PDA

View Full Version : New NCAA rules

Schultzy
10-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Staff members can not attend high school all-star games or events associated with the event. Players can not be contacted by representatives of a university until he gets back home.

I just find this interesting considering a lot has gone on at these events in recent years recruiting wise.

Political Hack
10-31-2013, 08:24 PM
doesn't say anything about website guys contacting them, handing over their phones, and making sure people stay in touch.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Maybe Mullen can compete if they keep changing the rules. I know he wishes the entire summer was a dead period. I mean, I don't blame him, but unfortunately recruiting is about 50% of the job.

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 08:38 PM
doesn't say anything about website guys contacting them, handing over their phones, and making sure people stay in touch.

I seen what you did there. BWahaha

Todd4State
10-31-2013, 10:48 PM

The rule needs to go both ways. Coaches can't contact the player, and the player can't be in contact with a coach.

Coach34
10-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Maybe Mullen can compete if they keep changing the rules. I know he wishes the entire summer was a dead period. I mean, I don't blame him, but unfortunately recruiting is about 50% of the job.

Starkville and our support system is 5X the problem Mullen is

HoopsDawg
10-31-2013, 11:12 PM

Your post isn't inaccurate, but..

It's always nice when your head coach loves recruiting and loves walking into the living room and winning over the family. Mullen doesn't.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Your post isn't inaccurate, but..

It's always nice when your head coach loves recruiting and loves walking into the living room and winning over the family. Mullen doesn't.

And you know this how? Marlon Humphrey said a few weeks ago that Mullen was his favorite coach to talk to.

Mullen isn't the problem, and Freeze isn't the reason OM is recruiting so well.

engie
10-31-2013, 11:54 PM

Mullen is responsible for his own support system in year 5. The fact that he has none is an indictment of him -- no one else.

bulldawg28
11-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Mullen is responsible for his own support system in year 5. The fact that he has none is an indictment of him -- no one else.

How many times does he have to strike out with the NCAA before you get it? So you expect Mullen to jeopardize his coaching career at State where the boosters, compliance department, and associates are failing and don't know how to keep their hands clean and support one another. No one in their right mind would do it. We can't play the game because it's broken. And it doesn't matter who he rubs shoulders with. It's too many holes and broken components. How about you cheat on your job where the HR doesn't support you and administration is clueless. And ny the way you've already been written up for the same thing. Let's see how long before your standing in the unemployment line.

FlabLoser
11-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Good leaders can say things without saying things. Good followers can see what's being said and follow.

bulldawg28
11-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Remember people we're talking about the same administration that won't allow our most successful coach at practice. Self imposed by our school. We turned our back after he's rubbed shoulders with the supposed right people. The people's university is a piece of work.