PDA

View Full Version : We have our guy

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 07:11 PM
I've been wrong. Bert was wrong. Its Judge. Surprise at OC and DC. Not ready to put it all out there yet but we are getting a good OC for sure.

I reckon if we waited on Judge much longer we wouldnt be able to get him later. Back to back Joes

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 07:14 PM
Well... looks like Cohen is putting his career on the back of a first time head coach. He must really think he's the GUY.

The good, the band is getting back together, Jackie, Feld, and errrrrr-body.

Should be interesting. Hopefully he's our Dabo

What I want to hear from Cohen is "why Judge?"

Why Judge over Calhoun, Monken, Clawson, etc? Outside of coaching under Saban & Belichick, what makes him special?

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 07:20 PM
Can't wait the hear them sell this one.

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 07:21 PM
#judgement-day in Vegas tomorrow

Mjoelner34
01-06-2020, 07:24 PM
If true, wonder if we will break the news during the bowl game?

shoeless joe
01-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Hearing the same...but been wrong before. Not at the top of my list but will get behind it. Best thing going for him is he?s not Moorhead

Paldridge10
01-06-2020, 07:25 PM
I?ve heard Will Hall as OC and Tosh Lupoi as DC or possibly Grantham. Feld coming in and a host of analyst following the Bama model.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 07:27 PM

We all knew he was an intriguing candidate, but I'm also curious about why him?

What makes him special & worth hiring with no head coaching experience?

I bet Belichick told Cohen that he's Saban

Spiderman

Rosebowl is already trying to do it. Doing what he does best, pumping the sunshine

HailStateSZN19
Don?t think it?s going to be Lupoi at DC. Sounds like he?s getting some NFL interest.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 07:28 PM
Could wind up being our dabo or croom 2.0. At least he's not Moorhead.

KOdawg1
01-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Yep. It's Judge.

He better learn to recruit, and he better learn it quickly. Bc this league will eat him alive if he doesn't. I like it from a potential standpoint, but potential wasn't really what we needed after the Moorhead disaster. We needed proven.

However, if he brings Will Hall as his OC and can steal Feld from Oregon like what's being rumored, I can get behind it. I'm nervous about it, but I'm behind it.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 07:31 PM
I will say we didn't need another learning curve HC at this point. I don't know what to think at this point. It's gonna be interesting. One thing about it if he's successful he probably won't be looking to go somewhere else

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 07:32 PM
Will Hall is coming. He is a bonafide winner. He ran the bone at Tulane but that aint what he does. Reckon I was proven wrong on that point too. Veer guys scare me but he was spread at every other stop and was a winner as a HC. He is a steal.

DC Im hearing is Bert. The real Bert not the Bert that lied to us. Not sure how to feel about this one but at least he has been in the league. Biggest concern for me is recruiting.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2020, 07:34 PM
What a damn train wreck

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Will Hall is coming. He is a bonafide winner. He ran the bone at Tulane but that aint what he does. Reckon I was proven wrong on that point too. Veer guys scare me but he was spread at every other stop and was a winner as a HC. He is a steal.

DC Im hearing is Bert. The real Bert not the Bert that lied to us. Not sure how to feel about this one but at least he has been in the league. Biggest concern for me is recruiting.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2020, 07:35 PM
Yep. It's Judge.

He better learn to recruit, and he better learn it quickly. Bc this league will eat him alive if he doesn't. I like it from a potential standpoint, but potential wasn't really what we needed after the Moorhead disaster. We needed proven.

However, if he brings Will Hall as his OC and can steal Feld from Oregon like what's being rumored, I can get behind it. I'm nervous about it, but I'm behind it.

Feld is already done. Hall has never recruited in the SEC but is solid. Lupoi is a disaster at DC but a great recruiter.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 07:36 PM
If Belicheck and Saban both hire you, odds are you are pretty good. I will leave it at that. I can get behind it. I personally wouldnt have done it but there's a reason he has been sought after by a lot of folks

dawgday166
01-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Sounds like Cohen turned himself a good deal. Probably saved $3 or 4 mill on HC and staff if not more. Good job John. Bama better look out **** We can spend those $$ that were saved on getting our first CWS title.

Having said that ... I'm all behind Judge if he's the guy.

bobtail bob
What a damn train wreck

That?s what I?m talking about. I don?t want to believe it CD

bluelightstar
This is quite likely to be an abject disaster.

dawgday166
01-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Feld is already done. Hall has never recruited in the SEC but is solid. Lupoi is a disaster at DC but a great recruiter.

Don't understand the Lupoi love either.

Bubb Rubb
Coordinators are supposedly will hall and bret bielema. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go vomit.

the_real_MSU_is_us
This is eerily reminiscent of when JoMo was hired:

Cohen passed up Satterfeld and multiple other great candidates and went with a smart, well thought of guy that had a sparce resume. Problem was that Cohen has no idea what it takes to be a FB HC and didn't see the signs of stubbornness with the O or inability to control the team coming. John was impressed with the interview and potential, so he hired him.

Now we've hired a young, smart, well thought of coach with EVEN LESS of a resume. Why? Because John Cohen was impressed with the interview and potential...

Am I the only one that's terrified by this?

OLJWales
01-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Rosebowl is already trying to do it. Doing what he does best, pumping the sunshine

If so, and we are getting the supposed assistants and what not, sunshine pumping is in order. If so, we just got a HC who just got thru interviewing for the HC job for the NYG. If we get him and the S&C coach from OR, along with good coordinators , I'm pumped and full of sunshine.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2020, 07:43 PM
Cohen is doing exactly what he did as a HC....he is overthinking this and injecting himself into this too much. Sometimes you don't need to pinch hit for your best hitter because it's a Left on Left matchup. Sometimes you gotta put the obvious choice in there and let him show why he's the obvious choice. Cohen is trying to be the smartest guy in the room and show that he is unconventional....this could be the king of all train wrecks.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 07:43 PM
What a damn train wreck

It's been a cluster since before and after the egg bowl. Let's just hope judge brings some belichik magic with him!

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 07:44 PM
It is kind of like Moorhead but Judge played in this league, coached in this league and was kept around and trusted by possibly the greatest two coaches of all time and won nattys and super bowls with both. If you want resume that is pretty strong. I get the doubt. I wouldnt have done it myself, I wouldve gave Napier what he wanted with Grantham as my 2 but it is what it is. Feld is a legit strength coach so that will be improved. Hall is a legit OC. Bert at least is a semi proven HC. He won at Wisconsin and at times at Arkansas. We have winners. And that is the name of the game. My biggest concern, as stated is recruiting.

Santiago
01-06-2020, 07:44 PM
This is eerily reminiscent of when JoMo was hired:

Cohen passed up Satterfeld and multiple other great candidates and went with a smart, well thought of guy that had a sparce resume. Problem was that Cohen has no idea what it takes to be a FB HC and didn't see the signs of stubbornness with the O or inability to control the team coming. John was impressed with the interview and potential, so he hired him.

Now we've hired a young, smart, well thought of coach with EVEN LESS of a resume. Why? Because John Cohen was impressed with the interview and potential...

Am I the only one that's terrified by this?

I don't see this any way close to Jomo. Also see that JJ has way more contacts to assemble a staff faster with MS and SEC ties to it. He is one of our own, so can we at least give him a fair running go at this?
I am pissed about Satterfield also, but this is today. And perhaps we have found our long term guy.

Bubb Rubb
01-06-2020, 07:46 PM
If your goal is to have a former MSU player/coach reunion, this coaching staff is worthy of sunshine.

If your goal is to recruit at a high level and win football games it's gonna be a shit show.

Bothrops
Confirmed Judge form my source.

deltadawg99
Geez

TheLostDawg
If we follow the Alabama model with analyst and LSU model with coordinators, I'm all for it. If we don't succeed that's okay but at least we have made the step of bringing good analysts in and hopefully never go back. This seems like the best model for us. We find it really hard to spend money on new coaches for some reason but okay with it if it's paying people more that are here and do well. Hopefully it works out. He has to know something to get an interview with the Giants and have BB backing him. We definitely are going to go through a learning curve no matter how good he is as we did with Mullen but hopefully we stack the deck this time and have coaches that want to be here and recruits see that. I really didn't think Cohen would go this route but if he does it the right way then it could be a huge success.

CadaverDawg
SEC programs aren't entry level jobs.

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Could also blow up in our face. Hopefully with the staff and everything else, we limit how far we can fall. However if Cohen pulls this off and Lemonis keeps getting us to the CWS, I believe people are going to start looking at Cohen a lot different. However judge could be the death of Cohen as well

HoopsDawg
01-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Going to keep an open mind. The staff is obviously crucial.

bluelightstar
01-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Seriously, with a hire this colossally risky, if we have to fire Judge in 3 or 4 years, clean out the whole AD.

bulldogcountry1
01-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Look at it this way, Moorhead has SEC HC experience.

Judge is a risk and a bit scary, but we are already better than last week.

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 07:56 PM
If so, and we are getting the supposed assistants and what not, sunshine pumping is in order. If so, we just got a HC who just got thru interviewing for the HC job for the NYG. If we get him and the S&C coach from OR, along with good coordinators , I'm pumped and full of sunshine.

Marvin Lewis interviewed for the Cowboys job. I damn sure don't want to hire him

Bothrops
01-06-2020, 07:56 PM
This is quite likely to be an abject disaster.

Quit listening to Paul Finebalm, that's all he says everyday.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-06-2020, 07:59 PM
I've never seen the board so completely split. Half are pumped and half are calling it a disaster. I lean disaster:

1) whether Judge is or isnt like Moorhead is irrelevant: the point I made was that in both cases they were hired based on a scant resume and John Cohens impression from an interview. He failed the first time to identify what makes a good HC, why would I think he know suddenly can make great hires based on the same interview reliant process?

2) getting hired by Saban or Bellicheck doesnt mean you're a SEC level HC. It means you're a good coach at what they hired you for. Brett Bielema was hired by Belicheck, should he be our zHC? Brian Baker was hired by Saban, is he an HC?

Hell man, for that matter Bielema js a shitty DC. Like god awful hire. When was the last time he called plays? When was the last time he had to install a defensive system and communicate it to kids? Arkansas defenses were crap.

Macintyre is right ****ing there and we go Bielema? How is it possible to get excited about that? He's a terrible hire at DC. Terrible.

kudzudawg
01-06-2020, 08:00 PM
If true, I love it. Was my number 1 with Napier 1b. Comes with risk for sure but it is HUGE to have an MSU guy who WANTS to be here. All assuming he has a great group of asst coaches to help him on his journey. Haildamnstate!

msstate7
01-06-2020, 08:02 PM
Hopefully Brett bielema is a co-DC/AHC, and we get a guy that's been a DC recently. I actually like bielema on staff to hopefully help our young HC.

Tony Hughes is a must for recruiting

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 08:02 PM

I used to work for a company that' ran the business model Cohen is using and they wondered why the business never grew.

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Let?s be clear, Judge was an analyst for Saban, not a position coach or coordinator.

He has only coached WR for the patriots for one year and other than that, he has coached special teams for 3-4 years, but beyond that, he has never called a play.

I sure hope it?s a home run hire, but he has never been on an field coach on the division 1 level is a legitimate concern.

BeardoMSU
01-06-2020, 08:06 PM
When hiring a HC, you've got to ask yourself: would this person be a legitimate candidate at another school? If the answer is no...you're ****ed.

Also, school/southern ties are overrated as hell.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Quit listening to Paul Finebalm, that's all he says everyday.

Truth sucks doesn't it. Get ready for a lot more, this is a panic hire by an amateur athletic director. He hired an MSU alum to try to get you people to give him the benefit of the doubt, knowing that this is a gigantic risk that he can hardly afford to take at this point. And his bluff will work for 80% of you suckers out there. " I'll get behind him he's an MSU guy" is already spreading out there.

Nope I'm not behind a damn thing until he proves it or fails, seen this show to many times. Hey asshole, we play in the SEC west 17ing act like it.

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 08:10 PM
I am going to look at it this way, out last hire the majority of us and the media LOVED and he turned out to be horrid. Before that, Mullen was a meh hire and turned out great. Croom was seen as a solid hire and failed miserably. I am very underwhelmed by this hire so if trends stick it should turn out pretty good.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 08:13 PM
When hiring a HC, you've got to ask yourself: would this person be a legitimate candidate at another school? If the answer is no...you're ****ed.

This.

Tripp McNeely
01-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Thank goodness, because this LA team looks worse than we did in Nashville! **

Bothrops
01-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Truth sucks doesn't it. Get ready for a lot more, this is a panic hire by an amateur athletic director. He hired an MSU alum to try to get you people to give him the benefit of the doubt, knowing that this is a gigantic risk that he can hardly afford to take at this point. And his bluff will work for 80% of you suckers out there. " I'll get behind him he's an MSU guy" is already spreading out there.

Nope I'm not behind a damn thing until he proves it or fails, seen this show to many times. Hey asshole, we play in the SEC west 17ing act like it.

What if it works out?

Hot Rock
01-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Thank goodness, because this LA team looks worse than we did in Nashville! **

They may win but how many penalties are they going to have? This is a bit scary if this is our guy. I kind of hope it is Judge.

Hot Rock
01-06-2020, 08:49 PM
I do like Napier concepts though, they would fit well with our personnel.

Exactly what are Judge's concepts?

Hambone
01-06-2020, 08:56 PM
So before Cohen hires his baseball guy he talks about how the guy will have multiple CWS experience then hires Lemonis. On hiring Moorhead?s replacement he says over and over again this hire will have an emphasis on head coaching experience yet may hire a guy that hasn?t even been a coordinator.......

Jesus when Howland hangs it up he?s liable to promote the damn Stansbury walk on to head coach

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 08:59 PM
We are a P5 SECW program and we are on the verge of a hiring a former player with zero head coaching experience that's been coaching special teams for an NFL team. After Moorhead you cannot take this kind of chance on a head coach. If this turns out to be true Cohen is in over his head as an AD. This seals it.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 09:04 PM
What if it works out?

Blind ass luck.

JoseBrown
01-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Not good. I'm gonna stick with BS until proven wrong. You can't just stick names in places and have it work. If that's the case Jackie's last three years would've been better. We're sposed to be better than this. We were sposed to get someone that has done it before or at least been very close to it.

DawgPoundtheRock
01-06-2020, 09:07 PM
On the bright side, our special teams should be dramatically improved ******

smootness
01-06-2020, 10:37 PM

I find myself agreeing so much with this.

And yet....

At the time they were hired, Ed Orgeron and Dabo Swinney would have been laughable hires by most schools.

And there are other examples, too, notably Hugh Freeze.

It's just impossible to know who will do well.

Dawgtini
01-06-2020, 10:41 PM

This. If Judge is the hire then I'm out until he proves it worth investing time and money and interest back in the program. I would've rather given SloMo another year (and I wanted him fired at season end) than to gamble like this on a guy with no HC or even Coord experience. Crazy if true.

msstate7
01-06-2020, 10:46 PM
This. If Judge is the hire then I'm out until he proves it worth investing time and money and interest back in the program. I would've rather given SloMo another year (and I wanted him fired at season end) than to gamble like this on a guy with no HC or even Coord experience. Crazy if true.

You'd rather keep someone we know sucks than someone who might or might not suck? Ok

Dawgtini
01-06-2020, 11:02 PM
Yes. Joe M sucked but not so bad that we went ULL and 11 (you get the point). Odds of JoMo getting better are the same as Judge being good out the gate.

msstate7
01-06-2020, 11:20 PM
Yes. Joe M sucked but not so bad that we went ULL and 11 (you get the point). Odds of JoMo getting better are the same as Judge being good out the gate.

I don't agree. Coaches that suck rarely get better. If the choices are Moorhead or judge, I choose judge.

yjnkdawg
01-06-2020, 11:24 PM
I don't agree. Coaches that suck rarely get better. If the choices are Moorhead or judge, I choose judge.

I agree on your choice, and everybody wanted JoeMo gone and now some don't. :confused:

Cooterpoot
01-06-2020, 11:27 PM
Moorhead had to go. And fans will support the new coach. But if it's Judge and things don't go well, the hell raising about Moorhead will pale in comparison to the shit storm Cohen will have to deal with.

msstate7
01-06-2020, 11:31 PM
Moorhead had to go. And fans will support the new coach. But if it's Judge and things don't go well, the hell raising about Moorhead will pale in comparison to the shit storm Cohen will have to deal with.

If judge fails miserably, Cohen gets the axe too, I think. That would be 3 hires that didn't work out.

DownwardDawg
01-06-2020, 11:39 PM
The Giants have interviews yet to be held this week, but they’ve told Judge no? Or maybe Judge is telling the Giants no! I got the State job!!

That makes no sense at all. No way anybody knows that Judge is the new coach.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 11:41 PM
The Giants have interviews yet to be held this week, but they’ve told Judge no? Or maybe Judge is telling the Giants no! I got the State job!!

Word is Judge interviewed today with the Giants must have been a ''complimentary interview'' like our guys were saying we were doing for the academy guys

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 11:42 PM

Good point. And why is Judge #1 with a bullet all of a sudden? This makes Cohen look like a rank amateur if true.

confucius say
01-06-2020, 11:44 PM

Dan M disagrees

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 11:47 PM
Dan M disagrees

LOL! Dan had a better resume in 2008 than Joe Judge does now. At least Dan was a successful OC.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2020, 11:49 PM
Dan M disagrees

Is this a joke? You comparing Dan's resume in 2008 to Judge's?? Lol, ok

Homedawg
01-06-2020, 11:49 PM
So we've gone from moorhead needs to be fired, which he should have, to this guy needs to win now. Anybody w a brain knows he's walking Into a really really really avg to bad team. Nowhere near what joe came into. Not close. Win 6 and compete and I'll be happy. Win 7 even better. Win 8 and well..:.
ETA I saw jomo for 2 years and he wouldn't have won more than 5 next year max!!

confucius say
01-06-2020, 11:51 PM
LOL! Dan had a better resume in 2008 than Joe Judge does now. At least Dan was a successful OC.

Ok. He said entry level. As in first time to be a head coach. Nothing to do with comparing resumes.

confucius say
01-06-2020, 11:52 PM

Im comparing the fact that both are having their entry level jobs at sec programs

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:10 AM

I hate to be that guy but Judge has won nattys and 3 super bowls I believe. But for the record Im on the fence with this hire. I probably wouldnt have done it. I wouldve preferred Clawson for sure if Napier really was out

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 12:17 AM

If we had a went 1 - 11 our lone win would not have been against ULL. Hell we only beat them by 10 as is.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:18 AM
Im gonna look like a POS but word is this aint over yet

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 12:19 AM
So we've gone from moorhead needs to be fired, which he should have, to this guy needs to win now. Anybody w a brain knows he's walking Into a really really really avg to bad team. Nowhere near what joe came into. Not close. Win 6 and compete and I'll be happy. Win 7 even better. Win 8 and well..:.
ETA I saw jomo for 2 years and he wouldn't have won more than 5 next year max!!

No matter who the coach is next year you got a chore on this hands.

HailStateSZN19
01-07-2020, 12:21 AM

What are you hearing Bucky?

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:22 AM
What are you hearing Bucky?

Im just going off of what others have posted in a different thread. IF and I mean IF they gave ''disinformation'' to the person that told me Judge a few hours ago, we have major internal problems

ScoobaDawg
01-07-2020, 12:25 AM

I want book #1 of the pre-order that you, RougeDawg, and Bert write after this mess is over...

John might not make it past this next tenure of this hire.

bobcat91
01-07-2020, 12:26 AM
Bert Stare lives

Coursesuper
01-07-2020, 12:27 AM
Im just going off of what others have posted in a different thread. IF and I mean IF they gave ''disinformation'' to the person that told me Judge a few hours ago, we have major internal problems

Well, the point about Cohen being in over his head ain't wrong. So here we sit.

deadheaddawg
01-07-2020, 12:27 AM
I mean it is a really nice house. Nice deck and a big lake. I could see Napier changing his mind and calling Bert back

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 12:28 AM
Bert Stare lives

He certainly laughing his ass off at this board one way or the other. Whether it's as a troll or as a truth-teller.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:28 AM
I want book #1 of the pre-order that you, RougeDawg, and Bert write after this mess is over...

John might not make it past this next tenure of this hire.

''Kick Rocks'' The Cohen Chronicles

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 12:29 AM
I just seriously cant believe some of us are going off of an anonymous account on a random message board with a poster by the name of Bert Stare. You cant make this up.

It just means Moor

munk_munk92
01-07-2020, 12:33 AM
I?ve heard Will Hall as OC and Tosh Lupoi as DC or possibly Grantham. Feld coming in and a host of analyst following the Bama model.

The bama model is really the big reason i was wanting Napier. I read that article about him using the bama model at ULL and how it has changed everything for them. If Judge is doing that then heck yes im good.

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 12:38 AM
The bama model is really the big reason i was wanting Napier. I read that article about him using the bama model at ULL and how it has changed everything for them. If Judge is doing that then heck yes im good.

That all depends on Cohen paying for staff. The model only works if you staff up and pay them.

Todd4State
01-07-2020, 12:42 AM
That all depends on Cohen paying for staff. The model only works if you staff up and pay them.

Why would Cohen hire a guy to do something and then not give him the money he needs to do his job.

Cloak
01-07-2020, 12:43 AM

https://hailstatetakes.com/2020/01/06/what-joe-judge-would-bring-to-starkville/?fbclid=IwAR3SSI4gje9dxmg33uTwT9i_K2Ci5KVvTswWKWBE hX6osxl2bcudODAJTBg

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 12:44 AM
Why would Cohen hire a guy to do something and then not give him the money he needs to do his job.

I was talking in the Judge case. I don't think Napier is coming unless he gets the staff

Todd4State
01-07-2020, 12:56 AM
I was talking in the Judge case. I don't think Napier is coming unless he gets the staff

Part of my theory about that is Joe told Cohen that we didn't need to spend money on certain things. I think Cohen is willing to spend it but the football coach needs to tell him how much and for what the money is for.

Spiderman
01-07-2020, 08:35 AM
I just seriously cant believe some of us are going off of an anonymous account on a random message board with a poster by the name of Bert Stare. You cant make this up.

It just means Moor

Haha, yep.

My thing all along is as you sit pondering what a good message board handle is, some how your mind comes up with the stare of a puppet on a PBS children's program.

That's a dude that bears watching, or else just gives zero f**ks about anything.

Spiderman
01-07-2020, 08:36 AM

The model also works very well when you are more talented than most other teams

Cowbell
01-07-2020, 08:39 AM

Yes

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 08:40 AM

I think what he is alluding to is having a much larger support staff, analyst, etc. That is a big point of Napier program

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 08:41 AM

Ha ... yep. But that ain't us on signing day. We've been pretty close 3 or 4 years later in '14 and '18 but never on signing day.

StateDawg44
01-07-2020, 08:50 AM

It just means Moor

Honestly, and this is no knock on you and specifically applies to this hiring process, Bert's credibility is just as high/low as yours. To me at least.

There is no reason to believe anyone here obviously.

Why can't some of you just wait until something is announced? I can't wait for all the "I told you so's..." At this point, I might as well start multiple threads naming off multiple coaching candidates so I can join the party when it happens.

Spiderman
01-07-2020, 08:51 AM
I think what he is alluding to is having a much larger support staff, analyst, etc. That is a big point of Napier program

I know.

Some younger folks may not know this but Mullen was the first hire State made in football in about 50 that wasn't based on the "Bama Model".

Tyler (Bryant assistant), Bellard (wishbone inventor who taught it to Bryant personally), Felker (Bama assisitant), Jackie (Bama alum Bryant protege), Croom (Bama Alum, Bryant protege).

We chased Bama for years trying to be Bama.

You will never beat Bama trying to out "Bama" Alabama.

That said, I like Napier, he would be my #1 out of the coaches being mentioned. But whoever we hire better think outside the box.

I want creativity, and the ability to change quickly and on the fly. Mullen could do that. Moorhead, like Croom, Jackie, Felker, and Bellard could not. They stayed married to what they did, results be damned.

Napier Hud are safer hires. Judge is a big gamble.

In truth,it's all a big gamble. I just know we can't have a guy again who will ONLY do it one way, like we have had in every coach except Mullen in my lifetime.

dawgday166
01-07-2020, 08:53 AM

I was. Judge may have same model but if we get Judge, I'm a thinking the support staff, analysts, etc. will be fewer and more lowly paid than with Napier ... which could've been a deal breaker with Cohen.

But I'm still hanging with Bert.

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2020, 09:00 AM
Honestly, and this is no knock on you and specifically applies to this hiring process, Bert's credibility is just as high/low as yours. To me at least.

There is no reason to believe anyone here obviously.

Why can't some of you just wait until something is announced? I can't wait for all the "I told you so's..." At this point, I might as well start multiple threads naming off multiple coaching candidates so I can join the party when it happens.

Naw I understand totally no offense taken

Really Clark?
01-07-2020, 09:02 AM
I know.

Some younger folks may not know this but Mullen was the first hire State made in football in about 50 that wasn't based on the "Bama Model".

Tyler (Bryant assistant), Bellard (wishbone inventor who taught it to Bryant personally), Felker (Bama assisitant), Jackie (Bama alum Bryant protege), Croom (Bama Alum, Bryant protege).

We chased Bama for years trying to be Bama.

You will never beat Bama trying to out "Bama" Alabama.

That said, I like Napier, he would be my #1 out of the coaches being mentioned. But whoever we hire better think outside the box.

I want creativity, and the ability to change quickly and on the fly. Mullen could do that. Moorhead, like Croom, Jackie, Felker, and Bellard could not. They stayed married to what they did, results be damned.

Napier Hud are safer hires. Judge is a big gamble.

In truth,it's all a big gamble. I just know we can't have a guy again who will ONLY do it one way, like we have had in every coach except Mullen in my lifetime.

I agree with that.