PDA

View Full Version : Step back and look at the situation

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 06:29 PM
Just think about it...

It is Napier, it HAS to be.
Forget Bert, everything else points to it.

A coach would have been named already if it was not Napier.
Judge has been floated because 1. He is a smokescreen for Napier and 2. He is a State guy and we are helping him get his name out there plus him being a State guy and endorsed by former players and coaches would present less push back. He is the perfect patsy.

No way Cohen fires Moorhead without somebody lined up.
You really think Napier is going to turn down 4+ mil a year to stay at UL?

If it were going to be any of the candidates mentioned besides Napier it would have been sign sealed and delivered already.

Using common sense and reading between the lines tells me it is Napier and we are holding up our end of the bargain of keeping it hush hush until after his bowl tonight.

If it turns out to not be Napier, our administration is an absolute shit show and I don?t think Cohen is that unorganized.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 06:34 PM
Or Cohen assumed he had a done deal 17ed it up, and is now in full oh shit mode playing catch up.

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Meant to reply to thread not start one can delete

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 06:36 PM
that is possible but I just cannot see him 17ing up this bad for a 2nd time

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Or Bert is King and Napier buys that house. Mind blown

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 06:37 PM
No this is a good thread. This is why I still think it's Napier. It's just weird how everything was made to be a big deal then suddenly shut down when he pulls the candidate talk.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 06:41 PM
that is possible but I just cannot see him 17ing up this bad for a 2nd time

You like most give him way to much credit.

DeltaChicagoDog
01-06-2020, 06:43 PM
I sure as sh*t hope you're right, but feels like wishful thinking. I mean, wonder if OM people think Keith Carter had Kiffin lined up before firing Luke?

Leroy Jenkins
If it wasn't BN the name would have leaked by now. The fact no one knows who it is leads me to believe it's the guy who is still playing.

MoreCowbell
No this is a good thread. This is why I still think it's Napier. It's just weird how everything was made to be a big deal then suddenly shut down when he pulls the candidate talk.

You like most give him way to much credit.

Have not been a fan of him as AD so far at all. If he 17ed this up he needs to be gone. He does seem in over his head but I just cannot fathom him being that bad. Lord help us if he is

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 07:07 PM
Just think about it...

It is Napier, it HAS to be.
Forget Bert, everything else points to it.

A coach would have been named already if it was not Napier.
Judge has been floated because 1. He is a smokescreen for Napier and 2. He is a State guy and we are helping him get his name out there plus him being a State guy and endorsed by former players and coaches would present less push back. He is the perfect patsy.

No way Cohen fires Moorhead without somebody lined up.
You really think Napier is going to turn down 4+ mil a year to stay at UL?

If it were going to be any of the candidates mentioned besides Napier it would have been sign sealed and delivered already.

Using common sense and reading between the lines tells me it is Napier and we are holding up our end of the bargain of keeping it hush hush until after his bowl tonight.

If it turns out to not be Napier, our administration is an absolute shit show and I don?t think Cohen is that unorganized.

Rosebowl is all but telling us it's Judge. Wyatt basically did the same

If so, this whole process from the firing to the search has been a cluster f**k

RougeDawg
01-06-2020, 07:18 PM
I hope what I?m hearing isn?t true but if it is the juicy details should be fun to hash out afterward.

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 09:50 PM
I still stand by this

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 10:09 PM
What if instead of judge it's Grantham but with the changes listed such as Tulane OC, $for analysts, Brett B as DC..?

JNC23
01-06-2020, 10:29 PM
I hope what I?m hearing isn?t true but if it is the juicy details should be fun to hash out afterward.

Can we expect a RougeDawg tells all thread regardless of what happens? I'm curious.

Maroonthirteen
01-06-2020, 10:38 PM
Really the timing of the bowl means nothing. Joe was officially fired Friday. We had a weekend. This is the first business day after Joe was fired. It takes time to get people in and interviewed and make a decision.

If it is Napier, maybe there is an announcement Wednesday.

If it isn't, we may have an announcement by Friday but probably next week.

Mjoelner34
01-06-2020, 11:02 PM
Really the timing of the bowl means nothing. Joe was officially fired Friday. We had a weekend. This is the first business day after Joe was fired. It takes time to get people in and interviewed and make a decision.

If its Judge, it wont be until after the Giants make a hire and they still have at least 2 more days of interviews scheduled. That's why I said in another thread that Judge may be the favorite but he cant be hired while he is still in the running for the Giant's job. I really dont expect him to get it but who would be up next? Sark? Grantham?

defiantdog
01-06-2020, 11:17 PM
I Really want to like this hire..... can he change his first name from Joe? That may be why I don't like it...... I don't know.

Maverick
01-06-2020, 11:19 PM
I can't believe it's Napier at this point, read between the lines. The guy said he told his friends it's like when you've been working on a plane for a while and you finally get it running, you just wanna fly that plane for a little while. He wants to run the program he's built for a little while.

It also appears he wants to wait for another job to open up that he sees as a better program or that's in a better position to get him to the playoffs and a natty. Can't knock him I don't guess but I'll say it, he's scared haha. Don't know that I blame him but it certainly takes a certain kind of coach to want to take on the challenge of coaching in the SEC let alone the West.

It is crazy to think somebody would turn down triple their salary, I can't imagine that would go over well with my wife haha. He obviously likes where he is and is willing to gamble on something else opening up later where he would want to move to.

I don't want him if he doesn't want to be here, no point in forcing somebody to do that. That's why people would say we got a half ass effort from mullen after some time here, you might say he checked out....

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 11:39 PM

I can't believe Joe was just fired Friday. It feels like we've been searching for a coach for a full week now.

And if we are waiting on the Giants to decide who they want as coach then Cohen screwed the pooch. Judge is a bad hire.

DownwardDawg
01-06-2020, 11:42 PM
If its Judge, it wont be until after the Giants make a hire and they still have at least 2 more days of interviews scheduled. That's why I said in another thread that Judge may be the favorite but he cant be hired while he is still in the running for the Giant's job. I really dont expect him to get it but who would be up next? Sark? Grantham?

Agree! No way anybody can know that it’s Judge because he hasn’t heard from the Giants yet. They still interviewing candidates! It may end up being Judge, but it’s not right now.

OSCAR
01-07-2020, 04:02 AM
Or Cohen assumed he had a done deal 17ed it up, and is now in full oh shit mode playing catch up.

No, Cohen had elected to give Joe another year and if it came to it, conduct a full search from a larger and higher quality candidate pool next cycle. It?s not rocket science, this cycle Napier was the best car available and he is a mustang at best. Next season their will be luxury cars on the lot. We should have been more patient.

OSCAR
01-07-2020, 04:05 AM
Agree! No way anybody can know that it’s Judge because he hasn’t heard from the Giants yet. They still interviewing candidates! It may end up being Judge, but it’s not right now.

He’s not even a serious candidate for that job! He likely was given that interview as a favor to his agent. They are interviewing his boss for goodness sakes.

MarketingBully
01-07-2020, 05:35 AM
No, Cohen had elected to give Joe another year and if it came to it, conduct a full search from a larger and higher quality candidate pool next cycle. It?s not rocket science, this cycle Napier was the best car available and he is a mustang at best. Next season their will be luxury cars on the lot. We should have been more patient.

So we’d get another shit show season to have our team less disciplined and softer? No thank you. Firing Moorhead was the right decision. You can’t have Tutorgate, shit play, and a Sidnesque fight that put our QB out of the MCB. Moorhead 0-5 with a bye week and bowls. Least disciplined team I’ve seen in a long ass time. He might have been a decent OC but he was a shit head coach.

OSCAR
01-07-2020, 05:46 AM
So we’d get another shit show season to have our team less disciplined and softer? No thank you. Firing Moorhead was the right decision. You can’t have Tutorgate, shit play, and a Sidnesque fight that put our QB out of the MCB. Moorhead 0-5 with a bye week and bowls. Least disciplined team I’ve seen in a long ass time. He might have been a decent OC but he was a shit head coach.

We may not be as soft but we are about to hire someone who has more learning on the job to do than Joe did.

MarketingBully
01-07-2020, 05:56 AM
We may not be as soft but we are about to hire someone who has more learning on the job to do than Joe did.

What did Moorhead know about the SEC? Absolutely nothing. Judge knows the SEC and better yet is a Bulldog and will do whatever it takes to succeed here. We will finally in 12 years have an OC that has control of their offense. Will Hall knows how to recruit and has a fun offense. Judge will have a great staff to support him. The more I think about it the more I’m excited about this hire.

ILOATHEBears
01-07-2020, 07:46 AM

This is why I believe that Steve and Matt are giving misinformation. How could it be Judge when he interviewed with the Giants on Monday. Why waste time doing that if you are busy going over the details of your MSU contract and putting a staff together? I believe JC had reached out to BN before the egg bowl but with the outcome of the game he had to back down and 4 weeks later they reach out again but BN is locked in to winning game number 11 and setting a ULL record and is kinda pissed at JC because he is so rigid and it rubbed BN wrong even though he wanted the job he had to finish what he started plus you came to me in November only to do a head fake on me so there?s that