PDA

View Full Version : What I'm hearing....

Coach34
01-06-2020, 06:11 PM
Everything. I'm hearing everyyyyy damnnnnn thing with nobody trusting the info.

Napier still in play.
Napier is out and we moving on.
Judge looks like the guy with possibly Bielema as the DC
Sark interviewed great and could end up being the guy.
Grantham had a shitty interview.
It's either Judge or Grantham with Brian Johnson as OC for Grantham
Clawson impressed and was talked to a 2nd time

And of course- Bert Stare has the entire Southeast talking about him. He is either the agent, assistant of the agent, or the greatest troll in awhile. Either way- "it's Bert Stare level" will be used as a phrase going forward around message boards for something top notch.

Shirley we will hear something by tomorrow

msudawglb
01-06-2020, 06:13 PM
This is probably the first post of yours that I enjoyed. Thanks!

parabrave
01-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Well you do know what the initials Bert Stare stand for. Barabass Arrabbas just wasn't a name either.

TStationDawg
01-06-2020, 06:14 PM
This is great! And AT LEAST believable! This coaching search has given me so much entertaintment it's laughable. Even my kids have a pool on who the coach is going to be! Hahahahaha

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 06:15 PM
Yeah there's crap flying all over the place. I don't know if our admin did it on purpose or not but they sure have put out a huge dis information campaign. If it was intentional bravo for a job well done, if all this is just because we're inept then oh well. We'll know soon enough.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 06:16 PM
This is great! And AT LEAST believable! This coaching search has given me so much entertaintment it's laughable. Even my kids have a pool on who the coach is going to be! Hahahahaha

Been trying to dm you but your inbox is full. Hope you're well!

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 06:16 PM
I honestly think Cohen is getting is all back for the egg bowl news leak

msstate7
01-06-2020, 06:17 PM
Hope the clawson part is true

StateDawg44

This coaching search has been quite the spectacle but at least we didn't reach UT levels. One more bust of a hire and we are there IMO though.

Big4Dawg
Bielema is currently the DL coach for the Pats btw

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 06:18 PM
All this cloak and dagger to just hire Judge or Sark is beyond dumb.

BeardoMSU

Napier still in play.

And of course- Bert Stare has the entire Southeast talking about him. He is either the agent, assistant of the agent, or the greatest troll in awhile. Either way- "it's Bert Stare level" will be used as a phrase going forward around message boards for something top notch.

Great post, lol.

Coach34
I honestly think Cohen is getting is all back for the egg bowl news leak

yeah- you can tell people were warned to stfu this time

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 06:19 PM
This is the best disinformation campaign ever or total chaos I'm definitely not sure which.

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 06:20 PM
All this cloak and dagger to just hire Judge or Sark is beyond dumb.

The cloak and dagger is just a bunch of random internet people throwing unfounded rumors out and people running with it. There is no way to avoid it and it happens with every power 5 hiring.

Turfdawg67
This is probably the first post of yours that I enjoyed. Thanks!

Aww, come now. He posts some good stuff. I'm far from kissing the ground he walks on like preachermatt, but I enjoy most of his posts. Unless he's beating his chest about how right he was (ignoring all the other times).

BulldogDX55
Great post, lol.

Right after people start theorizing they're one in the same.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 06:21 PM
This has been epic! You couldn't have written a movie script this good!

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 06:22 PM
This is the best disinformation campaign ever or total chaos I'm definitely not sure which.

Lol we had the same thought!

PGHBulldogBG
01-06-2020, 06:23 PM
Still holding out hope for Clawson

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Napier still in play.

Exactly the way Cohen wants it.

He never hires who you think

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:25 PM

I'd love me some 17ing Bert. I like Bert

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Lol we had the same thought!

I'm pretty sure my phone hurts though, it's getting a workout.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Listening the BY.

Rosey says he believes we're less than 48 hours from hiring a new coach

parabrave
01-06-2020, 06:27 PM

Is the wife coming also. ED needs to build her a special sunbathing pad.

TStationDawg
01-06-2020, 06:28 PM
ALL CLEARED

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 06:28 PM
I'm pretty sure my phone hurts though, it's getting a workout.

Right there with ya! It's been a wild ride for sure I just hope it ends with us getting a sure enough HC.

Dawgface
01-06-2020, 06:30 PM
Listening the BY.

Rosey says he believes we're less than 48 hours from hiring a new coach

And Paul and Gene have it at 90% Judge as the coach fwiw.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:32 PM

Who knows

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 06:34 PM
Step back and look at the situation
Just think about it...

It is Napier, it HAS to be.
Forget Bert, everything else points to it.

A coach would have been named already if it was not Napier.
Judge has been floated because 1. He is a smokescreen for Napier and 2. He is a State guy and we are helping him get his name out there plus him being a State guy and endorsed by former players and coaches would present less push back. He is the perfect patsy.

No way Cohen fires Moorhead without somebody lined up.
You really think Napier is going to turn down 4+ mil a year to stay at UL?

If it were going to be any of the candidates mentioned besides Napier it would have been sign sealed and delivered already.

Using common sense and reading between the lines tells me it is Napier and we are holding up our end of the bargain of keeping it hush hush until after his bowl tonight.

If it turns out to not be Napier, our administration is an absolute shit show and I don?t think Cohen is that unorganized.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Steve says on BY that it's not Napier. He received confirmation today that Napier will not be the coach

MetEdDawg
01-06-2020, 06:36 PM
This to me is classic smokescreen for the real deal.

There's so much flying around because I think it's being orchestrated that way.

I think our athletic department learned a valuable lesson after the Egg Bowl. Nothing is final and information like that getting out that early is detrimental to our university. Every important hire from here on out I bet is a litany of smokescreens and mirrors. We are playing big boy ball now.

basedog
01-06-2020, 06:37 PM
Step back and look at the situation
Just think about it...

It is Napier, it HAS to be.
Forget Bert, everything else points to it.

A coach would have been named already if it was not Napier.
Judge has been floated because 1. He is a smokescreen for Napier and 2. He is a State guy and we are helping him get his name out there plus him being a State guy and endorsed by former players and coaches would present less push back. He is the perfect patsy.

No way Cohen fires Moorhead without somebody lined up.
You really think Napier is going to turn down 4+ mil a year to stay at UL?

If it were going to be any of the candidates mentioned besides Napier it would have been sign sealed and delivered already.

Using common sense and reading between the lines tells me it is Napier and we are holding up our end of the bargain of keeping it hush hush until after his bowl tonight.

If it turns out to not be Napier, our administration is an absolute shit show and I don?t think Cohen is that unorganized.

If it is Judge why are we waiting? I suppose the plane has to go pick him up today or is the plane heading south.....

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 06:39 PM
Exactly the way Cohen wants it.

He never hires who you think

Just stop, he's not that 17ing smart. If it's how I think this is going he playing a serious game of catch up. I'll sit back now and listen to you regurgitate whatever Rosey is selling when the hire Joe Judge.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:40 PM
Just stop, he's not that 17ing smart. If it's how I think this is going he playing a serious game of catch up. I'll sit back now and listen to you regurgitate whatever Rosey is selling when the hire Joe Judge.

Sheesh. Go play in traffic

It's not that Cohen is smart, he just runs a tight search.

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 06:40 PM

Odd all this is put out right before the game tonight

MoreCowbell
01-06-2020, 06:41 PM
If it is Judge why are we waiting? I suppose the plane has to go pick him up today or is the plane heading south.....

Exactly, the timing of everything points to Napier u less Cohen has royally 17ed up.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:41 PM

Because he interviewed with the Giants today.

Wouldn't you want the next MSU coach to have interviewed with the Giants?

Coach34
01-06-2020, 06:43 PM
If Judge is interviewing with the Giants- he has us on standby right now

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Sheesh. Go play in traffic

It's not that Cohen is smart, he just runs a tight search.

Horseshit. You are perfect for that bunch exactly what they are hoping for.

basedog
01-06-2020, 06:44 PM
Because he interviewed with the Giants today.

Wouldn't you want the next MSU coach to have interviewed with the Giants?

Hell naw, if everything went like some suggested about Judge and his resume and interview, wouldn't you ask him to be the Coach before he goes on another interview? Maybe we are Judge's second choice if we say, OK let me when you can give me an answer?

Big4Dawg
01-06-2020, 06:44 PM

He interviewed earlier today

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1214308906509320192?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

basedog
01-06-2020, 06:45 PM

Exactly, Stevie Wonder can see that!

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 06:50 PM
John Cohen is in Starkville today.

Looksl like the interview process is over according to Rosey

Jack Lambert
01-06-2020, 06:51 PM
One thing for certain we will have a new coach.

bigplayslay
01-06-2020, 06:52 PM
I want to start by saying I have zero inside sources. But in my humble opinion one of these three things has happened.

1. We have Napier and he is signed and everything else is smoke (seems unlikely now).

2. We thought we had Napier signed and went ahead and prematurely fired Moorhead. Napier then stalled waiting on Baylor or Oklahoma to open up. Cohen then got tired of all the negotiations/waiting and we have now moved on to Judge, Grantham, etc.

3. We really were going to have a discussion with Joe about his future but news got leaked to the national guys and that made the decision for us.

As far as before the BFTGE I have no idea or theory on what went down. Absolute cluster.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 06:52 PM

Exactly

trojandawg
01-06-2020, 06:54 PM
and that to me seems like we would go with some other option.

GT3F8
01-06-2020, 07:03 PM
I want to start by saying I have zero inside sources. But in my humble opinion one of these three things has happened.

1. We have Napier and he is signed and everything else is smoke (seems unlikely now).

2. We thought we had Napier signed and went ahead and prematurely fired Moorhead. Napier then stalled waiting on Baylor or Oklahoma to open up. Cohen then got tired of all the negotiations/waiting and we have now moved on to Judge, Grantham, etc.

3. We really were going to have a discussion with Joe about his future but news got leaked to the national guys and that made the decision for us.

As far as before the BFTGE I have no idea or theory on what went down. Absolute cluster.

I agree...Napier is out....not going to be our coach.....per Rosie and others.....
Judge seems to be the first choice....depends on NYG
I would not be surprised to see a dark horse to show up...

bobcat91
01-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Prefer Napier, not impressed with Judge, of what's left perfer Clawson first Calhoun second.

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 07:14 PM
Exactly, the timing of everything points to Napier u less Cohen has royally 17ed up.

It seems Cohen has royally fooked up

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 07:24 PM
It seems Cohen has royally fooked up

Unless Judge is outstanding

DogsofAnarchy
01-06-2020, 07:35 PM

Honest question. Are we in a position to take chances on this hire? We absolutely know that Hud would win 6-9 games a year. We absolutely know that experience usually trumps anything else except pure talent. So we are gonna have less talent than most teams in the SEC and have the least experience at Head Coach. Cohen is putting his nuts on the line for somebody 37 years old with no head coaching experience? Ok.

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 07:37 PM

Unless, brother, unless.

BIG gamble

Spiderman
01-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Honest question. Are we in a position to take chances on this hire? We absolutely know that Hud would win 6-9 games a year. We absolutely know that experience usually trumps anything else except pure talent. So we are gonna have less talent than most teams in the SEC and have the least experience at Head Coach.

Yep

Todd4State
01-06-2020, 07:51 PM
The biggest plus about Judge is he isn't going to try to learn how to coach and call plays at the same time. I'm assuming he isn't coaching special teams.

Not real super impressed if it's Will Hall and Bilema as coordinators though.

sandjunky
01-06-2020, 08:08 PM
When this is a total shitshow, I can?t wait for the you can?t fire him, he?s one of our own bs that will be spewed ....it?s the frickin SEC, start Frickin acting like it .....it?s the best conference in the land, not some training ground that cut your teeth