PDA

View Full Version : How about Judge with a retired coach as an analyst?

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 05:13 PM
Just throwing a name out there, but what about hiring judge and then offering someone like Mark Richt $2 million to be an analyst/consultant.

Have them teach Judge the ropes.

What successful retired coaches would be good fits?

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 05:15 PM
Jackie Sherrill. And I'm serious as hell.

Mobile Bay
Why not Jackie Sherril?

deadheaddawg
Sherril would work too.

Hell bring in more than one.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-06-2020, 05:16 PM

YES! I'll get the bull ready!!!

HailStateSZN19
01-06-2020, 05:21 PM
PER GENE over on the board today, he mentioned that Judge would bring in some names that would impress folks as analysts for his staff. Guys with some serious and solid experience. Would be fantastic to have Jackie as an analyst!

Cooterpoot
01-06-2020, 05:23 PM
How about Judge after he's proven he can actually coach.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2020, 05:24 PM
Sherrill is like 100. Damn guys! We bringing Joe Lee too?

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 05:26 PM
Good God what a gullible lot.

Doggie_Style
01-06-2020, 05:28 PM

I actually think this is Cohen's plan

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-06-2020, 05:30 PM
Sherrill is like 100. Damn guys! We bringing Joe Lee too?

didn't say as a coach, as an analyst. Do you know what that is?

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 05:31 PM
PER GENE over on the board today, he mentioned that Judge would bring in some names that would impress folks as analysts for his staff. Guys with some serious and solid experience. Would be fantastic to have Jackie as an analyst!

I bet Judge has a Rolodex of quality names. If he brings in good asst. coaches and lets them coach it may be okay.

But it's a real roll of the dice on him.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2020, 05:32 PM

Yes and it's still a damn joke

Schultzy
01-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Beliema is DL coach for Patriots, rumor is he would be DC if Judge gets it.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 05:33 PM
I actually think this is Cohen's plan

If this is the plan that prick needs to be fired right now, don't even let him clean out his office, have someone do it for him and send him his shit.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Just because you can imagine a scenario working out, doesnt mean it's the best path to take. Sure, I can imagine a young HC with great ideas listening to the sage advice of a vet and we get the best of both worlds, but that's like 1% chance of actually happening.

Fact of the matter is hiring a coach is a gamble. We should take the best odds: Judge has absolutely no track record as a recruiter, play caller, manager of young men, evaluator of talent, motivator, disciplinarian, creator of game plans, clock management, identifying coaching talent, etc.

All we know for sure is wed have great ST play, and he wouldnt look to leave at the first chance.

That's an extremely bad bet

HailStateSZN19
01-06-2020, 05:35 PM
I bet Judge has a Rolodex of quality names. If he brings in good asst. coaches and lets them coach it may be okay.

Agree. This hire 1000% hinges on Cohen opening up the damn wallet to bring in one hell of a staff to back Judge. Gonna have to be some serious recruiters on the staff.

Lord McBuckethead
01-06-2020, 05:37 PM

That would be very interesting.

Chinchilla
01-06-2020, 05:38 PM
In this case, I guess I don't. Do you mind enlightening me?

What would Sherrill "analyze" that would be worth $2M per year?

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 05:39 PM

There's a recruiting genius right there. Just what we need.

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 05:42 PM
In this case, I guess I don't. Do you mind enlightening me?

What would Sherrill "analyze" that would be worth $2M per year?
You wouldn't have to pay Sherrill nearly that much.

$2 million is just a number that I think might intice a bigger name out of retirement to help judge. You can add consultant to the title if you want

This is Just a suggestion. But judge appears to be a very serious candidate. Might as well talk about ways to help him if he does get it.

We could continue to just have naiper threads if we only want to talk about people NOT likely to be the coach. I'm fine with either

Chinchilla
01-06-2020, 05:45 PM

$2 million is just a number that I think might intice a bigger name out of retirement to help judge. You can add consultant to the title if you want

Just a suggestion. But judge appears to be a very serious candidate. Might as well talk about ways to help him if he does get it

"Consultant" or "Advisor" is pretty self-explanatory. I genuinely didn't understand why we would hire Jackie (or Richt for that matter) as an analyst.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 05:46 PM

This is Just a suggestion. But judge appears to be a very serious candidate. Might as well talk about ways to help him if he does get it.

We could continue to just have naiper threads if we only want to talk about people NOT likely to be the coach

If we have to find ways to help him get it done is he the right guy for the job?

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 05:47 PM
Judge has no head coaching experience. Probably not much recruiting experience. They can help mentor him.

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 05:49 PM
If we have to find ways to help him get it done is he the right guy for the job?

Do you except a first time coach to know everything his first day?

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Do you except a first time coach to know everything his first day?

No I would expect to hire a competent coach to coach in the Southeastern Conference Western Division, and for us to act like that's where we play D-1 and Bowl Subdivision sports. This is absolutely the most Mithippy Tate thing ever. But what should we expect, after an exhaustive nation wide search for a first rate athletic director we hired a fvcking baseball coach with exactly zero experience as an AD. I hope those that put him there are enjoying this they deserve all the credit.

MedDawg
01-06-2020, 06:11 PM
Just throwing a name out there, but what about hiring judge and then offering someone like Mark Richt $2 million to be an analyst/consultant.

Have them teach Judge the ropes.

What successful retired coaches would be good fits?nm

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 06:57 PM

Hopefully college guys so we don't have to worry about them leaving year two like with Moorhead