PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt dropping some good info right now

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 01:13 PM
Might want to check it out on FB.

Said we have had conversations with Joe Brady (points for Bert).

Says Fickel family situation calls for him to stay put for now.

Thinks Sark & Judge are legitimate leading candidates

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 01:16 PM
Said nothing about Napier?

hacker
01-06-2020, 01:17 PM

He said last night that he doesn't consider him a candidate until he hears otherwise

KOdawg1
01-06-2020, 01:18 PM
I think the ship has sailed

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 01:18 PM

not yet. said last night he was marking him off until otherwise noted after PC (maybe told to do so??)

MrKotter
01-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Wyatt, Rosebowl, Paul and gene have been all over the place and thrown everything at the wall they could. It's impossible, and likely stupid, to take what anyone has to offer currently as anything of substance.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 01:23 PM
One thing I do like about the fantasy of Judge is that non-traditional powers have to be bad ass on special teams (Frank Beamer) in order to compete at the highest levels.

Well... we'd be bad ass on special teams

parabrave
01-06-2020, 01:28 PM
Sark or Judge depending on the Giants. Start calling the SECw the Pete Carroll division.

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 01:30 PM
I'm not sold on Judge either, but, if you're Cohen & you're a little insecure about your coaching hires (which you are since you whiffed last time), & Belichick calls you & says "John.... This is Bill. Hire Joe Judge. He reminds me of Nick Saban at the same age when I was in Cleveland."

What do you do?

Better yet, what is Keenum's reaction when you tell him what Belichick said?

I'm not saying this happened, but it may have

Dawgfan77
01-06-2020, 01:31 PM
#Sarkvegas

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 01:34 PM
Sark or Judge depending on the Giants. Start calling the SECw the Pete Carroll division.

I gotta buddy that lives in Seattle & is a big U Dub fan. I asked him about Sark yesterday.

- Polarizing coach in which U Dub fans still debate.
- Big party guy. always out on the town in his U Dub days.
- Was accused of impregnating a HS girl & paying for her abortion.
- Chased 5 stars all over the country which U Dub fans felt cost them with local players.
- Has a high ceiling but needs to have grown up since U Dub days
- Would hit on player's girlfriends to establish dominance.

confucius say
01-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that sark and kiffin do not get along?

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 01:42 PM
I'm not sold on Judge either, but, if you're Cohen & you're a little insecure about your coaching hires (which you are since you whiffed last time), & Belichick calls you & says "John.... This is Bill. Hire Joe Judge. He reminds me of Nick Saban at the same age when I was in Cleveland."

What do you do?

Jackie and former players are the ones pushing Judge.

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 01:48 PM
Judge has zero head guy experience. If we hire him he'll need an all star staff of asst. coaches to help him out. His OC and/or DC would have to be a former HC somewhere.

Rex54
01-06-2020, 01:51 PM
Judge - 3 million
Brady OC - 2 million

5 million for the rest including Shoop and Feld.. let's roll

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 01:52 PM
Jackie and former players are the ones pushing Judge.

And Bill 17ing Belichick

Why do you think he's getting a Giants' interview? You think he's not putting a good word for Judge in with MSU?

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Judge has zero head guy experience. If we hire him he'll need an all star staff of asst. coaches to help him out. His OC and/or DC would have to be a former HC somewhere.

He has zero coordinator experience. He has never called an offensive or defensive play in his life.

He has been an on the field coach for less than 5 years.

Maybe this guy is the next Nick Saban - but why doesn't he prove it at Group of 5 gig like most coaches do. Prove he has what it takes to build and maintain a program.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 02:00 PM
And Bill 17ing Belichick

Why do you think he's getting a Giants' interview? You think he's not putting a good word for Judge in with MSU?

So your saying that Bill Belichick called Cohen and Keenum, and you can confirm this? Or are you speculating?

ShotgunDawg
01-06-2020, 02:17 PM
So your saying that Bill Belichick called Cohen and Keenum, and you can confirm this? Or are you speculating?

Just speculating, but, if Belichick is as big of a supporter of Judge & we've been led to believe, then I think there is a pretty good possibility that that call has happened. MSU may have initiated the call but I can't imagine considering Judge for our head coaching job without speaking with Bill

dawgs
01-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Just a FYI for everyone concerned about judge being just a special teams guy. John harbough was primarily a special teams guy before he landed the ravens HC gig. He's done alright for himself. I'm not saying judge is going to be successful, just that his background as a special teams coordinator isn't necessarily a negative and definitely not a deal breaker. If anything, a special teams guy is gonna be more of a CEO type and let his coordinators do their thing because he's not married to a particular system or philosophy. I'm sure he'd have input, but it's not "his system" so there's gonna be a lot more flexibility and adaptability to our talent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harbaugh

As coach:
Western Michigan (1984?1987)
Running backs coach & outside linebackers
Pittsburgh (1987)
Tight ends coach
Morehead State (1988)
Special teams coach & secondary coach
Cincinnati (1989?1996)
Special teams coordinator
Indiana (1997)
Special teams coordinator & defensive backs
Philadelphia Eagles (1998?2007)
Special teams coordinator & defensive backs
Baltimore Ravens (2008?present)
Head coach

Duggie35
01-06-2020, 02:32 PM
Judge - 3 million
Brady OC - 2 million

LSU will not loose Brady over 2 million. They are already paying Aranda 2,000,000+ and will do whatever is necessary to keep Brady. MSU cannot outbid LSU for Brady!

Leroy Jenkins
01-06-2020, 02:35 PM
My concern with Judge is assistants... who would he bring with him. I'm completely assuming here, but, it doesn't seem like he would have a large network of coaches to pick from.

NCDawg
01-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Judge - 3 million
Brady OC - 2 million

Sounds pretty good to me.

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2020, 03:08 PM

What do you do?

Here is what I would say - that sounds great - please have him do what Saban did and go coach at Toledo or some other G5 gig and be ready to be the HC in 3 years.

1bigdawg
01-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Here is what I would say - that sounds great - please have him do what Saban did and go coach at Toledo or some other G5 gig and be ready to be the HC in 3 years.

If you don't want to hire him, that is fine, but realize that he does not have to go the G5 route. If we do not get him, he will be an NFL head coach soon.

smootness
01-06-2020, 03:36 PM
Why on earth would anyone think we could get Joe Brady to be our OC?

yjnkdawg
01-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Why on earth would anyone think we could get Joe Brady to be our OC?

Because they are in a fantasy college football world I guess and don't know that LSU is going to make him rich. That is a 0% chance on him leaving LSU to be an OC here.

bulldawg28
01-06-2020, 03:55 PM
#Sarkvegas

I like it!

OLJWales
01-06-2020, 03:57 PM
Judge - 3 million
Brady OC - 2 million

Do you really think Brady would leave LSU to be our OC? Or are you just trolling?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-06-2020, 04:12 PM
I gotta buddy that lives in Seattle & is a big U Dub fan. I asked him about Sark yesterday.

- Polarizing coach in which U Dub fans still debate.
- Big party guy. always out on the town in his U Dub days.
- Was accused of impregnating a HS girl & paying for her abortion.
- Chased 5 stars all over the country which U Dub fans felt cost them with local players.
- Has a high ceiling but needs to have grown up since U Dub days
- Would hit on player's girlfriends to establish dominance.

damn I am surprised OM didn't want him

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Im out on Judge. He just doesnt deserve it. We are in no shape to take that kind of risk. Im sure hes a great guy and a good coach but now is not the time

Lord McBuckethead
01-06-2020, 05:25 PM

What do you do?

Belichick better call cohen, Keenum, and Bert at the same time. Just saying.