PDA

View Full Version : SDS: MSU zeroing in on next coach

Msujd164
01-06-2020, 11:07 AM
Joe Judge

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/multiple-reports-suggest-mississippi-state-has-zeroed-in-on-head-coaching-candidate/

Rex54
01-06-2020, 11:09 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/14egry97mPkzTi/source.gif

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Stop reading that bullshit. Good God stop giving those 17s clicks.

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Judge definitely wants it but I think he has a chance if the job is still open after Tuesday.

gtowndawg
01-06-2020, 11:12 AM
I know nothing, but if I had to guess we have something lined up with Napier. However, Matt Rhule seemingly wants out of Baylor because he will now interview for the Panthers as well as the Giants. Napier might stall to see what he does. IF that's the case, we are prepping to have Judge as the back up plan. That's my honest interpretation of all this drama.

Duckdog
01-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Unless Bert says it I ain't believing it. Bert you my BOY!

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 11:13 AM
I know nothing, but if I had to guess we have something lined up with Napier. However, Matt Rhule seemingly wants out of Baylor because he will now interview for the Panthers as well as the Giants. Napier might stall to see what he does. IF that's the case, we are prepping to have Judge as the back up plan. That's my honest interpretation of all this drama.

I think either Judge or Fickell will be the backup plan. I have no sources, just gut instinct.

Rex54
01-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Our administration has done very well with the smokescreens, especially if what Bert reports is the truth.

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 11:16 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/TJufnSz934AnK/giphy.gif

1bigdawg
01-06-2020, 11:33 AM
I think either Judge or Fickell will be the backup plan. I have no sources, just gut instinct.

Fickell should be anyone's backup plan.

Huntsville Dawg
01-06-2020, 12:08 PM
I think Judge would be a great choice. While he maybe a bigger gamble on the front end, if he works out we have a coach who likes MSU, and would be easier to retain if bigger programs come calling.

fader2103
01-06-2020, 12:11 PM
The more and more I think about it I am on board with Joe Judge

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-06-2020, 12:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarqlsEW6F7F14Fq/giphy.gif

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 12:23 PM
The more and more I think about it I am on board with Joe Judge

No head coaching experience at all. And we'll pull the captain's chair out for a P5 SECW team? No way. Not after Fordham's best head coach in history fell on his face.

Doggie_Style
01-06-2020, 12:26 PM
No head coaching experience at all. And we'll pull the captain's chair out for a P5 SECW team? No way. Not after Fordham's best head coach in history fell on his face.

.......not even a Coordinator job! At least our special teams would rock!****

Msujd164
01-06-2020, 12:33 PM
So Just the other day everyone was down on Joe Brady because he had not been a head coach. I guess that changes bc Judge went to State?

NCDawg
01-06-2020, 12:35 PM
Wondering about the interviewing process. Is Cohen the only one interviewing the candidates and does Cohen alone have full responsibility for the selection?

PendingTransaction
01-06-2020, 12:36 PM
I believe that if Napier has any interest in the Baylor job, we do not have him in the bag. If I’m the AD at Baylor, I’m fed up with Rhule trying to get to the NFL every year. With Rhule openly seeking several NFL jobs, Baylor is definitely talking to other coaches. It’s widely reported that there is some Baylor/Napier interest. So it stands reason that while Napier may have a sincere desire to be our coach, he is certainly entertaining the Baylor job and would be foolish not to. If he does have preference for one program, the other provides great negotiating leverage. He’s actively weighing his options.

trojandawg
01-06-2020, 12:37 PM
i don't get the Judge love. too much of a risk. see what Cohen did with Baseball. he is going to go with someone a little more solid.

WinningIsRelentless
01-06-2020, 12:39 PM
So Just the other day everyone was down on Joe Brady because he had not been a head coach. I guess that changes bc Judge went to State?

Joe Brady is 30 years old and this is his first year on the field coaching. Let that sink in for a few.

RiverCityDawg
01-06-2020, 12:41 PM

Fair point. The answer is yes, but I think also the goal posts have moved a bit if Napier has turned us down. The other check in the Judge column would be the time with Saban, the big Bellicheck endorsement, and the fact he's at least getting an interview with the NY Giants.

But good point.

gtowndawg
01-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Heck, I want Rhule to stay at Baylor just for the sake of rolling Ole Miss next year.

EdDawg
01-06-2020, 12:42 PM
The longer the search goes the more Judge moves up list. However, I can certainly see how people would not want him because of the lack of experience. To me the advantages are...

1. he would be 100% a head coach. He wouldn't be splitting time between offensive coordinator and head coach.

2. We could bring in good coordinators and if they don't work out then move on. This was the problem with Joe as the offense was always going to be his.

3. Obviously if he does well then the loyalty of being a state grad.

These are just a few of the top of my head, but again there is a big risk.

Quaoarsking
01-06-2020, 12:45 PM
Judge should take a G5 job, and if he's good, we can hire him next time.

smootness
01-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Judge should take a G5 job, and if he's good, we can hire him next time.

A guy being interviewed by NFL teams as a potential HC is not going to take a G5 job.

DogsofAnarchy
01-06-2020, 12:54 PM
A guy being interviewed by NFL teams as a potential HC is not going to take a G5 job.

Hahahaha....why? College coaches make more money. Why do you work?

smootness
01-06-2020, 12:59 PM
Hahahaha....why? College coaches make more money. Why do you work?

Pat Shurmur was making $4 million/year. NFL coordinators, which Judge may be if he just stays in NE, routinely make $1 million or more. Billy Napier, a good G5 coach at a good program, makes under $1 million.