PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight on Napier

SwaggerVance
01-06-2020, 10:58 AM
So this guy has demanded from our people to lie to their fans, pay me ridiculous amounts of money, do exactly as i say or else? Are yall kiddin me? Frick this idiot. This guy thinks hes nick saban or urban meyer. Im amazed at how so many people here have dropped their pants and bent over for this goon. I was on board based on his resum? early, but the more i see from the guy the more I hope he is not our coach. He will come in here acting like we owe him something. Another fat over inflated ego who in my opinion hasnt proven anything yet. He?ll leave first better opportunity that comes along. Give me someone who is honored and blessed to be a headcoach at MSU. Not some entitled deuche.

msstate7
01-06-2020, 11:02 AM
How do you know he did all that?

hacker
01-06-2020, 11:02 AM
Or he said: "Pay me market value and I'd like to coach my bowl game without distractions"

Nice set of emotions you got there.

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 11:04 AM
This is the problem with these unfounded rumors.

State fans will forever form opinions on people that may or may not be true

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 11:04 AM
I think it is more along the lines of "please don't release my name until after my bowl game". Leaks happen so we are trying to counteract them therefore the Rosebowl mouthpiece doing what Cohen wants done. Coaches lie about jobs all the time if they are head coaches and still have games to play. Saban said he would not be Alabama's coach and then 48 hours later was on the podium in Tuscaloosa.

It is more along the lines of Napier laid out what he wants from a program as far as money and staff go. We then negotiated to whatever point it is. Nothing wrong with Napier having a line in the sand over what he wants as far as monetary support. If Moorhead had done it then he might have been more successful (going cheap on S&C might have done him in).

BulldogDX55
01-06-2020, 11:07 AM
So this guy has demanded from our people to lie to their fans, pay me ridiculous amounts of money, do exactly as i say or else? Are yall kiddin me? Frick this idiot. This guy thinks hes nick saban or urban meyer. Im amazed at how so many people here have dropped their pants and bent over for this goon. I was on board based on his resum? early, but the more i see from the guy the more I hope he is not our coach. He will come in here acting like we owe him something. Another fat over inflated ego who in my opinion hasnt proven anything yet. He?ll leave first better opportunity that comes along. Give me someone who is honored and blessed to be a headcoach at MSU. Not some entitled deuche.

Or he said: "Pay me market value and I'd like to coach my bowl game without distractions"

Nice set of emotions you got there.

What hacker said.

How do we always find the worst spin on literally everything.

Look at the positive spin: he finishes what he starts. If he ends up being like Mullen and intends to use us as a stepping stone, at least he won't mentally check out for the Egg and the Bowl game before leaving.

The do as I say bit, if true, means he just likes to have control of of his program. Considering the discipline issues we had under Joe, this is also a good thing.

Calm down dude.

SwaggerVance
01-06-2020, 11:11 AM
“How do you know he said this”....that is the narrative thats being repeated around here...”He’s mad at Steve for saying hes still a candidate.” “He really is our guy but he doesnt want anyone to tell anyone yet.” And Market value? For a coach that ran through a weak conference and lost to Joe Moorehead? The guy has not proven anything as of yet.

StateDawg44
01-06-2020, 11:13 AM

Dude, you are basing this entire post off of nothing official. Just internet BS.

The reason your so up in arms is purely your fault.

Duckdog
01-06-2020, 11:14 AM
Hey Joe, we fired you get the hell out!

gtowndawg
01-06-2020, 11:17 AM
?How do you know he said this?....that is the narrative thats being repeated around here...?He?s mad at Steve for saying hes still a candidate.? ?He really is our guy but he doesnt want anyone to tell anyone yet.? And Market value? For a coach that ran through a weak conference and lost to Joe Moorehead? The guy has not proven anything as of yet.

I will admit we sure are worked up over a coach that couldn't beat Joe Moorhead, at home, with 10 players suspended. Still think he's the best fit for us though unless someone can sell me on another possibility.

Johnson85
01-06-2020, 11:19 AM
I think it is more along the lines of "please don't release my name until after my bowl game". Leaks happen so we are trying to counteract them therefore the Rosebowl mouthpiece doing what Cohen wants done. Coaches lie about jobs all the time if they are head coaches and still have games to play. Saban said he would not be Alabama's coach and then 48 hours later was on the podium in Tuscaloosa.

It is more along the lines of Napier laid out what he wants from a program as far as money and staff go. We then negotiated to whatever point it is. Nothing wrong with Napier having a line in the sand over what he wants as far as monetary support. If Moorhead had done it then he might have been more successful (going cheap on S&C might have done him in).

He didn't necessarily lie. "It's fair to say we've made a decision I'm not a candidate for MSU" could fairly be interpreted as "we have decided that as far as we're concerned, we're not a candidate for the MSU job until the bowl game is over. Once we take care of business, I'll sit down with my agent and consider the offer". Or maybe even, "I'm not a candidate. I'm the next coach and I will announce it Tuesday."

Not saying I think he is the coach. Just sayhing that in addition to what he says now not really meaning alot, his phrasing didn't even shut the door when you consider the situation he is in.

StateDawg44
01-06-2020, 11:22 AM
“How do you know he said this”....that is the narrative thats being repeated around here...”He’s mad at Steve for saying hes still a candidate.” “He really is our guy but he doesnt want anyone to tell anyone yet.” And Market value? For a coach that ran through a weak conference and lost to Joe Moorehead? The guy has not proven anything as of yet.

Here is your problem. You are taking what you read on a message board as fact. Again, that is your fault for being so naive.

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 11:24 AM
He didn't necessarily lie. "It's fair to say we've made a decision I'm not a candidate for MSU" could fairly be interpreted as "we have decided that as far as we're concerned, we're not a candidate for the MSU job until the bowl game is over. Once we take care of business, I'll sit down with my agent and consider the offer". Or maybe even, "I'm not a candidate. I'm the next coach and I will announce it Tuesday."

Not saying I think he is the coach. Just sayhing that in addition to what he says now not really meaning alot, his phrasing didn't even shut the door when you consider the situation he is in.

You definitely are not going to have anyone say "Yes I am considering taking a job that is 3X what I am currently making right before the last game of the year for the best record in school history".

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 11:28 AM

oh my

You do realize none of us actually know if that stuff is true right?

Bubb Rubb
01-06-2020, 11:33 AM
I will admit we sure are worked up over a coach that couldn't beat Joe Moorhead, at home, with 10 players suspended. Still think he's the best fit for us though unless someone can sell me on another possibility.

Are you serious with this? That we only beat ULL by 10 is one of the bullets under "reasons we needed to move on from Moorhead."

Napier's staff coached circles around ours in that game. We just out talented them.

msstatelp1
01-06-2020, 11:37 AM

We were damned lucky to win that game. ULL didn't have our talent level even with the suspensions. I can't tell you how many WTF moments I had while watching it.

Maroonthirteen
01-06-2020, 11:45 AM
Are you serious with this? That we only beat ULL by 10 is one of the bullets under "reasons we needed to move on from Moorhead."

Napier's staff coached circles around ours in that game. We just out talented them.

For real. they came back to within 7 in the 4th quarter. Didnt they fail on a onside kick? Thank goodness. Or we may have had OT with them.

gtowndawg
01-06-2020, 11:52 AM
We were damned lucky to win that game. ULL didn't have our talent level even with the suspensions. I can't tell you how many WTF moments I had while watching it.

That's kind of my point, we were lucky to win. Meaning, he should have won. We had more talent but we had more talent than Louisville as well and they rolled us.

Huntsville Dawg
01-06-2020, 11:53 AM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad. I award you zero points, and may good have mercy on your soul.

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 11:53 AM
For real. they came back to within 7 in the 4th quarter. Didnt they fail on a onside kick? Thank goodness. Or we may have had OT with them.

If Napier had comparable talent for that game ULL would have beat us by two touchdowns.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2020, 11:55 AM
NEVER shape your opinion on information from Rosey.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 11:57 AM

They never learn, like lemmings over a cliff.

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 12:00 PM

He screwed the pooch on Tutorgate.

Anonymous
01-06-2020, 12:00 PM
Bert's scenario is wild but every bit of it makes sense, excluding the 50/50 comment.

It's kind of the only thing that makes sense at this point. If Napier was no longer an option then I think we would probably have a leak and/or soft announcement of another hire by now.

Commercecomet24
01-06-2020, 12:02 PM

Exactly.

Ezsoil
01-06-2020, 12:05 PM

We just fired a guy who was gracious and certainly was happy being the lowest paid coach in the league...he didn't make any of those demands...so maybe we want someone who knows what he wants....

NWADAWG
01-06-2020, 12:18 PM

I assume you've never had a recruiter call you at work. One day when it happens for you, I encourage you to speak openly about being interested in the job they are peddling. Please make sure all around you can hear including your boss.

hacker
01-06-2020, 12:23 PM
I assume you've never had a recruiter call you at work. One day when it happens for you, I encourage you to speak openly about being interested in the job they are peddling. Please make sure all around you can hear including your boss.

Also, tell them you want as little money as possible. Minimum wage. So you don't come off as wanting "ridiculous amounts of money"

defiantdog
01-06-2020, 12:46 PM
I've met Napier a few times..... he's a good guy. I'm not buying this narrative being sold on him. I don't think there's been near as much communication as we are saying.