PDA

View Full Version : If not Napier than who

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 10:34 AM
We will know about Napier in the next day or two if it is him or not. If it isnt then who do you want and who do you think it will be.
Want 1-3+ (that we actually could get)
Will be 1-3+

Want
1. I'm not sure. The only reason that sold me on Napier was probably the list, I assume his agent, posted about all his achievements last month before the egg bowl. It was either that or someone way too obsessed with Napier.

Will be
1 Sark (if he's sober, Cohen and Keenum would love this and we'd probably never sell acohol at the games/ at least for a while)
2 Hudspeth, I think he could be just as much of a smoke screen as Napier. Cohen said that he wants things close this time
3 I think that it could be someone much like the baseball hire, an average HC with potential in a power 5 conference, much liks Clawson.
4 Go after a current HC in the group of 5 like Bryan Harsin, Luke Fickell, Troy Calhoun, Blake Anderson

Not
Not judge, I think Cohen sees it as being too risky this time considering it's right after a failed risk, look at the baseball hire

I think that there is still a lot of good coaches to choose from. Those that are freaking out if we don't get Napier should calm down. All those above may not have their names in the hat right now but that might be because they haven't really thought about it and we just need to reach out/

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 10:46 AM
Regarding Sark. I am a recovering alcoholic. Sober since Jan 2001.

I don't see where having him as a coach should have any bearing on selling alcohol. From someone in recovery I can say most people have to learn to live around it.

Not to mention someone would probably see him if he left the sidelines and went to the concessions stand during the game.

I couldn't imagine him asking or wanting us not to sell alcohol because of his issues.

ETA
lol at me. Actually it's Jan 2011.

I miss typed. I don't want to take credit for years I haven't earned yet

TrapGame
01-06-2020, 10:48 AM
If we don't land Napier I think we are down to #1 Sark or #2 Chizik. Joe Judge has no head coaching experience on the college level. Cohen's not taking that chance again.

hacker
01-06-2020, 10:49 AM

I don't see where having him as a coach should have any bearing on selling alcohol. From someone in recovery I can say most people have to learn to live around it.

Not to mention someone would probably see him if he left the sidelines and went to the concessions stand during the game.

I couldn't imagine him asking or wanting us not to sell alcohol because of his issues.

Almost 20 years, congrats. I'm working on my 3rd year.

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 10:53 AM
I want Knute Rockney damnit. Bring back the single wing!

msstate7
01-06-2020, 10:56 AM

Congrats

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the congrars. But lol at me. Actually it's Jan 2011.

I miss typed. I don't want to take credit for years I haven't earned yet :)

Almost 20 years, congrats. I'm working on my 3rd year.

Awesome.

One day at a time.

msstate7
01-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the congrars. But lol at me. Actually it's Jan 2011.

I miss typed. I don't want to take credit for years I haven't earned yet :)

Awesome.

One day at a time.

I take it back! Lol

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 11:08 AM

ETA

Good for you, got a family member fighting the same fight, congratulations to you for that long.

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 02:32 PM

ETA

I meant no disrespect. Just that he wouldn't be advocating for alcohol sells as it seems Cohen and Keenum aren't either. You're right, he probably wouldn't care though. I was trying to get across that Cohen and Keenum might respect him more for becoming sober and see that as a plus rather than seeing his past as a negative.
Also congratulations on yourself. I can't imagine how hard that was.

bulldawg28
01-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Sark!