PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl Say

mstatefan91
01-05-2020, 11:49 PM
Time to move on from Napier. Probably not the guy. He's looking to Baylor.

Irondawg
01-05-2020, 11:51 PM
which may or may not even come open - that would be a heck of a risk by him

runwildjerious
01-05-2020, 11:51 PM
But Bert say we good.

I have to believe Bert because this would just be too amazing. Dude has called his shot and not backed down one bit. If I’m being trolled the so be it �� .

mstatefan91
01-05-2020, 11:54 PM
which may or may not even come open - that would be a heck of a risk by him
Rhule is a favorite to take the Giants job by many. We shall see.

Irondawg
01-05-2020, 11:58 PM
Even if Rhule gets the Giants job I wouldn't call Napier a shoe-in for Baylor's job

NCDawg
01-05-2020, 11:58 PM
Time to move on from Napier. Probably not the guy. He's looking to Baylor.

Yeah, when a guy says he's not a candidate for the head coaching job at MS State, I would say the odds of hiring him aren't very good.

Bubb Rubb
01-06-2020, 12:10 AM
Even if Rhule gets the Giants job I wouldn't call Napier a shoe-in for Baylor's job

He definitely wouldn't be the favorite, at least initially.

HancockCountyDog
01-06-2020, 12:16 AM
First time I’ve actually started to think he may not get the job.

If Rosey is trying to get it out that Napier isn’t the guy, he is being told to do that by MSU people so that people won’t be disappointed.

hacker
01-06-2020, 12:19 AM
First time I’ve actually started to think he may not get the job.

If Rosey is trying to get it out that Napier isn’t the guy, he is being told to do that by MSU people so that people won’t be disappointed.

Yeah, I agree. It's strange that 3 hours ago he said "Napier is still a viable candidate."

bobcat91
01-06-2020, 12:30 AM
Both Steve and Paul say Napier is not going to be the new coach.

Irondawg
01-06-2020, 12:37 AM
Be interesting to see if that sticks and if he stays another year at ULL what happens - does the star continue to rise or does he become the next Skip Holtz?

deadheaddawg
01-06-2020, 12:38 AM
Both Steve and Paul say Napier is not going to be the new coach.

Steve, Paul, and Bert Starre walk into a bar called Elite Dawgs.

Steve and Paul go home alone

yjnkdawg
01-06-2020, 12:53 AM

Nope! I think you call it given an interview opportunity if a vacancy does occur.

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 07:46 AM
Guys, they are not going to direct you to the guy that we have agreed to hire until JC says it's ok to do so. If it is Napier, Rosey is going to move attention away from him until after the bowl game. They are in the most serious stages of smokescreen material if it is Napier. And Matt Wyatt is saying/doing the same thing. Both on a Sunday night. Somebody is telling them too.

OLJWales
01-06-2020, 08:56 AM
If we get Napier, the storyline will be that he finally got the money he was demanding for assistants.

Cowbell
01-06-2020, 09:11 AM
If we get Napier, the storyline will be that he finally got the money he was demanding for assistants.

And his kids are fans of the muppets

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 09:11 AM

Yep, there will be some reason that we "changed his mind". That way it will not look like he was leaving until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Until Rosebowl lays his nuts on the table like Bert did, I am going to lean towards Bert telling the truth. I don't read or listen to what Rosebowl says but I imagine it is some vague stuff like "interviews still happening" yada yada. Bert at least brought out facts and laid them out.

The fact is if Cohen didn't have a candidate mostly lined up before firing Moorhead then he did it wrong.

Joebob
01-06-2020, 09:30 AM
The fact is if Cohen didn't have a candidate mostly lined up before firing Moorhead then he did it wrong.

On the other hand, the Dallas media is criticizing Jerry Jones for not firing Garrett first, before starting the interview process for a new coach. There's probably just no easy way to do this kind of thing.

Bubb Rubb
01-06-2020, 09:32 AM
Until Rosebowl lays his nuts on the table like Bert did, I am going to lean towards Bert telling the truth. I don't read or listen to what Rosebowl says but I imagine it is some vague stuff like "interviews still happening" yada yada. Bert at least brought out facts and laid them out.

He did. He said "the ship has sailed" on Napier.

Jack Lambert
01-06-2020, 09:38 AM
To be honest if the guy really wants to be somewhere else and he coming here because he can't get there this year I don't want him.

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 09:57 AM
He did. He said "the ship has sailed" on Napier.

I just personally don't trust him. I guess we will find out if Bert is correct sometime tomorrow.

TheLostDawg
01-06-2020, 10:03 AM
To be honest if the guy really wants to be somewhere else and he coming here because he can't get there this year I don't want him.

Agree. That creates Mullen 2.0

Coursesuper
01-06-2020, 10:06 AM
I have to ask, do you believe what Rosey and Co. put out to the bulldog nation? If so why?

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Agree. That creates Mullen 2.0

I think at this point it would take Napier having multiple 10 win seasons for a blue blood to take him from us. We have proven that we will pay enough to prevent the coach from just being poached by anyone but a blue blood. Mullen was making around a top 10-15 salary for top 25 type results. If Napier jumps in 3-4 years then maybe Judge is ready at that time.

msbulldog
01-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Hey if Napier can win multiple 10 win seasons, we're probably gonna be in Atlanta and may be better. It will make getting the next coach a helluva lot easier. I'm game.