PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl after dark just said...

maroonmania
01-05-2020, 09:17 PM
"Napier is still a viable candidate". Just sayin'

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 09:22 PM
That's encouraging

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 09:23 PM
I'll be ready for all of this to be over

maroonmania
01-05-2020, 09:26 PM
All I know is that if Cohen wanted to prepare us for Napier NOT being the coach Rosie wouldn't be saying that. I take that to mean that Napier has at the very least not told us no at this time.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Good news

hacker
01-05-2020, 09:27 PM
All I know is that if Cohen wanted to prepare us for Napier NOT being the coach Rosie wouldn't be saying that. I take that to mean that Napier has at the very least not told us no at this time.

Yeah, you gotta read between the lines. If the tune starts changing after the ULL game tomorrow, then we can melt.

Bert Stare
01-05-2020, 09:30 PM
"Napier is still a viable candidate". Just sayin'

🤐

gtowndawg
01-05-2020, 09:30 PM
The legend of Bert grows....

msstate7
01-05-2020, 09:33 PM
🤐

I want Napier to be hired bc I like him, but I want him very bad just so your legend is set in concrete

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 09:34 PM
🤐

Bert I like your reasons - why is rosey saying this now

Mobile Bay
01-05-2020, 09:34 PM
��

What does that even mean?

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 09:35 PM
I want Napier to be hired bc I like him, but I want him very bad just so your legend is set in concrete

I agree. I'm hoping.

bobcat91
01-05-2020, 09:36 PM
Bert Stare is Billy Napier

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 09:36 PM
I'll gladly give up my limited v-cash to Bert if he's right. actually, I think he should be give a ton from ED if Napier's named Tuesday.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 09:37 PM

you should go home and stay gone for a while. would do you good.

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 09:37 PM
As I said before ... everything except from JC himself is grain of salt. Unless it comes from Bert Stare.

defiantdog
01-05-2020, 09:39 PM
This search by Cohen and the deflection by these beat writers seems like a giant ruse. I have a strange feeling that the story is already written and this simply a waiting game. They've had every opportunity to write off Napier..... but no one will for some reason.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 09:39 PM

Exactly. Remember the post Music City Bowl Boneyard Meltdown episode?

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 09:41 PM

I want to believe that Sark and Grantham's interviews were so that Cohen can know how much to offer them to be our coordinators but no way that happens.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2020, 09:42 PM

This^^

I also want the joy of watching Neal get dragged on twitter, lol.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2020, 09:43 PM
This search by Cohen and the deflection by these beat writers seems like a giant ruse. I have a strange feeling that the story is already written and this simply a waiting game. They've had every opportunity to write off Napier..... but no one will for some reason.

There's a song you need to learn by heart. It goes like this:

Sunny day
Sweeping the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to sesame street

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2020, 09:44 PM
Napier will interview with Baylor if Rhule gets NFL job.

Judge will interview with the Giants.

bobcat91
you should go home and stay gone for a while. would do you good.

Internet badass here. Go screw yourself. Dont have to agree with everyone but doesnt make me not want the best for us

MarketingBully
I like Napier too but people shouldn’t act like our coaching search is a failure if we don’t get him. If he’s a big enough idiot to not quadruple his salary that’s on him. Also, he’s not going to get a big time P5 gig coming from UL I hate to tell him. If he wants the Alabama gig in a few years he’s going to have to make a jump to an MSU to cut his teeth. Baylor isn’t interested and last I checked they have a coach. That OM agent just might not have Napier’s best interests at heart. Also IMO Judge looks more and more intriguing to me as I look over who he may bring. Lupoi as DC and Hall as OC as his coordinators add to that Feld as S&C and you know our ST would be bad ass with Judge. Seems we could be extremely successful with Judge.

BrunswickDawg
01-05-2020, 09:47 PM
There's a song you need to learn by heart. It goes like this:

Sunny day
Sweeping the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get
How to get to sesame street

That's top shelf Beardo. Well done.

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Napier will interview with Baylor if Rhule gets NFL job.

Judge will interview with the Giants.

The Baylor talk is posturing by Napier’s agent. It’s not interest from Baylor.

bulldogcountry1
01-05-2020, 09:51 PM
Coaching search where the rumored leading candidate is playing an inconsequential bowl game on January 6th. Could this be any more Mississippi State?

Rex54
01-05-2020, 09:52 PM
I want to believe that Sark and Grantham's interviews were so that Cohen can know how much to offer them to be our coordinators but no way that happens.

You only get one shot to watch you kid play college ball - when you've got the money he's already banked, why wouldn't you come be a DC for ~1.5 Million for 4 years? Hell once we go to back to back NY6 games in 2022-23 Alabama is going to take Iron Bill and we can let Uncle Todd take over then.

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 09:55 PM
He also said ?No matter what ANYONE says , there is no deal in place?

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 09:59 PM

^^^^^^

msstate7
01-05-2020, 10:09 PM

Haha, funny how that detail got left out

maroonmania
01-05-2020, 10:14 PM

Even if there was a deal in place Rosie would 100% say there was not. Rosebowl is pretty much Cohen's mouthpiece on issues like this. There may or may not be a deal, but either way Steve would say there is not until MSU is ready to make an announcement. Come on people, use your noggin on this stuff.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2020, 10:15 PM
The Baylor talk is posturing by Napier’s agent. It’s not interest from Baylor.

Steve said Baylor promised Napier an interview

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 10:18 PM
This^^

I also want the joy of watching Neal get dragged on twitter, lol.

Neal "Pro Tip" McCready

CadaverDawg
01-05-2020, 10:21 PM

I don't believe Steve would know this, so I'm calling BS on that. Bert, you're close to the Louisiana side, correct? What you hearing about the unopen Baylor job?

Seems smokescreenish to see how many times a job that isn't even open yet is supposedly affecting our hiring of Napier.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 10:21 PM
You only get one shot to watch you kid play college ball - when you've got the money he's already banked, why wouldn't you come be a DC for ~1.5 Million for 4 years? Hell once we go to back to back NY6 games in 2022-23 Alabama is going to take Iron Bill and we can let Uncle Todd take over then.

I get your point but Grantham currently makes 1.8 million. Most people don't take paycuts unless they absolutely have to- and Grantham doesn't HAVE to.

bulldogcountry1
01-05-2020, 10:22 PM
I don’t understand why everyone assumes Napier is going to Baylor, should the Baylor job come open.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 10:23 PM
I don't believe Steve would know this, so I'm calling BS on that. Bert, you're close to the Louisiana side, correct? What you hearing about the unopen Baylor job?

Seems smokescreenish to see how many times a job that isn't even open yet is supposedly affecting our hiring of Napier.

Per this Rhule is interviewing with the Panthers on Monday and Giants on Tuesday.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/01/giants-coaching-search-day-6-matt-rhule-interview-set-what-patriots-loss-means-for-josh-mcdaniels-latest-updates-news-rumors.html

hacker
01-05-2020, 10:26 PM
FWIW, Matt Wyatt didn't have Napier on his list of candidates. He did have Luke Fickell, insinuating that he's being interviewed.

His list of candidates:

Sark
Judge
Chizik
Calhoun
Monken
Grantham
Fickell

Mentioned Clawson, but said he heard about him right as he was getting ready to start the podcast so he didn't go into detail.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 10:27 PM

Grantham wanted the HC position after Mullen left. He wants the HC position now. He is not going to leave FL to come back here as a DC.

Homedawg

Because he can come watch him living anywhere in the country. He can stay in Gainesville, make more money and have a better chance to win big. And finally, his son is not a scholarship guy, doesn't mean he won't ever be or won't ever play. But, there's just as good a chance he leaves in two years. TG likes it here, would come back.... to be head coach. That's it.

msstate7
FWIW, Matt Wyatt didn't have Napier on his list of candidates. He did have Luke Fickell, insinuating that he's being interviewed.

What is the list?

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 10:28 PM

It's a leverage thing. The perfect thing an agent would say to a media guy to get the word out that his guy has options and we need to pony up.

hacker
01-05-2020, 10:31 PM
What is the list?

Just edited my post to add it

defiantdog
01-05-2020, 10:35 PM
Promised an interview for a job that isn't open. My god the deflection here.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-05-2020, 10:37 PM

His list of candidates:

Sark
Judge
Chizik
Calhoun
Monken
Grantham
Fickell

Mentioned Clawson, but said he heard about him right as he was getting ready to start the podcast so he didn't go into detail.

How did he insinuate he was being interviewed? I didn?t get that by listening

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Promised an interview for a job that isn't open. My god the deflection here.

That should have been "promised an interview should Rhule take an NFL job", which is what he said

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 10:43 PM
According to something I found on the Internet- Rhule was only paid 1.04 million by Baylor in 2017. He has gotten extended and some raises since then- and I've been unable to find the exact dollar amount. I doubt it's 4.1 million or whatever we are going to offer Napier though. Also- I found out that at least as of September Baylor still hasn't found out what their penalties are going to be from the Art Briles scandal. I'm assuming that they are about to go on probation?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27732869/baylor-coach-matt-rhule-agree-extension-2027-season

hacker
01-05-2020, 10:43 PM
How did he insinuate he was being interviewed? I didn?t get that by listening

Well, we know that all the other candidates on the list are getting interviews or have interviewed. And before he intro'd Fickell he said something about making phone calls, like someone gave him Fickell's name.

I could be wrong, but that's what I got out of it.

Homedawg
01-05-2020, 10:47 PM
According to something I found on the Internet- Rhule was only paid 1.04 million by Baylor in 2017. He has gotten extended and some raises since then- and I've been unable to find the exact dollar amount. I doubt it's 4.1 million or whatever we are going to offer Napier though. Also- I found out that at least as of September Baylor still hasn't found out what their penalties are going to be from the Art Briles scandal. I'm assuming that they are about to go on probation?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27732869/baylor-coach-matt-rhule-agree-extension-2027-season
He's making 4.1 not counting bonus
Another place says 4.25. Either way...

Joebob
01-05-2020, 10:50 PM
I'll be ready for all of this to be over

Truth

Joebob
01-05-2020, 10:56 PM
🤐

Ha! But hey, stranger things have happened.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 11:10 PM

Or John Cohen trolling us big time in return for the egg bowl news breaking here.