PDA

View Full Version : Hud and Judge are 2A and 2B for me

Rex54
01-05-2020, 03:01 PM
I'd rather have one of them over Fritz, Clark, Calhoun, Grantham, and for the love of God, Gene Chizik.

Homedawg
01-05-2020, 03:04 PM
It won't be hud that's for sure.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 03:06 PM
I've got as good of a chance as Hud. He is not even getting an interview

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 03:07 PM
It won't be hud that's for sure.

Scream it from the mountaintops!!!

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Rosie say His sent group message to his staff saying get ready to win their conference again. He said he not a candidate for the job.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 03:08 PM
I think at this point, it's Judge or the two armed forces coaches. Monken or Calhoun would bring toughness and discipline, but neither have coached in the SEC. Judge really hasn't either (few years as a ST asst at Bama), but he really wants to be here so that's going for him.

As frustrating as this coaching search is, at least Joe Moorhead isn't our coach. I think we need to remind ourselves of that.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 03:08 PM

This. Hud is not a candidate.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Hud is not a candidate, will not get an interview, most likely never got one unless things change and cleans up some issues, and has told his coaches he is not a candidate or getting an interview. The Hud Love needs to die

AROB44
01-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Judge's resume' almost mirrors PJ Fleck.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Judge's resume' almost mirrors PJ Fleck.

Except Fleck was a successful G5 coach before jumping to P5

MedDawg
01-05-2020, 03:23 PM
I'd rather have one of them over Fritz, Clark, Calhoun, Grantham, and for the love of God, Gene Chizik.

Same for me.

AROB44
01-05-2020, 03:26 PM
Except Fleck was a successful G5 coach before jumping to P5

I did say almost....

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 03:27 PM

why?

msstate7
01-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Rosie say His sent group message to his staff saying get ready to win their conference again. He said he not a candidate for the job.

Who you talking about?

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Hud musta done something powerful wrong in the past. something so damned bad those "in the know" won't even spill it. must be bad. REAL bad.

Lord McBuckethead
01-05-2020, 04:03 PM
This. Hud is not a candidate.

Well, thst is retarded.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Well, thst is retarded.

Na. He has things to clear up before he could be a candidate for us and has to work back up before he gets a bigger chance. And the blame is not with the university

Rex54
01-05-2020, 04:23 PM
Na. He has things to clear up before he could be a candidate for us and has to work back up before he gets a bigger chance. And the blame is not with the university

Whatever. Wish we had norvell but he had "muh baggage" too and now he's heading up a top 10 job

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2020, 04:53 PM
So our candidates are two service academy coaches who have never recruited or coached in the South or Joe Judge who has never been a HC anywhere.......good job Cohen.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Whatever. Wish we had norvell but he had "muh baggage" too and now he's heading up a top 10 job

You realize Norvell had no interest in our job last time nor this time right? And the real "baggage" is who his agent is.

ScoobaDawg
01-05-2020, 05:10 PM

Where..I'm not seeing that anywhere...

msstate7
01-05-2020, 05:10 PM
You realize Norvell had no interest in our job last time nor this time right?

Napier might have taken notice of how norvell got that job

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 05:18 PM

He did. I read it. Last line of a message he updated on what he was hearing this afternoon.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 05:18 PM
So our candidates are two service academy coaches who have never recruited or coached in the South or Joe Judge who has never been a HC anywhere.......good job Cohen.

I know many will disagree but Troy Calhoun is a really good coach. Has interviewed for multiple P5 jobs and for the Broncos job in 2010. Can run multiple offenses...would probably run a type of run spread like he and Grobe did and he uses at Air Force. And while it?s not this part of the south, Wake is considered in the south. Fit and how he will do in our region is legitimate questions though.

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 05:22 PM

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/what-were-hearing-152020-afternoon-edition--141688835/?page=1

His original post ... next to last sentence.

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Napier might have taken notice of how norvell got that job

Or he may have looked at the expectations of how quickly you can lose your job at one of the toughest places to win in the toughest division in the toughest conference.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Or he may have looked at the expectations of how quickly you can lose your job at one of the toughest places to win in the toughest division in the toughest conference.

Fair enough.

ScoobaDawg
01-05-2020, 05:27 PM
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/board/59413/Contents/what-were-hearing-152020-afternoon-edition--141688835/?page=1

His original post ... next to last sentence.

Helps if you clarify who said it... Hud did. Not Napier

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 05:30 PM

Please elaborate on those expectations?

Any coach with half a brain can see that this firing was not about wins and losses. It was about basic sports program expectations to hold players accountable, have them ready to play, and halfway look like you spent at least 36 minutes of game prep each week.

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Please elaborate on those expectations?

Any coach with half a brain can see that this firing was not about wins and losses. It was about basic sports program expectations to hold players accountable, have them ready to play, and halfway look like you spent at least 36 minutes of game prep each week.

Anybody with eyes know MSU (and Ole Miss for that matter) are situated in a very difficult situation right next to each other and very close to the most dominant program in the country and up the road from the newest dominant program in the country.

But if you dont perform better than what MSU did these last two seasons, you will be on the chopping block. Plain and simple.

You can slice this up any way you want. But coaches who are looking for a good home and paid well want it to last want job security which we just proved we cannot reasonably provide unless you have the success of mullen or better.

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Helps if you clarify who said it... Hud did. Not Napier

Rosie didn't say other than he had learned that Hud sent the group text. So ... I dunno how Rosie "learned" that.

Madisonmd
01-05-2020, 06:03 PM
I am not sure Hud is being interviewed? Interesting....

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 06:05 PM
I am not sure Hud is being interviewed? Interesting....

Be very sure. He is not and will not be interviewed.

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 06:13 PM
Anybody with eyes know MSU (and Ole Miss for that matter) are situated in a very difficult situation right next to each other and very close to the most dominant program in the country and up the road from the newest dominant program in the country.

But if you dont perform better than what MSU did these last two seasons, you will be on the chopping block. Plain and simple.

You can slice this up any way you want. But coaches who are looking for a good home and paid well want it to last want job security which we just proved we cannot reasonably provide unless you have the success of mullen or better.

This has nothing to do with being compared to Mullen or wins/losses.

This was about utter ineptness and fielding a bunch of people in uniforms who more resembled a circus, than a football team. Add in tutorgate and the other items that highlighted the lack of awareness and control Sloppy Joe had.

It really is that simple because your argument is disproven by actual wins and losses. By your theory to be true, we would have canned SloMo after two losing seasons and no bowl games, but the culture and discipline problems were not there. Joes first season had as many wins as all but what, 2 or 3 of dans seasons? So he performed as good as or better than 67% of Dans seasons.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 06:23 PM

Gotta call BS on this whole post except for the Ole Miss part. We are incredibly patient with coaches. Joe would have been back if he could have gotten his team ready for 1 game.

DLGDawg
01-05-2020, 06:24 PM

Grave, IMO, any coach that has interest in our job would do their research as to why we fired someone after 2 years. After they complete this research, the potential coach will wonder why we gave Moorhead a second year.