PDA

View Full Version : The kink in all this two-fold....

Coach34
01-05-2020, 02:23 PM
1. ULL still playing. Napier is playing a resume' game to set the school record for wins in a season at ULL. That looks great on your resume when your agent is talking to AD's. He is focused on task and trying to keep the distractions at a minimum. What is he supposed to say? "Hayyyyle yeah I'm not a candidate- I'm the LEAD CANDIDATE for that job. I really want that mf'er. I'm bout to get paid Bitch!!!!!! My team understands and it wont affect their play at all. They want me to get those Benjamins!!!!

He is in a no win situation with his response

2. Baylor's AD is now talking to agents all over because Rhule is interviewing with NFL teams this week. You can bet Nap's agent has talked to Baylor. Easier to win at Baylor than State. If he is in the mix- it is what it is.

We may have the guy and agreed to a deal- but with nothing signed- this is why we are continuing to interview people. And people are staying tight-lipped still this time around

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 02:27 PM
These next two days are going to 17n drag by

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 02:29 PM
I’m intrigued by Joe Judge. He’s going to bring Aaron Feld as his head S&C coach guaranteed. He’s an alum and I’d be willing to give him a chance. He’s going to bring an outstanding staff to support him.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Yeah, gotta have a contingency plan in case Napier plays hard ball or turns us down. I love Napier's resume, but he still is a guy who only has 2 years of head coaching experience.

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 02:30 PM
These next two days are going to 17n drag by

Well considering about 30-40 of your posts have been about Napier saying he’s not interested in the job I’d say you’re a pessimist...

Coach34
01-05-2020, 02:32 PM
He’s going to bring Aaron Feld as his head S&C coach guaranteed.

Feld has a contract no matter who the HC is. Has nothing to do with Judge

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Yeah, gotta have a contingency plan in case Napier plays hard ball or turns us down. I love Napier's resume, but he still is a guy who only has 2 years of head coaching experience.

Wonder how much his agent is poisoning this for him since said agent is an OM grad. First thing Napier should do is drop that ass. People very close to Napier are telling him to take the job.

Dawgface
01-05-2020, 02:33 PM
The only reason Napier wouldn't come here is the Baylor job. I can certainly understand his interest in Baylor as it is the easier path to success. I can't see us waiting past Tuesday Morning for a final answer from him tho.

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Feld has a contract no matter who the HC is. Has nothing to do with Judge

Feld and Judge are extremely close and he is one of the ones Judge will bring with him if he gets the job.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 02:34 PM
I’m intrigued by Joe Judge. He’s going to bring Aaron Feld as his head S&C coach guaranteed. He’s an alum and I’d be willing to give him a chance. He’s going to bring an outstanding staff to support him.

The more it looks like Napier isn't coming here, the more I'm warming up to Joe Judge. He's not my favorite, and maybe not my second favorite, but he's up there now.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Feld and Judge are extremely close and he is one of the ones Judge will bring with him if he gets the job.

Feld has been offered the SC job already. Judge has not been offered the HC job. Feld- should he accept- will be the guy regardless of who we hire.

MarketingBully
The only reason Napier wouldn't come here is the Baylor job. I can certainly understand his interest in Baylor as it is the easier path to success. I can't see us waiting past Tuesday Morning for a final answer from him tho.

Baylor isn’t interested in him. That’s Napier’s agent. Ole Miss doesn’t want Napier at State.

HoopsDawg

We are an incredible job. Moorhead would still be employed if Gay and Shrader didn't get into a fight. That's hard to imagine.

We are happy with 6-8 wins with the occasional run to 9 or 10. That's all you have to do as long as you look competent in losses. And it's not that hard with 4 non conference games + UK/OM/Arky on the schedule every year.

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 02:36 PM
Feld has been offered the SC job already. Judge has not been offered the HC job. Feld- should he accept- will be the guy regardless of who we hire.

Got it and thank goodness! Well he will definitely accept with Joe Judge at the helm.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 02:37 PM

Well that's interesting

Bert Stare
01-05-2020, 02:37 PM
1. ULL still playing. Napier is playing a resume' game to set the school record for wins in a season at ULL. That looks great on your resume when your agent is talking to AD's. He is focused on task and trying to keep the distractions at a minimum. What is he supposed to say? "Hayyyyle yeah I'm not a candidate- I'm the LEAD CANDIDATE for that job. I really want that mf'er. I'm bout to get paid Bitch!!!!!! My team understands and it wont affect their play at all. They want me to get those Benjamins!!!!

He is in a no win situation with his response

2. Baylor's AD is now talking to agents all over because Rhule is interviewing with NFL teams this week. You can bet Nap's agent has talked to Baylor. Easier to win at Baylor than State. If he is in the mix- it is what it is.

We may have the guy and agreed to a deal- but with nothing signed- this is why we are continuing to interview people. And people are staying tight-lipped still this time around

I am going to have crow casserole ready for everyone Tuesday. Napier IS the next coach. Coach34's point #1 needs to be studied.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 02:38 PM

Um are you sure? I would think the HC would deserve to make this call.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 02:39 PM
I know everyone talking about Baylor. But if Dan Mullen goes to Dallas, that would really get this whole carousel started again. And that would be a good fit for him.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 02:40 PM

There are some things a school can pull off and know more about than an incoming HC. Bringing an alum back or suggesting to an incoming coach to bring a damn good alum back is one of those things.

Find me an S&C coach that checks more boxes than Feld that Napier could bring in.

If I'm Napier and a school says I have to hire an alum that's the head S&C coach at a team that just won the Rose Bowl, I probably shut my damn mouth and say sweet Jesus thank you absolutely no problem.

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 02:42 PM
I am going to have crow casserole ready for everyone Tuesday. Napier IS the next coach. Coach34's point #1 neads to be studied.

If we get Napier, I'm happy because he's the best option for us out there.

If we dont get Napier, what you have done to this board is so educational, I'll be your biggest fan ever.

Either way, thank you.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Considering Feld's rep- it's not a problem.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 02:44 PM
I am going to have crow casserole ready for everyone Tuesday. Napier IS the next coach. Coach34's point #1 neads to be studied.

I'll be the first one lined up to partake, but I'm about 100% certain I won't have to at this point, so I'm not particularly worried about it.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Considering Feld's rep- it's not a problem.

I just think it sounds like we do have a HC in waiting that has approved this

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 02:45 PM

IF true, more evidence that the hire is not Napier. Napier has a bad-ass S&C coach at ULL that he would bring with him.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Can someone who knows more than me explain why the NYG are interviewing Judge?

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 02:52 PM
Wonder how much his agent is poisoning this for him since said agent is an OM grad. First thing Napier should do is drop that ass. People very close to Napier are telling him to take the job.

That has nothing to do with it. Any agent wants to find ways to make their coaching candidate more valuable. The higher the contract amount is the more money they make. Pretty simple.

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 02:57 PM
Can someone who knows more than me explain why the NYG are interviewing Judge?

I believe Bill Bellicheck is backing him for the position.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 03:11 PM
I believe Bill Bellicheck is backing him for the position.

I think he has little chance but damn, they want to interview him. If I were Cohen, I'd wanna here what the man has to say. I just wanna get the best guy who wants the job and is willing to work his ass off for the top dollar being paid. The deal is that it's no democracy. You have to go with gut instincts despite what the media and message boards say.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 03:14 PM
Judge is interviewing today or tomorrow

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 03:17 PM

Coach, who is your 2nd choice behind Napier?

Coach34
01-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Coach, who is your 2nd choice behind Napier?

Honestly- I'd strongly consider Judge because of his State ties and he has worked for the best college football coach and the best NFL coach. Would have to see what his plan is coming in for the program. He is a southern boy- so that covers my prerequisite about having ties to the South. Monken and Calhoun are good coaches- and they could be really good fits in that they are used to having inferior talent but still win. They would also likely not run straight flexbone type offenses- Calhoun already adapts to Spread principles at AF.

No way in hell I hire Chiz, Sark (good buddies with Kiffin), or Grantham....altho I love Grantham as a DC.

dantheman4248
01-05-2020, 03:41 PM
I am going to have crow casserole ready for everyone Tuesday. Napier IS the next coach. Coach34's point #1 needs to be studied.

Not me bud. I'm not 100% sold on Billy Naps, but I am 100% sold on the fact he's the next Coach. #TeamBert.

I'll set up some chafing dishes to help you serve.

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 03:41 PM
I seriously hope your right.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 03:43 PM
Honestly- I'd strongly consider Judge because of his State ties and he has worked for the best college football coach and the best NFL coach. Would have to see what his plan is coming in for the program. He is a southern boy- so that covers my prerequisite about having ties to the South. Monken and Calhoun are good coaches- and they could be really good fits in that they are used to having inferior talent but still win. They would also likely not run straight flexbone type offenses- Calhoun already adapts to Spread principles at AF.

No way in hell I hire Chiz, Sark (good buddies with Kiffin), or Grantham....altho I love Grantham as a DC.

Sounds good. Napier, Judge or Calhoun. I'm good with any of these.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 03:45 PM
If it's judge, I just want 3 things: Tony Hughes retained, an experienced college OC, and an experienced college DC

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 03:45 PM

I agree but I don't think we can consider Judge a "southern boy" since he was born and raised up north and for whatever reason (would love to know why) ended up at MSU. All I know is that he played here, got his education here and he's now going to be interviewing for an NFL job. We would not only LOOK stupid but would BE stupid not to fly his ass down here for a sit down.

Tough Dawg
01-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Judge is from the Northeast. Born in PA. Went to high school there. I wouldn’t classify him as a “southern boy”.

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 03:51 PM
Judge is from the Northeast. Born in PA. Went to high school there. I wouldn?t classify him as a ?southern boy?.

Maybe not "Southern Boy" but he spent 6 years at State, one at Birmingham Southern, then 2 at Alabama. Has a State diploma and his wife is a Bulldog too. Point is, there's no culture shock or question over what the people and more importantly the recruits/players would be like down here.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2020, 03:52 PM
Baylor isn?t interested in him. That?s Napier?s agent. Ole Miss doesn?t want Napier at State.

So his agent is more willing to please Ole Miss people then to make his commissions on 4 million a year? If so they really do graduate stupid up there.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 03:56 PM
Judge is from the Northeast. Born in PA. Went to high school there. I wouldn’t classify him as a “southern boy”.

Watch a video of him talking. He's got a little bit of a southern accent. Certainly not Moorhead or Mullen

Coach34
01-05-2020, 03:58 PM

He played at State and then then was grad asst for a couple years
Then coached at Birmingham Southern
Then coached at Bama.

He was in the South for 10 straight years- so having the Southern ties part is covered

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 04:03 PM
He played at State and then then was grad asst for a couple years
Then coached at Birmingham Southern
Then coached at Bama.

He was in the South for 10 straight years- so having the Southern ties part is covered

thanks coach. Would still be interested to know what propelled him from Philly to Vegas.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 04:05 PM

I agree. Except for Monken. I can't see him not running the flexbone/triple option. I believe he is related to Todd Monken in some way or the other- if he brings him in as OC I would believe he would hand it over to him.

Cohen isn't going to take a chance on Sark after Cann.

Chizik needs to go somewhere like Troy or South Alabama and prove that he can win like Skip Holtz has done. His career rehab doesn't need to be our problem. And he's "an Auburn guy forever". Reminds me of Croom being an Alabama guy.

Judge would have some learning moments as a head coach but I think he would be a CEO type and would be invested in being here. I'd risk it with him if we can't get Napier given the other apparent options.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 04:09 PM
I would not be disappointed with Judge, the S&C MSU guy at OR along with some well paid top notch coordinators. Sounds pretty good to my no football education ass.

And yes Todd, good point, cheese dick needs to prove something at a lower level before he becomes a serious contender again. I'm still trying to figure out how you have back to back shitty seasons at AU. You gotta try real hard to 17 up on The Plains.

Thick
01-05-2020, 04:11 PM

Yes Coach34 is correct. Take a step farther, Feld reached out to us. He wanted to come home, but wanted his contract separate from the HC, no strings.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Yes Coach34 is correct. Take a step farther, Feld reached out to us. He wanted to come home, but wanted his contract separate from the HC, no strings.

Judge with Will Hall as OC, Tony Hughes for recruiting, Feld as S&C coach, McIntyre as DC and we are on our way.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 04:13 PM

Thanks. But I think this is a bad way to handle it and would show me that Cohen might try to micromanage my program as a HC

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 04:16 PM
Thanks. But I think this is a bad way to handle it and would show me that Cohen might try to micromanage my program as a HC

And IF this is true, it may well be what cost us Napier.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 04:18 PM

Feld has such a reputation that no coach is going to have a problem with him being on staff.

redstickdawg
01-05-2020, 04:18 PM

This is how LSU has done it with Tommy Moffitt who has been there for about 15 years, started under Saban, stayed under Miles and basically has lifetime contract.

Rex54
01-05-2020, 04:21 PM
And IF this is true, it may well be what cost us Napier.

Bull shit

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 04:23 PM

when did this reaching out happen?

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 04:26 PM
Bull shit

Believe what you want. Napier is loyal to his guys. And he ain't coming.

msu15
01-05-2020, 04:47 PM

Ban if you’re wrong?

msbulldog
01-05-2020, 04:47 PM
So his agent is more willing to please Ole Miss people then to make his commissions on 4 million a year? If so they really do graduate stupid up there.

Yeah Jack, the curriculum is called Dumb and Dumber Studies.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 04:49 PM
Ban if you’re wrong?

Would you do the same?

Coach34
01-05-2020, 04:50 PM

What? You want me to have Kirby Smart as my DC? Screw that, I’m bringing my guy Jim Smith as DC or I’m not coming.

Feld is considered top 3 in his field in the country. If that’s a deal breaker? Then let’s move on

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 04:53 PM
This is how LSU has done it with Tommy Moffitt who has been there for about 15 years, started under Saban, stayed under Miles and basically has lifetime contract.

That’s correct. It is not a deal breaker IF it is a really good S & C guy

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Ban if you’re wrong?

Absolutely. You too?

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 04:57 PM
What? You want me to have Kirby Smart as my DC? Screw that, I’m bringing my guy Jim Smith as DC or I’m not coming.

Feld is considered top 3 in his field in the country. If that’s a deal breaker? Then let’s move on

Napier's strength coach is bad ass. Look into him.

You're overvaluing Feld because he went here. He's a good one. Top 3? How do you even quantify such a thing?

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 05:03 PM
Napier's strength coach is bad ass. Look into him.

You're overvaluing Feld because he went here. He's a good one. Top 3? How do you even quantify such a thing?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2019/04/16/strength-coaches-oregon-florida-maryland-aaron-feld

This is a solid start when SI does a freaking full length bio on your process.

Go look at any recent articles in the last 2 years about college strength and conditioning and you'll find Feld mentioned in every single one of them. And it's not just because of his mustache.

And Aaron Feld can now add Rose Bowl champion to his resume. I would consider that to be a pretty solid starting point.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 05:08 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/nh8G7Cwq/Not-very-bright.gif

chef dixon
01-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Bert obviously has a strong source in this particular situation. Does not mean they are telling him everything though. Still Napier until proven otherwise is how I see it

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 05:13 PM
What? You want me to have Kirby Smart as my DC? Screw that, I?m bringing my guy Jim Smith as DC or I?m not coming.

Feld is considered top 3 in his field in the country. If that?s a deal breaker? Then let?s move on

And this is an easy fix if Napier has a problem with it. Tell Napier to bring his guy along to be on our S&C staff too and we'll make him the top assistant. It's not like football teams have just ONE guy that does S&C. This isn't 1990.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Bert obviously has a strong source in this particular situation. Does not mean they are telling him everything though. Still Napier until proven otherwise is how I see it

Bert also said it was 50/50 that Napier even coached ULL tomorrow.

chef dixon
01-05-2020, 05:16 PM

What does 50/50 mean to you? Bert posted the day after the bowl game his source knew our job was coming open. That was solidly before anyone else confirmed it.

hacker
01-05-2020, 05:16 PM

Yeah, that was pretty suspect

msstate7
01-05-2020, 05:18 PM
What does 50/50 mean to you? Bert posted the day after the bowl game his source knew our job was coming open. That was solidly before anyone else confirmed it.

Guess we'll see.

defiantdog
01-05-2020, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Bert's source were actual documents.

Noxdog
01-05-2020, 05:19 PM
If it's judge, I just want 3 things: Tony Hughes retained, an experienced college OC, and an experienced college DC

nm

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2020, 05:21 PM
I know Feld's family. He has 3 nephews & his brother live in Birmingham. He never gets to see them & that is wearing on him.

As for Napier, if he's scared to compete in the best division in college football then I don't want him. If he'd rather go coach in a shitty conference at Baylor then more power to him. If he's really turning down an SEC job with a good young QB, 3 top straight top 25 recruiting classes, & 10 straight bowl games, then 17 him. We don't need people at MSU that don't believe in MSU. If all this is true & he just want's to take the job for a the $3 mil raise, then we don't need that either because that's going to lead to a Mullen, flirting with every school America type hire.

I don't believe any of this because it doesn't make any sense for a highly competitive coach from the South to have these beliefs. So I think it'll be Napier & all we've seen thus far is an effort to keep him team focused for the bowl. No MSU person has said that he isn't interested, isn't a candidate, & frankly isn't the leading candidate.

Noxdog
Judge with Will Hall as OC, Tony Hughes for recruiting, Feld as S&C coach, McIntyre as DC and we are on our way.

Lupoi.

Bubb Rubb
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2019/04/16/strength-coaches-oregon-florida-maryland-aaron-feld

Go look at any recent articles in the last 2 years about college strength and conditioning and you'll find Feld mentioned in every single one of them. And it's not just because of his mustache.

And Aaron Feld can now add Rose Bowl champion to his resume. I would consider that to be a pretty solid starting point.

I'm not saying he isn't good. The statement was "top 3". Show me an objective ranking that says that. ESPN did a feature on him because he's a cool dude with a cool mustache and they needed content for college gameday. Remember when SI did a big story on our "boot camp" S&C program?

I didn't say he was terrible. I'd love to have him here. But a head coach is going to like his guys too, and Napier is particularly close to his guy. I'm not making this up...it's out there for everyone to read for themselves.

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 05:23 PM

I agree.

bulldogcountry1
01-05-2020, 05:33 PM
Nothing makes sense about hiring assistants and retaining assistants when the head guy hasn’t even been announced yet. Heaven forbid we are making demands to HC candidates about who must be kept on staff.

Also, if Feld is reaching out to us, why wasn’t he given a contract right after the Rose Bowl?

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 05:35 PM
I know Feld's family. He has 3 nephews & his brother live in Birmingham. He never gets to see them & that is wearing on him.

As for Napier, if he's scared to compete in the best division in college football then I don't want him. If he'd rather go coach in a shitty conference at Baylor then more power to him. If he's really turning down an SEC job with a good young QB, 3 top straight top 25 recruiting classes, & 10 straight bowl games, then 17 him. We don't need people at MSU that don't believe in MSU. If all this is true & he just want's to take the job for a the $3 mil raise, then we don't need that either because that's going to lead to a Mullen, flirting with every school America type hire.

I don't believe any of this because it doesn't make any sense for a highly competitive coach from the South to have these beliefs. So I think it'll be Napier & all we've seen thus far is an effort to keep him team focused for the bowl. No MSU person has said that he isn't interested, isn't a candidate, & frankly isn't the leading candidate.

FWIW through all of this and talking to people, I have learned how much of an odd ball Napier is. Not odd ball in a bad way, but quirky. Not that he has acted in this particular manner in the past denying and downplaying something, but he is a strange cat.

That being said, he has been repeatedly telling those around him for the last 5-7 days that he was not going to public ally comment about other positions until after their game.

Trying to read between the lines, Bert should still be taken seriously.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 05:40 PM
I'm not saying he isn't good. The statement was "top 3". Show me an objective ranking that says that. ESPN did a feature on him because he's a cool dude with a cool mustache and they needed content for college gameday. Remember when SI did a big story on our "boot camp" S&C program?

I didn't say he was terrible. I'd love to have him here. But a head coach is going to like his guys too, and Napier is particularly close to his guy. I'm not making this up...it's out there for everyone to read for themselves.

The one we used when we won the SEC West and 10 games the next year and essentially tipped the scales in our favor and helped level the playing field for a few years until other people caught on? Yeah. I 'member.

And before you say it- around that time when things hit the fan for a S&C program to work you have to have players that actually show up to it. Jackie had some of the same issues that Moorhead had around 2001-2003.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 05:40 PM
FWIW through all of this and talking to people, I have learned how much of an odd ball Napier is. Not odd ball in a bad way, but quirky. Not that he has acted in this particular manner in the past denying and downplaying something, but he is a strange cat.

That being said, he has been repeatedly telling those around him for the last 5-7 days that he was not going to public ally comment about other positions until after their game.

I want to believe.

However, I have my own sources. And they believe he ain't coming.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 05:41 PM
The one we used when we won the SEC West and 10 games the next year and essentially tipped the scales in our favor and helped level the playing field for a few years until other people caught on? Yeah. I 'member.

And before you say it- around that time when things hit the fan for a S&C program to work you have to have players that actually show up to it. Jackie had some of the same issues that Moorhead had around 2001-2003.

Your timing is a little off. And if you don't have players showing up for your S&C program, then you have a problem with your S&C program. That's the whole point.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2020, 05:42 PM

I agree.

Also FWIW, most highly successful people are pretty quirky

confucius say
01-05-2020, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Bert's source were actual documents.

Hmmmm......

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Your timing is a little off. And if you don't have players showing up for your S&C program, then you have a problem with your S&C program. That's the whole point.

The difference is Bichy isn't qualified and doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Grant did from a programing standpoint. That's my point.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Hmmmm......

What you don't believe Bert saw a signed contract? Haha

confucius say
01-05-2020, 05:47 PM
What you don't believe Bert saw a signed contract? Haha

Maybe he works for someone that is part of the paper trail. Bout the only thing that would make sense

MrKotter
01-05-2020, 05:48 PM
I want to believe.

Is behaving like a 12 year old brat fun for you or are you just a damn fool?

NCDawg
01-05-2020, 05:49 PM
I accept Napier's word that he is not a candidate for State's job. Seems to me Judge would now be the preferable hire if negotiations can be worked out.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 05:51 PM
The difference is Bichy isn't qualified and doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Grant did from a programing standpoint. That's my point.

If I'm a player and Bichey is screaming at me to run harder or do another rep, I'm laughing my ass off, bc that dude looks like he just downed a bottle of Dr. Pepper with cheese fries

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 05:53 PM
I want to believe.

When did your sources let you know we were firing Moorehead? How did that compare with Bert?s timing and post?

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Is behaving like a 12 year old brat fun for you or are you just a damn fool?

Why am I acting like a 12 year old because I don't agree with a narrative? That's silly.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 05:55 PM
When did your sources let you know we were firing Moorehead? How did that compare with Bert?s timing and post?

I actually heard Tuesday that we were probably going to fire him but I didn't come here beating my chest about it because the guy who told me is an average joe like me.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Why am I acting like a 12 year old because I don't agree with a narrative? That's silly.

I just can't formulate why Napier wouldn't want the job. I mean, at this point, we're his only option unless he goes back to ULL which seems pretty pointless. Nobody turns downs a 3 million dollar raise.

Doesn't make any sense.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 05:59 PM
I accept Napier's word that he is not a candidate for State's job. Seems to me Judge would now be the preferable hire if negotiations can be worked out.

Yeah, If Napier is taking our job, he hasn't answered the questions very well.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 06:00 PM
I just can't formulate why Napier wouldn't want the job. I mean, at this point, we're his only option unless he goes back to ULL which seems pretty pointless. Nobody turns downs a 3 million dollar raise.

Doesn't make any sense.

I can't either. It makes no sense. But it is what it is.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2020, 06:00 PM
I can't either. It makes no sense. But it is what it is.

Just saying, that's why I don't believe you.

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 06:01 PM

Re read my post. A person cannot be a candidate for a position, if they are not going to speak with people about open positions until after they play their bowl game.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 06:01 PM

Meh. I'm waiting until Weds. I figure the way it will probably play out is we'll interview him Tuesday and announce it on Weds or Thurs.

I don't think Cohen will wait around on him to make a decision though if Napier's waiting on Baylor. If that happens will probably announce Judge and roll with it.

This actually sort of reminds me a little bit of LSU's search with Tom Herman. They all wanted Herman who looked like a perfect fit and then he chose Texas of course and LSU went ahead with Coach O who I'm guessing they just saw as a placeholder for a few years. To me it's kind of a bad time for Napier to be playing games because the thing to do now is go the LSU route. I think when the spread was newer about 10-15 years ago the thing was to find some "innovative" offensive coach and it worked because most SEC teams were running pro-style/WCO stuff so what Urban Meyer and Gus Mahlzahn and people like that were doing was new at the time and they had an advantage because a lot of teams hadn't seen much of it before. Now there are spread concepts in most offenses if not all so a guy like Chad Morris isn't really doing anything special anymore.

If we get a CEO coach who hires top end coordinators we would actually maximize our recruiting base because to me the key for us is flexibility. Dan missed on Minchew because he couldn't really adapt his offense to him. And yeah, I know Kyle Trask. Some years Mississippi produces Kylin Hill and Cam Akers. And some years you get AJ Brown and DK Metcalf. It's really a mixed bag every year and not really the same.

The only thing that worries me about Judge is his lack of head coaching experience and how he would set recruiting up because I'm sure Saban has evolved since he was there.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 06:02 PM
If I'm a player and Bichey is screaming at me to run harder or do another rep, I'm laughing my ass off, bc that dude looks like he just downed a bottle of Dr. Pepper with cheese fries

Yeah. Kind of like Cartman yelling at Butters in the gym.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 06:02 PM
I actually heard Tuesday that we were probably going to fire him but I didn't come here beating my chest about it because the guy who told me is an average joe like me.

Gotcha but that is kind of an issue since there is no way to verify that. It was laid out by Bert right here for everyone to see and offered to be banned immediately. The weight of his info, which was spot on so far in that post, carries a lot more for many people.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Say you're Napier's wife & Billy Boy wins 11 games this season, then turns down MSU & $3 mil, & then goes 8-4 at ULL next season after losing a good bit of his OL.

How do you give that man putang? How is Napier's wife OK with Billy Boy turning down a $4 mil job without another $4 mil job waiting for him.

I realize that Baylor seems to have some interest, but the absolute fact is that Baylor still has a football coach.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Say you're Napier's wife & Billy Boy wins 11 games this season, then turns down MSU & $3 mil, & then goes 8-4 at ULL next season after losing a good bit of his OL.

How do you give that man putang? How is Napier's wife OK with Billy Boy turning down a $4 mil job without another $4 mil job waiting for him.

I realize that Baylor seems to have some interest, but the absolute fact is that Baylor still has a football coach.

I don't understand why anyone not named Billy Graham would choose them over us as far as being a football coach honestly. Yeah we're in the SEC and it's hard to win but our schedule is programmed to where 8 wins is pretty doable most years and our fans usually aren't going to freak out over 6-6 and we're probably the most patient football program in the league outside of Vanderbilt. Which is probably why all the triple option guys are contacting us.

And yeah Texas has a ton of talent but Baylor isn't exactly Texas or A&M and they're competing on even terms with Texas Tech and TCU and probably with Houston and SMU to some extent not to mention Oklahoma and maybe even Arkansas will start to pick it up now.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Gotcha but that is kind of an issue since there is no way to verify that. It was laid out by Bert right here for everyone to see and offered to be banned immediately. The weight of his info, which was spot on so far in that post, carries a lot more for many people.

Guessing that Jomo was out is not overly impressive. It was speculated fairly widely. Like I said, it was being discussed by others as early as Tuesday that I'm aware of, and we later found out that Cohen at started checking in on interested coaches as early as right after the fight. So that info was out there. Bert gets credit for that prediction, but others were saying it too. This indication that he was the first one to say it is silly. Now, if Napier ends up being the guy for the contract details he laid out, he will deserve every amount of praise he gets here, including from me. But I'm pretty confident it ain't happening. We'll see.

Joebob
01-05-2020, 06:11 PM

I?ll only be eating that crow if Napier doesn?t get the job. I?m all in on your information. Having said that though, if a contract hasn?t been signed, there?s always a minuscule chance something could change. But I?m betting it won?t. And I?m a very conservative bettor.

Thanks for posting your info on this subject. It?s been interesting.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2020, 06:15 PM
The thing about Napier having an ole Miss alumni agent is not only him telling him to wait for the best offer, etc but if Napier does come, won't he try to do what Mullen did every year, look for a new job? I'm curious. Do you think Napier would/ his agent leak that he is?

hacker
01-05-2020, 06:16 PM

Doesn't make any sense.

Plus he'd be turning down huge raises for any of his boys he wants to bring with him.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 06:16 PM
No on Judge. Way too risky right now. Maybe later

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 06:18 PM

We aint hiring either one of the veer guys. Cohen has told recruits this already

confucius say
01-05-2020, 06:18 PM
?I think its fair to say that weve made a decision that we are not a candidate for that job.?

Strange statement. First, who talks like that? Very measured way of speaking. If I asked you if you were interested in leaving your job for another job and the true answer is no, would you not just say no? To start with the phrase, I think its fair to say, comes across as a person being very careful and intentional about his words.

Second, who the hell is we? He and his wife, his staff, his agent?

Joebob
01-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Well crap. My first attempt to include a quote didn?t go so well. Stupid rookie.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 06:21 PM
?I think its fair to say that weve made a decision that we are not a candidate for that job.?

Strange statement. First, who talks like that? Very measured way of speaking. If I asked you if you were interested in leaving your job for another job and the true answer is no, would you not just say no? To start with the phrase, I think its fair to say, comes across as a person being very careful and intentional about his words.

His staff too, maybe

HoopsDawg
We aint hiring either one of the veer guys. Cohen has told recruits this already

Let's assume you are right, who does that leave, Grantham? I hope we don't pay Grantham 3 million so he can watch his kid play baseball.

timotheus
The members of staff who is coming along with him.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Meh. I'm waiting until Weds. I figure the way it will probably play out is we'll interview him Tuesday and announce it on Weds or Thurs.

I don't think Cohen will wait around on him to make a decision though if Napier's waiting on Baylor. If that happens will probably announce Judge and roll with it.

This actually sort of reminds me a little bit of LSU's search with Tom Herman. They all wanted Herman who looked like a perfect fit and then he chose Texas of course and LSU went ahead with Coach O who I'm guessing they just saw as a placeholder for a few years. To me it's kind of a bad time for Napier to be playing games because the thing to do now is go the LSU route. I think when the spread was newer about 10-15 years ago the thing was to find some "innovative" offensive coach and it worked because most SEC teams were running pro-style/WCO stuff so what Urban Meyer and Gus Mahlzahn and people like that were doing was new at the time and they had an advantage because a lot of teams hadn't seen much of it before. Now there are spread concepts in most offenses if not all so a guy like Chad Morris isn't really doing anything special anymore.

If we get a CEO coach who hires top end coordinators we would actually maximize our recruiting base because to me the key for us is flexibility. Dan missed on Minchew because he couldn't really adapt his offense to him. And yeah, I know Kyle Trask. Some years Mississippi produces Kylin Hill and Cam Akers. And some years you get AJ Brown and DK Metcalf. It's really a mixed bag every year and not really the same.

The only thing that worries me about Judge is his lack of head coaching experience and how he would set recruiting up because I'm sure Saban has evolved since he was there.

This timeline makes a little more sense now. I doubt he's spoke. To our people directly. I would imagine everything is being done through agent. He's got a template for what he wants whenever he moves and as schools call and engage in conversation, when he's got time he adds in some stuff and relays that to his agent, who relays it to the school.

Tuesday or Wednesday interview would make sense with a Wednesday/Thursday/Friday timeline to settle everything and announce. I think people expecting Tuesday will be disappointed but I also think that will lead many on this board into full blown melt down crying and acting like 6 year olds.

hacker
01-05-2020, 06:23 PM

I had the same thoughts. The "I think it's fair to say" gives me a little hope for some reason. Sounds like he's saying, "I'm about to lie to you via semantics."

Could've been a subconscious thing. Could also mean nothing.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Let's assume you are right, who does that leave, Grantham? I hope we don't pay Grantham 3 million so he can watch his kid play baseball.

For one, I know Im right. If we hired a veer guy now get ready for recruits to haul ass. Two, Grantham is a much better candidate than Judge is IMO and it aint close. Yall are sleeping on Grantham. He has earned it and we would win. Totally opposite than what we just saw. Can pay him less money and get more money for his staff.

Judge has done nothing to deserve this job. Not yet. He hasnt even ran an offense or defense. He may be the next Belicheck, Belicheck wouldnt let him run anything for him if he wasnt good. But we are in no position to take that kind of risk. If he is interviewing for a NFL HC job and he gets offered it he is taking that over us anyway.

Joebob
01-05-2020, 06:29 PM
That has nothing to do with it. Any agent wants to find ways to make their coaching candidate more valuable. The higher the contract amount is the more money they make. Pretty simple.

And speaking of that, the plane that supposedly brought Napier?s agent to Starkville went directly to Cabo, San Lucas after it left Starkville. The agent spending his bonus to celebrate?

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 06:29 PM
The thing about Napier having an ole Miss alumni agent is not only him telling him to wait for the best offer, etc but if Napier does come, won't he try to do what Mullen did every year, look for a new job? I'm curious. Do you think Napier would/ his agent leak that he is?

You can take the OM thinking out of the equation. His job is to find the best job for Napier period and that gets him more money. Worrying about trying to screw us due to he is an OM Alum doesn't make sense at all.

confucius say
01-05-2020, 06:31 PM
For one, I know Im right. If we hired a veer guy now get ready for recruits to haul ass. Two, Grantham is a much better candidate than Judge is IMO and it aint close. Yall are sleeping on Grantham. He has earned it and we would win. Totally opposite than what we just saw. Can pay him less money and get more money for his staff.

Judge has done nothing to deserve this job. Not yet. He hasnt even ran an offense or defense. He may be the next Belicheck, Belicheck wouldnt let him run anything for him if he wasnt good. But we are in no position to take that kind of risk. If he is interviewing for a NFL HC job and he gets offered it he is taking that over us anyway.

What would grantham run offensively and how do we know the same?

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 06:31 PM

It doesn't make sense to interview guys that you aren't going to hire unless you already have a man figured out

msu15
01-05-2020, 06:33 PM
It doesn't make sense to interview guys that you aren't going to hire unless you already have a man figured out

Wrong

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 06:33 PM
This timeline makes a little more sense now. I doubt he's spoke. To our people directly. I would imagine everything is being done through agent. He's got a template for what he wants whenever he moves and as schools call and engage in conversation, when he's got time he adds in some stuff and relays that to his agent, who relays it to the school.

Tuesday or Wednesday interview would make sense with a Wednesday/Thursday/Friday timeline to settle everything and announce. I think people expecting Tuesday will be disappointed but I also think that will lead many on this board into full blown melt down crying and acting like 6 year olds.

FWIW, Steve said John and Billy spoke directly. He was asked to clarify if he (Steve) indeed said that and he doubled down by saying "I did and they did."

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Heard Sark blew away the interview yesterday. He and Cohen connected... just saying what I heard

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 06:36 PM

Here's the thing. The interviews that were rumored to have taken place the other day were oh shit candidates. If everything literally went to hell we could oh shit and hire one of them.

The real interviews are Grantham, Judge, and I have to believe Napier. He said he wasn't a candidate. I firmly believe that's incorrect. He is one. Which is why that wording to me is very key. He's not been interviewed but he will be the day or so after his bowl game and he would be dumb not to take that.

I have to think there will be 3-4 others whose wheels we will kick around that we won't know about until after it's all said and done.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Heard Sark blew away the interview yesterday. He and Cohen connected... just saying what I heard

Egg bowl = 2 former usc HCs squaring off; pretty weird lol

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 06:39 PM
FWIW, Steve said John and Billy spoke directly. He was asked to clarify if he (Steve) indeed said that and he doubled down by saying "I did and they did."

So then if that's true then either Napier is fudging/carefully wording his statements (most likely) or Cohen called Napier to tell him even though there is rumor of our interest at this time we are not really interested and wanted to give you a courtesy call to not expect any other calls from me. And I highly doubt that happened.

Third option I guess would be we didn't give him what he wanted and he's no longer a candidate. Which would be depressing as hell.

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 06:39 PM
Egg bowl = 2 former usc HCs squaring off; pretty weird lol

Not saying he is the leader in the clubhouse but apparently it went well. We will see

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 06:40 PM

Calhoun was very impressive as well.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 06:40 PM

Sark can coach. I would prefer Napier.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 06:42 PM
And speaking of that, the plane that supposedly brought Napier?s agent to Starkville went directly to Cabo, San Lucas after it left Starkville. The agent spending his bonus to celebrate?

LOL ........ I saw some info on a flight from New Orleans to the Golden Triangle Airport, on Thursday, but I wasn't aware that the return flight would be heading in that direction.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2020, 06:45 PM
You can take the OM thinking out of the equation. His job is to find the best job for Napier period and that gets him more money. Worrying about trying to screw us due to he is an OM Alum doesn't make sense at all.

Yes but the second part, are we going to have to worry about it Napier looking every year and it getting out like with Mullen every year.

Also is there a chance Napier tries to do what Norvell did with Memphis and wait for a blue blood this year/next year?
Again, curious on y'all's thoughts.

NCDawg
01-05-2020, 06:45 PM

Moorhead "blew Cohen away" during the interview, also, whereas Pruitt didn't. Pruitt proved to be the better coach.

TrapGame
01-05-2020, 06:47 PM
Moorhead "blew Cohen away" during the interview, also, whereas Pruitt didn't. Pruitt proved to be the better coach.

You wrote it and I was thinking it. I've heard Sark is a slick dude.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 06:48 PM

that's what scares me with Cohen. Find me the best football coach, not the best interviewee. Sark and Grantham are the 2 hires that I want the LEAST. Can't believe we even interviewed Sark.

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 06:49 PM
Sark can coach. I would prefer Napier.

Head coach or assistant. I don't see anything on his resume that wows me as a head coach. And I don't think he's a more with less coach.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2020, 06:52 PM

So is Hud out? Or just plan C? If Napier falls through, he seems like our Coach O.

weblow
01-05-2020, 06:54 PM
So is Hud out? Or just plan C? If Napier falls through, he seems like our Coach O.

Hud is out.....per Joel T

BeardoMSU
01-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Turfdawg67
01-05-2020, 07:03 PM

Joined just to throw that shade in, eh? Heard it was a big time booster on that plane, so there.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 07:06 PM

Yeah was stated earlier today. He told his coaches as well. Many have been telling people in here he would not be a candidate or way way down the list.

Commercecomet24
01-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Joined just to throw that shade in, eh? Heard it was a big time booster on that plane, so there.

You are correct, It was a booster.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 07:08 PM
Yes but the second part, are we going to have to worry about it Napier looking every year and it getting out like with Mullen every year.

Also is there a chance Napier tries to do what Norvell did with Memphis and wait for a blue blood this year/next year?

That's possible with any really good HC (hopefully not as frequent as Mullen) we hire, unless he just decides that MSU is his designation job, and this is where he wants to stay. That just comes along with the territory.

Well he turned OM, MO and a few more schools down from what I heard.

msstatelp1
01-05-2020, 07:14 PM

Any coach that comes here and is successful will probably use us as a stepping stone especially now that Mullen showed that winning here is not a fluke.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2020, 07:18 PM
That's possible with any really good HC (hopefully not as frequent as Mullen) we hire, unless he just decides that MSU is his designation job, and this is where he wants to stay. That just comes along with the territory.

Well he turned OM, MO and a few more schools down from what I heard.

I think we can at least be sure that Napier won't be phoning it in by the end of the season, even if he's looking or a leading candidate.

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 07:19 PM

Checked out Feld's twitter and noticed that Billy Napier follows him. Probably nothing, but I found that interesting.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 07:22 PM
I think we can at least be sure that Napier won't be phoning it in by the end of the season, even if he's looking or a leading candidate.

I agree.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 07:24 PM
So then if that's true then either Napier is fudging/carefully wording his statements (most likely) or Cohen called Napier to tell him even though there is rumor of our interest at this time we are not really interested and wanted to give you a courtesy call to not expect any other calls from me. And I highly doubt that happened.

Third option I guess would be we didn't give him what he wanted and he's no longer a candidate. Which would be depressing as hell.

I think since social media came into being, and with so much readily available info out there for the media and the general public, whether it be rumors or factual, coaches now are almost forced to say things they would not have normally said years ago, but now to just to get the media (circling around and over them) off their back so they are not the center of attention for a potential job change decision, and them, their coaches and their players can focus on winning a bowl game and setting a school win record ( one specific scenario). So I'm still with you on option 1 until some event proves otherwise.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 07:30 PM

All hires a risk. Judge is no more risky than Grantham. Grantham has never run a program. Georgia fans are still thrilled he's gone and are thanking them for their win over UF. I think Grantham is a Will Muschamp without having already gone thru the learning curve process.

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 07:34 PM
All hires a risk. Judge is no more risky than Grantham. Grantham has never run a program. Georgia fans are still thrilled he's gone and are thanking them for their win over UF. I think Grantham is a Will Muschamp without having already gone thru the learning curve process.

I agree. There's a reason Grantham hasn't gotten a head job before. As long as he's been around, someone credible would have recognized him as having what it takes sooner. I think people like him around here because he turned around our defense by not being Peter Sirmon and he's a bad ass unlike Moorhead. I'd rather gamble on Judge.

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 07:38 PM
We are an incredible job. Moorhead would still be employed if Gay and Shrader didn't get into a fight. That's hard to imagine.

We are happy with 6-8 wins with the occasional run to 9 or 10. That's all you have to do as long as you look competent in losses. And it's not that hard with 4 non conference games + UK/OM/Arky on the schedule every year.

That narrative is over. It was true up until 2017

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 07:52 PM

We do not want TG has HC. There is a reason he has never sniffed at HC position. I?m telling you it would be worse than SloMo

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2020, 07:57 PM
I’m still holding out hope on Napier.

My only problem is that there was so many better ways to answer questions about coaching jobs waaaaaayyyy better than he did.

He went out of his way to say he wasn’t coming here. Let’s just hope he explains it away, because every other name that has been floated has been fairly average.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:02 PM
What would grantham run offensively and how do we know the same?

He is a good coach so hopefully he will do whatever suits our kids the best. Largely will depend on who he would hire as his OC.

One reason why I like Napier is he has shown he can adapt. He has ran two totally different systems. He was spread at Clemson and ULL but ran air raid at ASU bc thats what those kids could do

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:04 PM

Grantham is a hot head though. To me that tips the scales in Judge's favor right or wrong.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:05 PM
We do not want TG has HC. There is a reason he has never sniffed at HC position. I?m telling you it would be worse than SloMo

I hate to tell you but he has a legit shot IF its not Napier. Which I think it is so this is a moot point.

Grantham has earned his shot as HC. Sure I would have loved to have seen him run a program but no hire is perfect like Hoops said. He fits us and we would be tough. Thats a lot better than what we just were.

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 08:06 PM
He is a good coach so hopefully he will do whatever suits our kids the best. Largely will depend on who he would hire as his OC.

One reason why I like Napier is he has shown he can adapt. He has ran two totally different systems. He was spread at Clemson and ULL but ran air raid at ASU bc thats what those kids could do

We do NOT want Grantham as HC

BuckyIsAB****
Grantham is a hot head though. To me that tips the scales in Judge's favor right or wrong.

We need a hot head bc we just had a pot head

Todd4State

You always want people that are motivated to improve themselves in their career. That's not a bad thing. When it's bad is when moving up causes them to neglect their present job and the administration doesn't curb it which is what happened with Dan.

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 08:08 PM
I hate to tell you but he has a legit shot IF its not Napier. Which I think it is so this is a moot point.

Grantham has earned his shot as HC. Sure I would have loved to have seen him run a program but no hire is perfect like Hoops said. He fits us and we would be tough. Thats a lot better than what we just were.

I respect your opinion but he is a walking disaster if given the keys. He is to much of a hot head over the top person. Trust me it would get ugly

Coach34
01-05-2020, 08:08 PM
I think Sark and Chiz have a better chance than Grantham

hacker
01-05-2020, 08:10 PM
One thing is clear: there's only one coach that will unite the fanbase. Napier. I hope Cohen knows that.

Todd4State

I think he hasn't been interviewed or contacted. But that doesn't surprise me because he has been here very recently. We know him and what he is about. We also know he will come here if we do offer. So, why would we waste time on someone we already know about when we could use that time to vet out other candidates? If things fall through THEN you contact Hud do the interview, make the offer and go on with life. He's probably not a preferred candidate because we're on probation and ULL was put on probation during his tenure but I don't think he's hated by the NCAA like Jackie was either.

BuckyIsAB****

I dont. If its Chizik I am beyond done with it. I would rather have one of the veer guys. I think all of this is a moot point regardless but its Napier BUT

I would be ok with Sark or Grantham. I have been told there has been communication with Mike Leach. I would take him 10 times before I took Chizik once

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:11 PM

Maroon memories in Cabo?**

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 08:11 PM
You always want people that are motivated to improve themselves in their career. That's not a bad thing. When it's bad is when moving up causes them to neglect their present job and the administration doesn't curb it which is what happened with Dan.

You don?t want a HC who storms the owners office in the NFL, you don?t want a coach who tries to over throw a sitting HC. You don?t want a guy who picks fights with asst coaches. You don?t Want a guy who flips off the other team. You don?t want a guy who has the choke sign when a kicker misses a FG.
You don?t want a HC who hates recruiting
We don?t want TG

HailStateSZN19
01-05-2020, 08:12 PM

If it winds up being Chiz, I won’t watch a single game next year. Sark intrigues me depending on the staff he’d bring in. It sounds like if Napier turns us down (please dear God let it be Napier) then it’s Judge after him just going off what’s out there right now. If it ain’t Napier, my #2 out of the other options is Judge, especially with his rumored staff if he could pull all of them in.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 08:12 PM
I dont. If its Chizik I am beyond done with it. I would rather have one of the veer guys.

I would be ok with Chizik or Grantham. I have been told there has been communication with Mike Leach. I would take him 10 times before I took Chizik once

I'm going based on chatter from interviews this weekend. Grantham sounds like he eliminated himself. Sark has a shot as does Chiz should Napier go sideways

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:15 PM
You don?t want a HC who storms the owners office in the NFL, you don?t want a coach who tries to over throw a sitting HC. You don?t want a guy who picks fights with asst coaches. You don?t Want a guy who flips off the other team. You don?t want a guy who has the choke sign when a kicker misses a FG.
You don?t want a HC who hates recruiting
We don?t want TG

Oh I agree 100%. Especially if your program just fired a guy for embarrassing the university.

Dawgfan77
I'm going based on chatter from interviews this weekend. Grantham sounds like he eliminated himself. Sark has a shot as does Chiz should Napier go sideways

Sark and Cohen hit off.... Sarkvegas

chef dixon
Whoever it is barring triple option I?ll trick myself into excitement by the time the season rolls around

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:16 PM
For the record I would be ok with Sark but it wouldnt blow me away. A good DC and we would be good. Sark can run an offense and call plays. Granted he was just doing that with 3-4 1st round WRs but still.

Chizik would be a laughingstock of a hire. I would have rather kept Moorhead than Chizik. He is a fraud in my eyes

SteelCurtain74
01-05-2020, 08:18 PM
I dont. If its Chizik I am beyond done with it. I would rather have one of the veer guys. I think all of this is a moot point regardless but its Napier BUT

I would be ok with Sark or Grantham. I have been told there has been communication with Mike Leach. I would take him 10 times before I took Chizik once

If Leach came I wonder if he would upgrade the visitor locker room since he was less than impressed the last time he saw it.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:18 PM
If it winds up being Chiz, I won’t watch a single game next year. Sark intrigues me depending on the staff he’d bring in. It sounds like if Napier turns us down (please dear God let it be Napier) then it’s Judge after him just going off what’s out there right now. If it ain’t Napier, my #2 out of the other options is Judge, especially with his rumored staff if he could pull all of them in.

I can't see it being Chizik. It would be terribly unpopular. And he recently put out a video talking about how he is "all Auburn" and all of this. It really didn't sit too well with me as far as him getting a job at MSU. I would probably take a chance on Sarkisian before I took a chance on Chizik if it came down to that.

I talked to an Auburn fan yesterday and he told me how much they all hated Chizik and then said "good luck if y'all get him".

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:20 PM
Sark and Kiffin were also on the same staff at USC in the Norm Chow days. I think they're pretty good friends. Maybe this is how we're going to end the toxic Egg Bowl atmosphere.**

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 08:21 PM
For the record I would be ok with Sark but it wouldnt blow me away. A good DC and we would be good. Sark can run an offense and call plays. Granted he was just doing that with 3-4 1st round WRs but still.

Chizik would be a laughingstock of a hire. I would have rather kept Moorhead than Chizik. He is a fraud in my eyes

Sark hates Kiffin I mean HATES him. Sark has been clean for four years and humbled. Great offensive mind coached and played under norm chow. Has great contacts and has Saban pedigree. Masterful recruiter I?m all in on Sark or Calhoun of it?s not Napier

Sarkvegas sounds fun

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 08:21 PM

I don't see anything that wows me with Sark. I'd prefer the AF dude Calhoun. He'd be more of a more with less coach IMO. As long as he doesn't run triple option that is. If he found a spread option OC and a good DC, I think he might would be pretty decent.

shrimp
01-05-2020, 08:24 PM

Plus it was a NetJets aircraft. The same passengers that flew in on it may or may not have have been the same passengers that departed on it.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Sark hates Kiffin I mean HATES him. Sark has been clean for four years and humbled. Great offensive mind coached and played under norm chow. Has great contacts and has Saban pedigree. Masterful recruiter I?m all in on Sark or Calhoun of it?s not Napier

Sarkvegas sounds fun

Is there anybody that Kiffin DOESN'T burn a bridge with?

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 08:25 PM
I don't see anything that wows me with Sark. I'd prefer the AF dude Calhoun. He'd be more of a more with less coach IMO. As long as he doesn't run triple option that is. If he found a spread option OC and a good DC, I think he might would be pretty decent.

I'd rather eliminate any possibility of anyone running the triple option.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 08:28 PM

Calhoun runs spread option concepts now and did with Grobe years ago. Very sharp offensive guy who is versatile

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:30 PM

Sarkvegas sounds fun

I could get behind Sark. I just think Keenum is so high on his high horse we would never hire him. Maybe not idk. I would just worry about him not having Jeudy, Waddle and the rest of them boys

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-05-2020, 08:30 PM
ESPN might pay Sark's salary for us if we ran the Kiffin/Sark saga by them. Would leave us a ton of money for some great assistants.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:31 PM
It aint gonna be a veer guy. Its not happening. If it does the whole class would probably bolt. Cohen knows aint nobody coming to watch ride and decide all day

confucius say
01-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Sarkvegas sounds fun

I mean this respectfully, but I wonder if cohens experience with alcoholism and his wife overcoming it (she is public about it so not breaking smn here) creates a soft spot in him for sark? He should at least know the signs of sobriety to look for

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 08:33 PM
I'd rather eliminate any possibility of anyone running the triple option.

Calhoun doesn’t run the triple option in a traditional sense. He is multiple even now at Air Force but he ran and runs spread option concepts, has a pro background as well. He is NOT running Paul Johnson or Monken (who is still more Spread flex than traditional triple option which he ran about 20% of the time). Calhoun is very adaptable to his personnel. Watch what he did at Wake Forest and then as OC for Houston Texans in 2006.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2020, 08:33 PM

Maybe Chiz has learn since he was lat HC and maybe he will hire good OC and DC.

confucius say
01-05-2020, 08:34 PM
It aint gonna be a veer guy. Its not happening. If it does the whole class would probably bolt. Cohen knows aint nobody coming to watch ride and decide all day

Ride and decide, thats how some of yall found a wife isnt it (ill see myself out)

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 08:35 PM

Yeah but Calhoun is not a veer only guy and would run a spread run first offense here. With a lot of misdirection and window dressing.

confucius say
01-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Why does sark hate kiffin

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:40 PM
Yeah but Calhoun is not a veer only guy and would run a spread run first offense here. With a lot of misdirection and window dressing.

To be fair I havent watched him much but those veer guys are like a cult man. With all due respect but they hire each other, fire each other the whole 9. Im pretty sure they still paddle each other*

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 08:43 PM

You doing a pretty decent job of selling me Clark. Looking at his record and from what I've reading, I think he's a roll his sleeves up and work dude.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 08:46 PM

Sark was horrible with the Falcons. I mean really bad. He does less with more.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:47 PM
Sark was horrible with the Falcons. I mean really bad. He does less with more.

I forgot he was the OC there. That is troubling. I had tried to forget about that being a half ass Falcons fan

Coach34
To be fair I havent watched him much but those veer guys are like a cult man. With all due respect but they hire each other, fire each other the whole 9. Im pretty sure they still paddle each other*

I'm a Veer guy who morphed into a power spread veer guy. This season because of the players we had- we ended being a 5 wide run and pass team with motion and screens. Good coaches adapt their system to their talent.

Jack Lambert

So Kiffiin hates Saban and Sark hates Kiffin. This will be fun.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 08:51 PM
I'm a Veer guy who morphed into a power spread veer guy. This season because of the players we had- we ended being a 5 wide run and pass team with motion and screens. Good coaches adapt their system to their talent.

Im all for the option. It is more fun to watch than anything when its rolling. But nobody is signing up to do that in big football anymore. The academies do it bc they are the equivalent of 1A-4A in MS.

The Wing T is making a big comeback though in 6A ball so what do I know. Im just saying our recruits are gonna haul ass if we hire a veer guy. Some of them have been told its not a veer guy

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Why is nobody mentioning Clawson - I heard he had an interview.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Im all for the option. It is more fun to watch than anything when its rolling. But nobody is signing up to do that in big football anymore. The academies do it bc they are the equivalent of 1A-4A in MS.

The Wing T is making a big comeback though in 6A ball so what do I know. Im just saying our recruits are gonna haul ass if we hire a veer guy. Some of them have been told its not a veer guy

Jesus dude- what are you missing? These guys arent coming to State to run the flexbone. Air Force is in the Gun at least half the time. He coached in the NFL. But they are guys used to doing more with less- and at State- that is what has yo happen.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 08:55 PM
Why is nobody mentioning Clawson - I heard he had an interview.

What? Don't play with me.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 09:01 PM

But he is not that. He is multiple. Heck a ton of what spread teams run come from some of what he and Grobe did at Wake. That was run spread and still run with him a Wake. But if you want to get technical, Urban and Mullen, Clemson, etc. can be stated to have a veer base in concept. He is nothing like Monken and Johnson in that regard. Very different. And you think he was using completely veer concepts while with the Broncos or Texans? Or when Denver interviewed him in 2010 do you think they were wanting to bring in the veer? That is not what he is

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 09:03 PM
If it winds up being Chiz, I won?t watch a single game next year. Sark intrigues me depending on the staff he?d bring in. It sounds like if Napier turns us down (please dear God let it be Napier) then it?s Judge after him just going off what?s out there right now. If it ain?t Napier, my #2 out of the other options is Judge, especially with his rumored staff if he could pull all of them in.

If it's Chizik, I wonder if we as a fanbase learn a lesson.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 09:05 PM

What lesson is that ole wise one?

dawgday166
01-05-2020, 09:06 PM
What lesson is that ole wise one?

Pay more for Heisman QBs? ***

confucius say
01-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Calhoun would do a very good job. Would need to keep some recruiters on staff, but the guy is a hell of a ball coach.

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 09:07 PM

What lesson? Don't fire a coach who has lost complete control of his team and underachieves?

Our fans are asinine.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-05-2020, 09:09 PM

The only lesson to be learned is that our Admin is the worst in the country.

Firing Joe was the right move. Replacing him with a proven god awful coach isn't

Coursesuper
01-05-2020, 09:13 PM

Goodness gracious.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 09:13 PM

Yeah for our AD not to hire a crappy coach after firing a crappy coach.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 09:15 PM

I hope so and agree. Why stick with a guy like Moorhead when we can hire someone thats won a Natty and had real success. Too many of our fans are too timid and support languishing coaches way too long. Good post

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Jesus dude- what are you missing? These guys arent coming to State to run the flexbone. Air Force is in the Gun at least half the time. He coached in the NFL. But they are guys used to doing more with less- and at State- that is what has yo happen.

It aint gonna be any of them regardless. Im not trying to start an argument with you bc that is a moot point in itself. Air force is in the gun but its still triple option. You dont half ass the triple. You live it. Surely you know that. We arent gonna get kids to come here and run that and the signees we have will run to Oxford as fast as they can get there.

Its not a good move and it aint happening. Paul Johnson tried it, they beat our ass with it then they fell off the map.

Quaoarsking
01-05-2020, 09:19 PM
I hope it's not Chizik, but if it is, I can just about guarantee that we'll win more in 2020-2022 than we would have if Moorhead has coached those 3 years.

Quaoarsking
01-05-2020, 09:23 PM
Its not a good move and it aint happening. Paul Johnson tried it, they beat our ass with it then they fell off the map.

I think that's harsh:

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football) (Atlantic Coast Conference (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference)) (2008-2018)

2008 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
9-4
5-3
T-1st (Coastal)
L Chick-Fil-A (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chick-fil-A_Bowl)

2009 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
10-3
7-1
1st (Coastal)
L Orange (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Orange_Bowl)-

2010 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
6-7
4-4
T-3rd (Coastal)
L Independence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Independence_Bowl)

2011 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
8-5
5-3
T-2nd (Coastal)
L Sun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Sun_Bowl)

2012 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
7-7
5-3
T-1st (Coastal)
W Sun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Sun_Bowl)

2013 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
7-6
5-3
T-2nd (Coastal)
L Music City (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Music_City_Bowl)

2014 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
11-3
6-2
1st (Coastal)
W Orange (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Orange_Bowl_(December))-

2015 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
3-9
1-7
7th (Coastal)

2016 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
9-4
4-4
5th (Coastal)
W TaxSlayer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_TaxSlayer_Bowl_(December))

2017 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
5-6
4-4
3rd (Coastal)

2018 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
7-6
5-3
2nd (Coastal)
L Quick Lane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Quick_Lane_Bowl)

Georgia Tech:
82-61
51-37

I don't think they really fell off that much. Having to play Georgia non-conference on top of their regular schedule hurt them some, but it was bowls in 9/11 years, and would have been 10/11 if they had been able to get a makeup game scheduled in 2017.

Granted, it's against ACC competition, but he was only able to get ACC-level recruits himself, and Georgia Tech is a very distant second in the state.

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 09:25 PM
It aint gonna be any of them regardless. Im not trying to start an argument with you bc that is a moot point in itself. Air force is in the gun but its still triple option. You dont half ass the triple. You live it. Surely you know that. We arent gonna get kids to come here and run that and the signees we have will run to Oxford as fast as they can get there.

He is NOT running a Paul Johnson offense. He will NOT run a triple option offense here because he doesn’t run it exclusively even now and has the philosophy and background as OC of NOT running it to prove it. He is Not Monken or Paul Johnson. Heck he even will run out a I formation, run spread zone read, play action pass from pro concepts, etc. at Air Force. Brent Venables has talked about how hard it’s to game plan for him because he is so multiple with a lot of misdirection

Charlie_Sheen420
01-05-2020, 09:36 PM
He is NOT running a Paul Johnson offense. He will NOT run a triple option offense here because he doesn’t run it exclusively even now and has the philosophy and background as OC of NOT running it to prove it. He is Not Monken or Paul Johnson. Heck he even will run out a I formation, run spread zone read, play action pass from pro concepts, etc. at Air Force. Brent Venables has talked about how hard it’s to game plan for him because he is so multiple with a lot of misdirection

If our players had a hard time learning Joe’s offense, I find it hard to believe it will be any easier for them to learn multiple offense types to run

Really Clark?
01-05-2020, 09:43 PM
If our players had a hard time learning Joe’s offense, I find it hard to believe it will be any easier for them to learn multiple offense types to run

He is multiple offensively but what he runs is simple. He would be a spread offense run first here with a lot of window dressing and misdirection. His schemes are not hard to learn though. After the last two years, it will be refreshing for the players.

HaggardDawg
01-05-2020, 09:48 PM
Maybe Chiz has learn since he was lat HC and maybe he will hire good OC and DC.

His plan is to bring back Grantham if we can get the money right and bring in Fedora or Will Hall

Joebob
01-05-2020, 09:49 PM

Actually I?ve been trying to post for days but just got permissioned today.
And by the way, what?s the deal with the ? In place of the apostrophe? How do I fix that? And I can’t get the quotes to post consistently either. Guess I’ll have to do some research.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-05-2020, 09:56 PM
His plan is to bring back Grantham if we can get the money right and bring in Fedora or Will Hall

Grantham is not coming back here as a coordinator, so everyone please stop thinking he is coming back to be DC. He’s only leaving Florida for a head coaching job...unless he is fired

Todd4State
01-05-2020, 10:32 PM
I think that's harsh:

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football) (Atlantic Coast Conference (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference)) (2008-2018)

2008 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
9-4
5-3
T-1st (Coastal)
L Chick-Fil-A (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chick-fil-A_Bowl)

2009 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
10-3
7-1
1st (Coastal)
L Orange (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Orange_Bowl)-

2010 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
6-7
4-4
T-3rd (Coastal)
L Independence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Independence_Bowl)

2011 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
8-5
5-3
T-2nd (Coastal)
L Sun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Sun_Bowl)

2012 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
7-7
5-3
T-1st (Coastal)
W Sun (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Sun_Bowl)

2013 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
7-6
5-3
T-2nd (Coastal)
L Music City (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Music_City_Bowl)

2014 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
11-3
6-2
1st (Coastal)
W Orange (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Orange_Bowl_(December))-

2015 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
3-9
1-7
7th (Coastal)

2016 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
9-4
4-4
5th (Coastal)
W TaxSlayer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_TaxSlayer_Bowl_(December))

2017 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
5-6
4-4
3rd (Coastal)

2018 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season)
Georgia Tech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_team)
7-6
5-3
2nd (Coastal)
L Quick Lane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Quick_Lane_Bowl)

Georgia Tech:
82-61
51-37

I don't think they really fell off that much. Having to play Georgia non-conference on top of their regular schedule hurt them some, but it was bowls in 9/11 years, and would have been 10/11 if they had been able to get a makeup game scheduled in 2017.

Granted, it's against ACC competition, but he was only able to get ACC-level recruits himself, and Georgia Tech is a very distant second in the state.

Looks to me like he inherited a talented team and then went about .500 outside of a couple of good years.

Hambone
01-05-2020, 10:54 PM
Coach, he went 5-19 his first two years as a head coach.....

Yes, he did win a Natty (think there should be an asterisk because he had Cam Newton) but went 8-5 before that then 8-5 and then 3-9 after that....

I don’t really consider that real success.

Besides the Natty year he has combined 24-38 record......

Also a career .500 record with that Natty team.

We just FIRED a coach that has a winning record (yes, he deserves to have been fired) but successful, Chizik is not

HaggardDawg
01-05-2020, 11:09 PM
Chizik pulled his name from consideration today