PDA

View Full Version : One more year of moorhead vs 3 years of Chizik

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 01:59 PM
I'd take 1 more year of moorhead over 3 years of Chizik or 3 years of trying to be a triple option team. If we go with either it will fail and it will be 2-3 years before we can fire and hire again. IMHO we would probably be worse than if we kept moorhead 1 more year

Please Cohen don't go those routes. Stay away from Chizik and the triple option

I can get behind just about any other hire. But not those 2

StateOfTheSip
01-05-2020, 02:01 PM
I'd take 1 more year of moorhead over 3 years of Chizik or 3 years of trying to be a triple option team. If we go with either it will fail and it will be 2-3 years before we can fire and hire again. IMHO we would probably be worse than if we kept moorhead 1 more year

I have a real good feeling Cohen has something up his sleeve. Don?t lose hope just yet.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 02:09 PM
I'm actually not losing hope. I think Cohen is probably smart enough not to go Chizik or the triple option.

But him interviewing those people does give me some concern

MetEdDawg
01-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Here's what's crazy about the triple option. If the state of MS produces talent to run one particular offense the absolute best personnel wise, it would be the triple option. Running QB priority. Decent number of solid RBs and guys who could be blockers and HBs, and enough OL to stay stocked. You minimize the WR talent needed by only needed 2-3 per year really. Running a modified triple option with embedded RPO/spread concepts wouldn't be a terrible route to go. A more hard core running style of what Malzahn does. Doesn't have to be straight up triple option, but using more motion on handoffs, incorporating more blockers in the run game, incorporating true RPOs. It could work.

Now with that being said, the two biggest issues are that hardly anyone runs it and I am not convinced it can work consistently in the SEC. but if having a lot of quality RBs and having few quality WRs is an issue, a triple option isn't a bad way to look. And obviously someone told Cohen that or he wouldn't have interviewed 2 triple option coaches. I think it's smart of him to at least consider that side of things.

fader2103
01-05-2020, 02:20 PM
So I will admit that I don't have an inside choice. Who all has been interviewed or will be?

Offshore Dawg
01-05-2020, 02:23 PM

I can get behind just about any other hire. But not those 2

The speculation is strong with this one.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Or
We are going with Hudspeth and going to throw money at Grantham who might consider coming to be near his son.

Was Huff and Hudspeth on good terms? I always heard Huff liked Starkville. We could basically replicate ******* time here with same/similar coaches but having coaches that like Starkville and like to recruit.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 02:40 PM
The speculation is strong with this one.

Is it speculation that we interviewed Chizik and 2 triple option people yesterday?

I assume Paul Jones is a fairly reliable source, but maybe you are right. Maybe Paul Jones was lying

Homedawg
01-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Or
We are going with Hudspeth and going to throw money at Grantham who might consider coming to be near his son.

Was Huff and Hudspeth on good terms? I always heard Huff liked Starkville. We could basically replicate ******* time here with same/similar coaches but having coaches that like Starkville and like to recruit.

We aren't hiring hud. And if Grantham comes back, for the 1000th time it won't be to be a coordinator. Only way he comes back here is if he's the head coach. Period.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 03:12 PM

This is such a bad take for a guy who loves bashing other posters.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 03:16 PM
This is such a bad take for a guy who loves bashing other posters.

Is it?

So you would rather reset and have Chizik for 2-3 years or try to become a triple option guy?

Maybe I'm missing something. Why would you rather have Chizik or a triple option guy? Moorhead wasn't working, but I don't see either of those working and we would be stuck for a couple of more years

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Is it?

So you would rather reset and have Chizik for 2-3 years or try to become a triple option guy?

Maybe I'm missing something. Why would you rather have Chizik or a triple option guy? Moorhead wasn't working, but I don't see either of those working and we would be stuck for a couple of more years

We aren't going to run the triple option even if we do hire Calhoun. And yes, I would rather any of these guys than Moorhead.

Moorhead is gone now. Why even bring him up.

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 03:21 PM
We aren't hiring hud. And if Grantham comes back, for the 1000th time it won't be to be a coordinator. Only way he comes back here is if he's the head coach. Period.

Homedawg, what's your feel on where things stand with Napier?

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 03:24 PM
We aren't going to run the triple option even if we do hire Calhoun. And yes, I would rather any of these guys than Moorhead.

Moorhead is gone now. Why even bring him up.
Calhoun is interesting because he does have more experience.

I brought Moorhead up because it's a good measuring stick for how much I don't want Chizik or triple option. Actually moorhead is the perfect measuring stick. We know he wasn't working. That shows you how little I think of Chizik or the 3x option.

Also I thought maybe a thread about the people we have actually confirmed interviews with would be topical.

DeputyDawg94
01-05-2020, 03:25 PM
I don’t think Cohen is really considering the triple option coaches and Chiz is the last one of the coaches being mentioned I’d want. I agree that 1 more year with Joe would be better than 3 with Chiz.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 03:26 PM
We are not GA Tech or a military academy. The triple option left MSU when Emory Bellard left and it ain't coming back. By the way, what's the difference between the triple option and the wishbone? Any similarities with RPO? just a dumbass asking, that's all.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 03:28 PM
I don’t think Cohen is really considering the triple option coaches and Chiz is the last one of the coaches being mentioned I’d want. I agree that 1 more year with Joe would be better than 3 with Chiz.

Why the interviews? I understand why Cohen would possibly want to have fake interviews as smoke screens, but why would they interview with Cohen if they knew it wasn't actually a possibility?

If people here know that Cohen really isn't going to hire them, then I'm sure their agents know this too. Why waste everyone's time?

R2Dawg
01-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Why the interviews? I understand why Cohen would possibly want to have fake interviews as smoke screens, but why would they interview with Cohen if they knew it wasn't actually a possibility?

If people here know that Cohen really isn't going to hire them, then I'm sure their agents know this too. Why waste everyone's time?

Real easy, you never put all your eggs in one basket. You have to leave yourself with options for many reasons. You don't know what option 1 will do. It helps with negotiating and smoke screening media. Helps you better compare candidates. Did you marry the first person you dated? If so that was dumb. No guarantee you get the right guy after looking at many but boy you have more info to make a better decision.

If we are interviewing a person, it has to be at least a possibility. Maybe one in a million but there is a chance. While he is waiting what else is he gonna do? If he has no other options and 1 goes No then he is criticized for being the dumbest AD ever.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 03:45 PM
I don?t think Cohen is really considering the triple option coaches and Chiz is the last one of the coaches being mentioned I?d want. I agree that 1 more year with Joe would be better than 3 with Chiz.

Real easy, you never put all your eggs in one basket. You have to leave yourself with options for many reasons. You don't know what option 1 will do. It helps with negotiating and smoke screening media. Helps you better compare candidates. Did you marry the first person you dated? If so that was dumb. No guarantee you get the right guy after looking at many but boy you have more info to make a better decision.

If we are interviewing a person, it has to be at least a possibility. Maybe one in a million but there is a chance. While he is waiting what else is he gonna do? If he has no other options and 1 goes No then he is criticized for being the dumbest AD ever.

But he said they were not options, so this would not apply

I understand why you would have more options lined up.....but he stated they were not really options. That Cohen isn't really considering them.

So why the interviews with people that are not really options? Again I understand why Cohen might do it, but not why the agents for the coaches would set up interviews with no possibility of being hired?

I think I'm on the same page as you. Cohen IS considering these people

DeputyDawg94
01-05-2020, 06:41 PM
But he said they were not options, so this would not apply

I understand why you would have more options lined up.....but he stated they were not really options. That Cohen isn't really considering them.

So why the interviews with people that are not really options? Again I understand why Cohen might do it, but not why the agents for the coaches would set up interviews with no possibility of being hired?

I think I'm on the same page as you. Cohen IS considering these people

It’s just an opinion. At this point I’ll take a cold turd over Joe. That’s exactly what you’d get with Chiz. He ain’t crap without Cam. Like was said the triple option is dead. I am for whatever O can win games here tho, so I’m not necessarily against it. We need someone who can adjust to what we have. Will that type O work with the current personnel? That was one of the biggest gripes against Joe. Square peg in round hole doesn’t work.

Eta: I also think he learned a lot from the baseball search so he isn’t closing any doors until it’s official over.

HaggardDawg
01-05-2020, 09:43 PM
For what it's worth Chiz's plan is to bring in Grantham if possible, if not he'd call the D. Offense he would bring Larry Fedora or Will Hall.

CJDAWG85
01-06-2020, 12:31 AM
I had someone call me tonight and said that one of our players said it was Chizik. No clue if that’s true.