PDA

View Full Version : Napier himself says he?s not a candidate

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 01:18 PM
In his press conference. Not sure how much more plain he can put it. Time to move on?

weblow
Poor Bert.

OLJWales
In his press conference. Not sure how much more plain he can put it. Time to move on?

once you accept an offer, you are no longer a candidate.

dantheman4248
How many times do I have to tell you guys. I'm not going to be the next head coach of Alabama.

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 01:21 PM
I just think that’s a stretch. As much as I want Napier, and he’s been my #1, I think Cohen was probably cheap and low balled him. Get ready for a triple option or Gene Chizik.

once you accept an offer, you are no longer a candidate.

hacker
01-05-2020, 01:23 PM
I just think that’s a stretch. As much as I want Napier, and he’s been my #1, I think Cohen was probably cheap and low balled him. Get ready for a triple option or Gene Chizik.

Or he's lying so they can focus on his bowl game, then he'll become a candidate again afterwards.

ScoobaDawg
01-05-2020, 01:24 PM
How many times do I have to tell you guys. I'm not going to be the next head coach of Alabama.

exactly... it's been said over and over.. that's the only answer you can give in a pc.. to lie.. it sucks but you say no comment and the media will hound you to death.
He's not going to break the news the day before the bowl game. he still has a job to do.

it should come out tomorrow around game time i'm guessing.

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 01:25 PM
was that "not a candidate" or "no longer a candidate" ?

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 01:27 PM
BILLY NAPIER
C, LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE RAGIN' CAJUNS

Louisiana HC Billy Napier confirmed that he is not a candidate for the Mississippi State HC opening.
A couple days ago, Napier expressed disinterest in the opening, but it was not 100 percent confirmed that he was out of the running. Now, on Sunday, Napier confirmed that he is not a candidate and will not be taking the job at Mississippi State. Napier recently extended his contract at Louisiana through the 2025 season.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2020, 01:29 PM

How many times do we have to explain it?

He's not going to tip his hand while preparing for a bowl game.

msstate7
BILLY NAPIER

Louisiana HC Billy Napier confirmed that he is not a candidate for the Mississippi State HC opening.
A couple days ago, Napier expressed disinterest in the opening, but it was not 100 percent confirmed that he was out of the running. Now, on Sunday, Napier confirmed that he is not a candidate and will not be taking the job at Mississippi State. Napier recently extended his contract at Louisiana through the 2025 season.

Yeah, sounds like our guy.

KOdawg1
Welp this sucks. The current options are all underwhelming.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2020, 01:30 PM
BILLY NAPIER

Napier recently extended his contract at Louisiana through the 2025 season.

Is the contract signed?

Huntsville Dawg
01-05-2020, 01:30 PM
The fan part of me wants him to be lying and coming to coach for us, but the Mississippi State history I've experienced says he is telling the truth and we are screwed lol.

KOdawg1
01-05-2020, 01:31 PM
We'll end up hiring Joe Judge. Another coach that will have to learn on the job.

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 01:32 PM
So, our options now:

Cheesedick
Triple option
Triple option
Drunk
Never been a head coach

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 01:33 PM
The fan part of me wants him to be lying and coming to coach for us, but the Mississippi State history I've experienced says he is telling the truth and we are screwed lol.

Man, me too. Damnit.
But the funny thing is, I’m not sure why I’ve been excited about him. I guess the internet did this to me. Whatever the reason, I’m here now. I hope we get him!!

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 01:34 PM
BILLY NAPIER

Nick Saban in 2006:

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Took the job a few days later, in case y'all didn't remember.

msudawg1200
01-05-2020, 01:34 PM
If he said that it’s over then. I would think a coach would just decline comment, but that’s pretty straight forward. Move on. I guess Bert got bad intel.

NCDawg
01-05-2020, 01:35 PM
BILLY NAPIER

Sounds pretty clear to me. Guess we should consider Hudspeth or Judge now. Guess Satterfield wouldn't consider an offer from us.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Delete

TrapGame
He’s right. He’s not a candidate he’s the next head coach. Semantics.

MetEdDawg
Nick Saban in 2006:

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Took the job a few days later, in case y'all didn't remember.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner

msstate7
01-05-2020, 01:38 PM
What do you expect him to say. Yeah I'm a candidate for the HC position at MSU and we are in negotiations as we speak.. He doesn't want all these distractions, for his team, and wants to focus on this bowl game and get his current players a bowl win and their 11th win. The media has ticked him off.

So he's so pissed off at the media, he tells that lie in front of his whole team? I don't buy it. Who has said Napier is coming other than Bert? My only source said there was no deal, and he'd take the field over Napier

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 01:38 PM
You think Napier wants his players to learn of their coach's decision thru the media? What's he supposed to do when asked? That NE dude that was at that FL school in that bowl game was a media shit storm. I felt sorry for the coach and the players playing under that cloud with the media inside everyone's ass constantly. Napier doesn't wanna coach his last game under those circumstances. We've seen numerous coaches say the same things but something different happens.

Indndawg
01-05-2020, 01:39 PM
Pinebox

msudawg1200
01-05-2020, 01:40 PM
People, Napier ain?t coming. I wanted to believe but this pretty much says it ain?t happening. Period. Move on.

hacker
01-05-2020, 01:40 PM
You can see the clear division between optimists and pessimists in this thread

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 01:41 PM
If he said that it?s over then. I would think a coach would just decline comment, but that?s pretty straight forward. Move on. I guess Bert got bad intel.

Either that or he was trolling everyone. Either way, you can cancel that application for sainthood.

msudawg1200
01-05-2020, 01:44 PM

I think it shows the realists against the dreamers

DawgNamedScuba
01-05-2020, 01:46 PM
Honestly I feel like some posters should just chill out.... sign off and just lurk for awhile. Let the chips fall where they fall.

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 01:46 PM

Haha, true. It's definitely a blow to my optimism. But at the same time, if he was in any way evasive in his answer at this point it would be interpreted as basically saying "yeah, I'm taking the job". It's a mandatory press conference. No way to avoid it, he had to answer questions and he had to answer THAT question.

Again, maybe he's not coming here, but I'm not writing it off just yet because of this alone.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Well that should get the vulture media off his back for now so that he and his team can focus on a bowl win and an 11 win season.

Bdawg
01-05-2020, 01:49 PM
Maybe he comes, maybe he doesn't. But that was the only way to get the media off his back before his game. I'm a little worried about our second options right now though, not that Napier is supposed to be some savior of our program, but he looks good on paper. Never know till they get here, because Moorhead looked good on paper too.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 01:49 PM
So what people have been "hearing" from their "sources" don't seem to be correct.

Well that is surprising.

TUSK
01-05-2020, 01:50 PM

Yup, hopefully Nap won't be as vilified should he make a move...

1bigdawg
01-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Pine box**

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 01:53 PM
Man, me too. Damnit.
But the funny thing is, I?m not sure why I?ve been excited about him. I guess the internet did this to me. Whatever the reason, I?m here now. I hope we get him!!

The internet didnt do it to YOU.

You decided to allow it to.

hacker
01-05-2020, 01:55 PM
A lot of people have said he'd have to be dumb to turn down a 4x pay raise. But he'd also be turning down setting up his boys he brings with him with similar pay raises.

TUSK
01-05-2020, 01:55 PM

Did you just go all "pragmatic" on me, 'Digger?

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 01:57 PM

Thanks man.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 02:02 PM
Are you sure it was in Napier's press conference or Brett McMurphy @Stadium reported this? Napier had said he was not speaking to (addressing) the media concerning any future football decisions and was focused on the bowl game.

hacker
01-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Are you sure it was in Napier's press conference or Brett McMurphy @Stadium reported this? Napier had said he was not speaking (addressing) the press concerning any future football decisions and was focused on the bowl game.

It was during his PC

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Our fans freak out at every little tweet, regardless of the fact we've been told that everything we hear this weekend is total BS. I'm ready for Monday night/Tuesday.

Coursesuper
01-05-2020, 02:06 PM
Well, my Granddaddy always said " Boy there's three kinds of folks in this world that you can never believe a word they say, TV preachers, Lawyers and Football Coaches". We shall see if his words still hold true.

MrKotter
01-05-2020, 02:08 PM
Is the contract signed?

As of two days ago he personally said the extension had not been signed

Lumpy Chucklelips
Some of you guys are showing your virginity by your posts. Relax...all is well. And by all means...keep trying to get laid. For all our sakes.

MetEdDawg
Is the contract signed?

No. And their AD verified that a couple days ago

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Did you just go all "pragmatic" on me, 'Digger?

As long as you've known me.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2020, 02:11 PM
So what people have been "hearing" from their "sources" don't seem to be correct.

Well that is surprising.

Yet you keep coming back to lurk.

LOL

SwaggerVance
01-05-2020, 02:11 PM
Some of you guys are showing your virginity by your posts. Relax...all is well. And by all means...keep trying to get laid. For all our sakes.

This is the greatest post ive read on here in days. This place is a desperate melt fest.

MarketingBully
01-05-2020, 02:12 PM
So, our options now:

Cheesedick
Triple option
Triple option
Drunk
Never been a head coach

Those aren’t all our options but I love your melt before you know who we hire.

Turfdawg67
01-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Are you sure it was in Napier's press conference or Brett McMurphy @Stadium reported this? Napier had said he was not speaking to (addressing) the media concerning any future football decisions and was focused on the bowl game.

This one is mandatory, I believe. He's avoided the press when it was a choice.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Our fans freak out at every little tweet, regardless of the fact we've been told that everything we hear this weekend is total BS. I'm ready for Monday night/Tuesday.

He flat out said in a press conference that he was not a candidate for the Mississippi State job. It's not a tweet or someone's opinion. He said it directly at a press conference.

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 02:15 PM
Cheesedick will never be MSU head coach.

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 02:16 PM
Yet you keep coming back to lurk.

LOL

I'm not lurking. I'm actively posting. If you are going to try to insult someone use the right words.

And FWIW this message board is really for entertainment, not information. The purpose of this place is to laugh, not learn.

If you come here for information instead of entertainment, then I hope your heart is blessed, because you clearly do not make good decisions

msstate7
01-05-2020, 02:16 PM
He flat out said in a press conference that he was not a candidate for the Mississippi State job. It's not a tweet or someone's opinion. He said it directly at a press conference.

He's either an outright liar or a random dude on a message board is wrong. Let's all take the random dude's word on it!!!!!

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Billy Napier RE Mississippi State job: “I think it’s fair to say that we’ve made a decision that we are not a candidate for THAT job."

Bc he’s now talking with Baylor, and is a candidate for that job.

Msujd164
01-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Article also says “Napier is known to have interest in higher profile jobs once they come open”

He ain’t coming folks.
https://amp.theadvertiser.com/amp/2819315001?__twitter_impression=true

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2020, 02:20 PM
He's either an outright liar or a random dude on a message board is wrong. Let's all take the random dude's word on it!!!!!

Queue the Bert Stare, "there was a deal and it fell through in the last hour" post.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Billy Napier RE Mississippi State job: ?I think it?s fair to say that we?ve made a decision that we are not a candidate for that job."

Doesn't this usually mean we have found our guy? As in someone different

Turfdawg67
01-05-2020, 02:23 PM
I'm not lurking. I'm actively posting. If you are going to try to insult someone use the right words.

And FWIW this message board is really for entertainment, not information. The purpose of this place is to laugh, not learn.

If you come here for information instead of entertainment, then I hope your heart is blessed, because you clearly do not make good decisions

lol

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Billy Napier RE Mississippi State job: ?I think it?s fair to say that we?ve made a decision that we are not a candidate for that job."

That sounds pretty definitive to me.

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Queue the Bert Stare, "there was a deal and it fell through in the last hour" post.

Yep, probably something like "Baylor called and asked him to wait, but State pressed for an answer, Billy wanted to wait, so everyone parted ways."

deadheaddawg
01-05-2020, 02:36 PM

Yep, probably something like "Baylor called and asked him to wait, but State pressed for an answer, Billy wanted to wait, so everyone parted ways."

And people here will eat it up and buy it Hook line and sinker.