PDA

View Full Version : If cowboys go with Lincoln Riley

msstate7
01-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Who does Oklahoma go with? Could we potentially find ourselves waiting on giants and cowboys to fill their jobs?

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 09:21 AM
Who does Oklahoma go with? Could we potentially find ourselves waiting on giants and cowboys to fill their jobs?

Urban LOL

RiverCityDawg
01-05-2020, 09:46 AM
We'll have Billy hosting official visitors before the Cowboys make a decision.

RougeDawg
01-05-2020, 09:49 AM
I could see the idiot Jerry making this hire. And I can see it blowing up in his face.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2020, 10:23 AM
Urban LOL

Seeing Urban vs the Big 12 would be domination on a scale we've never seen

Dawgface
01-05-2020, 10:38 AM
If Napier says I need to wait a week to see what all shakes out with these 2 NFL teams I imagine Cohen will move to plan B.

basedog
01-05-2020, 10:42 AM
If Napier says I need to wait a week to see what all shakes out with these 2 NFL teams I imagine Cohen will move to plan B.

Yes he obviously has plan B

defiantdog
01-05-2020, 10:46 AM

I could see Oklahoma going after the other stoops..... mark.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2020, 10:47 AM
That whole "waiting on Baylor" is fake news. It's not real.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 10:48 AM
We wont wait- we will hire a coach this week

hacker
01-05-2020, 10:57 AM
We wont wait- we will hire a coach this week

Who you got as our first alternate?

DogsofAnarchy
01-05-2020, 11:11 AM
That whole "waiting on Baylor" is fake news. It's not real.

Absolutely correct!!

Ari Gold
01-05-2020, 11:17 AM
if an AD at a SEC school is willing to pay their Women’s basketball coach 2 million dollars , then the HFC should be making double that. That’s an unwritten common sense rule.

If we aren’t willing to do that, then people need to be replaced....

1bigdawg
01-05-2020, 11:24 AM

Or he may go with another plan A.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2020, 11:26 AM
I'm hoping Jerry hires Mike McCarthy.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 11:31 AM
I'm hoping Jerry hires Mike McCarthy.

Should've got Rivera. Redskins gonna get turned around quickly imo... chase young is gonna give them a 49er level dline

msstate7
01-05-2020, 11:32 AM
I could see Oklahoma going after the other stoops..... mark.

That would be huge for us.

Bothrops
01-05-2020, 11:32 AM
I don't think there's another plan A. It's Napier or big risk guy. Napier is also a risk because I'm not sure the wife will like Starkville after a couple of years. It sounds like she's in love with Lafayette.

hacker
01-05-2020, 11:34 AM
I don't think there's another plan A. It's Napier or big risk guy. Napier is also a risk because I'm not sure the wife will like Starkville after a couple of years. It sounds like she's in love with Lafayette.

The wife always hates Starkville. We need to hire a single coach.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 11:35 AM
The wife always hates Starkville. We need to hire a single coach.

A single man would probably prefer a different location too haha

Dawgface
01-05-2020, 12:15 PM

I imagine the extra $3mil in her purse will ease the pain.

Coach34
01-05-2020, 12:16 PM
Dan Mullen to Dallas

dantheman4248
01-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Should've got Rivera. Redskins gonna get turned around quickly imo... chase young is gonna give them a 49er level dline

I disagree. Washington is a black hole of bad decisions and Chase Young screams Vernon Gholston part 2 to me. 4 sacks against Wisconsin in the regular season doesn't make you an NFL god. He disappeared the final 3 games of the season. Couldn't even replicate the 4 sack performance against Wisconsin. They made him look obsolete after 1 game with him.

And he wasn't even the fact in the Penn State game. That Dline unit as a whole is good. Chase was the one blessed with the stats.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 12:30 PM
I disagree. Washington is a black hole of bad decisions and Chase Young screams Vernon Gholston part 2 to me. 4 sacks against Wisconsin in the regular season doesn't make you an NFL god. He disappeared the final 3 games of the season. Couldn't even replicate the 4 sack performance against Wisconsin. They made him look obsolete after 1 game with him.

And he wasn't even the fact in the Penn State game. That Dline unit as a whole is good. Chase was the one blessed with the stats.

Seems I read this same type commentary here last year when I was saying bosa was gonna be a stud. Young is gonna be great

Coach34
01-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Washington was 6th in the NFL in defense and 31st in offense. If they dont draft an impact player on offense with their pick they deserve to keep being shitty

msstate7
01-05-2020, 12:37 PM
Washington was 6th in the NFL in defense and 31st in offense. If they dont draft an impact player on offense with their pick they deserve to keep being shitty

Who you take at 2 then? Maybe trade down

Coach34
01-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Who you take at 2 then? Maybe trade down

I trade down a couple spots and take Jeudy. He's a legit #1 WR and an absolute impact player. Makes your offense better. Their WR group is not very good at all plus stays hurt. That is the #1 team need. Get an extra 2nd round pick to drop and then draft OL. OL class is pretty good this year.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 12:44 PM
I trade down a couple spots and take Jeudy. He's a legit #1 WR and an absolute impact player. Makes your offense better. Their WR group is not very good at all plus stays hurt. That is the #1 team need. Get an extra 2nd round pick to drop and then draft OL. OL class is pretty good this year.

If I go the trade down/offense approach, I get Andrew Thomas and solidify that OL some. Mclaurin is a #1 WR they got last year... get a #2 with the trade down pick

chef dixon
01-05-2020, 12:44 PM
State and OU coaching pool would not overlap

msstate7
01-05-2020, 12:46 PM
State and OU coaching pool would not overlap

Well obviously. Who Oklahoma poaches from is who I'm talking about

dantheman4248
01-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Seems I read this same type commentary here last year when I was saying bosa was gonna be a stud. Young is gonna be great

They're different kinds of players. I really see Chase's ceiling as maybe what Clowney is but he's not as much of an athletic freak as Clowney was. He's not a guy you take in the 1st round IMO. The Bosa boys were obvious beasts. They had the strength AND technique to be successful in the NFL. Look beyond the stats and actually watch him play. He disappears and is beat 1 on 1 in college way way too much.

If I'm the Redskins I trade down or I look at drafting a guy like Derrick Brown or whatever OT ends up being at the top of the board. Solid line play is the foundation in the NFL. Can never have too much.

msstate7
01-05-2020, 12:52 PM
They're different kinds of players. I really see Chase's ceiling as maybe what Clowney is but he's not as much of an athletic freak as Clowney was. He's not a guy you take in the 1st round IMO. The Bosa boys were obvious beasts. They had the strength AND technique to be successful in the NFL. Look beyond the stats and actually watch him play. He disappears and is beat 1 on 1 in college way way too much.

If I'm the Redskins I trade down or I look at drafting a guy like Derrick Brown or whatever OT ends up being at the top of the board. Solid line play is the foundation in the NFL. Can never have too much.

Not even a 1st rounder, huh? Not sure we talking about the same player.

I can certainly see trading down now though bc they have no 2nd round pick. I'd take young though. Rivera is gonna get 2-3 years at least, so build a championship level dline right out the gate

Coach34
01-05-2020, 12:59 PM
It's a crime to draft a QB in the 1st round and then give him Terry McLaurin and Steve Sims Jr as his best WR targets

You're already good on D. They already have a pass-rusher in a guy named Sweat. Need impact guy on offense and improve the OL. You can always go FA to help improve the DL

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 01:01 PM

This is exactly what I would do. Jeudy may be ROY next year. He is absolutely the best WR to come out in a few years.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 01:02 PM
Dan Mullen to Dallas

If so do we grab grantham as DC

was21
01-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Blake Anderson...sad for him losing his wife