PDA

View Full Version : Yet another severe event on the horizon

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2020, 08:20 AM
I know while I'm typing this that it'll get buried in all the threads about who the next coach will be and Howland sucks threads, but the SPC has issued a day 7 advisory for severe weather for basically all of MS and AL next Saturday. Still a little too early to be discussing what modes of severe weather, but a day 7 advisory is pretty rare. Not unheard of, but rare. Now, this doesn't mean it will be an outbreak because they issued one this early. It does mean that enough models are signaling severe weather this far out that they're confident enough to mention it...which does sometimes mean a higher end event than what we've seen the last few weeks.

Ok, back to guessing on the next coach.

Dawgbite
01-05-2020, 08:25 AM
Thanks, keep us updated.

RocketDawg
01-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Well, we certainly need some more rainfall. **

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Really appreciate these threads. I send them to my family immediately so they can at least be alert about the situation.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2020, 09:34 AM
Thanks. I appreciate it

Jack Lambert
01-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Well, we certainly need some more rainfall. **

Come July we will be missing the rain.

Dawgology
01-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Thank god. I was afraid my mud would dry out!

Churchill
01-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up

West Tn Dawg
01-05-2020, 01:24 PM
:(

Indndawg
01-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Svegas....when do you see a pattern change. Tired of these Pac systems with days on end of rain. Like to see some cold air come down and suppress this garbage coming outta the GoM?

msudawg1200
01-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Svegas....when do you see a pattern change. Tired of these Pac systems with days on end of rain. Like to see some cold air come down and suppress this garbage coming outta the GoM?

Screw cold weather. I?ll take rain and 65 over sunny and 40 any day. I hate cold weather!!!!!

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 01:51 PM
I know while I'm typing this that it'll get buried in all the threads about who the next coach will be and Howland sucks threads, but the SPC has issued a day 7 advisory for severe weather for basically all of MS and AL next Saturday. Still a little too early to be discussing what modes of severe weather, but a day 7 advisory is pretty rare. Not unheard of, but rare. Now, this doesn't mean it will be an outbreak because they issued one this early. It does mean that enough models are signaling severe weather this far out that they're confident enough to mention it...which does sometimes mean a higher end event than what we've seen the last few weeks.

Ok, back to guessing on the next coach.

keeping it bumped, cause this is news that matters from people that know what the f they are talking about

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks Vegas. I appreciate the weather alerts on here.

parabrave
01-05-2020, 02:04 PM
According to WPC precip forecast map Southhaven area to see the worst of it.

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 02:06 PM
Screw cold weather. I?ll take rain and 65 over sunny and 40 any day. I hate cold weather!!!!!

You must not deer hunt. Give me sunny and 40 any day, and I'll give you deer meat.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-05-2020, 02:11 PM
I hope your sources are better than most on here.****

Seriously, thanks for keeping us updated on things like this.

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2020, 02:30 PM
I hope your sources are better than most on here.****

Seriously, thanks for keeping us updated on things like this.

Not sure if my sources are better, but I can at least reveal who they are.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2020, 05:38 PM
To take a break from whether or not BertStare is full of shit or not, here is the latest on this weekend. Latest model runs have started to come into agreement on timing which looks to be Saturday afternoon. Dynamics are coming together for this to possibly be a significant severe weather event. The low pressure system is expected to take on a negative tilt which will increase wind shear and help pump warm moist air into the region. With timing now looking to coincide with peak daytime heating it could make for an eventful day. I'm hoping by Wednesday to have a better grasp on things as the medium range models start to pick up on it.