PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 07:41 AM
When is the last time we hired a sitting HC that had to finish out a bowl game?
I really feel like times are a fix in to change...

basedog
01-05-2020, 07:45 AM
When is the last time we hired a sitting HC that had to finish out a bowl game?
I really feel like times are a fix in to change...

JWS and Emory are the only two that I know we ever hired as HC and both were unemployed when we did that.

3rdGen
01-05-2020, 08:03 AM
I hope you’re right!!!! HAILSTATE!!

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 08:08 AM
JWS and Emory are the only two that I know we ever hired as HC and both were unemployed when we did that.

That's what I was thinking. Times is a changin

basedog
01-05-2020, 08:17 AM
That's what I was thinking. Times is a changin

Most don't want to understand about our football history, but it tells the story of where we have been, fans today have no clue how really bad our program once was. It's day and night different now days, yes it needs to continue to improve and I believe it will. But catching up with the so call "blue bloods", probably want but we should have success.

I believe from what things are pointing to, we will have our third and only HC with a job hired in a few days.

Btw, I think Cohen is smart to interview any Coach while we wait, it shows just in case he needs a quick back up plan, exposes our program to other coaches, gives him better insight on coaches, plus with dealing some "agent" he shows he ain't just giving in to everything. Agents are pretty smart, they push the "envelop", seems Cohen is toying with at least one right now. Smart I think.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 08:46 AM
Most don't want to understand about our football history, but it tells the story of where we have been, fans today have no clue how really bad our program once was. It's day and night different now days, yes it needs to continue to improve and I believe it will. But catching up with the so call "blue bloods", probably want but we should have success.

I believe from what things are pointing to, we will have our third and only HC with a job hired in a few days.

Btw, I think Cohen is smart to interview any Coach while we wait, it shows just in case he needs a quick back up plan, exposes our program to other coaches, gives him better insight on coaches, plus with dealing some "agent" he shows he ain't just giving in to everything. Agents are pretty smart, they push the "envelop", seems Cohen is toying with at least one right now. Smart I think.

Agree. As much as some of us have gotten frustrated with JC, I feel like coaches like working with him because he is a coach and not some pretty boy in a suit. Joe and he had a great relationship. I think him meeting other coaches helps the coaching fraternity realize we can be a good place to come work. And that will always pay back.