PDA

View Full Version : Here is what I know...

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 03:35 PM
This post goes in line with Shotgun's post but I wanted to separate it so it didn't get lost on the 4th page of another thread.

This is fact: To make a long story short - About 4 years ago a group of high level highly influential Ole Miss guys got together and strategically put together and marketing and media strategy to help boost Ole Miss Athletics. A few items on this list were:

1.) Help boost the town of oxford through strategic development opportunities and helping promote the town through specific media outlets

2.) Get rid of Colonel Reb and help re brand their mascot in ways that could not be used against them.

3.) Get the media on their side. Substantial donations were made and a plan was put in place to put Ole Miss alums in influential positions throughout the media outlets.

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to have our fans turn on our coaching staff and weaken MSU from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

Everything done to this point has been a very well executed plan and WE ARE HELPING THEM FACILITATE THIS PLAN. All of this negative bullshit has to stop.

corona con lima
10-31-2013, 03:39 PM
We have met the enemy and he is us.

BeastMan
10-31-2013, 03:40 PM
In summary, if I'm negative, I'm a closet rebel.

MrKotter
10-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Some people will fall for anything

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-31-2013, 03:49 PM
MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to literally have our own fans weaken our program from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

Everything done to this point has been a very well executed plan and WE ARE HELPING THEM FACILITATE THIS PLAN. All of this negative bullshit has to stop.

Uhhhh...ok

Political Hack
10-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Any ole miss people working in our compliance department?

gravedigger
10-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Wait just one damn minute. You mean to tell me that I SHOULDNT have let forward rebels have that chip implanted in my brain even though they paid me?

Can't trust anyone. I'm so embarrassed.

SignalToNoise
10-31-2013, 04:04 PM
You might want to put on a tinfoil hat and go hide in the basement. Don't want the gestapo rebels reading your thoughts.

bluelightstar
10-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Hilarious

engie
10-31-2013, 04:09 PM
In summary, if I'm negative, I'm a closet rebel.

Yep. Me too...

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Can these same OM people try and fix the national deficit?

These must be the smartest sonsabitches on the planet.

Now should MSU possibly pay media outlets to hire MSU students? Possibly yes

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 04:14 PM
MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to literally have our own fans weaken our program from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

http://replygif.net/i/1084.gif

maroonmania
10-31-2013, 04:22 PM
This post goes in line with Shotgun's post but I wanted to separate it so it didn't get lost on the 4th page of another thread.

This is fact: To make a long story short - About 4 years ago a group of high level highly influential Ole Miss guys got together and strategically put together and marketing and media strategy to help boost Ole Miss Athletics. A few items on this list were:

1.) Help boost the town of oxford through strategic development opportunities and helping promote the town through specific media outlets

2.) Get rid of Colonel Reb and help re brand their mascot in ways that could not be used against them.

3.) Get the media on their side. Substantial donations were made and a plan was put in place to put Ole Miss alums in influential positions throughout the media outlets.

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

Let me just say this and its been true for as long as I can remember. The diehard Rebel boosters (the ones that count) want to be better than us WAY more than the MSU boosters of note want to be better than them. We certainly have more boosters and fans that care now than we did back in the 70s and 80s but the gap is still there. Whenever MSU shows any signs of passing them up they will go to all lengths to improve themselves AND bring us down. Nothing has changed about that. It was shocking and inventive at the time for a school to hire PIs to dig up recruiting dirt on another school but that is EXACTLY what OM did to Jackie and us back in the late 90s that started our downfall then. I've said it many times that there are many things the big time OM boosters can live with but MSU having a better football program than they do is NOT one of them.

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Hilarious

Hilarious that they thought it would work.
Embarrassing that it could be.

Unfortunately, I'm connected to some very influential Ole Miss Alums who have been telling me this for a while. I called bullshit.

I'm starting to believe they aren't bullshitting.

BeastMan
10-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Augusta you are more than welcome to your opinion and I enjoy differing viewpoints. I'm just always weary of these things. I know some big OM and State boosters and we never discuss football besides anything lighthearted. It just trips me out how so many mb posters all have very influential friends that they discuss state and om recruiting strategy with. I could never imagine myself doing that. It's kind of funny to me. Like WTF?

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-31-2013, 04:48 PM

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

Your Ole Miss buddies are currently laughing their ass off at you. Just saying...

MrKotter
10-31-2013, 04:57 PM

Unfortunately, I'm connected to some very influential Ole Miss Alums who have been telling me this for a while. I called bullshit.

Falling for their bs is worse than the shit you accuse people on here of.

CJDAWG85
10-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Falling for their bs is worse than the shit you accuse people on here of.

Gentlemen.... We have a winner!!!!

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Augusta you are more than welcome to your opinion and I enjoy differing viewpoints. I'm just always weary of these things. I know some big OM and State boosters and we never discuss football besides anything lighthearted. It just trips me out how so many mb posters all have very influential friends that they discuss state and om recruiting strategy with. I could never imagine myself doing that. It's kind of funny to me. Like WTF?

Winner

HancockCountyDog
10-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Yep. Me too...

Well the QB counter with Russell on 3rd and 3 had to be called by a Rebel fan.

Ronny
10-31-2013, 05:20 PM
...but you sound like a conspiracy theorist crackpot when you post foolishness like this:

What the **** can the average idiot at Ole Miss do to weaken MSU from within? They are as stupid & incompetent as we are. Ole Miss is not the CIA. They are a bunch of irresponsible, carefree ****-offs just like 75% of any college campus.

And don't tell me all this is carried out by a secret, high tech Ole Miss hit squad who meets in secret fields so they will not be detected. Here they hash out their plans and polish up their manifesto.

Go that route & you you'll seem even more of a conspiracy theorist crackpot.

EAVdog
10-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Kailo Moore, Nick Brassell, and Tobias Singleton all say hi.

They work their PR to counter anything we are doing. And that is on a University level. I'm sure it was not lost on everyone that right after we announced our football stadium addition they came out with their very own 'addition plan' that already had 75 Million Dollars in the bank, blah blah blah. See the renderings lately? It was all a lie. They haven't paid off the scoreboard and can't even tear it down since it was a bond item. They had to borrow all the 80 million for the Basketball Arena!

They are kings of puffing out their chests and playing the PR game.

bully99
10-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Next thing you gonna tell me that shep Smith likes to bend over. Is bracky a closet rebel too .

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Kailo Moore, Nick Brassell, and Tobias Singleton all say hi.

They work their PR to counter anything we are doing. And that is on a University level. I'm sure it was not lost on everyone that right after we announced our football stadium addition they came out with their very own 'addition plan' that already had 75 Million Dollars in the bank, blah blah blah. See the renderings lately? It was all a lie. They haven't paid off the scoreboard and can't even tear it down since it was a bond item. They had to borrow all the 80 million for the Basketball Arena!

They are kings of puffing out their chests and playing the PR game.

Right...from where? Hell Kailo Moore is nothing but a track star anyway

TheRef
10-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Just when I thought AugustaDawg couldn't get any worse, he posts this....*facepalm*
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Go+home+Giraffe+You+re+drunk....+Description_291c7 8_4202108.jpg

bgdog
10-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Holy shit I hope you just made this up. I have some bad news if some ole miss fan actually told you this, he is not your friend, he has been going out of his way to see how ****ing stupid you are and laughing about it with all of his friends (at you, not with you).

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 06:20 PM

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to have our fans turn on our coaching staff and weaken MSU from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

SMALL EDIT

PendingTransaction
10-31-2013, 06:46 PM
Shitty Football is what has fans "turning" on our coach. Your theory holds water if Mullen was paid $20 million to be a part of the strategy.

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Holy shit I hope you just made this up. I have some bad news if some ole miss fan actually told you this, he is not your friend, he has been going out of his way to see how ****ing stupid you are and laughing about it with all of his friends (at you, not with you).

If a friend of mine told me this I would tell him to STFU. As I said, I had a connection with these gentleman through a business relationship in which does not exist anymore. These conversations were between some highly influential Ole Miss Alums behind closed doors when I was working directly with Gov. Barbour during his term.

I am not pumping bullshit up your ass.

Am I looking to far into this? Probably.

Have they been successful in the first three things mentioned? Absolutely.

Just something to think about.

paindawg
10-31-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry but that is a crazy story.....if we simply win, that nonsense would not even pop up. It's always easier to blame others for our own demise, but this all boils down to a leadership and coaching issue. Win and we wouldn't be talking about this garbage.

Political Hack
10-31-2013, 08:29 PM
weird, my ole miss friends won't even talk about football with me.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2013, 08:34 PM

I'm embarrassed for you and I'm embarrassed for this board that this post hasn't been deleted yet.

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 08:35 PM
I work with a bunch of doctors everyday- neurosurgeons, orthopedic spine surgeons, anesthesia pain management. I always ask the Ole Miss guys what they do to get all this great talent. They tell me all of their deep dark secrets and they ask that I share them on this message board. Sometime when I have the time to type up all that bullshit- i'll make sure to do that for you guys and post it.

Until then...eat my ass with a spoon.

EAVdog
10-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Right...from where? Hell Kailo Moore is nothing but a track star anyway

The point is that Kailo Moore was instructed to commit to State only to de-commit later. Everyone knew it. Yancy even told everyone when it would happen. So while the OP was a bit far fetched Ole Miss, their message boards, someone has been playing games with us for years. Hell Yancy wrote a story about Quay Evans when he was in the 10th grade and had quoted SPS with comments some posters made saying he could not read.

This kind of stuff has been going on forever. Call me a sheep all you want but you go to any other SEC teams fan pages and all you see is "all in" togetherness happy sunshine pumping bullshit. And most of those teams recruit a whole lot better than we do. And it's not just the posters. Our own writers do shit like write up expose's on Byron Fat Ass Devinner and our posters eat that shit up wanting every scrap of dirty laundry aired out in public and all over the internet.

And just in case anyone thinks that message boards are not important and what is said here goes nowhere, the Penn State Pedophilia broke over a comment on a message board. Hell Joe Shad makes a living reporting rumors from Tiger Droppings. I know some recruits parents and our stud QB's commits coach has posted on this website.

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 08:55 PM
The point is that Kailo Moore was instructed to commit to State only to de-commit later. Everyone knew it. Yancy even told everyone when it would happen. So while the OP was a bit far fetched Ole Miss, their message boards, someone has been playing games with us for years. Hell Yancy wrote a story about Quay Evans when he was in the 10th grade and had quoted SPS with comments some posters made saying he could not read.

This kind of stuff has been going on forever. Call me a sheep all you want but you go to any other SEC teams fan pages and all you see is "all in" togetherness happy sunshine pumping bullshit. And most of those teams recruit a whole lot better than we do. And it's not just the posters. Our own writers do shit like write up expose's on Byron Fat Ass Devinner and our posters eat that shit up wanting every scrap of dirty laundry aired out in public and all over the internet.

And just in case anyone thinks that message boards are not important and what is said here goes nowhere, the Penn State Pedophilia broke over a comment on a message board. Hell Joe Shad makes a living reporting rumors from Tiger Droppings. I know some recruits parents and our stud QB's commits coach has posted on this website.

My point is you referenced three players that hare having zero impact in making their team better right now. Who gives a shit what Yancy did and how they were directed to handle their recruitment? If you think our coaching staff isn't fully aware of these things 90% of the time, then you are sadly mistaken.

And if you don't think we don't do the same thing to UM with recruits...then you've gone full retard. I could name several to you right now just from the last few years.

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm embarrassed for you and I'm embarrassed for this board that this post hasn't been deleted yet.

Same can be said for the daily "Fire Dan Mullen" posts. Very rarely do I post on here, but when the board becomes as lopsided as it had someone has to get on here and direct your "let's see who can come up with the most smart ass comments" elsewhere.
We are in much better shape with those comments directed towards me and not our head coach during the middle of our season with some very important football games coming up.

EAVdog
10-31-2013, 09:15 PM
My point is you referenced three players that hare having zero impact in making their team better right now. Who gives a shit what Yancy did and how they were directed to handle their recruitment? If you think our coaching staff isn't fully aware of these things 90% of the time, then you are sadly mistaken.

And if you don't think we don't do the same thing to UM with recruits...then you've gone full retard. I could name several to you right now just from the last few years.

Please name me several recruits that we have instructed to commit to Ole Miss only to decommit late in the process to intentionally create chaos in recruiting.

Those players are not big losses, but I'll be damned if having CJ Johnson wouldn't be nice. And yes he got caught up in what they called 'The Mississippi Homerun' (they even have nicknames for the shit they run on us). It didn't help Nutt but sure ****ed us pretty good losing a great player.

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 09:19 PM
This post goes

You lost me here

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Please name me several recruits that we have instructed to commit to Ole Miss only to decommit late in the process to intentionally create chaos in recruiting.

Those players are not big losses, but I'll be damned if having CJ Johnson wouldn't be nice. And yes he got caught up in what they called 'The Mississippi Homerun' (they even have nicknames for the shit they run on us). It didn't help Nutt but sure ****ed us pretty good losing a great player.

Saying "could" and actually "doing" are two very different things. I'm not throwing any names out on a message board. I don't care to be a message board hero. I'm just telling you that we have had recruits in the recent past tease UM, intentionally.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Same can be said for the daily "Fire Dan Mullen" posts. Very rarely do I post on here, but when the board becomes as lopsided as it had someone has to get on here and direct your "let's see who can come up with the most smart ass comments" elsewhere.
We are in much better shape with those comments directed towards me and not our head coach during the middle of our season with some very important football games coming up.

Coach Mullen appreciates you being the lightning rod for him and deflecting attention by making moronic posts on an obscure message board. Keep up the good work. I almost forgot we were 5-8 in our last 13.

engie
10-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Augusta has done enough here in these 2-3 threads to deserve a title, IMO...

Maroonthirteen
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Some of y'all are naive. Most of their money guys remember the 60s. They will not stand for State to be better than them at football.

But dont believe it.... You think it is a coincedence that Tommy Kelley and Hollywood Wright flip from OM then we end with recruiting violations from their recruitment. You ever heard of a handler with a car full of recruits "getting lost" driving to Oxford? You think it is a coincidence Devinner has about 3 boys at OM and one at State but only ran his mouth about the player at State? This is just a few examples.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2013, 09:44 PM

MISSIONary?

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 09:46 PM
MISSIONary?

I can live with that.

I like "The Movement"

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 09:51 PM

suggestions?

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 10:00 PM
suggestions?

How bout "Mel Gibson"? He was in the movie Conspiracy Theory.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2013, 10:03 PM
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32060&d=1380835150

AugustaDawg
10-31-2013, 10:13 PM
The more I think about it, if y'all give me a nickname I will feel obligated to post more. Frankly, I don't want to do that and y'all don't want me to either.

I have not gotten shit done at work the past few days and my wife is starting to bitch at me for spending more time on "EliteDawgs" than paying any attention to her.

Unless I catch a wild hair, I'm going back to "viewer only" mode.

You're welcome and Go Dogs!

Behrdawg
10-31-2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32060&d=1380835150

hahaha. That would be a good sig

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 10:15 PM
The more I think about it, if y'all give me a nickname I will feel obligated to post more. Frankly, I don't want to do that and y'all don't want me to either.

I have not gotten shit done at work the past few days and my wife is starting to bitch at me for spending more time on "EliteDawgs" than paying any attention to her.

Ha don't give up so easy Mel.

engie
10-31-2013, 10:17 PM
The REAL Jerry Fletcher**

Dawg61
10-31-2013, 10:29 PM
The REAL Jerry Fletcher**

Gold!

HoopsDawg
10-31-2013, 10:33 PM

Thanks bud!

hacker
10-31-2013, 10:54 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/589/398/f32.jpg

J-Dawg
11-01-2013, 08:23 AM

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

No, helping them facilitate it is posts like this. Empowering them by acting like they are the illuminati or Freemasons controlling the world.

BulldogBear
11-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Spooner

maroonmania
11-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Some of y'all are naive. Most of their money guys remember the 60s. They will not stand for State to be better than them at football.

But dont believe it.... You think it is a coincedence that Tommy Kelley and Hollywood Wright flip from OM then we end with recruiting violations from their recruitment. You ever heard of a handler with a car full of recruits "getting lost" driving to Oxford? You think it is a coincidence Devinner has about 3 boys at OM and one at State but only ran his mouth about the player at State? This is just a few examples.

Hey, I have no clue how much validity there is to the OM 'schemes' that were posted by a agree that its naive to just blow it all off that they don't work behind the scenes to make certain things happen. ANY school who has boosters that would hire private investigators to put another school on probation is capable of just about anything. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that certain OM boosters will go to whatever length is necessary to keep the OM football program ahead of MSU. And to be honest, the other sports they can take or leave, its not nearly as big a deal to them.