PDA

View Full Version : Todd Grantham is not a SEC HC

Rex54
01-04-2020, 10:32 PM
He isn't "coach O" - that is a very unique and specific circumstance in a unique and specific place and cannot be replicated anywhere else. The "Coach O" situation is not just some meat head rah rah guy in charge..

Behrdawg
01-04-2020, 11:43 PM
Still waiting on your reason as to why he isn't an "SEC HC".

HoopsDawg
01-04-2020, 11:46 PM
Hot Take: I kind of like Chizik.

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 11:54 PM
You know .. I'm warming up to Grantham some. He really wants to be in Vegas and if he could work the Ogre model and find top notch OC .. he might could turn out good.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2020, 12:02 AM
You know .. I'm warming up to Grantham some. He really wants to be in Vegas and if he could work the Ogre model and find top notch OC .. he might could turn out good.

Yeah, he interviewed and wanted the job when Mullen left, but we were looking for an OC Offensive Guru and not a DC.

LoneStarDawg
01-05-2020, 12:04 AM

I want to get on board with this, but can?t help but wonder why never had a head job before now.

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 12:10 AM
Why would anyone want Grantham over Chizik? Chizik has won a national title.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 12:18 AM

He's also not even holding a coaching job right now.

sbt45
01-05-2020, 12:40 AM

Why would any power 5 school want either one to be HC. The answer they wouldn?t. Please give it up. We aren?t hiring either

gravedigger
01-05-2020, 12:57 AM

How many seasons has Chizik been passed over by every open job?

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2020, 01:01 AM

He also went 4-8 at AU which is nearly impossible to do.

When you steal the greatest college QB of all time and he wins you a national title, I’m not sure you get a ton of credit.

Chiz is a poor Man’s Les Miles and I think Miles sucks.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2020, 03:00 AM
Grantham could absolutely be a SEC HC. I would argue he is more proven than Chizik even without being a HC. Chizik rode Cam Newton to a natty then went 3-9 and got fired. Chizik is trash and was trash at ISU.

Grantham is a great fit for us and he would win. We would be tough as shit and we would have one of the best defenses in the country every year. He needs a legit OC but if we gave him the money he could find it. He is very well respected and for good reason. I am all in on TG. So are our players. That should tell you enough right there

Dawgfan77
01-05-2020, 08:05 AM
He is a hot head had butted heads with NFL owners HCs and players. He hates, HATES recruiting and will not put an emphasis on it. Hard pass on Todd as HC

msstate7
01-05-2020, 08:13 AM

This decision to me is kind of like do I want my little toe smashed with a 2-lb hammer or my pinkie finger cut off with a butter knife. Nevertheless, I'd choose chizik in this hopefully hypothetical

basedog
01-05-2020, 08:23 AM
I laugh thinking about my Au buddy talking about chizik, very arrogant dude, doesn't seem to be a good fit for Msu as HC, he talked bad smack about us over the Cam deal, I can't get over that thought, screw him plus it ain't happening.
I like Grantham as a DC.

BB30
01-05-2020, 09:05 AM
Problem I see with grantham is can we keep continuity on the offensive side of the ball. We have struggled keeping asst. coaches. If he ends up with a revolving door at the OC position we will struggle. Replacing a DC every couple years is easier than a good OC.

Regardless of how much we pay if we land a good up and coming OC there is a good chance he leaves after a year or two for a HC job or even another coordinator job.

You have got to be able to score points and the thought of changing offenses every 2 years doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies.

R2Dawg
01-05-2020, 09:48 AM
He's also not even holding a coaching job right now.

Not saying Chizik is guy but JWS didn't have a job when we hired him either and he did pretty good. Saban came from the Pro game. Urban Meyer didn't have a job when OSU hired him. That is not a show stopper. Watching his comments on SECN, I am warmer to the idea of him more than 5-10 years ago.

Lance Harbor
01-05-2020, 10:09 AM
"an SEC coach"

moron

He isn't "coach O" - that is a very unique and specific circumstance in a unique and specific place and cannot be replicated anywhere else. The "Coach O" situation is not just some meat head rah rah guy in charge..

HoopsDawg
01-05-2020, 10:12 AM
I think Chizik would be a good CEO. Much better than Grantham.