PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State Women's Basketball Rotation

jdelta02
01-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Main Rotation appears (at this point) trending towards.....
(Starters)
- Jordan Danberry
- Rickea Jackson
- Myah Taylor
- Chloe Bibby
- Jessika Carter
(First substitutions)
Xaria Wiggins
Yemiyah Morris
JaMya Mingo-Young
(Next 2)
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Aliyah Matharu/Jayla Hemingway/Promise Taylor

Subject to change

Rickea Jackson- My opinion, potentially Miss. State Women's Basketball version of Dontae' Jones. She brings her A game going down the stretch of the season (including post season)....look out.

Keep an eye on Yemiyah Morris. My opinion, she has shown flashes of being very effective against the bigger, better frontcourts....this, going back to her play at the World University Games, against teams like Australia (big talented frontcourt). Miss State benefits greatly from Morris continuing to step up, play well moving forward. Promise Taylor starting to come on a good bit more as well. This group continues to improve...better helps the stoutness of the overall frontcourt....especially with A. Boston and South Carolina's big, talented, and deep frontcourt coming up later on the schedule. Tennesse appears bigger and better in the post as well. LSU...really good power forward....strong, tough.

MabenMaroon
01-04-2020, 10:40 PM
Did you leave out Andi E-H for some reason? She will get her shot back at some point and she is good at taking charges and maintaining defensive consistency when she is playing meaningful minutes.
Rickea will be better than Victoria when all is said and done, Jessica has the skill set and athleticism to compare to A'ja Wilson, if she doesn't back down or lose confidence along the way. Got to have a lot of mental toughness to compete in the paint. I think Coach Johnnie has the knack for getting it out of the bigs.
You are right about Yemiyah, she will be stud by the end of the season and very important to our success.

WSOPdawg
01-04-2020, 11:11 PM
Glad we have this season to watch this team grow. I definitely think they can make the Sweet 16 and maybe even the Elite 8 if they get the right draw.

But next year should allow Vic to move our team back into a legitimate #1 seed contender as (1) Carter should take a major jump in her junior year as one of nation's most dominant bigs, (2) Bibby will be a senior and another year recovered from her knee injury, (3) Rickea should have established herself as the team's #1 option (ala Victoria Viviens). But again, this season should still be fun as we watch our WBB team grow and develop that team chemistry.

jdelta02
01-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Xaria Wiggins earning the minutes. She and JaMya Mingo-Young help the team bring defensive pressure. Tremendous pressure at times. Makes offensive plays as well. These are key to her being ahead of Espinoza-Hunter and Mingo-Young ahead of Matharu. Coach Schaefer knows he has shooters, but...also, that this pressure defense is a huge key to this team.