PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hudspeth

dantheman4248
01-04-2020, 03:19 PM
This is a different question concerning Hud and one that I haven't heard tossed around.

The last two times we have hired a new coach he was brought in to be on staff. Is this a possibility if we hire Napier? I think his mind is a great addition to the coaching staff regardless if it's at HC/OC/AHC/PGC or what have you.

I also wonder since some people were adamant Joe was willing to accept giving an OC full autonomy was Hud on that list of names for OC?

Coach34
01-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Head will highly unlikely give up a head job to be a coordinator

RiverCityDawg
01-04-2020, 03:23 PM
I don't see Hud being anything other than a head coach at this point in his career unless he can't get a head coaching job even at the FCS level. I certainly don't see him leaving AP to be the OC for the guy that replaced him at UL and I also don't see Napier hiring him. Napier will most likely bring along his OC/OL coach who is his best friend, unless that guy gets the UL head job.

dantheman4248
01-04-2020, 03:24 PM

Not that i'm disagreeing with that notion, but he left HC jobs the last two times he came here. (Yes one was unwillingly but I'm creating my narrative here so we're ignoring that part.)

Leroy Jenkins
01-04-2020, 03:26 PM

I wouldn't think so either...... but he's making 265K as a HC and will triple that as an assistant here. And he would get to come home, so I don't know. It all depends on what is important to him/his family.

Coach34
01-04-2020, 03:30 PM
Not that i'm disagreeing with that notion, but he left HC jobs the last two times he came here. (Yes one was unwillingly but I'm creating my narrative here so we're ignoring that part.)

1st time was because it was D-II. And had Mullen turned us down- Hud was going to be the HC
2nd time? Needed a job. He was leaving for the 1st HC job he could get

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 03:30 PM
It doesn’t fit his personality to just be an assistant coach unless that’s his only option. He wants to run his own program his way.

WinningIsRelentless
01-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Word within college coaching circles is HUD isn?t a P5 OC.

msbulldog
01-04-2020, 03:44 PM
I could get behind Hud.

OLJWales
01-04-2020, 04:00 PM
Not understanding all the "never Hud" comments; like there's "No Way"; I guess I missed the memo on whatever skeletons he may have in the closet; dude's a proven coach

SwaggerVance
01-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Not understanding all the "never Hud" comments; like there's "No Way"; I guess I missed the memo on whatever skeletons he may have in the closet; dude's a proven coach

Echo chamber. Someone heard something from someone, then monkey see, monkey do, they repeat it. i.e. "hud is not a P5 coach". No evidence to back that statement up. All evidence points to the contrary.

was21
01-04-2020, 06:26 PM
And every time he was a cancer

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-04-2020, 06:50 PM
I've heard we're not even interviewing Hud

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 07:10 PM
I've heard there is a billboard up wanting us to bring him home.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 07:11 PM

Probably don't have to interview him for long. I think it only happens if a bunch of things fall through.

Cooterpoot
01-04-2020, 07:13 PM
Rumor is Hud burned a bridge.

ScoobaDawg
01-04-2020, 07:18 PM
I've heard there is a billboard up wanting us to bring him home.

dantheman4248
01-04-2020, 07:23 PM
1st time was because it was D-II. And had Mullen turned us down- Hud was going to be the HC
2nd time? Needed a job. He was leaving for the 1st HC job he could get

Yea I got you. Just wanted to know if the possibility of him on staff existed or not. I definitely think had we gone the OC route and kept Moorhead he would have come in to be "HCIW" at the OC role of at least heavily considered.

HaggardDawg
01-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Word within college coaching circles is HUD isn?t a P5 OC.

NFL circles as well

WinningIsRelentless
01-04-2020, 07:45 PM

If I was the president or ad I would call and tell them the University wouldn?t spend another dime with them if they didn?t have that crap down in a hour.

fader2103
01-04-2020, 08:32 PM
If I was the president or ad I would call and tell them the University wouldn?t spend another dime with them if they didn?t have that crap down in a hour.

Wouldn't do business with who? They don't know who paid for it. What if it was a strong booster?

Charlie_Sheen420
01-04-2020, 08:40 PM

If that?s true, and Napier isn?t hired, the administration is a joke. The guy deserves an interview if Napier hasn?t agreed to a deal already, he?s earned that much

RougeDawg
01-04-2020, 08:42 PM
Hud is definitely on the short list for backup plans. Be patient. At least another 48-60 hours.

PGHBulldogBG
01-04-2020, 08:42 PM
Hud deserves the job. Hire him now. We missed on Neal Brown last cycle. Let’s not mess this up

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 08:56 PM

Yeah. There would be several fall through before he would interview him. And that?s not a guarantee. He is going have to work his way back up and clear up some stuff before getting a legit chance here. From everything else Ive heard

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 08:57 PM
If that?s true, and Napier isn?t hired, the administration is a joke. The guy deserves an interview if Napier hasn?t agreed to a deal already, he?s earned that much

What has he earned? He is a good coach but has not earned a shot at our job. Not right now he hasn’t.

Coach34
01-04-2020, 09:02 PM
There are at least 5 people ahead of Hud. I like Mark alot but we arent hiring him unless alot of shit goes South

Charlie_Sheen420
01-04-2020, 09:07 PM
What has he earned? He is a good coach but has not earned a shot at our job. Not right now he hasn’t.

His record speaks for itself and that’s after the bs NCAA sanctions and vacating wins which wasn’t on him, he had a bad staff member. He’s been on staff here twice (was the brains behind the auburn plan last year) and to me seems like the perfect fit, would be successful and wouldn’t leave for any other job. What is going to happen is we are going to dick around and not even interview him, and by our luck will eventually end up at somewhere like Arkansas or Kentucky and will kick our ass every year, kinda similar to Kermit Davis in basketball

BuckyIsAB****
01-04-2020, 09:16 PM

He hasnt gotten one and isnt on the list of one. Wasnt even considered

Charlie_Sheen420
01-04-2020, 09:17 PM
There are at least 5 people ahead of Hud. I like Mark alot but we arent hiring him unless alot of shit goes South

Are you telling me someone like Joe Judge is in front of HUD at this point? If true and we don’t land Napier, that tells me all I need to know, this will be a $***show...

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 09:19 PM
His record speaks for itself and that’s after the bs NCAA sanctions and vacating wins which wasn’t on him, he had a bad staff member. He’s been on staff here twice (was the brains behind the auburn plan last year) and to me seems like the perfect fit, would be successful and wouldn’t leave for any other job. What is going to happen is we are going to dick around and not even interview him, and by our luck will eventually end up at somewhere like Arkansas or Kentucky and will kick our ass every year, kinda similar to Kermit Davis in basketball

Again, he is a good coach. I like him personally. He and Johnson did absolutely game plan that Auburn game last season. Great job with that.

Here is the problem with ULL, he knew exactly who Saunders was and what he would do in recruiting. Everybody from high school coaches through the college ranks all across the state knew exactly how he operated. So did Hud and I know he was talked to about how big of a risk it would be bringing him on board. He did anyway knowing exactly who Saunders was. It wasn’t just a mistake from a rouge coach. He got what he wanted to help elevate himself. It was self serving and then he did himself no favors at the end of his ULL time. So no he did not earn a thing from that stint and it has and will hurt him. Until he works back through the ranks. That has nothing to do with the other issues with our program he would have to correct as well before he gets an opportunity.

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 09:21 PM
Are you telling me someone like Joe Judge is in front of HUD at this point? If true and we don’t land Napier, that tells me all I need to know, this will be a $***show...

It’s not just Judge ahead of him. It several others. And honestly I’m more than fine with that. The Hud Love needs to be put to bed. At least this coaching cycle. And possible the next if it’s in 3-4 years. But it’s possible things could be correct and he has proven himself again in the G5 ranks by that time.

ScoobaDawg
01-04-2020, 09:26 PM

We get your man crush.. it's not going to happen. go take your billboard down.

BeardoMSU
01-04-2020, 09:28 PM

And make sure to wipe it down with a disinfectant napkin...

WinningIsRelentless
01-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Wouldn't do business with who? They don't know who paid for it. What if it was a strong booster?

The billboard company. A high donor booster isn?t going to pull shit like that.

bobcat91
01-04-2020, 09:45 PM
HUD has not been contacted and wont be. I know this for certain. Let's also say his wife hates Starkville worse than Diaz wife did. Hud is never going to coach MSU

WinningIsRelentless
01-04-2020, 09:47 PM

What assistant coaches would he bring with him? Look at all the retreads he had at ULL.

Noxdog
01-04-2020, 10:07 PM

Please.

OSCAR
01-04-2020, 10:08 PM
HUD has not been contacted and wont be. I know this for certain. Let's also say his wife hates Starkville worse than Diaz wife did. Hud is never going to coach MSU

What? Is this for real? I bet she’d like 3.5 million.

bobcat91
01-04-2020, 10:15 PM
What? Is this for real? I bet she’d like 3.5 million.

Not happening.

maroonmania
01-04-2020, 10:24 PM

But I bet she is living it up there in Clarksville, TN.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-04-2020, 10:32 PM

Nah, I?m gonna keep it up, money well spent.

And if what I?m hearing is true about who Cohen interviewed today, this hire may turn into a joke real fast. Interviewed a loser (Chizik), a drunk (Sarkisian) and a triple option coach (Air Force). At this point I believe it?s Napier or bust...

The Federalist Engineer
01-04-2020, 10:35 PM

Manny better get his act together at Miami, they play in front of green tarps and empty seats but Mrs Diaz next stop might be Ruston Louisiana or something like that.

bobcat91
01-04-2020, 10:37 PM
But I bet she is living it up there in Clarksville, TN.

She is close to family. Very happy there

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 10:44 PM
Nah, I?m gonna keep it up, money well spent.

And if what I?m hearing is true about who Cohen interviewed today, this hire may turn into a joke real fast. Interviewed a loser (Chizik), a drunk (Sarkisian) and a triple option coach (Air Force). At this point I believe it?s Napier or bust...

Calhoun is not a triple option coach. He he is a multiple offensive coach with a background in the pro game as well. Runs spread, option, I formation, etc. He is not a triple option guy like Paul Johnson or Monken at Army.