PDA

View Full Version : What I?m hearing and what I?m hoping for

towelliee
01-04-2020, 02:14 PM
Napier is the guy 3.7/3.8 million a year. Looking to keep Shoop as DC , TBuck, and Hughes. Everything else is up in air.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Napier is the guy 3.7/3.8 million a year. Looking to keep Shoop as DC , TBuck, and Hughes. Everything else is up in air.

Those would be the 3 I'd keep.

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 02:23 PM
I like this scenario.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-04-2020, 02:23 PM

I hope this is right

confucius say
01-04-2020, 02:24 PM
Wonder if looney would come too?

OLJWales
01-04-2020, 02:24 PM

Glad your hearing good things. Btw, is your username referencing a south park character?

HailStateSZN19
01-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Any info on amount for staff? Bert said $4 mil for Napier so not far off what you’re saying but Bert said $5.8 mil for staff. I really hope that part is true. We need to open up the damn wallet for staff.

timotheus
01-04-2020, 02:29 PM
I'm hearing 10 mil total for whole staff with Billy getting 4.2. He did say he thinks Shoop has a great shot at staying if Billy is hired so this is all very similar info. The ULL game should conclude by 930 pm monday. Tuesday about noon will tell us whether Billy is the guy or not.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Wonder if looney would come too?

If it's Napier I'm almost 99% sure he would.

OLJWales
01-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Any info on amount for staff? Bert said $4 mil for Napier so not far off what you’re saying but Bert said $5.8 mil for staff. I really hope that part is true. We need to open up the damn wallet for staff.

Yep, time to quit pretending to be in the SEC and start playing the part. Money talks and other things walk.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Damn it's hard not to be excited. If Napier is who I think he is and has any sense in evaluating coaches well win 8 next year and who knows after that

chef dixon
01-04-2020, 02:42 PM
If it is Napier it will break before Tuesday

Doggie_Style
01-04-2020, 02:46 PM
Damn it's hard not to be excited. If Napier is who I think he is and has any sense in evaluating coaches well win 8 next year and who knows after that

With Napier I think we win 8 with a shot at 10 including the bowl.....wool is growing

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Probably need to pump the breaks some on a big prediction for next year. Winning 8 next year would be an awesome coaching job regardless of who the coach is. Don't see 10 at all.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 02:48 PM
If it is Napier it will break before Tuesday

Yep. Couple more sources here are tricking in, and Bert is saying it's now a done deal... once a deal is done people get excited and start wanting to tell people.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 02:51 PM
Probably need to pump the breaks some on a big prediction for next year. Winning 8 next year would be an awesome coaching job regardless of who the coach is. Don't see 10 at all.

Agree about 10, HOWEVER 1) Shoop will have the D top 25, 2) I think shoop and Napier can get us physical again by kickoff, 3) our roster is built to run basically what Napier ran at ULL, so he and his staff should be able to implement it quick. 4) the schedule isnt bad. 8 would be impressive but not crazy

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 02:52 PM

Yes. We can 5 next year but look like Mullen first team and I will be happier than anything put on the field this season

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2020, 02:53 PM

8 wins is not overachieving. Four nonconference games, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, with Auburn and A&M at home. We should be able to squeeze 8 out of that if we have a competent team and staff.

Doggie_Style
01-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Our first 4 and last 4 are very winnable....slip up and beat A&M and 9 is reachable....win the bowl for 10

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 02:57 PM
Agree about 10, HOWEVER 1) Shoop will have the D top 25, 2) I think shoop and Napier can get us physical again by kickoff, 3) our roster is built to run basically what Napier ran at ULL, so he and his staff should be able to implement it quick. 4) the schedule isnt bad. 8 would be impressive but not crazy

Young team. Oline isn't that young but new starters. Figure Napier and his Oline coach probably can take care of that some tho. Still have to get the culture back right too. I'll temper my expectations but ... if it is Napier AND everything works out just right with culture changing, S&C, staff hires, etc. I could see 8 wins. Season would have to go perfect for any more than that tho.

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 02:58 PM
Our first 4 and last 4 are very winnable....slip up and beat A&M and 9 is reachable....win the bowl for 10

Wasn't counting Bowl game.

msstate7
01-04-2020, 03:02 PM
Here we go again... we have no idea if 2 of our better defenders will be back next season, our starting rb, and we have no coach set on the staff, yet we talking 8-10 wins. It could happen, but I'm gonna say 5-7 is much, much more likely unless we have a perfect storm of events this offseason.

towelliee
01-04-2020, 03:07 PM
Glad your hearing good things. Btw, is your username referencing a south park character?

I know the character but no there?s a twitch World of Warcraft streamer I?ve watched for years called towelliee. He?s pretty chill dude from California

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 03:08 PM
8 wins is not overachieving. Four nonconference games, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, with Auburn and A&M at home. We should be able to squeeze 8 out of that if we have a competent team and staff.

Maybe but if we don't, I wouldn't necessarily say our staff is incompetent. OM & KY are at their place. KY ain't a pushover anymore. Arkansas & Mizzou may be a lot better (don't know). I believe TAM is gonna be good (they were real young this year and return almost everybody). Gus is gonna lose some talent tho. NC State is early, at their place, and they were real young this year too. It all depends. 8 to 9 wins are our good years when we ain't turning over coaching staffs and building a culture back.

In 2018 we had a good culture and a crap ton of talent and everyone else was way down. We should've won 11 at minimum counting Bowl. Now maybe those teams will still be down next year ... but not sure yet. And we for sure have dropped down so new staff has to build that back up.

gravedigger
01-04-2020, 03:09 PM

Shoop is gone. Health reasons I hear.

dawgday166
01-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Here we go again... we have no idea if 2 of our better defenders will be back next season, our starting rb, and we have no coach set on the staff, yet we talking 8-10 wins. It could happen, but I'm gonna say 5-7 is much, much more likely unless we have a perfect storm of events this offseason.

Don't you love it LOL SMDH. Somehow we have folks that think our norm is 9 and 10 win seasons ... regardless.

msstate7
01-04-2020, 03:10 PM

Dang, his health?

towelliee
01-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Any info on amount for staff? Bert said $4 mil for Napier so not far off what you?re saying but Bert said $5.8 mil for staff. I really hope that part is true. We need to open up the damn wallet for staff.

I heard 10 million total for entire staff. 4.2 million could be accurate my source just stated that 3.7/3.8 was the last he heard and then he got told it was done deal so he was just going by his latest intel

towelliee
01-04-2020, 03:16 PM

Definitely sucks if true but I totally understand that reasoning. We have the assistant pool money to bring in a top notch DC so I’m not worried

BuckyIsAB****
01-04-2020, 03:20 PM
Before yall start predicting wins lets get the culture back and the rest will come. I realize theres nothing any of us can do to help that except show up to the games (even the spring game) but still.

Thats the biggest thing we lost, have to get it back

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 03:29 PM

I would accept 8 wins next year as long as we look decent in the losses.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Before yall start predicting wins lets get the culture back and the rest will come. I realize theres nothing any of us can do to help that except show up to the games (even the spring game) but still.

Thats the biggest thing we lost, have to get it back

True. Hopefully the culture of toughness and discipline can be returned pretty quickly. I don't think we are too far gone although I could see some guys getting kicked off the team if they don't act right.

If that happens I think our fans will buy in quickly.

defiantdog
01-04-2020, 03:41 PM

Accept 8 wins? Tulane may beat us next year.

Turfdawg67
01-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Wow. Are y'all really discussing how many wins we will have before we even know who our coach will be? The hope is strong with MSU fans!

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 03:55 PM
Wow. Are y'all really discussing how many wins we will have before we even know who our coach will be? The hope is strong with MSU fans!

Obviously the whole discussion was about what our record would be if Napier was the coach and Shoop the DC, nobody is calling 8 wins if Joe judge is the coach. It's called context

Homedawg
01-04-2020, 04:00 PM
Y'all are getting the cart way before the horse w these predictions.

confucius say
01-04-2020, 04:02 PM

Well I would hope so. Damn.

runwildjerious
01-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Eh, I think it speaks to the failure of Joe as a coach. With him whatever your season predictions were you needed to subtract at least 2 wins. Our players are talented, we just need the right fit in here to put them through an actual offseason program, SEC level practices and preparation, and the sky is the limit for us.

Dawgology
01-04-2020, 04:04 PM

Yeah. Everyone needs to pump the brakes. We have to correct what was torn down first. I’ll be happy with bowl eligibility next year and a team that plays hard and is in games. Maybe even an offense that can score some points against average teams. Let whomever our new coach is repair culture and competitiveness first.

Coursesuper
01-04-2020, 04:05 PM

No kidding, anyone talking about this need to have a 𝙎𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 gummy bear, a cocktail, sit on the back porch and watch the world go by. Shit!

OLJWales
01-04-2020, 04:08 PM
All I'm caring about at this early juncture is whether or not our new guy will place # 1 emphasis on hiring the best damned S&C coach available and if extra money is needed for it, so be it. It was the 1st thing Mullen did here and said it was the most important thing he did and boy did it show his 1st season. For the 1st time since the John Bond days we dominated LSU at the LOS. Shoulda won that damn game.

The softness was sickening this year.

parabrave
01-04-2020, 04:13 PM
So we are getting now woolly and wet over what some new poster puts out. BTW Rosey puts out beware of agents (Sexton) sheep putting out crap.

Coursesuper
01-04-2020, 04:16 PM
So we are getting now woolly and wet over what some new poster puts out. BTW Rosey puts out beware of agents (Sexton) sheep putting out crap.

That Rosey tweet was about Chizik and some others that aren't a part of this search. They will muddy the waters just to get their guys names out there.

JohnHenryBonham
01-04-2020, 08:42 PM

Hope Shoop decides to coach better than he did for the bowl game. Defense was pitiful and unprepared.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 08:49 PM
Hope Shoop decides to coach better than he did for the bowl game. Defense was pitiful and unprepared.

Yes but so was Arandas D vs a Plumlee led OM yet Shoop shut him down.

Every DC and OC will have stinkers, just like every HC will have games where they completely failed to get the team motivated or focused. Ed O lost to Troy. Mullen clammed up every big game. Grantham got freaking flea flickered in back to back games and blown out in both, then did that awful blitz to lose the Bama game.

Shoop has done a good job here, though I will agree the bowl game was really bad

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 08:50 PM

Would have helped if some of them didn't miss practice.

Coach34
01-04-2020, 08:57 PM

Yeah- we are 6 win team next year. Anything better will be gravy. If Hill and Gay leave- plus who knows about the QB's- we arent even a 6 win team.

Coursesuper
01-04-2020, 09:07 PM
Yeah- we are 6 win team next year. Anything better will be gravy. If Hill and Gay leave- plus who knows about the QB's- we arent even a 6 win team.

Yup

War Machine Dawg
01-04-2020, 10:06 PM

As bad as this year was and how much Jughead insisted it was a rebuilding year, next year really is going to be a rebuilding year. Somewhere between 5-7 wins seems about right to me. I?d have said 2-4 Ws with Jughead.

War Machine Dawg
01-04-2020, 10:13 PM
Yes but so was Arandas D vs a Plumlee led OM yet Shoop shut him down.

Every DC and OC will have stinkers, just like every HC will have games where they completely failed to get the team motivated or focused. Ed O lost to Troy. Mullen clammed up every big game. Grantham got freaking flea flickered in back to back games and blown out in both, then did that awful blitz to lose the Bama game.

Shoop has done a good job here, though I will agree the bowl game was really bad

Uhhh....Grantham lost that Bama game? Seriously? Mullen lost that game when he didn’t go for it on fourth down in the 4th quarter. I can remember sitting in DWS, feeling the momentum. You could sense everyone in the stadium knew we had to go for it there. If you’re going to beat an Alabama, you’ve got to take a risk at some point. Throw a haymaker and pray it lands. Instead, Mullen pussed out and punted. You could feel the energy drain out of the crowd. Bama got the ball, scores a quick TD, game over.

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 11:33 PM
Uhhh....Grantham lost that Bama game? Seriously? Mullen lost that game when he didn?t go for it on fourth down in the 4th quarter. I can remember sitting in DWS, feeling the momentum. You could sense everyone in the stadium knew we had to go for it there. If you?re going to beat an Alabama, you?ve got to take a risk at some point. Throw a haymaker and pray it lands. Instead, Mullen pussed out and punted. You could feel the energy drain out of the crowd. Bama got the ball, scores a quick TD, game over.

That's when I knew Mullen had hit his ceiling - the players were ready ti take that game and he took it right out of their hands. That was the best Oline blocking I have ever seen here. Those boys wanted it and so did Aeris.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 11:47 PM
Uhhh....Grantham lost that Bama game? Seriously? Mullen lost that game when he didn’t go for it on fourth down in the 4th quarter. I can remember sitting in DWS, feeling the momentum. You could sense everyone in the stadium knew we had to go for it there. If you’re going to beat an Alabama, you’ve got to take a risk at some point. Throw a haymaker and pray it lands. Instead, Mullen pussed out and punted. You could feel the energy drain out of the crowd. Bama got the ball, scores a quick TD, game over.

Let's be honest- every knew it would have been a QB draw or QB power and probably wouldn't have worked unless a miracle happened.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 11:52 PM

Um. No. They're losing quite a ton of production including their QB, their top receivers, some good backs, and a couple of offensive linemen including their center- and will be even more one dimensional next year than this year. It's also in Starkville.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 11:53 PM
As bad as this year was and how much Jughead insisted it was a rebuilding year, next year really is going to be a rebuilding year. Somewhere between 5-7 wins seems about right to me. I?d have said 2-4 Ws with Jughead.

Yeah. The discipline issues were only going to catch up to us and we were eventually going to crater.

bulldawg28
01-05-2020, 07:44 AM

8 win team next year with the right coaching and those guys coming back which I suspect they will. They're all too glued to the situation and social media in a positive way imo.

Dawgface
01-05-2020, 08:14 AM

So what's the buyout going to to be for Napier?***

Rex54
01-05-2020, 08:45 AM
8 win team next year.

You all need to tap the breaks on 8 wins as a floor next year.

6 is a reasonable floor

BB30
01-05-2020, 09:13 AM
You all need to tap the breaks on 8 wins as a floor next year.

6 is a reasonable floor

Yea, our fans need to gain a little perspective. We have some talent but we don’t reload like bama etc. 2018 was our year and we bungled it. Depending on the coach two years from now could be pretty solid once Cross gets some experience and our young DL guys like Pickering have another full season under their belts.

For those expecting 8-9 wins next year it could be disappointing. I don’t think some of y’all realize just how bare the cupboard is at the skill positions. Some of the younger or new wrs will have to get their feet wet.

We will also be breaking in a new offense and there will be growing pains involved in that regardless of how good the coach is. Going to have to have a little bit of patience with the new guy which I’m afraid he won’t get. First game the offense struggles there will be people here ready to “make a move”.

Rex54
01-05-2020, 09:16 AM
Just give me toughness, discipline, preparedness, and in-shape players and we can handle the growing pains.

Cowbell
01-05-2020, 09:20 AM
Yea, our fans need to gain a little perspective. We have some talent but we don?t reload like bama etc. 2018 was our year and we bungled it. Depending on the coach two years from now could be pretty solid once Cross gets some experience and our young DL guys like Pickering have another full season under their belts.

For those expecting 8-9 wins next year it could be disappointing. I don?t think some of y?all realize just how bare the cupboard is at the skill positions. Some of the younger or new wrs will have to get their feet wet.

We will also be breaking in a new offense and there will be growing pains involved in that regardless of how good the coach is. Going to have to have a little bit of patience with the new guy which I?m afraid he won?t get. First game the offense struggles there will be people here ready to ?make a move?.

I disagree with you about b-ball, but man you are dead on here. Couldn't have said it better myself. There is no better way to scare a potential coach away than this type of stuff.
I honestly think we need to just to focus on execution improving throughout the season and effort and conditioning being vastly improved and not worry about wins and losses.

DownwardDawg
01-05-2020, 09:22 AM
Let's be honest- every knew it would have been a QB draw or QB power and probably wouldn't have worked unless a miracle happened.

We were running it down their throats. Mullen decided to throw 3 passes on that last drive. Stupid coaching right there. Mullen lost that game. I didn't think there was anyone out there that ever thought otherwise.

sonof34
01-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Just give me toughness, discipline, preparedness, and in-shape players and we can handle the growing pains.

Just win, baby!!!

OLJWales
01-05-2020, 11:49 AM
If we get a good HC who brings in a good S&C coach, I hoping that we end up realizing this year that our new coach inherited more talent than we thought.

Tater
11-25-2023, 06:47 PM

He just broke Lebby for 4 at 4-5 mil per. Here's hoping you're wrong again.

towelliee
11-25-2023, 06:56 PM
I could be just sharing what I was told.

smootness
11-25-2023, 07:00 PM
Why the crap did this get bumped?

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 07:05 PM

Cause Tater is a psycho

TrapGame
11-25-2023, 07:06 PM

Cause Tater has to be Tater.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 07:06 PM
He just broke Lebby for 4 at 4-5 mil per. Here's hoping you're wrong again.

You are on a roll for being the worst poster of the year so far lol

Bumping a 4 year old thread? Really?

Tater
11-25-2023, 07:13 PM

Cause towelie is the one breaking the lebby hire and dollar amount. Yet every post in his history predicting a hire and a dollar amount has been wrong. Feel like it's a fair thing to point out in the middle of us apparently about to announce a coach.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 07:28 PM
Cause towelie is the one breaking the lebby hire and dollar amount. Yet every post in his history predicting a hire and a dollar amount has been wrong. Feel like it's a fair thing to point out in the middle of us apparently about to announce a coach.

This might be your first post in 24 hours that doesn?t mention rape. Congrats on making progress on your mental health Tater.