PDA

View Full Version : If Napier

TheLostDawg
01-04-2020, 07:38 AM
What's the staff look like. Kiffin has made some big hires so far. How do we make sure we stay ahead of them and as such, at least get back to mid tier SEC.

msbulldog
01-04-2020, 07:42 AM
Don't worry about what mississippi does.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 07:50 AM
Read the other threads: Napier is trying to get serious money from us for himself and assistants. If he takes our job rest assured we'll have the cash to grab some good names... also look at his current staff, I'm sure hed bring a couple with him

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 08:09 AM
Read the other threads: Napier is trying to get serious money from us for himself and assistants. If he takes our job rest assured we'll have the cash to grab some good names... also look at his current staff, I'm sure hed bring a couple with him

This is exactly what he did at LL. Interesting note that hasn't been discussed. Arizona State fans overwhelmingly wanted him as their HC when their administration grabbed Herm. It almost sounded like the kind of boneheaded move we would normally make. There is no way he turns this job down - he's gonna barely clear $1M this year with incentives with 11 wins. He in no way can do better than they did this year.

basedog
01-04-2020, 08:15 AM
Napier was interviewed by ULL radio guy last night. All signs indicate he is gone and will be announced any day. Their AD was also interviewed and he indicated he was gone w/o saying it speaking.

We have our next Coach, relax and enjoy the weekend.

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 08:17 AM
Napier was interviewed by ULL radio guy last night. All signs indicate he is gone and will be announced any day. Their AD was also interviewed and he indicated he was gone w/o saying it speaking.

This. If we want to discuss, it needs to be DC and S&C

MetEdDawg
01-04-2020, 08:17 AM
This is exactly what he did at LL. Interesting note that hasn't been discussed. Arizona State fans overwhelmingly wanted him as their HC when their administration grabbed Herm. It almost sounded like the kind of boneheaded move we would normally make. There is no way he turns this job down - he's gonna barely clear $1M this year with incentives with 11 wins. He in no way can do better than they did this year.

Actually they could do similar to this year. Their non conference schedule next year is Mcneese, Wyoming, Missouri, and New Mexico State. They have to play App State again, but I see no reason they can't go 9-3 or 10-2 again next year and make it to their conference championship and a bowl game.

Question is does getting 9, 10, or 11 wins another year at ULL really do anything for you? Do you use that to bank on SC opening and getting that job (he wants to go back to SC). Can you parlay that into a bigger job opening in the Big 12 because that's where the only big jobs most likely open up?

I think he has to take our job. Mullen showed our job can step you up further if you do it right. Napier can elevate himself further than our job if he's successful. So take our job, get 7-10 wins per year for the next 5 years and rock it out at 4-5 million per year.

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 08:18 AM

Thoughts anybody - I love the Grantham idea - anyone know what he is making? It's about time for a Mullen DC turnover based on past history.

basedog
01-04-2020, 08:24 AM
Thoughts anybody - I love the Grantham idea - anyone know what he is making? It's about time for a Mullen DC turnover based on past history.

I would be fired up about Grantham being our DC, players play hard for him. I'm all in giving Grantham money to come to StarkVegas. It was very classy with him handling his departure from Msu.

hacker
01-04-2020, 08:25 AM

Details?

basedog
01-04-2020, 08:33 AM
Details?

Had a friend who sent me the interview, Napier and their AD are saying all the right things. One thing that stood out was when Napier was pressed about Msu job for the second and third time, he said "let's just leave it at that and move on", meaning his house wasn't for sale, he liked Lafayette...….Then the AD stated "we know Napier will have opportunities". He also stated Napier hadn't signed the extended contract.

I'm convinced he is our Coach and I got vCash saying so, LOL!

Dawgfan77
01-04-2020, 08:47 AM
Had a friend who sent me the interview, Napier and their AD are saying all the right things. One thing that stood out was when Napier was pressed about Msu job for the second and third time, he said "let's just leave it at that and move on", meaning his house wasn't for sale, he liked Lafayette...….Then the AD stated "we know Napier will have opportunities". He also stated Napier hadn't signed the extended contract.

Is this filed anywhere

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 08:50 AM

Can you please share the link here? Or tell us how to find it?

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Actually they could do similar to this year. Their non conference schedule next year is Mcneese, Wyoming, Missouri, and New Mexico State. They have to play App State again, but I see no reason they can't go 9-3 or 10-2 again next year and make it to their conference championship and a bowl game.

Question is does getting 9, 10, or 11 wins another year at ULL really do anything for you? Do you use that to bank on SC opening and getting that job (he wants to go back to SC). Can you parlay that into a bigger job opening in the Big 12 because that's where the only big jobs most likely open up?

I think he has to take our job. Mullen showed our job can step you up further if you do it right. Napier can elevate himself further than our job if he's successful. So take our job, get 7-10 wins per year for the next 5 years and rock it out at 4-5 million per year.

I said do BETTER. They are in no way are going to beat that.

Bothrops
01-04-2020, 09:08 AM
I really don't know what to think of this guy.

Dawgtini
01-04-2020, 09:09 AM
I think this is it -
https://espn1420.com/louisiana-football-live-with-head-coach-billy-napier-audio-12/

Starts around 18 min mark

DownwardDawg
01-04-2020, 09:13 AM
I really don't know what to think of this guy.

What guy?

KOdawg1
01-04-2020, 09:22 AM
I think this is it -
https://espn1420.com/louisiana-football-live-with-head-coach-billy-napier-audio-12/

He Mullen'd that very well

Jarius
01-04-2020, 09:29 AM
I think this is it -

Man the guy giving that interview is an idiot. No coach wants to spend that much time talking about future jobs. The interviewer made it extremely awkward. He sounds like a girlfriend that knows she is about to get dumped and she just keeps asking for assurance that her boyfriend is not going to leave her.

RougeDawg
01-04-2020, 09:30 AM
Let?s put it this way. Napier is not telling anyone anything at the moment. Even media people he?s been known to be honest with in the past. Hopefully he is just posturing for their game Monday.

basedog
01-04-2020, 09:34 AM
Let?s put it this way. Napier is not telling anyone anything at the moment. Even media people he?s been known to be honest with in the past. Hopefully he is just posturing for their game Monday.

That's exactly it, he wants to win 11 games, dude shows passion for his players and wants to go out the right way, not like some DM thingy. I like the way he is handling all this, I wish some of the ED posters would as well but that ain't happening.

Not sure if the AD was on that particular interview with ULL radio guy but it's pretty obvious he knows Napier is gone.

RougeDawg
01-04-2020, 09:36 AM
That's exactly it, he wants to win 11 games, dude shows passion for his players and wants to go out the right way, not like some DM thingy. I like the way he is handling all this, I wish some of the ED posters would as well but that ain't happening.

Not sure if the AD was on that particular interview with ULL radio guy but it's pretty obvious he knows Napier is gone.

Speaking of AD. Who is their AD and what is his background. Maybe Keenum can work a package deal.

basedog
01-04-2020, 09:56 AM
Speaking of AD. Who is their AD and what is his background. Maybe Keenum can work a package deal.

Title Director of Athletics
Phone (337) 482-5393

A new era in Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Athletics began on Feb. 1, 2017, when Dr. Bryan Maggard was introduced as Director of Athletics. In his more than two years leading the Ragin’ Cajuns, Maggard has brought new excitement to the Louisiana fan base while continuing to build on one of college athletics’ most unique brands.

The fan and family environment created at Louisiana’s home events has received constant emphasis under Maggard’s watch. In partnership with Sodexo, the department’s concessions provider, Louisiana Athletics unveiled a fan-friendly concessions pricing model ahead of the 2019-20 season that not only brought wide acclaim locally from Cajun Nation, but also drew national attention in the process.

Aesthetic improvements, both big and small, have come to the Ragin’ Cajuns’ sports park through Louisiana’s 10-year multimedia rights partnership with Learfield, a first-of-its-kind deal inked in March 2018 by Maggard and the university’s administration. Learfield, and its local extension, Ragin’ Cajuns Sports Properties, have worked tirelessly to expand the brand of the Ragin’ Cajuns both locally, regionally and nationally.

Putting excellent leadership in charge of Louisiana’s teams has been one of Maggard’s clear objectives during his early tenure, with an emphasis on the student-athlete experience and the culture surrounding the program of the utmost importance.

One of the Ragin’ Cajuns’ premiere sport programs, Louisiana Softball, needed a new leader in late fall of 2017. Maggard tabbed one of the top assistant coaches in all of collegiate softball, Gerry Glasco, as head coach on Nov. 20, 2017, and the extraordinary results have followed.

Louisiana Softball went undefeated in Sun Belt Conference play in 2019, winning a school-record 29-straight games in the process. Glasco’s group went to a second-straight NCAA Regional, extending the proud program’s streak to 21-straight seasons in NCAA postseason play.

Ragin’ Cajuns Football has long been an exciting part of any athletic year at Louisiana, and the new head coach of the program Maggard installed for the 2018 season provided just that. First-year head coach Billy Napier, a former pupil of preeminent football leaders Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney, guided the squad to the Sun Belt Conference West Division Championship in Year One, playing in the inaugural conference championship game and advancing to a bowl for the first time in three seasons.

Napier’s emphasis on program culture immediately permeated outward into the rest of the athletics department, university and local community. The organized, deliberate approach to team building enacted by Napier draws on his past experiences as a rising assistant coach at programs such as Alabama, Clemson and Arizona State. The Ragin’ Cajuns head into the 2019 campaign as preseason favorites to repeat as West Division champions.

Supporting the life blood of any program, the recruitment of talented student-athletes, has been a matter of importance to Maggard during his time with the Ragin’ Cajuns. That point of emphasis paid dividends with Louisiana Football for the 2019 signing class, as the group was rated as the No. 1 recruiting class in the Sun Belt Conference by 247Sports.com.

Maggard’s next head coaching maneuver to make was with Louisiana Soccer, as the Ragin’ Cajuns’ Director of Athletics sought a fresh start for the program. He zeroed in on an exciting new leader in Lance Key, a former Major League Soccer defender who built a powerhouse at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, winning 83.3 percent of his games over 13 seasons as the program’s head coach.

Key helped Trinity advance to 11 NCAA Division III Women's Soccer Championship Tournaments and coached 21 All-America student-athletes on the pitch.

Through the tragedy of longtime Louisiana Baseball head coach Tony Robichaux passing away due to complications following a July 2019 heart attack, Maggard was tasked with guiding the athletics department and as a whole, Cajun Nation, through a stunning and difficult time.

Replacing an iconic leader was no easy proposition, but Maggard found the right leader at the right time in Matt Deggs, a former top assistant of Robichaux’s who went on to turn Sam Houston State into a consistent national contender. Deggs went 187-118 in five seasons leading the Bearkats, including getting the program to an NCAA Super Regional in 2017.

Maggard, a native of Dexter, Kan., joined the Ragin' Cajuns after spending 21 years at the University of Missouri where he most recently served as the Tigers' Executive Associate Athletic Director.

In his role as Executive Associate Athletic Director, Maggard assisted the Director of Athletics in sport oversight of football, scheduling, facility design and construction, administrative and personnel management and holds leadership positions on the executive and senior management teams.

During his tenure at Missouri, Maggard provided leadership for numerous areas within the Department of Athletics to include academic services, athletic dining, athletic performance, equipment operations, sport and counseling psychological services, sports medicine, student-athlete development as well as the revenue-generating units of development, marketing, ticketing and multi-media rights. Additionally, Maggard was very involved in assisting the athletic department with its transition into the Southeastern Conference.

In 2012, Maggard began to assist with the design and construction of $100 million in facility projects that greatly enhanced the stadiums of the Tiger Football, Baseball, and Softball programs as well as the facilities for the Tiger Tennis and Golf teams.

Maggard taught Sport Management courses at Mizzou, as an adjunct professor, where he assisted campus leaders in establishing a Sport Management degree program. Maggard was also a member of the University of Missouri Graduate Faculty and served on doctoral examination and dissertation committees.

Prior to his stint at Missouri, Maggard had stops at Florida State University and Kansas State University, overseeing the academic support services for the Seminole and Wildcat football programs respectively.

Maggard has served his profession and community over the past several years. He is a certified APR consultant with the NCAA/N4A and has served has a facilitator for various student-athlete leadership summits. In 2005, Maggard was invited to serve on a NFL Continuing Education Program Advisory Committee and did so through 2009. He has served as an accreditation consultant in the for-profit education industry and provides program certification consulting for athletic academic support programs through the N4A. Maggard is a Past Board President for the Boys and Girls Club of Columbia.

Maggard received a bachelor's degree in journalism and a master's degree in health and physical education, both from Kansas State University. He received a Ph.D. in Educational and Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri. He and his wife, Kerry, are proud parents of three children, Dalton, Aubrey, and Kaylin.

RougeDawg
01-04-2020, 10:08 AM
Phone (337) 482-5393

A new era in Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Athletics began on Feb. 1, 2017, when Dr. Bryan Maggard was introduced as Director of Athletics. In his more than two years leading the Ragin? Cajuns, Maggard has brought new excitement to the Louisiana fan base while continuing to build on one of college athletics? most unique brands.

The fan and family environment created at Louisiana?s home events has received constant emphasis under Maggard?s watch. In partnership with Sodexo, the department?s concessions provider, Louisiana Athletics unveiled a fan-friendly concessions pricing model ahead of the 2019-20 season that not only brought wide acclaim locally from Cajun Nation, but also drew national attention in the process.

Aesthetic improvements, both big and small, have come to the Ragin? Cajuns? sports park through Louisiana?s 10-year multimedia rights partnership with Learfield, a first-of-its-kind deal inked in March 2018 by Maggard and the university?s administration. Learfield, and its local extension, Ragin? Cajuns Sports Properties, have worked tirelessly to expand the brand of the Ragin? Cajuns both locally, regionally and nationally.

Putting excellent leadership in charge of Louisiana?s teams has been one of Maggard?s clear objectives during his early tenure, with an emphasis on the student-athlete experience and the culture surrounding the program of the utmost importance.

One of the Ragin? Cajuns? premiere sport programs, Louisiana Softball, needed a new leader in late fall of 2017. Maggard tabbed one of the top assistant coaches in all of collegiate softball, Gerry Glasco, as head coach on Nov. 20, 2017, and the extraordinary results have followed.

Louisiana Softball went undefeated in Sun Belt Conference play in 2019, winning a school-record 29-straight games in the process. Glasco?s group went to a second-straight NCAA Regional, extending the proud program?s streak to 21-straight seasons in NCAA postseason play.

Ragin? Cajuns Football has long been an exciting part of any athletic year at Louisiana, and the new head coach of the program Maggard installed for the 2018 season provided just that. First-year head coach Billy Napier, a former pupil of preeminent football leaders Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney, guided the squad to the Sun Belt Conference West Division Championship in Year One, playing in the inaugural conference championship game and advancing to a bowl for the first time in three seasons.

Napier?s emphasis on program culture immediately permeated outward into the rest of the athletics department, university and local community. The organized, deliberate approach to team building enacted by Napier draws on his past experiences as a rising assistant coach at programs such as Alabama, Clemson and Arizona State. The Ragin? Cajuns head into the 2019 campaign as preseason favorites to repeat as West Division champions.

Supporting the life blood of any program, the recruitment of talented student-athletes, has been a matter of importance to Maggard during his time with the Ragin? Cajuns. That point of emphasis paid dividends with Louisiana Football for the 2019 signing class, as the group was rated as the No. 1 recruiting class in the Sun Belt Conference by 247Sports.com.

Maggard?s next head coaching maneuver to make was with Louisiana Soccer, as the Ragin? Cajuns? Director of Athletics sought a fresh start for the program. He zeroed in on an exciting new leader in Lance Key, a former Major League Soccer defender who built a powerhouse at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, winning 83.3 percent of his games over 13 seasons as the program?s head coach.

Key helped Trinity advance to 11 NCAA Division III Women's Soccer Championship Tournaments and coached 21 All-America student-athletes on the pitch.

Through the tragedy of longtime Louisiana Baseball head coach Tony Robichaux passing away due to complications following a July 2019 heart attack, Maggard was tasked with guiding the athletics department and as a whole, Cajun Nation, through a stunning and difficult time.

Replacing an iconic leader was no easy proposition, but Maggard found the right leader at the right time in Matt Deggs, a former top assistant of Robichaux?s who went on to turn Sam Houston State into a consistent national contender. Deggs went 187-118 in five seasons leading the Bearkats, including getting the program to an NCAA Super Regional in 2017.

Maggard, a native of Dexter, Kan., joined the Ragin' Cajuns after spending 21 years at the University of Missouri where he most recently served as the Tigers' Executive Associate Athletic Director.

In his role as Executive Associate Athletic Director, Maggard assisted the Director of Athletics in sport oversight of football, scheduling, facility design and construction, administrative and personnel management and holds leadership positions on the executive and senior management teams.

During his tenure at Missouri, Maggard provided leadership for numerous areas within the Department of Athletics to include academic services, athletic dining, athletic performance, equipment operations, sport and counseling psychological services, sports medicine, student-athlete development as well as the revenue-generating units of development, marketing, ticketing and multi-media rights. Additionally, Maggard was very involved in assisting the athletic department with its transition into the Southeastern Conference.

In 2012, Maggard began to assist with the design and construction of $100 million in facility projects that greatly enhanced the stadiums of the Tiger Football, Baseball, and Softball programs as well as the facilities for the Tiger Tennis and Golf teams.

Maggard taught Sport Management courses at Mizzou, as an adjunct professor, where he assisted campus leaders in establishing a Sport Management degree program. Maggard was also a member of the University of Missouri Graduate Faculty and served on doctoral examination and dissertation committees.

Prior to his stint at Missouri, Maggard had stops at Florida State University and Kansas State University, overseeing the academic support services for the Seminole and Wildcat football programs respectively.

Maggard has served his profession and community over the past several years. He is a certified APR consultant with the NCAA/N4A and has served has a facilitator for various student-athlete leadership summits. In 2005, Maggard was invited to serve on a NFL Continuing Education Program Advisory Committee and did so through 2009. He has served as an accreditation consultant in the for-profit education industry and provides program certification consulting for athletic academic support programs through the N4A. Maggard is a Past Board President for the Boys and Girls Club of Columbia.

Maggard received a bachelor's degree in journalism and a master's degree in health and physical education, both from Kansas State University. He received a Ph.D. in Educational and Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri. He and his wife, Kerry, are proud parents of three children, Dalton, Aubrey, and Kaylin.

Get it done Mark, if John cannot get it done on his end.

Thanks for the info.

YazooDawg23
01-04-2020, 10:14 AM
We are the only ones spreading the narrative that kiffin has made strong hires

defiantdog
01-04-2020, 10:39 AM
Well, Napier didn't say anything the about "not having interest" in that interview.

On a side note, the AD there knows what he's doing. ULL knows they're located in a town that draws more interest to the Saints than anything else. They basically have a carnival for every home game at the Cajun dome. It actually attracts more people than you think. But at the same time, not many people in that town even know who Billy Napier is. They'll never be able to push for more than what they got as long as LSU is an hour and a half a way (I hate driving on that bridge between Lafayette and Baton Rouge - DONT SPEED). People there just aren't college football fans. Starkville is a different story.

NCDawg
01-04-2020, 12:38 PM

I would like to see a top OL coach. I'm tired of seeing our big fat slow offensive linemen get shoved around with no holes open for our RB's, and making our QB hurry his throws.

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2020, 12:51 PM
Had a friend who sent me the interview, Napier and their AD are saying all the right things. One thing that stood out was when Napier was pressed about Msu job for the second and third time, he said "let's just leave it at that and move on", meaning his house wasn't for sale, he liked Lafayette...?.Then the AD stated "we know Napier will have opportunities". He also stated Napier hadn't signed the extended contract.

He also said that the reporting in the media earlier in the day spoke for itself. When he said that, he was referring to the McMurphy tweet that had him declining the opportunity. That interview was worded in such a way that everyone who listened to it was able to take away what they wanted to hear.

The sense I got was that he's interested in the right opportunity, but that our opportunity wasn't necessarily the right opportunity (yet). We will see. But if he's hardball negotiating and forcing us to pony up for assistants, I love him already.

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2020, 12:55 PM
We are the only ones spreading the narrative that kiffin has made strong hires

Ole Miss fanboys are spreading the narrative hard. The only reason Finebaum wasn't talking about them hiring Durkin all day yesterday was because we fired Moorhead. That staff will be a five alarm train wreck.

msstate7
01-04-2020, 01:01 PM
Ole Miss fanboys are spreading the narrative hard. The only reason Finebaum wasn't talking about them hiring Durkin all day yesterday was because we fired Moorhead. That staff will be a five alarm train wreck.

Durkin is a good DC. I don't really know a lot about the others, but durkin is good

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2020, 01:04 PM
Durkin is a good DC. I don't really know a lot about the others, but durkin is good

I'm not denying he's a good coach. He's a great defensive coach. He just has an incredible amount of baggage. He shouldn't be able to successfully recruit a single kid in Mississippi.

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 01:10 PM
I would like to see a top OL coach. I'm tired of seeing our big fat slow offensive linemen get shoved around with no holes open for our RB's, and making our QB hurry his throws.

Agree 100%. But that starts with a tough HC and a top notch S&C which are two things we haven't had.

And also an offense where they no where to block when the ball is snapped.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 01:10 PM

I noticed this too. And I remember how Dan handled it poorly every year so I appreciate someone that wants to finish their job instead of having people tell him how awesome he is while neglecting his job.

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 01:12 PM
I noticed this too. And I remember how Dan handled it poorly every year so I appreciate someone that wants to finish their job instead of having people tell him how awesome he is while neglecting his job.

The most impressive thing about him this far imo

RiverCityDawg
01-04-2020, 01:17 PM

Same here, though after listening to the interview I'm even more convinced he's coming here once he finishes the deal there Monday night.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Same here, though after listening to the interview I'm even more convinced he's coming here once he finishes the deal there Monday night.

Which is fine. Dan didn't even really show up for the Egg Bowl.

If Napier leaves for somewhere else if we get him it tells me he will at least coach our bowl game and likely will do a good job.

timotheus
01-04-2020, 01:35 PM
My friend in the bayou state tells me that he heard that Napier is possibly holding out for the South Carolina job so he could be closer to home etc. I just wonder if it's too risky a gamble.

Duckdog
01-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Phone (337) 482-5393

A new era in Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Athletics began on Feb. 1, 2017, when Dr. Bryan Maggard was introduced as Director of Athletics. In his more than two years leading the Ragin’ Cajuns, Maggard has brought new excitement to the Louisiana fan base while continuing to build on one of college athletics’ most unique brands.

The fan and family environment created at Louisiana’s home events has received constant emphasis under Maggard’s watch. In partnership with Sodexo, the department’s concessions provider, Louisiana Athletics unveiled a fan-friendly concessions pricing model ahead of the 2019-20 season that not only brought wide acclaim locally from Cajun Nation, but also drew national attention in the process.

Aesthetic improvements, both big and small, have come to the Ragin’ Cajuns’ sports park through Louisiana’s 10-year multimedia rights partnership with Learfield, a first-of-its-kind deal inked in March 2018 by Maggard and the university’s administration. Learfield, and its local extension, Ragin’ Cajuns Sports Properties, have worked tirelessly to expand the brand of the Ragin’ Cajuns both locally, regionally and nationally.

Putting excellent leadership in charge of Louisiana’s teams has been one of Maggard’s clear objectives during his early tenure, with an emphasis on the student-athlete experience and the culture surrounding the program of the utmost importance.

One of the Ragin’ Cajuns’ premiere sport programs, Louisiana Softball, needed a new leader in late fall of 2017. Maggard tabbed one of the top assistant coaches in all of collegiate softball, Gerry Glasco, as head coach on Nov. 20, 2017, and the extraordinary results have followed.

Louisiana Softball went undefeated in Sun Belt Conference play in 2019, winning a school-record 29-straight games in the process. Glasco’s group went to a second-straight NCAA Regional, extending the proud program’s streak to 21-straight seasons in NCAA postseason play.

Ragin’ Cajuns Football has long been an exciting part of any athletic year at Louisiana, and the new head coach of the program Maggard installed for the 2018 season provided just that. First-year head coach Billy Napier, a former pupil of preeminent football leaders Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney, guided the squad to the Sun Belt Conference West Division Championship in Year One, playing in the inaugural conference championship game and advancing to a bowl for the first time in three seasons.

Napier’s emphasis on program culture immediately permeated outward into the rest of the athletics department, university and local community. The organized, deliberate approach to team building enacted by Napier draws on his past experiences as a rising assistant coach at programs such as Alabama, Clemson and Arizona State. The Ragin’ Cajuns head into the 2019 campaign as preseason favorites to repeat as West Division champions.

Supporting the life blood of any program, the recruitment of talented student-athletes, has been a matter of importance to Maggard during his time with the Ragin’ Cajuns. That point of emphasis paid dividends with Louisiana Football for the 2019 signing class, as the group was rated as the No. 1 recruiting class in the Sun Belt Conference by 247Sports.com.

Maggard’s next head coaching maneuver to make was with Louisiana Soccer, as the Ragin’ Cajuns’ Director of Athletics sought a fresh start for the program. He zeroed in on an exciting new leader in Lance Key, a former Major League Soccer defender who built a powerhouse at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, winning 83.3 percent of his games over 13 seasons as the program’s head coach.

Replacing an iconic leader was no easy proposition, but Maggard found the right leader at the right time in Matt Deggs, a former top assistant of Robichaux’s who went on to turn Sam Houston State into a consistent national contender. Deggs went 187-118 in five seasons leading the Bearkats, including getting the program to an NCAA Super Regional in 2017.

Im not reading all that shit. Let me translate that into some coonass, say baw we gone get cassade a pelate a mofo