PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy The Day

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 09:37 PM
Guys it?s been 12 hours since the official word of NoMo JoMo...let?s just sit back and know we don?t have to completely rebuild our program. It?s just a reset. We have the weekend to let this play out and have our guy hired next week. It is NOT imperative it happens today. Quickly, sure but not within 24 hours. If it drags on until the middle of next week and we have no movement, then we can start speculating what?s happening. But we didn?t fire Joe today without discussions already taking place.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Damn straight.

We got a ton of young talent, a damn good FR QB on campus, & have been to 10 straight bowl games.

New coach will have whip some dudes in shape & get them to play for the name on the front of the jersey, but we're good.

This little firing today saved our ass

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 09:47 PM
Good stuff Clark! Agree completely!

DogsofAnarchy
01-03-2020, 09:57 PM
We are going to do really well with this hire.

msstate7
01-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Probably not a good look to hire a guy the same day you fire another guy anyway

SwaggerVance
01-03-2020, 10:06 PM
Anything is an upgrade over JHead. If he had any class he may well still have a coaching job. The guy had no wisdom at all.

MagicDawg
01-03-2020, 11:09 PM
I've quite enjoyed National Yankee Ass-Dragging Day 2020. I didn't expect it so early in the year.

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Guys it?s been 12 hours since the official word of NoMo JoMo...let?s just sit back and know we don?t have to completely rebuild our program. It?s just a reset. We have the weekend to let this play out and have our guy hired next week. It is NOT imperative it happens today. Quickly, sure but not within 24 hours. If it drags on until the middle of next week and we have no movement, then we can start speculating what?s happening. But we didn?t fire Joe today without discussions already taking place.

Discussions already taking place? What exactly does that mean? If we didn't already have an agreement in place then the supposed AD should be gone as a matter of course with cause with no buy out for incompetence. I'm not sorry Joe is gone but given the timing if this wasn't already a done deal with the replacement then it's a total screw up. He has till Tuesday.

hacker
01-04-2020, 01:17 AM
Discussions already taking place? What exactly does that mean? If we didn't already have an agreement in place then the supposed AD should be gone as a matter of course with cause with no buy out for incompetence. I'm not sorry Joe is gone but given the timing if this wasn't already a done deal with the replacement then it's a total screw up. He has till Tuesday.

I'm personally having a tough time understanding why you keep saying this.

Really Clark?
01-04-2020, 01:19 AM

Your being goofy. It means discussion started before the bowl game. Including reaching out to candidates. And no, he doesn’t have until Tuesday. But by Wed if for nothing has moved then we can evaluate what’s going on, why and definitely question Cohen. Most likely means the negotiations with who we are in discussions with broke down. It hasn’t even been a day and you want to keep pushing your assumptions about this whole thing. So far it hasn’t worked out for you.

BuckyIsAB****
01-04-2020, 01:28 AM

Bc he is the most anti MSU person on the board that aint been banned yet

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 02:24 AM

Because he wants it to blow up in our face so bad so that he can tell us he was right and continue with his "we're poor lil Mississippi State we can't do that" attitude while Cohen has been basically blowing up everything "poor lil Mississippi State" the past day or so.

The fact of the matter is LT would have kept Joe around for at least three more years because "you can't fire a coach after two years and my gosh fans he won the Egg Bowl. Look at our history." Which of course would have led to an eventual rebuild which was unnecessary. See our baseball program circa 2008-2010 as exhibit A.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 02:28 AM
Your being goofy. It means discussion started before the bowl game. Including reaching out to candidates. And no, he doesn’t have until Tuesday. But by Wed if for nothing has moved then we can evaluate what’s going on, why and definitely question Cohen. Most likely means the negotiations with who we are in discussions with broke down. It hasn’t even been a day and you want to keep pushing your assumptions about this whole thing. So far it hasn’t worked out for you.

He's obviously never hired people before. If I'm Cohen I don't hire anybody until Weds at the earliest and would probably even wait until Thursday or Friday. If you hire a coach the day after you fire someone it's pretty obvious you essentially had a job interview for someone that still had a job. At best that's not a good look for us.

msbulldog
01-04-2020, 07:09 AM
Why would interviewing someone who has a job look bad happens 100's of times every day.