PDA

View Full Version : Two things I know

Homedawg
01-03-2020, 08:43 PM
We never had a buyout with moorhead before the egg bowl. Ever. Second, we don't know wo our coach is yet. This isn't some made up opinion. I'm sure some will go off, and disagree. That's fine.

msstate7
01-03-2020, 08:46 PM
So freeze is still in play? ;)

OLJWales
01-03-2020, 08:48 PM
We never had a buyout with moorhead before the egg bowl. Ever. Second, we don't know wo our coach is yet. This isn't some made up opinion. I'm sure some will go off, and disagree. That's fine.

I'm betting on Bert stare kicking your ass to hell and back.

defiantdog
01-03-2020, 09:00 PM
And when you're wrong...... you'll just stop posting for a week or so and no one will care to call you out

msstate7
01-03-2020, 09:02 PM
Homedawg gives great info all the time for those that pay attention. He has good stuff

confucius say
01-03-2020, 09:04 PM
I think homedawg is correct technically. Even berts most recent post came across to me as the finances are still being worked out

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 09:04 PM
There was no buy out but he did not walk away broke either. It had something to with depreciated value of the remaining contract. I believe it should be around 4 million.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 09:05 PM
Homedawg gives great info all the time for those that pay attention. He has good stuff

Yea he does.

preachermatt83
01-03-2020, 09:05 PM
I'm betting on Bert stare kicking your ass to hell and back.

I’m Having a nice meal at one of my favorite restaurants and decided to check my phone real quick. This comment made me laugh out loud. Literally. Ppl are looking at me.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Homedawg always brings good and accurate info

Homedawg
01-03-2020, 09:14 PM
And when you're wrong...... you'll just stop posting for a week or so and no one will care to call you out

Wrong about what?? Nothing I posted is wrong. Matter of fact it's 100% true.

Cowbell
01-03-2020, 11:51 PM

Where you been at during all this entertainment Bracky?

gtowndawg
01-03-2020, 11:56 PM
Bert is NOT amused!!

BeardoMSU
01-03-2020, 11:56 PM
I’m Having a nice meal at one of my favorite restaurants and decided to check my phone real quick. This comment made me laugh out loud. Literally. Ppl are looking at me.

Do you eat your steak with ketchup?**

https://pics.me.me/me-eating-some-freshly-cooked-meat-everyone-else-at-the-45463898.png

defiantdog
01-03-2020, 11:58 PM
Wrong about what?? Nothing I posted is wrong. Matter of fact it's 100% true.

Just another post with guarantees

Homedawg
01-03-2020, 11:59 PM
Where you been at during all this entertainment Bracky?

Haha.

Homedawg
01-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Just another post with guarantees
I didn't guarantee what will happen. I guarantee what has happened. I can make some good guesses of what's going to happen but I won't

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 12:15 AM
I didn't guarantee what will happen. I guarantee what has happened. I can make some good guesses of what's going to happen but I won't

Look man - everyone else has - so might as well give us some halfway educated entertainment

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2020, 12:59 AM

If true Cohen should be fired before we hire a football coach.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-04-2020, 08:01 AM
If true Cohen should be fired before we hire a football coach.

Let's say Keenum, Cohen, and the booster feel that Grantham/Hud are good enough to be worth firing JoMo for.

At that point, you fire JoMo. Both Grantham and Hud would take our offer in .2 seconds so wheres the harm in firing Joe without Napier already in the bag?

Cowbell
01-04-2020, 08:05 AM
Let's say Keenum, Cohen, and the booster feel that Grantham/Hud are good enough to be worth firing JoMo for.

At that point, you fire JoMo. Both Grantham and Hud would take our offer in .2 seconds so wheres the harm in firing Joe without Napier already in the bag?

The harm is LP would be butthurt as he wanted to keep Joe

confucius say
01-04-2020, 12:36 PM

Exactly. If you feel your bottom floor of who you would hire would be better than the status quo, you make the move.

The difference is LP does not feel that way whereas the rest of the board would take hud or grantham over joe

Political Hack
01-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Home usually knows what he's talking about. Technically I don't think you can argue with him. Things appear to be pretty well lined up for Napier, but negotiations are going to take place until the ink is dry. And you know Cohen is working plan B's while Napier is working bowl prep.

maroonmania
01-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Home usually knows what he's talking about. Technically I don't think you can argue with him. Things appear to be pretty well lined up for Napier, but negotiations are going to take place until the ink is dry. And you know Cohen is working plan B's while Napier is working bowl prep.

Assuming this is Round 2 of talks with Napier since November then you would think everyone should be very familiar with each other and know what each party is looking for to make this happen.

Political Hack
01-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Assuming this is Round 2 of talks with Napier since November then you would think everyone should be very familiar with each other and know what each party is looking for to make this happen.

I'm not sure how far things got when feelers were extended in November. My understanding is that he intended to stick with ULaLa through the bowl game no matter what, which probably turned some folks away. The timing may have actually helped us land him... assuming we do hire him.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure how far things got when feelers were extended in November. My understanding is that he intended to stick with ULaLa through the bowl game no matter what, which probably turned some folks away. The timing may have actually helped us land him... assuming we do hire him.

It's kind of interesting how this is all working out. If it works out. Cohen giving Joe the bowl to show what he can do and if he can do it consistently is not a bad thing IMO.

PMDawg
01-04-2020, 01:57 PM
I don't find this hard to believe. At some point after the egg bowl and up to the firing, we could have easily sent feelers out. Once the coaching carousel ended, if we got feedback that there was interest from a solid field of candidates (probably including Napier), then we had everything we needed to make the move. I'm okay with that.