PDA

View Full Version : JOE

Percho
01-03-2020, 08:29 PM
?Just hoped to share some thoughts on a pretty emotional day.?

?First and foremost, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation to Dr. Keenum and Mr. Cohen for providing me the wonderful opportunity to be the Head Coach Mississippi State University.?

?I would like to thank our alumni, our students, and our incredible fanbase for their support and making Davis Wade one of the best gameday venues in the country.?

?I would like to thank our coaches and support staff for their tireless work ethic and commitment to developing our student-athletes and preparing them for success on and off the field.?

?I would like to thank the Starkville Community and Public School System for embracing my family and amking us fel at home in a place very far from our roots.?

?Lastly and most importantly, I would like to thank our players and families. I appreciate all of the hard work and dedication you have put in over the past two seasons. I?m proud of the things we were able to accomplish in the field, in the classroom and in the community. I hope that I have made a positive impact on your lives and helped you grow as a student, a person and a player. I love all of you and will always just be a phone call away.?

?My family and I will always cherish our time in Starkville. Part of us will always bleed Maroon and White. We wish the program nothing but the best moving forward.?

?As my Grandma would always say, ?It?s never good bye, it?s always see you later?.?

?See y?all later.?

?God Bless and Hail State?

Percho
01-03-2020, 08:29 PM
From Joe

BeardoMSU
01-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Classy, Joe. Good luck wherever you land.

deadheaddawg
01-03-2020, 08:33 PM
Hope he finds his LSU and has a lot of success.

msstate7
01-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Nice statement.

chef dixon
01-03-2020, 08:35 PM
Hope he finds his LSU and has a lot of success.

Hope he coaches Pitt one day and goes 7-5 every year

MetEdDawg
01-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Joe seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. Saw an article written by someone earlier about some of the stuff he did this Christmas around the city. Seemed like a pretty selfless guy that had a solid personality. Lot of our writers have come out and said he was way better to work with than Mullen.

Unfortunately the organization of our football program and the structure didnt jive with that. Sucks because he seemed like a good dude. Classy response by him.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Good luck in the future sorry it didn't work out here. Joes a good guy I believe just not an sec hc

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 08:38 PM
It was a nice statement.

Reunion Dog
01-03-2020, 08:38 PM
To bad you didn't show that humbleness after the EB!

R2Dawg
01-03-2020, 08:42 PM
Nice statement but I'm not buying it was genuine. He had to say it. I wish that was how he felt but I don't see it. Maybe one day he will feel that way.

He told us what he really thought several times in many press conferences.

bostondawg
01-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Hoping for the best for him in the future. He's a good coach, it just didn't fit here.

PMDawg
01-03-2020, 09:18 PM
It wasn't working here, but I appreciate this. It's better than Dan. He was here for 9 seasons and just ran off like a little bitch.

mparkerfd20
01-03-2020, 10:09 PM
NM. I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Mobile Bay
01-03-2020, 10:21 PM
Tell him I said to go kick rocks and pound sand.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

MagicDawg
01-03-2020, 11:06 PM
I have little doubt that he wanted things to work out as much as we did.

I wish it had worked out better. I wish good deeds and eloquent speeches and knowing how to strike the right tone were directly translatable to leading our football program. Clearly, you can be a good man and a bad fit as a football coach. I wish him success wherever he lands.

In all likelihood, he will land at a school where he'll end up as our opponent sometime in the near future, at which time he'll beat us soundly because that's how we roll. #deadinjuns

I'm ready for the new regime to get in here and clean up the mess, and thank God this new year has finally delivered something to reignite interest and excitement in our program because the last two years have been a steady and precipitous decline.

That is all.

msbulldog
01-04-2020, 07:56 AM
I wish him all the luck in the world, some where else. He has had a lot of luck at MSU, after all he came here a wage earner and he leaves here a multi-millionaire. The people I feel sorry for are the on field and off the field staff, who may be looking for a job.

99jc
01-04-2020, 08:14 AM
We made you a millionaire get the 17 outta here! Oh and you will always owe me 5k.

Indndawg
01-04-2020, 08:17 AM
"Out of the fullness of a man's heart, the mouth speaks"

Real Joe was post EB

This Joe is the one trying to find a job

Uncivilengineer
01-04-2020, 09:16 AM
You are right. This is him politicking for a other 3.5 million dollars a year job. His real thoughts were said after the egg bowl barely-win presser.

Dannyripms
01-04-2020, 10:49 AM
There's no denying Joe was a great man and everyone wanted him to succeed badly. He's easy to pull for but he just wasn't able to apply discipline and get the offense going. I wouldn't of minded if we could somehow keep him on staff as a recruiting coordinator or something. But this is a business and feelings don't matter.

Bubb Rubb
01-04-2020, 11:02 AM
Nice statement but I'm not buying it was genuine. He had to say it. I wish that was how he felt but I don't see it. Maybe one day he will feel that way.

He told us what he really thought several times in many press conferences.

He didn't have to say anything. He could have just headed north and badmouthed us. I don't see the point in kicking someone while they're down. Wish the guy the best and move on.

msudawg1200
01-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Just shake hands and move on. No hard feelings, but I didn’t care for the “this is my team/kick rocks/pound sand” tirade. I’m just glad his tenure is over.

gravedigger
01-04-2020, 11:28 AM
NM. I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Wish more people could do this.

DownwardDawg
01-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Just shake hands and move on. No hard feelings, but I didn’t care for the “this is my team/kick rocks/pound sand” tirade. I’m just glad his tenure is over.

Right there with ya.

Bothrops
01-04-2020, 11:36 AM
I hope Joe gets a good HC gig somewhere, that turns into a long term home. He and his family deserve that.

fader2103
01-04-2020, 11:40 AM
I will never have ill will towards anyone who comes willingly to Mississippi State. It wasn't the right fit here.

I was upset at Croom's coaching but had several conversations with him and he is a great guy.

I was pissed at Mullen but hope he achieves success in the NFL

Joe Moorhead seemed like a great guy. Never really got to talk to him but hopes he catches on somewhere and wins consistently.

yjnkdawg
01-04-2020, 11:46 AM
I think JoeMo is a good man, and I wish him the best in his future football career and in his life in general. I didn't care for some of the comments he made in the last two pressers, but I think he was too much concerned and too sensitive to what people were saying about him on social media. Mulllen never let that bother him when he was here. Nobody can prove that JoeMo didn't want to win at MSU and that he never put in the work, especially in recruiting to try to do so. The SEC West is a different animal and trying to be a first time P5 Head Coach and in this conference was just over whelming, and then you add in being the OC. Also being a buddy buddy type coach doesn't work in this type of venue. I really wanted him to succeed from day one, but it just didn't work out. That happens so all parties need to move on to hopefully better things.

fader2103
01-04-2020, 11:58 AM
I could see Joe landing at Notre Dame as OC