PDA

View Full Version : ULL writer just said....

DogsofAnarchy
01-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Watch out for MSU....something is up. Called negotiations.....try not to forget it.

Cloak
01-03-2020, 08:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zPEkQzT.jpg

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 08:30 PM
BOOOMMMMM

deadheaddawg
01-03-2020, 08:30 PM
FWIW Looks like Billy embody is a LSU guy, not a ULL guy.

At least that's what his Twitter bio says

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2020, 08:39 PM

ULL is paying him to work for them. I feel pretty good that its Napier we are just dancing right now

msu15
01-03-2020, 08:40 PM

He works for LSU, ULL, and SMU 247

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 08:43 PM

A little tip about those La types, they are all LSU people. Like Jack State people in Alabama they are all Bammers or Aubs.

OLJWales
01-03-2020, 08:51 PM
notice how sports folk down here refer to us as "State"? My buddy who grew up in south LA, went to ULL, but is a rapid LSU fan. when we talk shit, he ALWAYS refers to us as "State".

DownwardDawg
01-03-2020, 08:54 PM
notice how sports folk down here refer to us as "State"? My buddy who grew up in south LA, went to ULL, but is a rapid LSU fan. when we talk shit, he ALWAYS refers to us as "State".

That's how we should be identified across the nation! We are State!!!

OLJWales
01-03-2020, 08:57 PM

Yep, time for the re-branding process to begin. "STATE" and change the city's name to Starkvegas. I would approve.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-03-2020, 08:57 PM

What’s wrong with “State”? At least he didn’t call us Ole Miss....

DownwardDawg
01-03-2020, 08:58 PM
Yep, time for the re-branding process to begin. "STATE" and change the city's name to Starkvegas. I would approve.

I agree!!!

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:02 PM

Said the same for years. That ought to be our brand...STATE

deadheaddawg
01-03-2020, 09:35 PM
I would love to make a push to brand us more as "State". We've laid the groundwork with our use of Hail State. I think enough people know and associat Hail State with us, that we could really become "state"

Skydawg1
01-03-2020, 11:31 PM
There's been a lot of new tshirts sweatshirts etc that simply say "State". Next time y'all need one, try to find one like that. Especially you guys in LA or AL.

Reunion Dog
01-03-2020, 11:39 PM
The WORDMARK Mississippi State needs to be retired.

Better ask the Nashville PR Firm that has made Gazillions on us.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 02:32 AM
Said the same for years. That ought to be our brand...STATE

I agree.

State82
01-04-2020, 04:48 AM

Bingo. This has always been my contention. Even though there are a number of other state universities in the country, in the southeast when you hear State it usually refers to us and we need to grab hold of that and run with it. Absolutely.

TheLostDawg
01-04-2020, 07:33 AM
The WORDMARK Mississippi State needs to be retired.

Better ask the Nashville PR Firm that has made Gazillions on us.

Wait, what?

Sienfield
01-04-2020, 08:05 AM
This thread sure went sideways in a hurry.

Dawgbite
01-04-2020, 09:22 AM
I was walking on the beach last week in OBA and had a guy in a Bama cap and a guy in an LSU shirt both give me a “Hail State” . I never really expected it to catch on beyond our fan base.

Maroonthirteen
01-04-2020, 09:29 AM
Any true sec fan that I have meet, that follows the conference even casually, refers to us as State.

At least fans in the 40yo range.

Nutriaitch
01-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Any true sec fan that I have meet, that follows the conference even casually, refers to us as State.

At least fans in the 40yo range.

that’s my age group and have pretty much always thought of y’all as “State”
90% of LSU fans i know refer to y’all that way.

I’ve also heard old timers at cattle sales in Louisville, MS call y’all “State” like 25 years ago.

so I guess i just always assumes that kind of was y’all brand.

MrKotter
01-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Everybody in my circle (bama, ut, Memphis, ark) has always referred to us as State. Always considered it pretty common

coastratdog
01-04-2020, 10:46 AM
40 plus years ago I had tshirts that had "STATE" and "MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY" in block letters on them. Very simple, nothing fancy. I also had one the read "Let's Win Something Today". Never really cared for the banner logo.

Coach34
01-04-2020, 11:07 AM
If not State- what do people call us? As far as legit names

BogeyGolfer
01-04-2020, 11:10 AM
40 plus years ago I had tshirts that had "STATE" and "MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY" in block letters on them. Very simple, nothing fancy. I also had one the read "Let's Win Something Today". Never really cared for the banner logo.

I just bought a hoodie and my daughter a sweat shirt two weeks ago that have State on them and that's it? I'm not sure what you guys are talking about? Should we market ourselves more as State....I don't know...seems odd to just refer to us as State. I would think the market will decide on merchandise if you want to promote the brand that way but I know the baseball team uses jerseys that say only State.

Coach34
01-04-2020, 11:20 AM
...I don't know...seems odd to just refer to us as State.

What else are we called? I never meet anybody that calls us anything but State

State82
01-04-2020, 11:24 AM
I would think the market will decide on merchandise if you want to promote the brand that way but I know the baseball team uses jerseys that say only State.

Basketball does also. Never been a big fan of the banner logo either. I actually prefer apparel that says Mississippi State or State over the M State logo.

BogeyGolfer
01-04-2020, 11:26 AM

No, like the State brand but not exclusively...I think most people in the South know us as "State." But I don't see how you brand that nation wide... I'm good either way and I really like the "State" merchandise but if I wear my hoodie on vacation in Idaho/ WY anywhere outside of the foot-print, they won't have a clue what that means. Not that it really matters...

OLJWales
01-04-2020, 11:29 AM
I kinda like the M state logo but maybe time for a change? Make the "M" smaller and the "STATE " bigger?

Jarius
01-04-2020, 11:39 AM
I kinda like the M state logo but maybe time for a change? Make the "M" smaller and the "STATE " bigger?

I hate our logo. It looks extremely cheap. I like your idea but the best logo is the interlocking MSU with the walking Bully. There was no reason to change it.

RiverCityDawg
01-04-2020, 11:41 AM

The only other thing I've heard is "MSU", but not often. If not State, over here in Alabama these idiots are just as likely to call us "Mississippi". All the more reason to brand as "State".

DownwardDawg
01-04-2020, 11:47 AM
The only other thing I've heard is "MSU", but not often. If not State, over here in Alabama these idiots are just as likely to call us "Mississippi". All the more reason to brand as "State".

Same in Louisiana. I get asked every week, “who does Mississippi play this weekend?” **** if I know.

Coach34
01-04-2020, 12:08 PM
Our current logo is garbage

TimberBeast
01-04-2020, 12:15 PM
I and most people I know or talk to refer to us as State. However, I have worked with a Michigan State alum and Penn State alum and they both refer to their schools as State also. I have had many confusing conversations with the Michigan State guy about “State” basketball over the years.