PDA

View Full Version : He?s Coming Home!

Charlie_Sheen420
01-03-2020, 07:26 PM
It?s going to be Mark Hudspeth, it just makes too much sense to not be at this point. Guy has a proven record as head coach at all stops, bleeds maroon and State is his dream job, provides discipline and demands respect, knows the south and MS, current players know him well from being on staff last year and even some recruits so he provides stability there, and you could argue he set up the foundation Napier is winning with right now. It was a mistake not to hire him 2 years ago because he would have taken the 2018 team to 10 wins, he knows how to coach and he gets the State culture and knows what it takes to win here. I have no source, just my gut feeling

Jeb Busch Lite
01-03-2020, 07:28 PM
Hud will never be coach here

Doggie_Style
01-03-2020, 07:49 PM
It?s going to be Mark Hudspeth, it just makes too much sense to not be at this point. Guy has a proven record as head coach at all stops, bleeds maroon and State is his dream job, provides discipline and demands respect, knows the south and MS, current players know him well from being on staff last year and even some recruits so he provides stability there, and you could argue he set up the foundation Napier is winning with right now. It was a mistake not to hire him 2 years ago because he would have taken the 2018 team to 10 wins, he knows how to coach and he gets the State culture and knows what it takes to win here. I have no source, just my gut feeling

I agree....while I don?t completely rule out Napier or Grantham I believe Hud may be Cohen?s guy. It?s a low risk hire (which he needs at this point). We know him and he is a proven head coach. He also fits Cohen?s statement as someone who fits our unique environment and loves Mississippi State

Bobby Ricigliano
01-03-2020, 07:50 PM
Hud will never be coach here

Nm

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Nm

The guys that say this never actually answer the question.

CovertDawg
01-03-2020, 08:26 PM
It might work out with Hud but we would be the laughing stock of college football handing an SEC West job to a coach who got fired from the Sun Belt if he does not win at lest 6 games next year.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-03-2020, 08:34 PM
It might work out with Hud but we would be the laughing stock of college football handing an SEC West job to a coach who got fired from the Sun Belt if he does not win at lest 6 games next year.

It?s worth the risk, by that standard LSU is a laughing stock with Ed Orgeron as he was fired by Ole Piss and turned away by USC. There?s a reason why HUD would work at state, he FITS and he gets it here just like Orgeron currently does at LSU

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 09:21 PM
I would rather have him then that guy road the rented mule to a Natty and is considered a great coach. Hell Mullen would have won the natty that years with that mule.

OLJWales
01-03-2020, 09:23 PM

You are as 17'd of an individual that your avitar portryays. Seek Help

eta; never mind, you said your gut, that's cool. but please change that disgusting pic. that dude's sick.

Leroy Jenkins
01-03-2020, 09:28 PM
Some MSU fans have this battered wife syndrome and seem to think we have to settle for something. This is a top 25 job. Even some in our own leadership are small minded.

Mobile Bay
01-04-2020, 04:48 AM
He was here two years and was hammered for Ole Miss like violations at ULL. No thank you.

msbulldog
01-04-2020, 06:44 AM
I could get behind Hud, and it was David Saunders that got ULL on probation. That probation led to scholarship reductions and bad publicity that cost ULL players and led to a downturn in Hud's success. Saunders learned his cheating ways at TSUN under Orgeron and coaching with Freeze who was on the staff at the same time.

msbulldog
01-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Hud was clear of any violations by the NCAA, and gave Saunders 8 years show cause.