PDA

View Full Version : Brad Logan Lays His Nutts On the Table

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 04:43 PM
I wonder if he's buddies with Pete Roussel?

Rex54
01-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Iron Bill come on down!!!

Big4Dawg
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
I like Sale but think we could upgrade Roberts

vv83
01-03-2020, 04:52 PM

Agree. I hope we don’t 17 this up. Give Billy 3.8 and the assistants 5.2 and make Grantham say no

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Every time Wyatt brings up Grantham's name for head coach.. he just says.. get him back in starkville anyway...

Hmmmmm

I don't see us stealing him back but that would be freaking awesome.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Every time Wyatt brings up Grantham's name for head coach.. he just says.. get him back in starkville anyway...

Hmmmmm

I wonder if Napier & Grantham know each other?

With Napier being from Georgia & Grantham coaching at Georgia with Napiers dad & brothers being HS coaches in Georgia & both working for Saban, it's certainly possible that they know each other

Big4Dawg
01-03-2020, 04:56 PM
I wonder if Napier & Grantham know each other?

delete

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Napier was his brother's OC at ASU.

Todd Graham & Grantham are not brothers.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 04:57 PM

I wouldn't sell Roberts short. He has A LOT of MS connections. People tend to forget he had a hell of a run at Delta St. Damn near won a national championship. I'm not saying we'd keep him and hell maybe we'll back a Brinks truck up to Grantham. But I wouldn't count out Ron Roberts. I also think he could end up replacing Napier at ULL.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-03-2020, 04:58 PM

Hmmmmm

Isn't his son signed with the baseball team?

Big4Dawg
01-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Todd Graham & Grantham are not brothers.

You're right. Deleted

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 04:59 PM

Hmmmmm

We do have a few things going for us. His family liked Starkville and his son will be playing baseball for us next season.

BeardoMSU
01-03-2020, 05:00 PM
We do have a few things going for us. His family liked Starkville and his son will be playing baseball for us next season.

the players liked playing for him a lot too, I seem to remember.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 05:00 PM
Isn't his son signed with the baseball team?

He is. Todd may have interest in being here.

Perhaps he also knows that Mullen wants to go to the NFL & may not retain him for that.

Napier would have to want Todd though & we don't even know if they know each other, although, due to their backgrounds, I'd bet the house they've at least met

RiverCityDawg
01-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Deleted

TrapGame
01-03-2020, 05:05 PM
If Napier wants/agrees to him as his DC, Cohen needs to make Todd Grantham the highest paid asst. coach in the country. He'd be DC/Asst. HC. Then I'd throw in every incentive imaginable for him and his family to enjoy baseball season.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2020, 05:07 PM

Willie Gay said he wanted him for HC

BiscuitEater
01-03-2020, 05:09 PM

His OL Coach is D.J. Looney (OL, Mississippi State)

Big4Dawg
01-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Tosh Lupoi needs a job. Coached w/ Napier at bama. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tosh_Lupoi

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 05:10 PM
If Napier wants/agrees to him as his DC, Cohen needs to make Todd Grantham the highest paid asst. coach in the country. He'd be DC/Asst. HC. Then I'd throw in every incentive imaginable for him and his family to enjoy baseball season.

Agree. The Grantham skybox

DLGDawg
01-03-2020, 05:11 PM
I wonder if he's buddies with Pete Roussel?

A good read about Napier and his recruiting model. Our assistant money is going to have to go up. IF...he is the guy I bet that was part of the deal just like at ULL.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

trojandawg
he doesn't know he just tweeted 8 minutes ago that Holtz might be a name to look at.

HailStateSZN19

HC-Napier
DC/AHC-Grantham
OC/OL- Rob Sale (Napier's best friend so assume he'd come, coached at UGA and ASU)
RB- Jabbar Juluke (coached at LSU in 2016 and coached Fournette & Guice)
S&C- Napier has a legit guy at ULL, Mark Hocke, who was at A&M, FSU, UGA, & Bama. Would be fine with him or bringing Feld back home potentially

That's a strong start to a staff and just some spit balling on who Napier might bring with him.

Homedawg
01-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Agree. I hope we don?t 17 this up. Give Billy 3.8 and the assistants 5.2 and make Grantham say no

Grantham is NOT coming back here as a coordinator. Not unless he doesn't have a job and no big takers.

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Well if we want him (grantham) we would really have to run with the big boys. He got bumped to 1.8 mil/year last spring.. top 5 asst pay in the country. contract thru 2022.

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 05:14 PM
His OL Coach is D.J. Looney (OL, Mississippi State)

Asst Oline coach, Rob Sale is oline coach.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 05:17 PM
A good read about Napier and his recruiting model. Our assistant money is going to have to go up. IF...he is the guy I bet that was part of the deal just like at ULL.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/07/18/billy-napier-louisiana-lafayette-nick-saban

I like what I'm hearing, but he's going to have to prove it.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 05:18 PM
HC-Napier
DC/AHC-Grantham
OC/OL- Rob Sale (Napier's best friend so assume he'd come, coached at UGA and ASU)
S&C- Napier has a legit guy at ULL, Mark Hocke, who was at A&M, FSU, UGA, & Bama. Would be fine with him or bringing Feld back home potentially

That's a strong start to a staff and just some spit balling on who Napier might bring with him.

One of the benefits of hiring a head coach is that they already have a staff they trust. Huge is getting off the ground quick

Turfdawg67
01-03-2020, 05:18 PM

That honor, especially on the DC side should go to Venables, but I hear you. How bout we force Lemonis to start Grantham's son?

msstate7
01-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Grantham is NOT coming back here as a coordinator. Not unless he doesn't have a job and no big takers.

Yeah, I don't see it. Hey Todd, we've passed you over twice, but hey come work for the 2nd guy we passed you over for

Turfdawg67
01-03-2020, 05:29 PM
And to the OP... isn't Brad Logan a water toter for OM? If so, he probably has ulterior motives, like pissing Napier off because it's drawing attention to the situation when he wants his kids focused on their bowl game?

gtowndawg
01-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I don't see it. Hey Todd, we've passed you over twice, but hey come work for the 2nd guy we passed you over for

Totally agree. Ain't happening.

OLJWales
01-03-2020, 05:46 PM
And to the OP... isn't Brad Logan a water toter for OM? If so, he probably has ulterior motives, like pissing Napier off because it's drawing attention to the situation when he wants his kids focused on their bowl game?

If so, he needs his ass kicked.

Anonymous
01-03-2020, 05:48 PM
HC-Napier
DC/AHC-Grantham

Bringing in Feld needs to be a pre-req for the next guy. Honestly, learning that Joe Mo made a half assed stab at him was the most damning bit of evidence.

He is one of like 2-3 S&C guys who is a legitimate recruiting tool. Not only is he arguably the best in the business, but he is a giant social media hire.

gtowndawg
01-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Bringing in Feld needs to be a pre-req for the next guy. Honestly, learning that Joe Mo made a half assed stab at him was the most damning bit of evidence.

He is one of like 2-3 S&C guys who is a legitimate recruiting tool. Not only is he arguably the best in the business, but he is a giant social media hire.

I'd be utterly shocked if we could pull Feld. I know he played here but he has a Top 10 job with direct access to Nike. I just don't see it.