PDA

View Full Version : It is concerning to me...

CadaverDawg
01-03-2020, 04:42 PM
that Steve is saying his sources are impeccable on Napier and "no deal has been agreed to". I just don't understand making this move without having a deal 99% in place. If we blow this after a late firing to begin with, we could end up a laughing stock

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:44 PM
I just don't understand making this move without having a deal 99% in place.

coaches are a very close knit fraternity.

flirting with/"hiring" a guy before you even have an opening can be dangerous business.

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 04:45 PM
that Steve is saying his sources are impeccable on Napier and "no deal has been agreed to". I just don't understand making this move without having a deal 99% in place. If we blow this after a late firing to begin with, we could end up a laughing stock

and you notice how he says... he has known we would fire joe since tuesday..

Come on Mannnnnnn....
Remember everything you read by Steve is a mouth piece of John's. He ain't breaking any news... so just believe he is not telling the whole truth...

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Hang in there CD. We'll have a new coach very soon!

dantheman4248
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Company line is no deal in place so Billy can coach his bowl game.

Idk about you, but I'm happy that a guy would like to finish his job before he starts the next one.

Bubb Rubb
01-03-2020, 04:48 PM

Steve is not going to break that we are hiring Billy Napier until he gets approval to do so. Napier is preparing for a bowl game and I'm sure we're helping him with cover so he can prepare for that. That's why you're hearing all of this speculation.

I'm 110% certain we have our guy and I'm about 95% certain it's Billy Napier.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Company line is no deal in place so Billy can coach his bowl game.

Idk about you, but I'm happy that a guy would like to finish his job before he starts the next one.

Yep definitely an admirable quality.

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Smokescreen...and we can’t really have a signed agreement until everything is finalized with ULL and after he finishes the bowl game Monday. We can have an understanding with him and his agent but not a signed agreement. He will have resign from ULL first and he can’t do that while still coaching them

Commercecomet24
We have our new coach lined up. It's just a matter of time now.

TrapGame
Steve is doing his part. He's part of the smoke screen.

RiverCityDawg
01-03-2020, 04:50 PM
In the world of coaching hires there is never an agreement until it's time to announce it. I don't know if it's actually done or not, but the fact that Steve went at such lengths to discuss Napier in his update and supported a Napier hire on his podcast is encouraging to me.

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 04:51 PM
I think no need to be concern. After the way all this went down over the last month, they will spend what they need to in order for it not to become a laughing stock.

the_real_MSU_is_us
Once again let's go over this:

Rosey says what Cohen wants him to say. Rosey blasting Joe 2 days ago was significant because it meant Cohen was serious about making a move.

Now Rosey is saying no deal is in place, still a coaching search, yadda yadda because that's what COHEN wants him to say. Stop thinking Rosey brings real sources to the table, he doesnt. He does what the admin wants.

Right now we probably have s deal with Napier that Napier wants quiet so he can coach a bowl game with a focused team. So State media saying it's not a done deal is part of that.

ShotgunDawg

What do you expect Steve to say?

MrKotter
01-03-2020, 04:52 PM
You think either side , Napier or State, would say a deal is done when he has a game left? No chance. The paranoia going around is a bit early. If it is Napier I'm sure he wants all distractions away from his team until the bowl game is over.

BiscuitEater
01-03-2020, 04:52 PM
flirting with/"hiring" a guy before you even have an opening can be dangerous business.

BUT, firing a HC without having a replacement committed is suicide ala .. see Rick Ray.

Doggie_Style
01-03-2020, 04:53 PM

He did mention that we have been in contact with Billy's agent and that basic criteria had been discussed.....the final paperwork is not signed but it is being constructed. If we weren't very close with Napier his name would already be scratched.

BeardoMSU
01-03-2020, 04:54 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/U4PYmPl4uTx8A/giphy.gif

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:56 PM
BUT, firing a HC without having a replacement committed is suicide ala .. see Rick Ray.

worked out OK for us (for now at least).

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Bottom line: if it is the case that we have a guy lined up and just have to wait for whatever is then fine. If we did what we just did and we DON'T have one lined up.....heads need to roll. One head in particular.

deadheaddawg
01-03-2020, 04:57 PM
I hope the baylor job doesn't open up.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:57 PM

Rick Ray did NOT work out OK. It took a decade to get back to the spot we were in when we fired Stans, the NIT.

BiscuitEater
01-03-2020, 05:03 PM

Nope sorry BUT, Rick Ray did not work out. We fired Stans without having a HC committed and we STILL have NOT fully recovered from that fiasco!

Turfdawg67
01-03-2020, 05:05 PM

If I remember correctly, we "thought" we had a up-and-coming mid-tier coach on the hook. The one at Murray State?? Hope we learned from that and have Napier or whomever sealed up. I'm a worrier like CD.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Rick Ray did NOT work out OK. It took a decade to get back to the spot we were in when we fired Stans, the NIT.

Nope sorry BUT, Rick Ray did not work out. We fired Stans without having a HC committed and we STILL have NOT fully recovered from that fiasco!

sorry, I meant firing a coach with absolutely no actual replacement plan worked out for LSU.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2020, 05:12 PM

There is simply no way that we make this move unless Napier has said yes.

Bottom line is that we are going by offer close to 15 million over 4 years, he is making less than a million a year now. Everyone just relax for a few days.

maroonmania
01-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Steve is not going to break that we are hiring Billy Napier until he gets approval to do so. Napier is preparing for a bowl game and I'm sure we're helping him with cover so he can prepare for that. That's why you're hearing all of this speculation.

I'm 110% certain we have our guy and I'm about 95% certain it's Billy Napier.

Exactly, SR isn't going to say anything other than what Cohen wants him to say on this topic. So that is why when Steve started venting on the culture problem at MSU it became fairly obvious that Moorhead was on his way out.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Hmm

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 07:07 PM
I hope the baylor job doesn't open up.

What sucks is that Baylor is a better job not because of fan base or talent but because of schedule. Our greatest asset sometimes scares people I guess

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Hmm

We just don't know. You may be right or you may be wrong.

With Napier having a bowl game on Monday night, I don't see anyway that we would've had a deal with him anyway

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-03-2020, 07:09 PM
Baylor does have a shit ton of money though.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2020, 03:24 PM
Hmm