PDA

View Full Version : Pat Forde weighs in.............

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:02 PM
https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/03/mississippi-state-incoming-signees-nli-joe-moorhead-firing?xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=si-ncaafb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

This won't be the last of these. The pressure to do exactly what he is saying will probably be irresistible.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2020, 04:03 PM
Leave it up to you to be Buzz Killington

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:05 PM
And yet so far none of our signees have asked for a release and all seem to be excited about the future.

ETA. Even if we have to let some go it was worth getting rid of the problem. If joe stayed another year our program would be in ashes.

FriarsPoint
01-03-2020, 04:06 PM
F that guy. “Know your place, rednecks”. I guarandamntee you some of the blue bloods he knob slobbers have done far worse.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 04:06 PM
So what about the rest of the roster. They didn't sign up for Mullen leaving and Moorhead coming on board or now this change too. Not saying we shouldn't talk to them about any options they may have but ... next year when he would've been fired they really stuck then. This is a fresh start for them.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Leave it up to you to be Buzz Killington

If you didn't expect this you hadn't thought it through. If they want to leave, they will be allowed to one way or another. The job is selling them on not leaving.

smootness
And yet so far none of our signees have asked for a release and all seem to be excited about the future.

ETA. Even if we have to let some go it was worth getting rid of the problem. If joe stayed another year our program would be in ashes.

Right. We absolutely should give a release to anyone who wants it. But hardly anyone will ask for one.

Jack Lambert
Where are they going to go? Many of the schools they would chose probably have very few spots left.

redstickdawg
01-03-2020, 04:08 PM
https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/03/mississippi-state-incoming-signees-nli-joe-moorhead-firing?xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=si-ncaafb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

This won't be the last of these. The pressure to do exactly what he is saying will probably be irresistible.

Why would it be irresistible? They signed with MSU not JoMo. There will be a couple at most that may not want ot be here, so be it.

I feel that there are likely to be many changes that we will see as the new coach must improve discipline and other intangibles that were let slide with JoMo.

ShotgunDawg

I don't disagree at all that we should & will release players, but you realize they have to ask for it first, right?

Like, we're not going to release players that don't ask for a release & my guess is that even before we offer a release to a player asking, we'll ask the player to allow the new coach to meet with them first.

Do people just expect MSU to release everyone before we ask?

Commercecomet24
Right. We absolutely should give a release to anyone who wants it. But hardly anyone will ask for one.

Agree wholeheartedly. If someone wants out we should absolutely grant them their release. It would be the right thing to do.

chef dixon
01-03-2020, 04:09 PM
Gotta love a hit piece trashing us for not releasing the signees 3 hours after his firing lol

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 04:09 PM
If you didn't expect this you hadn't thought it through. If they want to leave, they will be allowed to one way or another. The job is selling them on not leaving.

There's gonna be criticism and poo-pooing no matter what we do or when we do it. If Saban retired the amount of crap thrown out like this during the next coaching search would be similar. It's the nature of the beast.

Technetium
01-03-2020, 04:10 PM
What a ridiculous article. It's one thing if recruits are publicly calling for release and won't be given it, it's another to make assumptions that all of these recruits are devastated and don't want to go to MSU anymore because of a sudden coaching change. There is zero evidence that we have refused any recruit any such request. Call me once they start blowing up twitter asking for a release we won't grant.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:11 PM
Why would it be irresistible? They signed with MSU not JoMo. There will be a couple at most that may not want ot be here, so be it.

I feel that there are likely to be many changes that we will see as the new coach must improve discipline and other intangibles that were let slide with JoMo.

If they want it, they will get it. The job, as I said, is convince them not to want it.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:11 PM
What a ridiculous article. It's one thing if recruits are publicly calling for release and won't be given it, it's another to make assumptions that all of these recruits are devastated and don't want to go to MSU anymore because of a sudden coaching change. There is zero evidence that we have refused any recruit any such request. Call me once they start blowing up twitter asking for a release we won't grant.

This! Ol Pat jumped the gun just a little bit. I have yet to see one player ask for a release much less a parade of "upset and disgruntled" signees. Screw Pat we have to do whats best for MSU not Pat Forde.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Did Cohen say anything about the signees? I dont get why this article is acting like weve been assholes to them when the issue hasnt even come up once in real life. If a kid asks to transfer and we say no, THEN sure write the attack articles

ShotgunDawg
If they want it, they will get it. The job, as I said, is convince them not to want it.

Of course.

Does anyone disagree with this?

I haven't heard one person say we shouldn't grant releases to those that ask for it

Liverpooldawg

He didn't say that. He said if they want it they should get it.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:15 PM
Of course.

Does anyone disagree with this?

I haven't heard one person say we shouldn't grant releases to those that ask for it

There is one in this thread. There are more.

Technetium
01-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Yes, but with the presumption that we are some devious school attempting to deceive recruits with this decision and the presumption that we aren't allowing a release if requested. It's very obviously written as anti-MSU (and MS in general) than it is supportive of releases for players.

Activated Alpha
01-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Thought you might have committed Seppuku after Moorhead was fired this morning. Glad you’re ok.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Yes, but with the presumption that we are some devious school attempting to deceive recruits with this decision and the presumption that we aren't allowing a release if requested. It's very obviously written as anti-MSU (and MS in general) than it is supportive of releases for players.

Exactly. I believe he said we were doing a bait and switch. That certainly isn't a positive spin for MSU.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Thought you might have committed Seppuku after Moorhead was fired this morning. Glad you’re ok.

Me? Hardly. You haven't seen me defend Moorhead this year.

TrapGame
01-03-2020, 04:20 PM
**** Pat Forde.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Exactly. I believe he said we were doing a bait and switch. That certainly isn't a positive spin for MSU.

He compared it to what Ole Miss did with recruits when they knew they were about to be sanctioned. THAT is a bad look.

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 04:22 PM

Give it a rest. You have been wrong about this the whole way from players to optics. He even said in the article IF they ask for a release we should give to them NOT that the majority should just be released. This is not going to play out like you have been screaming for months how we can’t fire a guy after 2 years, wrong...how all the recruits will bolt, wrong...how all the media will blast us and we will be embarrassed from the backlash, wrong and who cares, the media has never been our friends anyway. You release today, news cycle ends over the weekend and nothing will be said. You have multiple media actually stating the opposite of what you thought.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:24 PM
He compared it to what Ole Miss did with recruits when they knew they were about to be sanctioned. THAT is a bad look.

Yes that's definitely a bad look but as of now we haven't done that. His article is premature in the fact we haven't denied any recruit any release or caused them any angst at all. The article was a slap at us.

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 04:25 PM

And it was a stupid and incorrect analogy. He should get backlash from that alone because it’s not close to the same and he knows it. The rules specifically spell out the difference and a coaching change is not a reason unlike sanctions which is specifically mentioned as a reason they should get automatic release. They played the game with recruits. We just made a late decision instead of when we were going to on Thanksgiving. Just stop with your asinine arguments. You have been wrong about this the whole way.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:26 PM
Give it a rest. You have been wrong about this the whole way from players to optics. He even said in the article IF they ask for a release we should give to them NOT that the majority should just be released. This is not going to play out like you have been screaming for months how we can’t fire a guy after 2 years, wrong...how all the recruits will bolt, wrong...how all the media will blast us and we will be embarrassed from the backlash, wrong and who cares, the media has never been our friends anyway. You release today, news cycle ends over the weekend and nothing will be said. You have multiple media actually stating the opposite of what you thought.

We will see. I hope you are right.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:27 PM

I didn't read it that way at all.

I took it at face value that Miss State changed their mind about Moorhead.
But since it happened AFTER signing day (this is a new wrinkle the early signing period presents), then the correct thing to do would be to release any kid that requested one.
I didn't take him to be saying that y'all intentionally waited until the kids signed. Just that things played out the way they did.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX

It's almost as if he had it written with the school name blank until he found a scenario that fit.

Liverpooldawg
And it was a stupid and incorrect analogy. He should get backlash from that alone because it?s not close to the same and he knows it. The rules specifically spell out the difference and a coaching change is not a reason unlike sanctions which is specifically mentioned as a reason they should get automatic release. They played the game with recruits. We just made a late decision instead of when we were going to on Thanksgiving. Just stop with your asinine arguments. You have been wrong about this the whole way.

We will see. I hope you are right. I will be very happy to be wrong.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:29 PM
I didn't read it that way at all.

I took it at face value that Miss State changed their mind about Moorhead.
But since it happened AFTER signing day (this is a new wrinkle the early signing period presents), then the correct thing to do would be to release any kid that requested one.
I didn't take him to be saying that y'all intentionally waited until the kids signed. Just that things played out the way they did.

You are correct in that this is a new situation. It MAY be a test case with the new signing day. Does anyone know if it's happened before?

msstatelp1
01-03-2020, 04:31 PM

**** him.

He didn't say it but he damn sure compared us to Ole Miss lying to their 2016 recruits.

"In a sport full of bait-and-switch recruiting tactics, signing almost an entire class and then firing the head coach is about as sketchy as it gets. It certainly belongs in the same scam-artist sentence as what Mississippi did with its recruiting class of 2016, misleading prospects regarding the details of an NCAA Notice of Allegations shortly before signing day."

And said the following before we've had a chance to let the dust settle.

" And if Mississippi State has a shred of conscience, it will offer all those new recruits a release from their signed National Letters of Intent."

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:32 PM
You are correct in that this is a new situation. It MAY be a test case with the new signing day. Does anyone know if it's happened before?

this is only the 3rd (correct?) year of it, so I'm going to guess it hasn't happened before.

But it does present a new dynamic with coach firings and hiring.
Like FSU and Arky who fired mid season. You have to pull that trigger fast on a new guy so he's in place before signing day in mid december.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:33 PM
**** him.

He didn't say it but he damn sure compared us to Ole Miss lying to their 2016 recruits.

"In a sport full of bait-and-switch recruiting tactics, signing almost an entire class and then firing the head coach is about as sketchy as it gets. It certainly belongs in the same scam-artist sentence as what Mississippi did with its recruiting class of 2016, misleading prospects regarding the details of an NCAA Notice of Allegations shortly before signing day."

" And if Mississippi State has a shred of conscience, it will offer all those new recruits a release from their signed National Letters of Intent."

Exactly. This was a slap at us plain and simple.

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 04:34 PM

It happens every year, just to assistant coaches. I understand that more than likely most of the coaching staff that recruited them will be gone but that is no different than someone signing with Bama and then getting new position coaches and Offensive or defensive coordinators.

I personally would think changing an offensive or defensive philosophy by changing coordinators would be as bad as the head coach. I have never seen articles written about that.

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Houston, Temple and Miami last year. Miami released one player (signed with Syracuse), Temple none and Houston one (signed with Sam Houston St). It’s not what Forde is making it out to be and not a rash of early signees clamoring to leave a school. So far nearly all of ours on the day of the firing are confirming their commitment

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:36 PM
It happens every year, just to assistant coaches. I understand that more than likely most of the coaching staff that recruited them will be gone but that is no different than someone signing with Bama and then getting new position coaches and Offensive or defensive coordinators.

I personally would think changing an offensive or defensive philosophy by changing coordinators would be as bad as the head coach. I have never seen articles written about that.

usually in those situations, its at least known (or highly suspected) that the change is happening.
especially in the case of Bama. It's know that (fill in assistant name) is leaving to take a HC job somewhere.
you may not know who the replacement will be just yet, but you know he's gone.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Houston, Temple and Miami last year. Miami lost one player, Temple none and Houston one. It’s not what Forde is making it out to be

Exactly.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-03-2020, 04:37 PM
**** him.

Same shit was said when we signed Jeffery Simmons. Give it a week and all anyone will care about is the NC game. This too shall pass.

confucius say
01-03-2020, 04:37 PM

Who has requested a release?
And why do you think we would not grant said request?

LoneStarDawg
01-03-2020, 04:38 PM
To hell with Forde!

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:40 PM
Houston, Temple and Miami last year. Miami released one player (signed with Syracuse), Temple none and Houston one (signed with Sam Houston St). It?s not what Forde is making it out to be and not a rash of player clamoring to leave a school.

Were those fired after singing day or did they leave?

mstatefan91
01-03-2020, 04:40 PM
They don't even care to research the real reasons

From the article:

"Moorhead?s two-year record of 14-12?while playing in the most difficult division in college football?leaves him with a winning percentage of .539. Of the 10 full-time head coaches State has had in the last 60 years, that percentage ranks second only to his predecessor, Dan Mullen.

When .539 gets you run out of Mississippi State, perspective has indeed been lost. But this is par for the warped course in the most dysfunctional and delusional college football state in America."

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Who has requested a release?
And why do you think we would not grant said request?

Nobody yet. They will wait to see who we hire. If they ask for a release we will grant it. It would be pointless not to. Y'all still HAD to have seen this stuff coming. Why the shock and anger when it did?

Really Clark?

Houston fired Applewhite in Jan, Richt retired from Miami right at end of Dec so when Miami hired Manny from Temple (who had just hired him right before early signing day) first of Jan it effected both programs.

Nutriaitch

Richt retired. Didn't say it was health related, but had heart issues not very long afterwards, so I think it may have been.

Applewhite was fired from Houston.

who gives a shit about Temple?

RiverCityDawg
01-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Click bait rage mongering horse shit article. Not clicking.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Houston fired Applewhite in Jan, Richt retired from Miami right at end of Dec so when Miami hired Manny from Temple (who had just hired him right before early signing day) first of Jan it effected both programs.

Cool. Hope it works that way for us.

Todd4State
01-03-2020, 04:53 PM
He's operating under the flawed assumption that the coach is the main or only reason these players choose a school. And that's not the case. If a player really wanted out we would allow it. It would cause more problems to keep a player that want out than the other way around.

Todd4State
01-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Give it a rest. You have been wrong about this the whole way from players to optics. He even said in the article IF they ask for a release we should give to them NOT that the majority should just be released. This is not going to play out like you have been screaming for months how we can?t fire a guy after 2 years, wrong...how all the recruits will bolt, wrong...how all the media will blast us and we will be embarrassed from the backlash, wrong and who cares, the media has never been our friends anyway. You release today, news cycle ends over the weekend and nothing will be said. You have multiple media actually stating the opposite of what you thought.

Liverpool? Wrong? No way!*******

confucius say
01-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Nobody yet. They will wait to see who we hire. If they ask for a release we will grant it. It would be pointless not to. Y'all still HAD to have seen this stuff coming. Why the shock and anger when it did?

Im not shocked or angry. I expected shitty writers to write shitty stuff. Now if players ask for a release and we dont grant it, sure blast away.

runwildjerious
01-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Dennis Dodd from CBS mentioned Luke Getsy as a candidate. WTF is wrong with these people? National sportswriters worth a damn are hard to come by apparently.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 05:01 PM

I haven't been wrong about this YET. Hopefully, and I haven't hoped for many things more than this, I will be. We will know in a few years.

NaborhoodDawg
01-03-2020, 05:06 PM
If we had a lot of our big signees on twitter screaming for us to let them out of their NLI then I could understand why these articles are being written. However, most all of ours are saying that they are still 100% committed to us.Therefore, why even mention us in these articles? None of ours are even asking to be released right now

fishwater99
01-03-2020, 05:12 PM
If we had a lot of our big signees on twitter screaming for us to let them out of their NLI then I could understand why these articles are being written. However, most all of ours are saying that they are still 100% committed to us.Therefore, why even mention us in these articles? None of ours are even asking to be released right now

The Bears are paying for this article, no doubt.

Todd4State
01-03-2020, 05:27 PM
I haven't been wrong about this YET. Hopefully, and I haven't hoped for many things more than this, I will be. We will know in a few years.

Can't fire a coach after two years at MSU right?**. We hired a bad coach at MSU and then proceeded to go 14-12 with two Egg Bowl wins and a NYD bowl appearance. So much leaving the program in shambles too. Recruits staying. Very minimal media backlash- and the best you can come up with is an article that slaps Ole Miss in the face as much as us.

I suggest you enjoy the fact that poor ol Mississippi State is over.

redstickdawg
01-03-2020, 05:34 PM

I guess there's a first time for everyone :)
Give him a break He's already missing JoMo

DLGDawg
01-03-2020, 05:45 PM

It'll be news for a day or so. Next week, it'll be ancient history.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 07:44 PM
I guess there's a first time for everyone :)
Give him a break He's already missing JoMo

You haven't seen me defend Joe once this year. Y'all throw something out and then it's gospel, even when it's a bald faced lie.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
01-03-2020, 08:57 PM
F that guy. ?Know your place, rednecks?. I guarandamntee you some of the blue bloods he knob slobbers have done far worse.
Specifically Louisville home of his girls volleyball pride and joy. I?m not outright saying he had an affair with a UL volleyball player but I have certainly heard that before on several occasions