PDA

View Full Version : Napier is making around $875K at ULL

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 03:58 PM
It would take some major faith that you were going to get a better gig next year to turn down a $2-3 Mil dollar raise.

We need to get him locked up before some other job opens up like Baylor if Rhule goes to the NFL.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 03:59 PM
It would take some major faith that you were going to get a better gig next year to turn down a $2-3 Mil dollar raise.

We need to get him locked up before some other job opens up like Baylor if Rhule goes to the NFL.

that would probably be your biggest competition for him.

TrapGame
01-03-2020, 04:03 PM
I really believe we have an agreed upon deal (verbal) in place with Napier. It will break officially during his bowl game Monday night. There will be a press conference around 3pm Tuesday introducing him.

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 04:05 PM
that would probably be your biggest competition for him.

Of the jobs that could become available, Baylor is the one that worries me.

DeputyDawg94
01-03-2020, 04:05 PM
If he is still the hot name on Monday I guarantee there will be more people in MS watching the game than LA. I’ll be watching for sure.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:08 PM
If he is still the hot name on Monday I guarantee there will be more people in MS watching the game than LA. I’ll be watching for sure.

that may be the case anyway.
nobody in Louisiana gives a crap about USL

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 04:09 PM
If you think Napier is the guy, go to $4 mil

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 04:11 PM

That is pretty much average salary in the SEC now. I don't think we should just pay $4Mil but if he is the guy then pay it if needed.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 04:13 PM

I think as high as $5 mill and pay for the staff he wants. He has a methodology that's a blend from his previous stints and we need to help him become successful. Don't scrimp.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Pay him 4 give him 4-5 to find a staff. We can't go cheap with this anymore.

HailStateSZN19
01-03-2020, 04:26 PM
Pay him 4 give him 4-5 to find a staff. We can't go cheap with this anymore.

I'd go up to around $4-4.5 for Napier as well. For the staff, it needs to be around $5 mil if not a tad bit over that (we were at like $3.6 mil this year & dead last in SEC). OM just gave Kiffin like $5.3 mil for assistants and that's around the middle of the SEC I think. So I think getting to $5 mil for assistants, maybe even just a touch under $5 mil would be a huge jump from $3.6 mil we were at this year.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 04:33 PM
I'd go up to around $4-4.5 for Napier as well. For the staff, it needs to be around $5 mil if not a tad bit over that (we were at like $3.6 mil this year & dead last in SEC). OM just gave Kiffin like $5.3 mil for assistants and that's around the middle of the SEC I think. So I think getting to $5 mil for assistants, maybe even just a touch under $5 mil would be a huge jump from $3.6 mil we were at this year.

And I've got no problem going over 5 mil. My point was that we've got to be competitive in assistant salary pool or we'll continually lose assistants on a yearly basis.

confucius say
01-03-2020, 04:35 PM
He aint staying at ull if we offer 4 million. You ever try telling your wife you are passing up a three million dollar raise? Would not go well.

Now Baylor worries me.

HailStateSZN19
01-03-2020, 04:37 PM
And I've got no problem going over 5 mil. My point was that we've got to be competitive in assistant salary pool or we'll continually lose assistants on a yearly basis.

Oh I 100% agree with you. I wasn't disagreeing with anything you were saying. I was backing what you were saying about the salaries. We can't go cheap anymore. We just tried that and we're changing coaches after 2 seasons and had an assistant coach carousel both years. That's what going cheap gets you. We've got to open the damn check book and start throwing around some serious SEC-level money. We don't have to be in the upper-tier of the SEC (obviously) but we should be somewhere around middle of the pack. At least not dead F'ing last.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 04:44 PM
He aint staying at ull if we offer 4 million. You ever try telling your wife you are passing up a three million dollar raise? Would not go well.

Now Baylor worries me.

I just don't think Matt Rhule leaves, especially for the Giants. I think he's intent on winning a national championship at Baylor, and Baylor is one of those schools that can get into a bidding war with the NFL and win. They'll pay top dollar to keep Rhule. Probably overpay.

bobcat91
01-03-2020, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't go low but if you start out high, you have no place to go. $3.5 million with incentives of another half million. 4 t 5 million for the staff. If he works out like most are hoping, he can get to the 5 million mark in a few years

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Oh I 100% agree with you. I wasn't disagreeing with anything you were saying. I was backing what you were saying about the salaries. We can't go cheap anymore. We just tried that and we're changing coaches after 2 seasons and had an assistant coach carousel both years. That's what going cheap gets you. We've got to open the damn check book and start throwing around some serious SEC-level money. We don't have to be in the upper-tier of the SEC (obviously) but we should be somewhere around middle of the pack. At least not dead F'ing last.

Hit the nail on the head. It's embarassing that we're dead last in spending. We need to be in the 7-8 range. We got spoiled with Mullen because the CC worked cheap just to stay with Dan.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
I just don't think Matt Rhule leaves, especially for the Giants.

think closer to Baylor.
Cowboys is the job that would possibly interest him.

Turfdawg67
01-03-2020, 04:53 PM

Well a $3 million raise would make it $3.875 million, so...

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 05:00 PM
think closer to Baylor.
Cowboys is the job that would possibly interest him.

Now that he might leave for. I think they're looking more Mike Zimmer or Lincoln Riley though

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 05:08 PM
I just don't think Matt Rhule leaves, especially for the Giants. I think he's intent on winning a national championship at Baylor, and Baylor is one of those schools that can get into a bidding war with the NFL and win. They'll pay top dollar to keep Rhule. Probably overpay.

He is from New York and coached for the Giants for a season before being named HC for Temple. I think it’s a better chance he would consider it than you are stating. Now he may be perfectly content to stay at Baylor but the Giants would be a big draw for him

defiantdog
01-03-2020, 05:08 PM
that may be the case anyway.
nobody in Louisiana gives a crap about USL

Way to show your age with that USL reference.....

defiantdog
01-03-2020, 05:11 PM
He is from New York and coached for the Giants for a season before being named HC for Temple. I think it’s a better chance he would consider it than you are stating. Now he may be perfectly content to stay at Baylor but the Giants would be a big draw for him
Nope..... he took Baylor knowing it was going to be a turn around situation. He'll be there another 2 years. College coaches go to the NFL to retire. Bill O'Brien was a different situation.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 05:11 PM
Way to show your age with that USL reference.....

those guys HATE being called that too.
it's kind of awesome.

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 05:17 PM
Nope..... he took Baylor knowing it was going to be a turn around situation. He'll be there another 2 years. College coaches go to the NFL to retire. Bill O'Brien was a different situation.

Look I think he stays at Baylor because he and his family are happy their, he is a program builder type and wants to see it through. But the Giants is his dream job. When he took the Baylor job and was debating it and Oregon job, he and his wife was eating his favorite restaurant in New York, not Philly. That’s were the school interviewed him as well, New York. That’s a big pull and attractive to him and his family. I think it will be a tough call but I think he stays at Baylor. But who knows and it’s not nearly as obvious as y’all are making it out to be.

NaborhoodDawg
01-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Went on over to raginpagin to see what they are saying. It is laugh out loud funny over there. Some lines from what I just read ?Msst hasn?t been to SECCG in 20 years, Ole Miss bought hookers and players and still couldn?t make it even though they are the much more prestigious program.?

My favorite: ?MSU is a slum program. Napier won?t leave for that. He?ll wait for South Carolina next year where he can do much better.?

These folks have a very skewed vision of Mississippi State lol.

Turfdawg67
01-03-2020, 05:25 PM

Nick Satan was ready to retire? Wish he had!

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Went on over to raginpagin to see what they are saying. It is laugh out loud funny over there. Some lines from what I just read ?Msst hasn?t been to SECCG in 20 years, Ole Miss bought hookers and players and still couldn?t make it even though they are the much more prestigious program.?

My favorite: ?MSU is a slum program. Napier won?t leave for that. He?ll wait for South Carolina next year where he can do much better.?

These folks have a very skewed vision of Mississippi State lol.

you talking about a fanbase that honestly believes if they change their name to Louisiana
it would put them on the same level as Alabama, Florida, Michigan, etc.