PDA

View Full Version : Ross Dellinger on with Wyatt say

Cowbell
01-03-2020, 02:28 PM
5 seniors just didn't show up for the first bowl practice.Wow.

maroonmania
01-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Imagine how many would not have showed if it hadn't been a business trip.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2020, 02:31 PM

Damn. That's unreal.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 02:34 PM
And that right there is why we couldn't wait any longer. If joe stayed another year we might as well have scrapped the football program. It all starts at the top.

Bdawg
01-03-2020, 02:34 PM
I just heard that crap. That is totally disrespecting your team and coaches. So glad he's gone. That's why it takes a disciplinarian in our neck of the woods, I guess.

BogeyGolfer
01-03-2020, 02:38 PM

I wonder which players didn't show?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 02:41 PM
The leadership on this year's team was shit.

That leadership was likely shit because after playing for Mullen, they knew Moorhead sucked.

Too many players in this program began playing for the name on the back of the jersey rather than the one on the front

Msujd164
01-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Well, we had some suspended for first quarter of bowl game, did we not?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 02:45 PM

We did

CJDAWG85
01-03-2020, 02:50 PM
I think he tried too hard to be liked by the players and never held them accountable. Ultimately, too many of these type issues that started showing up on the field. Under 26 games under JoMo, State was favored in 19. Probably should've been favored over Auburn last year so you could make the case for 20 out of the last 26.

redstickdawg
01-03-2020, 02:53 PM

I'd be willing to bet that this was not the first time this year that it happened, just the first time that any were suspended for it. Too little discipline and too late! The players had too little respect for Joe.

gtowndawg
01-03-2020, 02:57 PM
As others have said, I think the players did like Joe because he was their buddy. He let them do what they wanted and didn't come down on them hard. I mean, water parks instead of the farm? Who wouldn't like that?

ZedFedder
01-03-2020, 03:03 PM
All you have to do is listen to Cohen at the PC to realize the off the field stuff was what really got him canned.

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 03:07 PM
All you have to do is listen to Cohen at the PC to realize the off the field stuff was what really got him canned.

I think Cohen wanted him gone but the power that be would not let it happen and it was the off the field stuff that got Keenum on board.

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 04:19 PM
I think Cohen wanted him gone but the power that be would not let it happen and it was the off the field stuff that got Keenum on board.

You would think after Canny that Cohen would be mindful of the off the field stuff. Who knows if Cohen had his hands tied earlier and the bowl game gave him the ammo to do what he wanted to do.

Hambone
01-04-2020, 01:13 PM
I’m really surprised that this wasn’t revealed sooner than in Matt’s interview.

Although this is over with now, that’s still very troubling that you would have 5 seniors that just didn’t show up when they were supposed to, and that a 1 quarter suspension was all the punishment that was handed down

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 01:17 PM

I think there was a good reason why Cohen didn't extend him and wanted to wait after the bowl game.

And an even more telling thing was Cohen coming out and saying the bowl was a business trip. Which tells me he thought something like this might happen but was willing to give a shot after the Egg Bowl. Joe blew it royally.

Todd4State
01-04-2020, 01:19 PM
I’m really surprised that this wasn’t revealed sooner than in Matt’s interview.

Although this is over with now, that’s still very troubling that you would have 5 seniors that just didn’t show up when they were supposed to, and that a 1 quarter suspension was all the punishment that was handed down

Willie Gay shouldn't have played at all either. And I would have suspended Shrader for New Mexico next year.

The first time I ever saw Gay even somewhat remorseful was after our fans railed him on social media. It gave me the impression that was the first time anyone ever said anything to him about anything.