PDA

View Full Version : From What I?ve Been Told...

NaborhoodDawg
01-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Our first choice is Billy Napier. I spoke with a pretty prominent booster while the PC was taking place who told me ?Napier has our offer and it is up to him. We will know after his bowl game.? If we hire someone else, it?ll be because he turned us down.

deadheaddawg
01-03-2020, 01:58 PM
You've been told?

Wow. Impressive

KOdawg1
01-03-2020, 01:58 PM
We have an agreement with someone. We didn't fire Moorhead just for us to wait

maroonmania
01-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Probably do have a verbal agreement with someone. Of course, that doesn't mean they couldn't still back out on us.

NaborhoodDawg
01-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Yeah. I was told. Be a jackass one time.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-03-2020, 02:14 PM
You've been told?

Wow. Impressive

I usually don't respond to posts like this, but decided to this time. Why do people decide to be pricks and make comments like this? I don't understand. This is a message board. It is a place for people to come and make comments. It is the reason we come and read this board....to get information from each other regarding Miss. State sports. This person came here and gave us what he was told. I'm glad he did. This is the reason I read this board....to hear from others who may have legit info to share. Not all of it is, but we get some pretty damn good info on this board before any other place gets it. Now I know I don't have to read what someone has to say, but I choose to. And until I read what someone has to say, I won't know whether that person chooses to add to the conversation or just be an ass just for the hell of it. This idiot decided to be an ass. Now I know.

Johnson85
01-03-2020, 02:21 PM

Normally this would be a 100% given. But if Hudspeth is considered an acceptable option by those in charge, it's possible we pulled the trigger without a final agreement. But yea, you're almost certainly correct.

MarcoRubio
01-03-2020, 02:34 PM
I usually don't respond to posts like this, but decided to this time. Why do people decide to be pricks and make comments like this? I don't understand. This is a message board. It is a place for people to come and make comments. It is the reason we come and read this board....to get information from each other regarding Miss. State sports. This person came here and gave us what he was told. I'm glad he did. This is the reason I read this board....to hear from others who may have legit info to share. Not all of it is, but we get some pretty damn good info on this board before any other place gets it. Now I know I don't have to read what someone has to say, but I choose to. And until I read what someone has to say, I won't know whether that person chooses to add to the conversation or just be an ass just for the hell of it. This idiot decided to be an ass. Now I know.

I cant, for the life of me, understand why someone has to be a prick.

He didnt declare - this is what is going to happen, my source is the only one that counts -
He said - from what I have been told - That means it?s not a sure thing and he isn?t saying it?s the gospel. It is what he has heard.

There?s always going to be assholes I guess.

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 02:41 PM
You've been told?

Wow. Impressive

Still salty over ya boi JoMo being fired? We’re you one of those that said State would never fire a coach in 2 season. Poor old state. Doom. Gloom. Etc.

Five-tool Poster
01-03-2020, 02:43 PM
I cant, for the life of me, understand why someone has to be a prick.

He didnt declare - this is what is going to happen, my source is the only one that counts -
He said - from what I have been told - That means it?s not a sure thing and he isn?t saying it?s the gospel. It is what he has heard.

There?s always going to be assholes I guess.

this is his shtick. he thinks every poster should publish their source and he will vet for accuracy.

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 02:50 PM
I knew two days ago according to my sources that Moorhead was gone and I also know who the new coach is but I am not saying.

Offshore Dawg
01-03-2020, 04:28 PM
I knew two days ago according to my sources that Moorhead was gone and I also know who the new coach is but I am not saying.

Jack are you good with the new hire

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 04:36 PM
You didn't need a source to know he wasn't surviving this. I go back to a quote I heard on the SMU 30 for 30, "When the local media turns on you, watch out. You won't be there for much longer." And when Steve said what he said on his podcast on Wednesday it was no doubt in my mind Moorhead had coached his last game at MSU.

deadheaddawg
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Still salty over ya boi JoMo being fired? We?re you one of those that said State would never fire a coach in 2 season. Poor old state. Doom. Gloom. Etc.
I very much wanted moorhead fired. I'd even take Chizck over him. Hell I'd take Houston Nutt.

The only thing I have said in defense of moorhead regarding firing was calling for his firing in the middle of the season. I said he would be the coach for the remainder of this season.

I am glad we didn't go the Arkansas route. I wanted the season to play out first.

this is his shtick. he thinks every poster should publish their source and he will vet for accuracy.
Not true. I think they should explain their sources. Like Bert Starre did. He explained who his sources were without stating their names.

I do enjoy watching people post nonestop BS rumors and other people eating it up. It's great fun to watch guilibleness in action. It's not really good for our football program to have so many people take so much BS as gospel......but it does make for interesting internet reading.

I enjoy laughing