PDA

View Full Version : Joe Judge?

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 01:46 PM
Suddenly his name pops up.

BiscuitEater
01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Up and rising coach BUT zero HC experience.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
You gotta interview him.

That being said though, we may be better off waiting to get him on a rebound from the NFL once we have a better idea of what type of coach he is.

Similar to what USC did with Pete Carroll

Judge will always be an MSU alum. You don't have to hire him now.

Mobile Bay
01-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Up and rising coach BUT zero HC experience.

Look at PJ Fleck's resume. It's not much better prior to Minnesota.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Look at PJ Fleck's resume. It's not much better prior to Minnesota.

PJ Fleck was a successful G5 coach. You knew what type of head coach he was. Way different.

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2020, 01:59 PM
No

Johnson85
01-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Suddenly his name pops up.

If he wanted to come back to college, this would be a good opportunity for him to do that I guess. But don't think you go from being a special teams and WR coach of the Patriots to be a special teams and WR coach for MSU, especially not for a new coach. Not sure you do that under any circumstances, but maybe you go do it for Saban or Dabo so you can claim after a couple of years you've learned the recruiting angle from the best. OTherwise I don't think you do it unless it's for an OC job, which I doubt he's getting in P5 without any college or coordinator experience first.

Really Clark?
01-03-2020, 02:22 PM
If he wanted to come back to college, this would be a good opportunity for him to do that I guess. But don't think you go from being a special teams and WR coach of the Patriots to be a special teams and WR coach for MSU, especially not for a new coach. Not sure you do that under any circumstances, but maybe you go do it for Saban or Dabo so you can claim after a couple of years you've learned the recruiting angle from the best. OTherwise I don't think you do it unless it's for an OC job, which I doubt he's getting in P5 without any college or coordinator experience first.

They are talking about as a HC. Giants are interviewing him for their HC job and he is becoming a hot new rising HC candidate in the NFL. Probably not this year (they usually start the process for a season or two before a team decides to hire them) but in a couple of years.

fader2103
01-03-2020, 02:43 PM
I disagree with interviewing someone just to see what could possibly be there in 5-15 years or more. We are not hiring for then we are hiring for now.

Johnson85
01-03-2020, 02:50 PM
They are talking about as a HC. Giants are interviewing him for their HC job and he is becoming a hot new rising HC candidate in the NFL. Probably not this year (they usually start the process for a season or two before a team decides to hire them) but in a couple of years.

Which is obviously not going to happen at a P5 program right now. If he's getting interviews for HC jobs in the NFL, it doesn't make sense for him to step backwards to get to college right now. Even if he wants ultimately wanted to be in the college game, he'd have a better chance of getting an NCAA head coaching job faster by staying in the NFL and advancing there.