PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fitz tweet

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 01:33 PM
Did y'all see that on SEC Now?

Fitz tweeted "Y'all are tripping if you think Moorhead isn't a good coach".

That surprised me a good bit right there.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Moorhead is a very intelligent football coach and probably is a good coach. Being a good coach and being a good HEAD coach are 2 very different things.

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Fitzgerald is known for his accurate and introspective tweets.**

JoMo definitely coached him up into the NFL...oh wait...

chef dixon
Players like him, there is no doubt about that.

MetEdDawg
Folks on here continuously claimed he wasn't a good coach and it's just not true.

He was a fantastic offensive mind. But he wasn't a good HC fit at MSU. The two aren't mutually exclusives. I bet Moorhead was a phenomenal teacher. But I would also think him being a better hands on teacher might have led to organizational deficiencies that he didn't know how to handle or control.

msstate7
01-03-2020, 01:38 PM
I think if Moorhead were a good coach, nick would've gone out in a NY6 bowl game

OLJWales
01-03-2020, 01:41 PM
Put him with the right athletes for the only system he seems to know and he will be fine.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Moorhead is a very intelligent football coach and probably is a good coach. Being a good coach and being a good HEAD coach are 2 very different things.

I agree. Listened to Thunder & Lightening and Hadad and joel T coleman were saying when they got a tutorial of the offense before the season started, they came away thinking damn that's complicated ... and they felt bad for the players having to learn it. Said the number of reads was kinda shocking.

I've got a buddy that's a huge sports fan and TN fan. He said Clawson didn't work out too well as OC at TN cause the offense was just too complex for the type of athletes TN gets in there and it was a disaster. He felt Clawson at WF was good cause the academic standards are higher there. Maybe Joe is in the same boat but I still go back to PSU vs OSU two years in a row and less than 300 yds offense both games. PSU probably has higher academic standards too but when faced with a fast, more SEC like D, they struggled with all that NFL talent they had on the roster.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:44 PM
I had a physics teacher one time that had a genius IQ and was well respected in his field. He couldn't teach(coach) worth a crap though. He talked over everyones head and we all walked around dazed and confused.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 01:45 PM
I think if Moorhead were a good coach, nick would've gone out in a NY6 bowl game

No doubt about it IMO. With Mullen he might've gotten drafted in a low round too IMO.

shoeless joe
01-03-2020, 01:46 PM
At the high school where I work the same teacher wins ?favorite teacher? every year. Guess what...it?s the one that the students know they aren?t held to a high standard and can get away with more...have phones out, eat, listen to music, play games, etc.

The English teacher with high test scores that is actually the BEST teacher in the school never wins...

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:46 PM
I agree. Listened to Thunder & Lightening and Hadad and joel T coleman were saying when they got a tutorial of the offense before the season started, they came away thinking damn that's complicated ... and they felt bad for the players having to learn it. Said the number of reads was kinda shocking.

I've got a buddy that's a huge sports fan and TN fan. He said Clawson didn't work out too well as OC at TN cause the offense was just too complex for the type of athletes TN gets in there and it was a disaster. He felt Clawson at WF was good cause the academic standards are higher there. Maybe Joe is in the same boat but I still go back to PSU vs OSU two years in a row and less than 300 yds offense both games. PSU probably has higher academic standards too but when faced with a fast, more SEC like D, they struggled with all that NFL talent they had on the roster.

Exactly. All those reads get trashed when you have fast explosive players on defense. This offense would probably work pretty well in any conference outside the SEC. And you're right about OSU. Urban built him an SEC team in Ohio.

Cooterpoot
01-03-2020, 01:48 PM
Fitz ain't been right since his injury.

CovertDawg
01-03-2020, 01:50 PM
It actually would not surprise me if he ends up on the NY Giants staff in some capacity.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Saban will probably hire joe as a consultant.

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 01:53 PM
A good teacher simplifies a complex concept so it can be understood. If you can’t do that then you don’t truly understand the concept.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 01:55 PM

I'm betting on this too. Saban being in charge would rein Joe in and he'll take what works from Joe's O, cut it down to size, and implement it.

Too bad Joe was so intent on displaying his elaborate science project with the 2018 team.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Folks on here continuously claimed he wasn't a good coach and it's just not true.

He was a fantastic offensive mind. But he wasn't a good HC fit at MSU. The two aren't mutually exclusives. I bet Moorhead was a phenomenal teacher. But I would also think him being a better hands on teacher might have led to organizational deficiencies that he didn't know how to handle or control.

I agree and I think trying to be both an SEC West HC Coach and the OC was more of a challenge that he thought, or ever realized that it would be or was. I think the teaching part fits him better though than being the one who is in charge of a whole football program.

maroonmania
01-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Put him with the right athletes for the only system he seems to know and he will be fine.

Basically you need an awesome offensive line with a fast processing QB playing against much slower defenses that what is typical in the SEC. With all of that, THEN you have the time an aptitude needed to process all the reads in Joe's offense. And that doesn't even mention all the reads that the RBs and WRs are also having to make along with the QB.

TUSK
01-03-2020, 02:01 PM

And it'd prolly do wonders for that arrogance and self-righteous 'tude of Joe's, too...

Kyra would need therapy....

https://secure.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/media/motion/2016/0910/dm_160910_Large_leads_dont_stop_Saban_from_laying_ into_Kiffin/dm_160910_Large_leads_dont_stop_Saban_from_laying_ into_Kiffin.jpg

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 02:03 PM
And it'd prolly do wonders for that arrogance and self-righteous 'tude of Joe's, too...

Kyra would need therapy....

https://secure.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/media/motion/2016/0910/dm_160910_Large_leads_dont_stop_Saban_from_laying_ into_Kiffin/dm_160910_Large_leads_dont_stop_Saban_from_laying_ into_Kiffin.jpg

Lol no doubt about it!

SailingDawg
01-03-2020, 02:04 PM
My students love to tell me I'm trippin'. Yeaaahh, no.

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2020, 02:22 PM
My response would be.... then why not 17n play balls out and win some 17n games for the dude?

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Fitz ain't been right since his injury.

Dude that is pretty good right there.

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2020, 02:25 PM
We had trouble getting 1 yard separation against a defense that was 119th int he country.

Rex54
01-03-2020, 02:42 PM

Gene Kranz didn't know all the scientific jargon but he demanded they find a damn way to get Apollo 13 home and they did. Joe is the aloof professor. We need Gene Kranz.

defiantdog
01-03-2020, 02:47 PM
I think there's a lot of empathy going around..... same thing with Croom. Boobie used to be (may still be) animate about how good of a coach Croom was when he got let go.

TUSK
01-03-2020, 02:48 PM
My students love to tell me I'm trippin'. Yeaaahh, no.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dfkpvgV-Fzc/hqdefault.jpg

Maroonthirteen
01-03-2020, 02:58 PM
I'm betting He ends up a OC up north. Pitt or Chicago bears.

iPat09
01-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Gene Kranz didn't know all the scientific jargon but he demanded they find a damn way to get Apollo 13 home and they did. Joe is the aloof professor. We need Gene Kranz.

Way off topic here, but his book is phenomenal. Maybe the best I have ever read.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 03:38 PM

Great analogy! Kranz was a great leader!

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 03:39 PM
My response would be.... then why not 17n play balls out and win some 17n games for the dude?

slightly off topic, but what is the meaning of the 17?
i've seen it here a few times now, but have no clue the reasoning behind it.

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Basically you need an awesome offensive line with a fast processing QB playing against much slower defenses that what is typical in the SEC. With all of that, THEN you have the time an aptitude needed to process all the reads in Joe's offense. And that doesn't even mention all the reads that the RBs and WRs are also having to make along with the QB.

Combine that with most teams running that RPO about 10% of the time and we were doing it a lot more. It puts a lot more stress on everyone when it is predominately what you are running. Our Oline seems to be stuck between run blocking or pass blocking, they can't seem to do both because they don't know which they should be doing.

The Federalist Engineer
01-03-2020, 03:43 PM
I had a physics teacher one time that had a genius IQ and was well respected in his field. He couldn't teach(coach) worth a crap though. He talked over everyones head and we all walked around dazed and confused.

Yep, I had a materials science teacher like that. Then a kid told her...?I would cheat on this test but I have no idea what to bring, book doesn?t help, notes don?t help, and everybody around me is going to fail too?

She started crying and we all just smirked

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 03:44 PM
slightly off topic, but what is the meaning of the 17?
i've seen it here a few times now, but have no clue the reasoning behind it.

F ire tr u c k. Certain words probably flag at work computers.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Meh. Who cares

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Yep, I had a materials science teacher like that. Then a kid told her...?I would cheat on this test but I have no idea what to bring, book doesn?t help, notes don?t help, and everybody around me is going to fail too?

She started crying and we all just smirked

Sounds like the same teacher lol

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 03:47 PM
F ire tr u c k. Certain words probably flag at work computers.

let me rephrase the question.
I figured out what the 17 replaced.
my question is more along the lines of why the number 17?
as in how did 17 come to represent that particular word?

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 03:49 PM
let me rephrase the question.
I figured out what the 17 replaced.
my question is more along the lines of why the number 17?
as in how did 17 come to represent that particular word?

I believe it is a holdover from sixpack message board. It was rule 17, not to use certain cuss words. This board was created from posters from the other board that were either banned or got tired of certain rules.

Nutriaitch
01-03-2020, 03:51 PM
I believe it is a holdover from sixpack message board. It was rule 17, not to use certain cuss words. This board was created from posters from the other board that were either banned or got tired of certain rules.

Gotcha.

I guess i was hoping it was something deeper than that. Like something anti Ole Miss or something of that nature.

Churchill
01-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Savants of a feather.......

Dawgbite
01-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Gotcha.

I guess i was hoping it was something deeper than that. Like something anti Ole Miss or something of that nature.

That would be 18, as in 17 18!