PDA

View Full Version : This was my fault

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2020, 01:25 PM
Guys, now that this is over I have a confession to make. I think this whole Moorhead debacle was my fault.

In 30 years of being a State fan - I had never acquired a single autographed piece of MSU memorabilia. During Joe's first spring practice, the FMB was invited to come to a practice meet staff and players. My wonderful daughter, now a student at MSU and in the FMB at the time, purchased a beautiful cowbell with an M over S sticker, and took it to practice and got Joe to sign as a Father's Day gift. I am now concerned that it was a gift from the Dead Injuns.

It leaves me in a spot. Do I leave well enough alone, and learn from this experience never to test the Dead Injun spirit again and let the bell be a symbol so we never forget? Do I sacrifice my bell to cleanse the spirits and put us back on good footing? I want to do the right thing to get us back on track. What say you ED?

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:30 PM
If that was all it took to get us back on track I'd say yeah do it for sure lol. Enjoy that cowbell your daughter gave you as a gift, it was very thoughtful.

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 01:33 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/xtmyswvwu9UJG5FIgT/giphy.gif

msbulldog
01-03-2020, 01:33 PM
I still got my Croom autographed football. I also have a print signed by The Kang.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2020, 02:30 PM
If that was all it took to get us back on track I'd say yeah do it for sure lol. Enjoy that cowbell your daughter gave you as a gift, it was very thoughtful.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xtmyswvwu9UJG5FIgT/giphy.gif

If she hadn't left for Starkville yesterday, we would be debating a sacrificial ritual in the fire pit tonight LOL

She is a good kid and laughed when I told her I thought her bell was the jinx that set it all in motion- sent me a flaming muppet gif in response.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 02:32 PM
If she hadn't left for Starkville yesterday, we would be debating a sacrificial ritual in the fire pit tonight LOL

She is a good kid and laughed when I told her I thought her bell was the jinx that set it all in motion- sent me a flaming muppet gif in response.

Sounds like you have a very intelligent young lady there!

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 02:34 PM
First home ball game put a Beat New Mexico sticker over the autograph.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Sounds like you have a very intelligent young lady there!

All you need to know is that baseball is her favorite sport at MSU.

Dawgbite
01-03-2020, 03:50 PM
The problem is that you took the bell to Georgia, totally different bunch of Indians buried there. You’ve got to get that bell back on Choctaw land, maybe make a small sacrifice of good bourbon to the spirits.

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 03:51 PM
First home ball game put a Beat New Mexico sticker over the autograph.

Exactly. Correct answer.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 03:54 PM
All you need to know is that baseball is her favorite sport at MSU.

She's a genius then!

hailmari
01-03-2020, 04:01 PM
I had an autographed Canazaro baseball. Gifted it to my nephew for his birthday and the next day the bombshell dropped.