PDA

View Full Version : What is the Rule?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 12:14 PM
I know that before any of the players that signed with us can potentially sign with another school, MSU has to release them (which I'm sure we won't do till the new coach has a chance to re-recruit them)

However, my question is: Can other schools recruit our signees prior to us releasing them?

For example: could Lane Kiffin be calling all of our signees right now & recruiting them or is that illegal?

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 12:17 PM
I know that before any of the players that signed with us can potentially sign with another school, MSU has to release them (which I'm sure we won't do till the new coach has a chance to re-recruit them)

However, my question is: Can other schools recruit our signees prior to us releasing them?

For example: could Lane Kiffin be calling all of our signees right now & recruiting them or is that illegal?
Do you seriously think it being illegal will stop Ole Miss? Of course they are calling them.

Big4Dawg
01-03-2020, 12:20 PM
I think it would be tampering...because they are signed. You can't contact other players from other schools to get them to transfer.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 12:23 PM
I think it would be tampering...because they are signed. You can't contact other players from other schools to get them to transfer.

That's what I was wondering. Hopefully we have a way of handling this.

RiverCityDawg
01-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Per 247 article, the schools do NOT have to release them, though it is typical to release them if they request it.

Early enrollees already in school will have to enter the transfer portal if they want to leave. I imagine they could appeal. Marks already said he's here no matter what, by the way.

RougeDawg
01-03-2020, 12:31 PM
That's what I was wondering. Hopefully we have a way of handling this.

We will deal with it. Brackey will self imposed a 24 game suspension for any player involved who remains at MSU and 3 years probation.

yjnkdawg
01-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Like I said in an earlier thread -------- You are not obligated to approve any transfer requests, but it would be stupid to do so if they ultimately decided they only came here to play for JoeMo. Let's just see how our coaching staff evolves and how it all plays out. OM had a lot of players who were talking about transferring, after Luke was fired, and that changed.