PDA

View Full Version : Can Coach Hughes keep this class together?

MaroonFlounder
01-03-2020, 11:56 AM
He is the interim. Everyone in the program loves Tony.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Tony I'm sure knows what's going on and who's coming in. But the players report back Sunday. That will be when you hear how much the players feel about this.

But it's not Tony's job to hold the class together. It's the new HCs job. Tony will make calls but for the most part the new HC will be the one that handles this aspect.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2020, 12:01 PM
Between Tony, Peterson, and Gibson we'll be ok. We may lose one or two, but I think the new coach will be able to get everyone back in the boat pretty quick.

Coach34
01-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Nearly every recruit will wait until the hire is announced and talk with the new HC. People need to stop panicking

mstatefan91
01-03-2020, 12:06 PM
I don't think Tony will be the interim long.

Scared_Hitless
01-03-2020, 12:08 PM
We are in the recruiting dead period, so if we announce Napier on Tuesday he will have plenty of time to keep the class together. We will probably lose a few, but we may add some as well.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Nearly every recruit will wait until the hire is announced and talk with the new HC. People need to stop panicking

This. It's gonna be ok.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 12:11 PM

Agree. The worst time during a coaching change is the in-between time.

Once the players have a chance to speak with the new coach, things will settle.

Just relax.

Also remember, we've already signed these players. So we'll have to release them before another school can recruit them & I doubt we'll release anyone till after the new coach has a chance to sell himself

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-03-2020, 12:12 PM
according to 247 post firing interviews, Marks, Forbes, Groce are good so far.