PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference at NOON

mstatefan91
01-03-2020, 11:36 AM
Cohen to hold press conference at noon on SEC Network

https://hailstate.com/news/2020/1/3/joe-moorhead-relieved-of-duties-as-head-football-coach.aspx

Cohen will hold a noon CT press conference Friday. It will broadcast live on SEC Network and streamed live on SEC Network+ via the ESPN app, on @HailState Twitter and on MSU Athletics' official Facebook page.

hacker
01-03-2020, 11:45 AM
Props to C34 on calling this

MetEdDawg
01-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Available on the ESPN app for those that want to watch

bobtail bob
01-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Rosebowl sighting....

BeardoMSU
01-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Says he'll be conducting a national search....

Still gotta think he's got his man already lined up, right?

bobtail bob
01-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Other issues besides wins and losses factored in decision

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 01:07 PM
“Passion for MSU and who wants to be at MSU” Hmmmmm

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 01:08 PM
This doesn't sound at ALL like we have anyone lined up.

DownwardDawg
“Passion for MSU and who wants to be at MSU” Hmmmmm

Lol. I just texted my wife that he described Hud.

bobtail bob
Will use a search firm

baddmann
01-03-2020, 01:10 PM

I'm getting a feeling of evasiveness... Like he is being extremely careful not to spill the beans.

bobtail bob
Process has already started

BeardoMSU
Will use a search firm

Only for vetting purposes, they won't be part of the selection.

ScoobaDawg

Seriously... you can't read through his posturing. It's what HE HAS to say. He can't come out and say we already have someone.

He's handling this correctly. Everything is just a blank generic answer which is the correct way to be concerning the next head coach..until he announces the next head coach.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Seriously... you can't read through his posturing. It's what HE HAS to say. He can't come out and say we already have someone.

He's handling this correctly. Everything is just a blank generic answer which is the correct way to be concerning the next head coach..until he announces the next head coach.

Exactly! This is all just AD speak.

BrunswickDawg
I'm getting a feeling of evasiveness... Like he is being extremely careful not to spill the beans.

It's all smoke for the fact that all searches take place before the firings are made. We do use a search firm to give plausible deniability to AD's re: contacting coaches in-season and under contract. AD -> Search Firm -> Agent -> Coach. It's how this stuff works.

BeardoMSU

This^^

ScoobaDawg
John having to dodge about the extenstion... that he said he gave after the egg bowl. thankfully sounds like it didn't ever happen and he was just too excited about the egg. Or... there was that much issues between him and keenum or whoever.

bobtail bob
01-03-2020, 01:13 PM
His face is turning red

trojandawg
01-03-2020, 01:14 PM
he is struggling a bit. anyone think he might have been forced to make the decision?

bobtail bob
01-03-2020, 01:14 PM
My take , we have our man and he is saying all the right things....

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2020, 01:15 PM

We will see. It's not like after Mullen left for sure.

ScoobaDawg
His face is turning red

He's having to be PC... instead of speaking freely as he always did as a coach.

MSUMatt
Cohen showing the wear and tear of this on the conference.

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 01:16 PM
he is struggling a bit. anyone think he might have been forced to make the decision?

Or... maybe he's finally getting his way...

I missed the first 4 minutes..i'm sure it's online somewhere shortly.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Extremely evasive, pap answers.

bobtail bob
01-03-2020, 01:17 PM
Hughes is interm

CovertDawg
01-03-2020, 01:17 PM
Cohen showing the wear and tear of this on the conference.

Agreed, you can tell this took a huge toll on Cohen emotionally.

msu15
01-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Great job John!

trojandawg
and that's also possible. he just looked incredibly uncomfortable. somebody needs to help him out with some PR and press conference training.

Liverpooldawg
He got asked if the extended contract was signed and he dodged like a man being shot at. If we DID extend it and it made the buyout higher.....Cohen should be gone.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 01:19 PM
He got asked if the extended contract was signed and he dodged like a man being shot at. If we DID extend it and it made the buyout higher.....Cohen should be gone.

Agree with you there. That would've been beyond stupid.

Dawgface
01-03-2020, 01:19 PM
Not much to it but wasn't expecting much.

Dawgology
01-03-2020, 01:21 PM
The ONLY Div 1 HC football opening right now. That’s ****ing strategy

Todd4State
01-03-2020, 01:24 PM
John having to dodge about the extenstion... that he said he gave after the egg bowl. thankfully sounds like it didn't ever happen and he was just too excited about the egg. Or... there was that much issues between him and keenum or whoever.

My guess is that was always contingent on how the bowl went. Would have likely gotten more money with a win.

MaroonBelle
01-03-2020, 01:25 PM
and that's also possible. he just looked incredibly uncomfortable. somebody needs to help him out with some PR and press conference training.

The man just had to fire the head coach of the football program which is in essence also firing the entire football staff of coaches and support staff. Leaving all those without jobs, effecting all of their families. He had to fire the man he chose, which is admitting he hired the wrong man and is responsible for hiring the new guy, a coaching hire he has to get right.

I would be upset if he looked untroubled and comfortable. That would tell me he didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2020, 01:29 PM
The man just had to fire the head coach of the football program which is in essence also firing the entire football staff of coaches and support staff. Leaving all those without jobs, effecting all of their families. He had to fire the man he chose, which is admitting he hired the wrong man and is responsible for hiring the new guy, a coaching hire he has to get right.

I would be upset if he looked untroubled and comfortable. That would tell me he didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

Yeah - firings can take different tones. I've had to do my fair share. There were some that made me excited because I was being allowed to solve a problem, and there were others that tore me up because I knew I was impacting families and lives.
It ain't always roses being in charge.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-03-2020, 01:44 PM
?Passion for MSU and who wants to be at MSU? Hmmmmm

that really narrows it down..

MetEdDawg
01-03-2020, 01:49 PM
I'm not reading much into the loves MSU comment. That's a prerequisite for any coach. To love the university they work for. Doesn't necessarily mean they had a previous relationship.

I think that comment spoke more about Moorhead than the incoming HC.

maroonmania
01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
I'm not reading much into the loves MSU comment. That's a prerequisite for any coach. To love the university they work for. Doesn't necessarily mean they had a previous relationship.

I think that comment spoke more about Moorhead than the incoming HC.

Yep, if they had to already have a passion for MSU that would probably eliminate every candidate besides Hud.

Maroonthirteen
01-03-2020, 01:55 PM

He definitely avoided answering that Q. But I took his response as an announcement was made but the contract wasn't signed. However if the answer is no..... I see no reason to not just say that.