PDA

View Full Version : When did you want JOMO gone?

parabrave
01-03-2020, 10:32 AM
1st and foremost if Napier is hired then Bert Stare should get One Million Vcash and JJWELLS is now bannes to his basement. I lost faith in him during last years KSU game. We were supposed to have one of the best returning Olines last year and when they had to look at and ask each other what to do before each snap I knew this guy was lost. Plus he just had that Deer stare every time he was shown on TV.

Uncivilengineer
01-03-2020, 10:35 AM
During the florida game.

shoeless joe
01-03-2020, 10:36 AM
I had my concerns the first time I heard him speak...flat out didn?t like him. but the fiasco at Kentucky let it be known that he should be gone

Doggie_Style
01-03-2020, 10:37 AM
I felt he needed to get year two. I walked out of the Super Dome in September knowing he was done.

timotheus
01-03-2020, 10:37 AM
I had questions post KSU but the UT game told me that he wasn't capable. I am glad he is gone.

MetEdDawg
01-03-2020, 10:38 AM
After Tennessee. I thought at that point the body of work was enough to make a change.

Some people who say season 1 are freaking dumb. You can't make a definitive analysis of someone's future after 6 games. Florida pissed a lot of people off because we were against Mullen.

But realistically he needed until Tennessee forus to truly get a gauge as to his capability. He failed miserably in that game and that's when it happened for me.

redstickdawg
01-03-2020, 10:39 AM
It was the UK game last year, total lack of discipline by the team and no leadership at all.

bobtail bob
01-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Kentucky last season when we delayed of game and forcing the pass our way into an unnecessary loss

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 10:44 AM
I personally made excuse after excuse for why the offense just needed more time. I bought the bullshit until the UT game. Sitting in the stands watching that game made me a level angry that I haven't had in a while over a sporting event. It just looked totally phoned in and it pissed me off.

Rex54
01-03-2020, 10:45 AM
When he lost to Mullen I knew he didn't have the internal fortitude to compete in this environment.

R2Dawg
01-03-2020, 10:48 AM
I knew we were in serious trouble after UK and UF but kept giving him a mulligan over and over. The UT game did me in.

MarcoRubio
01-03-2020, 10:49 AM
1st and foremost if Napier is hired then Bert Stare should get One Million Vcash and JJWELLS is now bannes to his basement. I lost faith in him during last years KSU game. We were supposed to have one of the best returning Olines last year and when they had to look at and ask each other what to do before each snap I knew this guy was lost. Plus he just had that Deer stare every time he was shown on TV.

First HUGE chink in the armor was Florida. Final nail in the coffin was Tennessee.

Mjoelner34
01-03-2020, 10:50 AM
1. UK 2018 - doubt crept in
2. Iowa 2018 - doubt replaced by wtf!?
3. UT 2019 - shit can him!
4. Egg Bowl press conference - 17 him! Im done!

HRTFXR
01-03-2020, 10:50 AM
UK game last year.

FriarsPoint
01-03-2020, 10:51 AM
After UK in 18.

DownwardDawg
01-03-2020, 11:03 AM
During the florida game.

Me too. This and the Kentucky game.

PMDawg
01-03-2020, 11:09 AM
i was pretty ticked after back to back losses to Kentucky and Florida, but then sandwiching non-competitive losses vs. LSU and Bama around Auburn and A&M is what really did it for me. The auburn and A&M game plans showed what we should have done all season last year, and what we could have been. But his refusal to adapt for the sake of actually winning games told me everything I needed to know.

Churchill
01-03-2020, 11:11 AM
The UK game in 18 showed me all I needed to know.

BhamDawg205
01-03-2020, 11:15 AM
UK 18... LSU 18 even after 4 ints and a possible concussion he kept trotting Fitz out there. Putting his worst pass blocking RB out there getting Fitz killed all season long.

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 11:20 AM
LSU game last year.

trojandawg
01-03-2020, 11:23 AM
kentucky game had me pissed that we were letting one guy beat us and made no adjustments and alerted me we probably had the wrong guy and wrong system. then the florida game we let mullen come in and beat us when all we had to do what adapt our offense and we could have owned him. then later in the year came iowa. we looked terrible that whole game on offense and genius wanted to keep doing the same thing that wasn't working. i was done with him then.

PMDawg
01-03-2020, 11:29 AM
After Tennessee. I thought at that point the body of work was enough to make a change.

Some people who say season 1 are freaking dumb. You can't make a definitive analysis of someone's future after 6 games. Florida pissed a lot of people off because we were against Mullen.

But realistically he needed until Tennessee forus to truly get a gauge as to his capability. He failed miserably in that game and that's when it happened for me.

Sorry you're slow.

smootness
01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
I was seriously concerned after Kentucky last year, and then after Florida last year it was clear to me that he wasn't good and the longer we waited to fire him, the worse off we'd be. I'm glad we went ahead and did it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-03-2020, 11:40 AM
During the florida game.

After the first possession when we went three and out on offense. You could see it on his face that he knew he was in trouble after the 3rd down play resulted in a first down, but was reversed and we had to punt. Just like everything else, he could never seize momentum.

vv83
01-03-2020, 11:40 AM
UK18 I had a really bad feeling. Told my gf and she told me I was overreacting and give him time so I calmed down and got fully on board up until Tennessee this year. Knew after that game he was not the guy

DAWGS1
01-03-2020, 12:04 PM
After Iowa loss it really started, after UT in Knoxville I was done!
UT ended up not being a bad team but the ineptitude that day was tremendous!

Beaver
01-03-2020, 12:06 PM
As a fan, I was done after the Iowa game. Thinking realistically as to when the right time was to make a change, it was after the Egg Bowl presser. After the win, I was laughing, cheering, and hopeful for the bowl game and beyond. But the presser showed he was too full of himself yet super insecure. It was evident he didn't actually have a plan to make any changes or adjust.

DJ55
01-03-2020, 12:13 PM
after the Florida game i was done. you could see he didn't have it

msudawg1200
01-03-2020, 12:16 PM
I actually was giving him the benefit of the doubt last year until the Outback Bowl. No way we should?ve lost that game, so doubts crept in. Then the K-State game this year. I walked out of the stadium that day, and told my son this ain?t going to work. KState pushed us all around that day. We looked soft, like we lost our edge, but if he could get it rolling in conference play I was willing to stay the course. Then Auburn and Tennessee happened. There I realized it was over and if nothing was done back to the 80?d we?d go. I was willing to just shake hands and depart with him at that point, but then the ?kick rocks/pound sand/ my program? happened. That pissed me off. Bad. I given more money to State than he ever has. All he did was take. I?m just ready for him to go.

dawgday166
01-03-2020, 12:19 PM
I'm still blaming Fitz ********

LoneStarDawg
01-03-2020, 12:20 PM
I was pissed last year after Florida game, but I knew we were screwed driving home from Outback Bowl!

Activated Alpha
01-03-2020, 12:23 PM
Has anyone checked in on Liverpooldawg or has he committed seppuku?

West Tn Dawg
01-03-2020, 12:24 PM

EGGSACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Hail State
01-03-2020, 12:28 PM

Seriously, we have no business losing to Kentucky in football.

KentuckyDawg13
01-03-2020, 12:28 PM
Late to the party, but after driving to Nashville and watching that pitiful performance, that solidified my stance. Seems to be the same for the administration that made the decision too.

dawgoneyall
01-03-2020, 12:36 PM
After the SEC media day presser this past summer.

Basically, said MSU fans had too high expectations...knew then he had only low expectations....recipe for failure. Knew then he should be gone.

Became concerned after the Ky and Fla games in 2018 and those concerns were justified.

War Machine Dawg
01-03-2020, 12:37 PM
I've said this before, but personally, I wanted him gone after the Florida debacle last year. I could give him a bit of a pass for the UK game. Sometimes it just all goes wrong, you have a shitty game plan or whatever. It's sports, shit happens. But good coaches correct it immediately. Jughead let it continue and cost us the game against Mullen.

That said, MetEd is spot on with his analysis that he couldn't be fired after year 1. At least not by State. Bama could get away with something like that, but not us. That said, he should've been gone the Sunday or Monday after the TN game this year. At that point, it should've been clear to everyone but the "support the coach no matter what because he's employed by the school" crowd. But we dithered, made an emotional evaluation based on one game, let our Virginia Slims fall back into the po ol' Mittippi Tate mindset, and now we're amateur hour AGAIN in a coaching search.

As desperately as we needed a new football coach, we need a house cleaning in the Bryan Building, starting with Cohen. We need to bring in someone with business experience, someone who can play the game with agents, and can make decisions based on a plan, facts, and vision instead of emotion. And that person needs to have zero MSU ties. We need an injection of fresh blood and ideas inside our athletic department. That was one of my biggest problems with hiring Cohen: More of the same MSU inbreeding that has never really worked out well for us.

Mjoelner34
01-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Revisiting the 4th item in my original post in this thread, the post egg bowl press conference. Another thing that pissed me off maybe even more so than the 'majority' of fans, the 'kick rocks' and the 'drag my Yankee ass out of here' statements was the fact that he was so arrogant like we had just pulled a major upset against Bama instead of squeaking out a win against a broken, underdog team. Did his dumb ass not realize that without the piss in the endzone that we were heading to overtime and that they were about to whip our ass? I was dumbstruck at how clueless he seemed while being a preachy ass about it and insulting the fan base?

SteelCurtain74
01-03-2020, 12:51 PM
Tennessee. To not look any more prepared after a bye week than that against a team that was struggling up to that point was beyond forgiveable

TrapGame
01-03-2020, 12:53 PM
K State this year did it for me. Proved Stevens was a glass man playing QB who had no business in the SEC. We could run the ball at will on KSU's defense in the 4th quarter b/c they were feeling the heat and the humidity. We were imposing our will on them with three minutes left. Joe stops running and calls three incomplete passes. After that I wanted him gone. Everything else afterward just reinforced my decision.

magrooder
01-03-2020, 12:54 PM

Throw Florida in between UK and Iowa and you hit the nail on the head.