PDA

View Full Version : Some Y'all Do Me One Favor

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 08:48 AM
If Moorhead is gone, when we hire a new coach , unless it is Urban Meyer, PLEASE don't anoint whoever it is as the Messiah.

Be excited, be glad there is a new hope, but don't do like some of you did with Moorhead who proclaimed him the Greatest and an upgrade over Mullen.

They better get the hire right, because it's gonna be one hell of a tough job the first month.

Could end up being a total rebuild.

Gonna need some true realistic expectations with this hire's job to be done.

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 08:49 AM
If Moorhead is gone, when we hire a new coach , unless it is Urban Meyer, PLEASE don't anoint whoever it is as the Messiah.

Be excited, be glad there is a new hope, but don't do like some of you did with Moorhead who proclaimed him the Greatest and an upgrade over Mullen.

They better get the hire right, because it's gonna be one hell of a tough job the first month.

AMEN!!!

hacker
01-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Sorry, but you're gonna have to deal with my excitement and optimism after the last two years

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 08:51 AM

100%

msstate7
01-03-2020, 09:00 AM
100%
Haha... you're one of the worst at this. Every hire in the sec is underwhelming while our guy is the most exciting hire in years

DLGDawg
01-03-2020, 09:03 AM

Here's my hope: that there's enough players/coaches left that know how it is supposed to be. I don't know how many of ******* players are remaining. They know what's expected of an sec student/athlete. But hopefully, making the move now, we can avoid the the total destruction that you're referring to.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Haha... you're one of the worst at this. Every hire in the sec is underwhelming while our guy is the most exciting hire in years

No I'm not. I usually find a way to be optimistic, but I absolutely don't praise these guys.

Get outta here with that

TUSK
01-03-2020, 09:10 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/K9b2WiPZi0ZjO/giphy.gif

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:13 AM
Here's my hope: that there's enough players/coaches left that know how it is supposed to be. I don't know how many of ******* players are remaining. They know what's expected of an sec student/athlete. But hopefully, making the move now, we can avoid the the total destruction that you're referring to.

There could be a QB room of Maiden and a RB room of Witherspoon and the juco guy who has never taken a snap.

KT may wait and see. GS and Rogers are here because of Moorhead, so no guarantees.

Can't say with certainly any signee will still come.

It's never good, for whatever reason, to have to fire a coach. It means there are big problems. I just hope they don't get worse.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 09:13 AM

And you're the opposite. Every hire in the SEC is bad ass. Look in the mirror

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 09:14 AM
There could be a QB room of Maiden and a RB room of Witherspoon and the juco guy who has never taken a snap.

KT may wait and see. GS and Rogers are here because of Moorhead, so no guarantees.

It's never good, for whatever reason, to have to fire a coach. It means there are big problems. I just hope they don't get worse.

Shrader isn't leaving. Parents have a condo in Starkville and he's a starting FR QB in the SEC. Those guys don't transfer

LoneStarDawg
01-03-2020, 09:16 AM
While I agree...But, after the past two seasons the one thing this program needs is a savior.

msstate7
01-03-2020, 09:17 AM

Assuming it's Napier, Levi Lewis (ULL qb) and elijah mitchell (ULL rb) are juniors. No idea if their talent would translate to sec (or if they'd even be interested), but they had great years

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:18 AM
Assuming it's Napier, Levi Lewis (ULL qb) and elijah mitchell (ULL rb) are juniors. No idea if their talent would translate to sec (or if they'd even be interested), but they had great years

Even if they transfered, they couldn't play this coming season

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Shrader ain't leaving. One of the dumbest narratives through all this.

msstate7
01-03-2020, 09:20 AM
And you're the opposite. Every hire in the SEC is bad ass. Look in the mirror

No, I'm not. What have I said about drinkwitz and Pittman? I think lane was a good hire. Loved the jimbo and Mullen hires. I was wait-and-see on Morris like drinkwitz and Pittman. Wasn't sure on Pruitt, and I'm still not, but I do think he had a nice recovery after a horrible start. Hated the Ed O hire, and I was wrong

DownwardDawg
01-03-2020, 09:21 AM

That QB is tiny.

Cowbell

That RB can play in this league

msstate7
Even if they transfered, they couldn't play this coming season

Even if they graduated? No idea if they are even close

chef dixon
01-03-2020, 09:24 AM
KT is probably better for Napier than our other options

ShotgunDawg
No, I'm not. What have I said about drinkwitz and Pittman? I think lane was a good hire. Loved the jimbo and Mullen hires. I was wait-and-see on Morris like drinkwitz and Pittman. Wasn't sure on Pruitt, and I'm still not, but I do think he had a nice recovery after a horrible start. Hated the Ed O hire, and I was wrong

Ridiculous. You call me out and it's coming right back at you.

DLGDawg

Spider, I have those fears also. I think if most are honest, they have some of the same fears. You are so right, it's never good to have to fire your coach. But, and with all my heart, I believe this change is absolutely necessary.

Commercecomet24
01-03-2020, 09:26 AM

Agree 100%

Spiderman
Shrader ain't leaving. One of the dumbest narratives through all this.

Glad you can say that with such certainty.

I have no knowledge of the kid outside football, except that he is a Moorhead guy a long way from home who got his eye socket broken.

So that why I said what I did. I didn't say he was leaving, but if he did I wouldn't be shocked.

Captain Falcon
I think if a new coach merely goes 6-6 or 7-5 next year then that will be perceived as a positive considering the current trajectory. Most realize what we lose and the fact that the new guy will have to reshape the culture. Still, there’s no shame in being really excited. It’s been an incredibly frustrating 15-16 months.

TrapGame
01-03-2020, 09:28 AM

One of the scenarios brought up on OOB yesterday was a new coach coming in, KT wins the QB battle and proceeds to have one hell of a season. Makes Moorhead look even more inept.

Doggie_Style
01-03-2020, 09:31 AM

Totally agree with this....as pissed off as I was at Mullen I could not stand the attempts to to elevate Joe above Mullen on every aspect of coaching without any evidence.

GoDawgz
01-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Glad you can say that with such certainty.

I have no knowledge of the kid outside football, except that he is a Moorhead guy a long way from home who got his eye socket broken.

So that why I said what I did. I didn't say he was leaving, but if he did I wouldn't be shocked.

Shrader would fit perfectly in Napier's offense (if in fact it is Napier). And the fact that he will be a Soph starting QB, eh I don't think he is going anywhere.

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Spider, I have those fears also. I think if most are honest, they have some of the same fears. You are so right, it's never good to have to fire your coach. But, and with all my heart, I believe this change is absolutely necessary.

Oh absolutely a change is needed. I knew that after the Florida game last year we had made a mistake.

I was 100% without a doubt sure after the Iowa game.

This is a lot different than last time. A coach left. When you fire one, things are crappy.

tireddawg
01-03-2020, 09:34 AM
Too much talent on the roster for a complete rebuild. More like rebranding

Maroonthirteen
One of the scenarios brought up on OOB yesterday was a new coach coming in, KT wins the QB battle and proceeds to have one hell of a season. Makes Moorhead look even more inept.

Moorhead would make a great OC in the nfl. I would not call him inept. However that offense ULL ran vs us this year.... I think KT, Madden and Shrader could all run and produce better numbers than 107 in passing and 70 in total offense.

Even with Moorhead this year, I think we were ranked around 20-30 in rushing. With Napier, and those QBs.... I can see us top 20 rushing and top 50 passing. Just because Napier's system
Is a better fit.

ShotgunDawg
I don't mind people being optimistic about what a new coach brings to the table. Hell, we're fans

That being said, it's the ones in the bubble that feel like we owe that coach something that bothers me. The ones that start thinking about things outside of wins and losses, and what we look like on the field.

I couldn't care less of they are nice, have children, have a kind wife, or have 3 cats. Just win on the field, in recruiting, and put a team on the field we're proud of.

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:35 AM
I think if a new coach merely goes 6-6 or 7-5 next year then that will be perceived as a positive considering the current trajectory. Most realize what we lose and the fact that the new guy will have to reshape the culture. Still, there’s no shame in being really excited. It’s been an incredibly frustrating 15-16 months.

excited, yes. Unrealistic like with Moorhead, no.

BogeyGolfer
01-03-2020, 09:36 AM

Yes, I still laugh when one or a few of you stated Joe was playing chess while other coaches were playing checkers! lol...

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 09:38 AM
My expectations have been reset. No matter who takes the job, I expect for our team to be in shape, give 100%, and look like they know what they are doing. I think by doing those 3 things that we can expect 6-8 wins with next years schedule. At this point, I just want to actually compete in SEC games and not have the game decided in the 1st half.

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Shrader would fit perfectly in Napier's offense (if in fact it is Napier). And the fact that he will be a Soph starting QB, eh I don't think he is going anywhere.

Agree, but Wesley Carroll would have fit Mullen's offense but he was a Croom guy and he didn't gee haw with Mullen.

You never know.

Gonna be a lot of uncertainty in the coming days

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:39 AM

yep, he and GS

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 09:41 AM
I would gather he knows a little about the sec west already obviously and doesn't walk in asking for ring size and space on our qbs mantle for the Heisman. We all blew our lids with excitement over that but that should have been sign 1 that he was clueless.

Anything will be a welcome relief though as long as JoMo is out that door.

TrapGame
01-03-2020, 09:46 AM
Moorhead would make a great OC in the nfl. I would not call him inept. However that offense ULL ran vs us this year.... I think KT, Madden and Shrader could all run and produce better numbers than 107 in passing and 70 in total offense.

Even with Moorhead this year, I think we were ranked around 20-30 in rushing. With Napier, and those QBs.... I can see us top 20 rushing and top 50 passing. Just because Napier's system
Is a better fit.

Napier's system fits us like a lamb skin glove. It will be jaw dropping the performance these same players have in his system compared to Joe's.

I still think Joe is inept b/c he can't modify his system to fit his players. That's not the sign of an offensive genius.

ScoobaDawg
01-03-2020, 09:48 AM
So why can't Garrett work in Napiers system. His current QB only ran for 133 yards. Garrett ran for 587 yards this year

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:48 AM
Napier's system fits us like a lamb skin glove. It will be jaw dropping the performance these same players have in his system compared to Joe's.

I still think Joe is inept b/c he can't modify his system to fit his players. That's not the sign of an offensive genius.

Yep. just like Croom. If the coach can't change, he is worthless

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:49 AM
So why can't Garrett work in Napiers system. His current QB only ran for 133 yards. Garrett ran for 587 yards this year

Garrett should be fine in the offense ULL ran this year

Tbonewannabe
01-03-2020, 09:50 AM
I would gather he knows a little about the sec west already obviously and doesn't walk in asking for ring size and space on our qbs mantle for the Heisman. We all blew our lids with excitement over that but that should have been sign 1 that he was clueless.

Anything will be a welcome relief though as long as JoMo is out that door.

Most people thought that it would be hard to screw up that 2018 team with all of that production returning. There were a few people saying that they didn't think Joe's offense was a fit in the SEC but most people including the national media thought it was a homerun hire. Looking back, I personally just looked at all of his positives without paying attention to the negatives or advantages Moorhead had like Fordham having schollies and a NFL RB.

There are some things with Napier that we have to be cautious about. He seems to run an offense that fits us better but can he get over the hump when playing a better team? He was competitive with App State but can he win those type of games? He is recruiting well for the Sunbelt but how will he do in the SEC.

No one outside of hiring Urban Meyer is a safe bet but we know what you have in Moorhead. I think it is riskier keeping Moorhead and letting the culture further erode than hiring someone else even if it is Hud, who we know we can get.