PDA

View Full Version : Is Today The Day?

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Can't drag out much longer can it?

I'm guessing word will start breaking around noon.

Just to wet your appetite, here are the highlights of ULL vs App State in the Sunbelt title game. Now, don't watch the defense, just watch what Nape Dawg does on offense.

- Lots of pistol formation
- Lots of Gus Malzahn type formations and motion.
- Athletic QB that he uses.
- This offense fits our recruiting base and current roster like a glove.

https://youtu.be/j-wHpsBKQfs

RiverCityDawg
01-03-2020, 07:29 AM
For those that watch I would just note that momentum got against them in this one early in large part due to a turnover, so they had to throw it more than they typically would. With that said they were able to adjust and make a comeback, only lost by 7 after being down 21. QB threw for well over 300. Obviously not ideal to get behind, but a good sign to see the team show some fight and rally back.

There are other game highlights where you can see the diversity in the run game with different formations and play action mixed in. Tight ends are used and RPO's are only in moderation and quick. Offensive linemen are clear about what they are supposed to be doing (plowing the way), and receivers are actually schemed open like Louisville was doing to us.

It's not perfection. He'll have a couple WTF play calls a game like the 4th and 1 bubble pass wide against us. Mullen did that same cute stuff everyone once in a while too, but I'm okay with someone not batting 1.000 as long as they aren't batting .051 like our current/former coach.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2020, 07:33 AM
Yes today. Expect news around 1 to 2 central.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 07:34 AM
One thing I like about Napier is that he's relatively a self made coach that also happened to coach under Saban at one point.

So many Saban assistants get big jobs because they coached under Saban, but Napier would still be a top coaching candidate on his own merits even if he never coached under Saban. So coaching under Saban is just "extra".

Considering how often Saban assistants have sucked, I like that about Billy. It provides a more stable foundation from which to stand on IMO

He'll get lumped in with other Saban assistants, but he's different IMO

LoneStarDawg
01-03-2020, 07:34 AM
Here?s to one heck of a Maroon Friday!!

jwells
01-03-2020, 07:39 AM

Why wait so long? News is already out there that it’s being explored. I am sure at this point Joe has already been told.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2020, 07:52 AM
You have to give media time to get to the PC. But don?t be surprised if it?s just an announcement and no PC

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 08:05 AM
You have to give media time to get to the PC. But don?t be surprised if it?s just an announcement and no PC

Nobody does Press conferences for firings.

In fact, I wouldn't even do one for a hiring. I'm personally sick of the maroon jacket blabbering nonsense press conferences.

Just hire the damn coach, do a couple of radio interviews, and get your ass to work. The press conferences are non sense.

I couldn't care less what a new coach says in a press conference. I just care what he does on Gameday.

DeputyDawg94
01-03-2020, 08:07 AM
I worked all night so I need a nap. Y’all don’t start without me.

Rex54
01-03-2020, 08:15 AM
Will SloJo go quietly (thankful for opportunity, just didn't get the job done) or with a vendetta (dumb rednecks think they're Alabama, 2 bowl games 2 eggs is more than they should hope for, unfair process to me)

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 08:21 AM
Will SloJo go quietly (thankful for opportunity, just didn't get the job done) or with a vendetta (dumb rednecks think they're Alabama, 2 bowl games 2 eggs is more than they should hope for, unfair process to me)

Matters not, don't care.

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2020, 08:37 AM

He has already shown he is willing to scorch some earth, but I hope he just goes away. Most coaches have enough common sense not to air dirty laundry on the way out the door, but Moorhead and common sense are not 2 things I have said in the same sentence in 2 years.

Cowbell
01-03-2020, 08:47 AM
He has already shown he is willing to scorch some earth, but I hope he just goes away. Most coaches have enough common sense not to air dirty laundry on the way out the door, but Moorhead and common sense are not 2 things I have said in the same sentence in 2 years.

This

Irondawg
01-03-2020, 09:12 AM
Can we just hire App State's OC - I loved some of their stuff more than ULL's

crackerjax
01-03-2020, 09:18 AM

Classic Friday afternoon news dump when you don?t want a bunch of people talking about you or criticizing your decision.

Cooterpoot
01-03-2020, 09:21 AM
There is no press conference related to football today unless they schedule it today.

BogeyGolfer
01-03-2020, 09:26 AM
There is no press conference related to football today unless they schedule it today.

There is no need for a PC, it's not 1985...

dawg1
01-03-2020, 09:31 AM
4:30 mark of video, QB under center= the masses will be pleased = hire the man!