PDA

View Full Version : Iron Bill Napier is the antithesis of Lane Kiffin

Rex54
01-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Which is exactly what we need for our identity moving forward. We are the lunch pail crowd that's ready to bust some heads.

Garret Shrader and Willie Gay are the perfect duo to lead Iron Bill into battle next year. We will look completely different in every aspect of the game and our opponents will go back to fearing us.

vv83
01-03-2020, 12:03 AM
If it happens and it is him I’m looking forward to some of the X and O’s guys breaking down his offense and giving some insight

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 12:04 AM
I agree.

We're about to get back to playing Mississippi State 17ing Football.

Power spread coming straight downhill at your ass

BuckyIsAB****
01-03-2020, 12:08 AM
I agree.

We're about to get back to playing Mississippi State 17ing Football.

Power spread coming straight downhill at your ass

There is going to come a time where you have to be balanced. Napier knows that he has coached QBs at ASU but I do agree we have gotten way too finesse. Being physical doesnt mean you cant/dont want to throw it. Being physical is a mindset. A culture. Having balance doesnt mean you have to throw it 25 and run it 26 being balanced to me means that you have the ability to win both ways.

Mjoelner34
01-03-2020, 12:13 AM
Here is all I want. Instead of a guy with no track record as a head coach at this level pounding his chest about Heismans and championships, I want a coach who says we won't be out-worked in the off season and we won't be out-schemed or out-hustled during the season. I think Napier is the man who would bring those qualities.

OSCAR
01-03-2020, 07:20 AM
Which is exactly what we need for our identity moving forward. We are the lunch pail crowd that's ready to bust some heads.

Garret Shrader and Willie Gay are the perfect duo to lead Iron Bill into battle next year. We will look completely different in every aspect of the game and our opponents will go back to fearing us.
Napier’s demands are very very high for job security. It was a non starter for Arkansas. With the way we handled this, I’d expect it to be similar for us. I’m not sure who our number two option is, but I wouldn’t rule that out until the ink is dry. In my opinion we would be better keeping Joe one more year than moving to a...say Grantham or doing a “bad deal,” with Napier. We are getting to the territory where a scary deal for Napier is the best option. Napier has all the cards in this negotiation.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Napier’s demands are very very high for job security. It was a non starter for Arkansas. With the way we handled this, I’d expect it to be similar for us. I’m not sure who our number two option is, but I wouldn’t rule that out until the ink is dry. In my opinion we would be better keeping Joe one more year than moving to a...say Grantham or doing a “bad deal,” with Napier. We are getting to the territory where a scary deal for Napier is the best option. Napier has all the cards in this negotiation.

I get your point.

I also think you'll hear Grantham's and other names just to provide leverage against Napier. We may only have interest in Napier but we have to float other names so that Napier doesn't end up getting 8 mil a year from us. Napier has to feel that there is a reasonable chance we could offer the job to someone else if he doesn't take a reasonable salary

RiverCityDawg
01-03-2020, 07:33 AM

I believe you and to be fair, we probably owe the next coach some job security. We can't afford to make a quick change again anyway. This is the price you pay for screwing up the last hire. Stacking back hires is a death sentence in the SECW (see Arkansas), so we really don't have a choice but to commit. If he's our guy you make it happen.

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 07:35 AM

Keeping Jovester isn't an option anymore. And that would be program suicide at this point.

Dawgfan77
01-03-2020, 07:53 AM
The only worry I have right now is Napier agent is an OM alum. That?s my only concern. Pete Russell

Rex54
01-03-2020, 08:00 AM
The only worry I have right now is Napier agent is an OM alum. That?s my only concern. Pete Russell

That means absolutely nothing

Cowbell
01-03-2020, 08:21 AM

Yeah money talks. Does he want to court a LL coach or a SEC HC

HaggardDawg
01-03-2020, 08:22 AM
I think I'm the only one beating this drum but If for some reason this Napier thing goes south, I'd hire Gene Chizik. Put the Cam stuff aside, that's in the past. The guy is a respected coach and could be a great CEO type head coach that we want that will turn the reigns over to his coordinators. College coaches I've talked to (one who worked for him), said we'd be crazy not to consider him. The thing with Chiz would be the staff he assembles. Coaches love working with him. I'm hoping it's Napier but if for some reason it gets sideways ala Slossnagle, we need to not pile on whoever the next option is unless it's some clown from out the blue nobody has heard of.

Dawgface
01-03-2020, 08:29 AM
I think I'm the only one beating this drum but If for some reason this Napier thing goes south, I'd hire Gene Chizik. Put the Cam stuff aside, that's in the past. The guy is a respected coach and could be a great CEO type head coach that we want that will turn the reigns over to his coordinators. College coaches I've talked to (one who worked for him), said we'd be crazy not to consider him. The thing with Chiz would be the staff he assembles. Coaches love working with him. I'm hoping it's Napier but if for some reason it gets sideways ala Slossnagle, we need to not pile on whoever the next option is unless it's some clown from out the blue nobody has heard of.

Other than his one year with Cam he didn't do much of anything as a HC.

CovertDawg
01-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Napier is a 14 pt favorite against Miami Ohio in his bowl game. I would sure want to sign something before that game if I was him. Chuck Martin from Miami Ohio is a heck of a coach and a loss to them as such big favorites would probably ding his negotiating leverage.

ShotgunDawg
01-03-2020, 08:40 AM
One thing I love about Napier are his connections in Georgia.

Dad was a HS coach in Georgia and both brothers are HS coaches there. Would help us find tons more talent there

Coursesuper
01-03-2020, 08:41 AM
Napier is a 14 pt favorite against Miami Ohio in his bowl game. I would sure want to sign something before that game if I was him. Chuck Martin from Miami Ohio is a heck of a coach and a loss to them as such big favorites would probably ding his negotiating leverage.

Highly doubt that.

Jack Lambert
01-03-2020, 08:48 AM
There is going to come a time where you have to be balanced. Napier knows that he has coached QBs at ASU but I do agree we have gotten way too finesse. Being physical doesnt mean you cant/dont want to throw it. Being physical is a mindset. A culture. Having balance doesnt mean you have to throw it 25 and run it 26 being balanced to me means that you have the ability to win both ways.

Not taking away from you or any other Miss Coach but the kids down here, you have to keep it simple. Our O Line looked lost many times this season. Even in the bowl game.

Spiderman
01-03-2020, 09:17 AM

Actually Napier's passing game is heavily based on Kiffin's system. They run their programs pretty much the same. Based on how Bama does it

Rex54
01-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Actually Napier's passing game is heavily based on Kiffin's system. They run their programs pretty much the same. Based on how Bama does it

I was referring to personalities

Lord McBuckethead
01-03-2020, 09:52 AM
I get your point.

I also think you'll hear Grantham's and other names just to provide leverage against Napier. We may only have interest in Napier but we have to float other names so that Napier doesn't end up getting 8 mil a year from us. Napier has to feel that there is a reasonable chance we could offer the job to someone else if he doesn't take a reasonable salary

Yeah, Hud.