PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Is Terrible

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:41 PM
I can't believe we currently employ a coach that lost to that bunch.

If you want Napier, you better fire Moorhead now because I'm not so sure that Tennessee doesn't fall back to 5 wins next year & Pruitt is done.

Napier is from Cookeville, TN & would be a natural fit for Tennessee.

Pruitt has done some good things, culture wise at Tennessee, but he about a 1% chance of getting their offense right.

Whoof

hacker
01-02-2020, 09:43 PM
I'm about to lose my bowl pick em league because of this shit

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 09:44 PM
If we don't get Napier now there's no way we get him next year. He'll choose Tennessee over us in a heartbeat.

BogeyGolfer
01-02-2020, 09:45 PM
I can't believe we currently employ a coach that lost to that bunch.

If you want Napier, you better fire Moorhead now because I'm not so sure that Tennessee doesn't fall back to 5 wins next year & Pruitt is done.

Napier is from Cookeville, TN & would be a natural fit for Tennessee.

Pruitt has done some good things, culture wise at Tennessee, but he about a 1% chance of getting their offense right.

Whoof

They are better than Louisville, let that sink in for a minute...

Offshore Dawg
01-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Tennessee is terrible, so what does that say about the dawgs since they lost to them

chef dixon
01-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Pruitt aint getting fired next year

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:46 PM
If we don't get Napier now there's no way we get him next year. He'll choose Tennessee over us in a heartbeat.

Being from Cookeville, TN & an offensive guy that worked under Saban, he's a shoe in if Tennessee fires Pruitt. And Tennessee will fire Pruitt because, although he's done some positive things, he's not the answer. He's basically Matt Luke with better players

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-02-2020, 09:49 PM
I will say though that since Pruitt is a defensive/CEO type coach, an ultimatum that he hire a modern OC and stay away from the O may actually work there. I could see him getting a 4th year with that plan, assuming the D looks solid and recruiting is still good next year

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Pruitt aint getting fired next year

IDK man. I don't see it working for him. The offense doesn't look right.

Here are the teams on Tennessee's schedule next year that are better than them.

Oklahoma
Florida
Bama
Kentucky
UGA

They also have Charlotte, who is pretty good, South Carolina, & Mizzou

chef dixon
01-02-2020, 09:51 PM
IDK man. I don't see it working for him. The offense doesn't look right.

Here are the teams on Tennessee's schedule next year that are better than them.

Oklahoma
Florida
Bama
Kentucky
UGA

They also have Charlotte, who is pretty good, South Carolina, & Mizzou

The turn around this year I think was enough for him to get a fair go with Harrison Bailey as his QB. Also their last coaching search was such a disaster Fulmer has too much pride in his clean up of it. I think he gets 4 years minimum.

lastmajordog
01-02-2020, 09:52 PM

From what I’ve seen last and this year.........can you BLAME HIM??!!

TUSK
01-02-2020, 10:02 PM
They do suck... but the last half season (save this game), they've played much better than in recent memory... he had to process a good bit and change the kulcha...

I think he'll get in a another ~7 win season next year before the Hillbillies break out the pitchforks...

hacker
01-02-2020, 10:15 PM
I'm about to lose my bowl pick em league because of this shit

ONSIDE KICK BABY WE BACK

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 10:17 PM
They may be terrible but ... they don't give up anymore. And they've won 6 of their last 7 prior to tonight. Not saying Pruitt's the answer but he moving in the right direction so far. That culture was worse than ours is now ... and ours is bad.

TUSK
01-02-2020, 10:20 PM
They may be terrible but ... they don't give up anymore. And they've won 6 of their last 7 prior to tonight. Not saying Pruitt's the answer but he moving in the right direction so far. That culture was worse than ours is now ... and ours is bad.

dead. nuts. on.

They fight, for sure... didn't before...

And they're recruiting well...

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 10:20 PM

Pruitt is Matt Luke with more talent. They're gonna win here, but they aren't good

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Eric Gray was a pretty big whiff for us.

parabrave
01-02-2020, 10:21 PM
and just like that

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Pruitt is Matt Luke with more talent. They're gonna win here, but they aren't good

I think he'll be better than Luke.

Maroonthirteen
01-02-2020, 10:24 PM
Tennessee has more talent Than State. Especially along the LOS. That's why we lost to them. And Moorhead's boy crapped his pants.

TUSK
01-02-2020, 10:24 PM

Pruitt may suck, but I can't think of anything he does worse than Matt Luke..

note: I'm not sayin' he's a great coach, he's just better than some SEC coaches...

Commercecomet24
01-02-2020, 10:25 PM

note: I'm not sayin' he's a great coach, he's just better than some SEC coaches...

I know he's better than one sec coach for sure lol

defiantdog
01-02-2020, 10:25 PM
At least Tennessee didn't give up when they were down..... now they're leading by 1. We would've given up

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 10:27 PM

I agree. He's not top 2 in East or top 2 in West but really, he just has to learn how to be like Ogre. Make em tough, recruit, and let good coordinators coordinate.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 10:28 PM
I think he'll be better than Luke.

Well, he has more talent.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 10:29 PM
Wow. the indiana kicker has missed two tonight to lose the game. Brutal

msstate7
01-02-2020, 10:31 PM
Tenn won 8 games after losing to ga st and then a flukish loss to BYU. So after they ironed the kinks out early, they only lost to orange bowl champs, sugar bowl champs, and citrus champs. I'd say Pruitt did a damn good job after a horrible start

msstate7
01-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Wow. the indiana kicker has missed two tonight to lose the game. Brutal

That was a 52-yarder.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Tenn won 8 games after losing to ga st and then a flukish loss to BYU. So after they ironed the kinks out early, they only lost to orange bowl champs, sugar bowl champs, and citrus champs. I'd say Pruitt did a damn good job after a horrible start

Agreed and he also inherited a dang mess that butch left.

Doggie_Style
01-02-2020, 10:36 PM

We at Miss-erable-ssippi State have no right to speak negatively about any other teams coaching....we have the bottom of the barrel

chef dixon
01-02-2020, 10:37 PM
Moorhead-esque coaching sequence there

TUSK
01-02-2020, 10:39 PM

yep, we'll find out how good he really is once these last 2 recruiting classes become more impactful...

NCDawg
01-02-2020, 10:49 PM
yep, we'll find out how good he really is once these last 2 recruiting classes become more impactful...

I think Pruitt is a good coach. His recruiting class was 15th in the nation this year. Tennessee made a good hire in my opinion.