PDA

View Full Version : I believe at this point

Msujd164
01-02-2020, 01:35 PM
We need a MSU guy, with a few MSU assistants. Gonna take someone with some passion to get this crap fest under control. Bring on HUD. Bring on Bumphis, Chaney, J Banks.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:37 PM
I disagree.

We just need a really good coach. With out roster & recent success, we aren't anywhere near where we were after Sherrill.

Why does someone have to be an MSU person to have passion?

vv83
01-02-2020, 01:53 PM
No. Hell no. This is how we got here with JC. If that model worked you’d see all the blue bloods with alum coaches

StarkVegasSteve
01-02-2020, 01:54 PM
We need a MSU guy, with a few MSU assistants. Gonna take someone with some passion to get this crap fest under control. Bring on HUD. Bring on Bumphis, Chaney, J Banks.

No......Bumphis is the only one of those guys mentioned that has any on field college coaching experience. Hell, Banks isn't even a coach.

Churchill
01-02-2020, 01:56 PM
Hell no

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2020, 02:09 PM
If you bring Hud we probably have a good bit of assistants that would be retained. I imagine Bumphis will be the only guy that would come with Hud that is a current Alum.

Buckley is a MS guy, he probably is retained. Marcus Johnson is a question mark I feel we really do not know how good of a coach he is just yet. It is possible this scheme just sucks. Penn State had the same problems under Joe. If Hud is hired he may be worth retaining as our OLine recruiting has taken a tremendous stride under him. Outside of those two you may wanna clean house,

I know Hud would bring back the toughness and his scheme would be similar to what we are used too. Consider me a fence sitter, but Joe has to go.

CovertDawg
01-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Why is Hud guaranteed to bring in toughness? His last season at Louisiana, they were 123rd out of 128 D1 schools in Total Defense. He has had one D1 Head Coaching Job and it resulted in probation and a terrible final three years. He might be the head coach at MSU someday and a good one .....but he has to spend a few more years in coaching purgatory before being handed an SEC head coaching job as far as I am concerned.

Homedawg
01-02-2020, 02:50 PM
If you bring Hud we probably have a good bit of assistants that would be retained. I imagine Bumphis will be the only guy that would come with Hud that is a current Alum.

Buckley is a MS guy, he probably is retained. Marcus Johnson is a question mark I feel we really do not know how good of a coach he is just yet. It is possible this scheme just sucks. Penn State had the same problems under Joe. If Hud is hired he may be worth retaining as our OLine recruiting has taken a tremendous stride under him. Outside of those two you may wanna clean house,

I know Hud would bring back the toughness and his scheme would be similar to what we are used too. Consider me a fence sitter, but Joe has to go.

If hud were to get the job, bump wouldn't be brought w him....