PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Say......

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:19 PM
This is kind of newsworthy:

Wyatt just stated that everyone that he typically gets information from have gone quiet. They won't respond to him.

Rosebowl has reiterated the same thing.

Basically, both Wyatt & Rosey say that the people that denied the rumors around the Egg Bowl aren't talking.

Something is going on. We'll see if our people have any balls.

Personally, I think this entire thing has been bungled. Joe is the same coach today that he was last year & was this season. It was obvious the entire year yet one freaking lucky win vs a bad team prevented people from doing the right thing.

DogsofAnarchy
01-02-2020, 01:21 PM
I have no faith that this administration knows what to do.

lefty96
01-02-2020, 01:21 PM
The lack of news is newsworthy - if nothing else, this year, we've gotten to do the coaching rumor chaos twice!

That said, this is interesting.

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 01:24 PM
I saw what Rosie said. I think he's a wantin a change too. I just think the stars ain't gonna align for it to happen. They may be trying, but I think they be striking out so far and don't think they'll have an option they would want to go with coming out of it all.

DogsofAnarchy
01-02-2020, 01:27 PM
I saw what Rosie said. I think he's a wantin a change too. I just think the stars ain't gonna align for it to happen. They may be trying, but I think they be striking out so far and don't think they'll have an option they would want to go with coming out of it all.

That’s bullshit. There are MANY coaches better than we have now that would do well at MSU. They may not get their option but there are BETTER options than going down with the JoMo ship.

msudawg1200
01-02-2020, 01:30 PM
That’s bullshit. There are MANY coaches better than we have now that would do well at MSU. They may not get their option but there are BETTER options than going down with the JoMo ship.

^This. Hud, who I’ve been totally against, would be a huge upgrade. In all honesty, most G5 coaches would be a huge upgrade. I mean, Moorhead is not good. At all.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:31 PM

This just shows you how much a dis-service the admin & big boosters did to the program by keeping Joe after the Egg Bowl

Just a completely awful process of handling this

Todd4State
01-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Well if we keep him we're going to probably fire him next year anyway. So I don't really see much of a point in keeping him. I mean if the team keeps getting in the news and say someone is seriously injured in a fight because of his lack of control how does MSU defend that?

The silence is probably mostly because of all the stuff that happened around the Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
01-02-2020, 01:34 PM
This just shows you how much a dis-service the admin & big boosters did to the program by keeping Joe after the Egg Bowl

Yep. You can't base major decisions in the moment. It sounds to me like Joe double crossed them though.

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 01:35 PM

Hell ... practically anyone would be better. But they probably taking into consideration long term too. I'm guessing they want someone they think will stick for a while, especially after this debacle.

This is why I say now is the best time to give Hud a shot maybe. At least for 3 or so years we'd be halfway decent (and a helluva lot tougher) then if he wasn't answer long term, go make a splash hire then.

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 01:37 PM

I agree. Waffling on something like this never works out ... it prolongs the inevitable and makes it worse. See end of Stans' tenure.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:38 PM
I agree. Waffling on something like this never works out ... it prolongs the inevitable and makes it worse. See end of Stans' tenure.

Luck favors the bold & aggressive

Coursesuper
01-02-2020, 01:39 PM
That they have all gone radio silent could mean they are getting their ducks lined up to announce something, or its a reboot.

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 01:39 PM
Yep. You can't base major decisions in the moment. It sounds to me like Joe double crossed them though.

I'm guessing, but I think Joe is pushing back hard on the OC idea. This is his baby, his calling card. It would kill him to turn it over to someone else, even if he knows that person pretty well.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 01:41 PM
I honestly believe Wyatt should be part of the hiring team. He understands this game more than anyone calling the shots.

ZedFedder
01-02-2020, 01:43 PM
I honestly believe Wyatt should be part of the hiring team. He understands this game more than anyone calling the shots.

This. He understands the ins and outs not only on the field but off of it. If he had gone into coaching, I think he would have been pretty good.

msudawg1200
01-02-2020, 01:45 PM
I'm guessing, but I think Joe is pushing back hard on the OC idea. This is his baby, his calling card. It would kill him to turn it over to someone else, even if he knows that person pretty well.

If he turned it over it would only be in title alone. He’d hire one of his boys and be in his ear all the time. Either get rid of Joe or do nothing. This all starts at the top with no leadership. You can change whatever you want, but with lack of leadership it doesn’t matter. He’s in over his head.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:48 PM

Wyatt gets the Xs & Os part, but I believe he'd be too intent on finding a "good guy" rather than finding the "right guy"

I'm not sure I'd trust Wyatt's hiring opinion.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:48 PM
This. He understands the ins and outs not only on the field but off of it. If he had gone into coaching, I think he would have been pretty good.

Disagree. I think he could've been a solid HS coach, but he doesn't have the edge or charisma for college coaching or recruiting

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 01:50 PM
If he turned it over it would only be in title alone. He’d hire one of his boys and be in his ear all the time. Either get rid of Joe or do nothing. This all starts at the top with no leadership. You can change whatever you want, but with lack of leadership it doesn’t matter. He’s in over his head.

I don't think they are letting Joe make the OC a figurehead position. I think Cohen wants to bring in a guy with a similar system to Joe's and he runs the offense. Joe is the CEO and he's got to turn the reigns of the offense over. Bo Bounds made some comments this morning about Joe being obsessed with the offense and how it's taken its toll on the rest of the program. He's running a program not one division of that program.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 01:52 PM
I don't think they are letting Joe make the OC a figurehead position. I think Cohen wants to bring in a guy with a similar system to Joe's and he runs the offense. Joe is the CEO and he's got to turn the reigns of the offense over. Bo Bounds made some comments this morning about Joe being obsessed with the offense and how it's taken its toll on the rest of the program. He's running a program not one division of that program.

Won't work

fishwater99
01-02-2020, 01:54 PM

Wyatt does nothing put tote the water for the MSU admin. He is a nice guy personally and knows football but he has been adminat that Joe is doing a good job.
Per Matt, it's not Joe's fault with tutorgate, other suspensions, or the the Gay/Schrader fight. He won't go against Coach Joe.

StateDawg44
01-02-2020, 01:59 PM

This is no excuse if actually true.

What this shows is how incompetent our administration is for not getting it in writing.

I don't believe this crap because what dumbass coach would agree to leave the remaining amount of money that was agreed upon on the table? You would have to be even more incompetent to sign your name on something like that.

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Won't work

Exactly. That's why I get the feeling the admin is putting the squeeze on Joe. Turning up the heat, making demands and making him think if staying around another year is worth it.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Wyatt does nothing put tote the water for the MSU admin. He is a nice guy personally and knows football but he has been adminat that Joe is doing a good job.
Per Matt, it's not Joe's fault with tutorgate, other suspensions, or the the Gay/Schrader fight. He won't go against Coach Joe.

Matt is very careful with his wording due to being gainfully employed by MSU. Matt is a good guy that wants the best for MSU.

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 02:05 PM
Matt is very careful with his wording due to being gainfully employed by MSU. Matt is a good guy that wants the best for MSU.

We all do. But we don't need good guys, we need assholes.

Cowbell
01-02-2020, 02:06 PM
You obviously haven't listened to him much lately.

Scared_Hitless
01-02-2020, 02:11 PM

John Cohen is the only asshole we need in this situation. Matt has no need to smear a coach in the media. Hell our beat writers are doing a damn fine job of that.

I believe Rosebowl said it best our culture is rotten and Joe may have to leave for it to be fixed. Nothing more needs to be said.

NCDawg
01-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Stars probably ain't gonna align for us due to Cohen. I'm pretty sure he's fighting Moorhead's removal because it would reflect on his poor judgment in hiring Moorhead in the first place.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Stars probably ain't gonna align for us due to Cohen. I'm pretty sure he's fighting Moorhead's removal because it would reflect on his poor judgment in hiring Moorhead in the first place.

I personally believe John is past this.

Like stages of grief, he's got to be at "acceptance" by now. I'm sure there was a time when he was in denial, anger, etc

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 02:16 PM
John Cohen is the only asshole we need in this situation. Matt has no need to smear a coach in the media. Hell our beat writers are doing a damn fine job of that.

I believe Rosebowl said it best our culture is rotten and Joe may have to leave for it to be fixed. Nothing more needs to be said.

Bo said the exact same thing this morning. That's not coincidence.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2020, 02:17 PM

This.

It's not just about being an asshole though. It's about putting MISSISSIPPI STATE above everything else & actually practicing that instead of just saying it.

It's easy for people to say that they love MSU, are competitive, etc, but it's entirely different actually practice that & make decisions that are inline with that personal relationships be damned

Spiderman
01-02-2020, 02:18 PM

Yep, assholes that will fire him and hire another asshole like Mullen who will run that football program like a tyrant because that's what we need again. Just like we had to do after Croom. And it's a shame it has to be done that way just in two years.

PMDawg
01-02-2020, 02:19 PM
It's no secret I'm not for Moorhead. But if we do this, it better be a Napier, Harsin, or Fickell type hire. If we do all of this and pull an Arkansas, it could get even uglier.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2020, 02:21 PM
That?s bullshit. There are MANY coaches better than we have now that would do well at MSU. They may not get their option but there are BETTER options than going down with the JoMo ship.

They better get it right because there will be no do over it the next hire is a flop. No way we could buy out two coaches and pay another new coach if we fire Moorhead and the next guy is a flop. We would be stuck with him.

RougeDawg
01-02-2020, 02:26 PM
From what I?m hearing, it was not Cohen who protected Sloppy Joe after EB. It was Keenum. If this is true I will apologize for bashing John for not making the move sooner.

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 02:31 PM
From what I?m hearing, it was not Cohen who protected Sloppy Joe after EB. It was Keenum. If this is true I will apologize for bashing John for not making the move sooner.

So, Fightgate pushed Keenum's hand in this? Kinda sounds like it.

Rex54
01-02-2020, 02:32 PM

This actually makes more sense. Cohen is intense and competitive. Keenum wears makeup and is a political establishment type. The terrible DC establishment who’s mantra is “go along to get along, don’t rock the boat” cuckdom.

dawgday166
01-02-2020, 02:33 PM
So, Fightgate pushed Keenum's hand in this? Kinda sounds like it.

WILLIE ... WILLIE ... WILLIE *******

Coursesuper
01-02-2020, 02:36 PM

You are correct.

basedog
01-02-2020, 02:36 PM
As of today reading ED you guys have no patience, I’m talking about today, now. It takes time to get things worked out after the bowl game and the holidays. Agents are involved I’m sure with Joe, potential coach and many other logistics.
I like u guys don’t know what all is gonna all except one thing, There is no talk about him staying, everything is locked down right now. We have time to recover so chill guys. Hopefully who ever is next up will be good cause if not next year will get much uglier for all!

Commercecomet24
01-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Agree with you 100% on all!

Tbonewannabe
01-02-2020, 02:40 PM
This is no excuse if actually true.

What this shows is how incompetent our administration is for not getting it in writing.

I don't believe this crap because what dumbass coach would agree to leave the remaining amount of money that was agreed upon on the table? You would have to be even more incompetent to sign your name on something like that.

It depends on how the buyout is worded. If he accepts $2.5 Mil a year and can go work somewhere else then he might can make more than $500k and actually make more money. He very well could just sit out of coaching and draw a check for the next 3 years but that isn't great for his career. You are also talking about someone that loves football so telling him that he can't coach at any level for the next 3 years might be incentive enough to lower a buyout.

Arkansas is currently suing Bielema because he took far below market value for a NFL on the field coaching position. They are withholding his buyout money due to it. Most of the time, the salary you make offsets part of the buyout payments. We actually saved money on Shoop his first year because of his UT buyout.

Coursesuper
01-02-2020, 02:43 PM
As of today reading ED you guys have no patience, I’m talking about today, now. It takes time to get things worked out after the bowl game and the holidays. Agents are involved I’m sure with Joe, potential coach and many other logistics.
I like u guys don’t know what all is gonna all except one thing, There is no talk about him staying, everything is locked down right now. We have time to recover so chill guys. Hopefully who ever is next up will be good cause if not next year will get much uglier for all!

Well stated, no reason to hurry right now things will happen as fast as they happen.

Bdawg
01-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Yep, assholes that will fire him and hire another asshole like Mullen who will run that football program like a tyrant because that's what we need again. Just like we had to do after Croom. And it's a shame it has to be done that way just in two years.

It's also a shame that our players could erode that quickly also. Tells a lot about them, also. We are lacking leadership in all areas.

Lord McBuckethead
01-02-2020, 07:36 PM
^This. Hud, who I?ve been totally against, would be a huge upgrade. In all honesty, most G5 coaches would be a huge upgrade. I mean, Moorhead is not good. At all.

Moorhead hasn't looked good at a single facet of the game. Not a single one. Tell me one facet of the game we are better at today than we were the day Mullen walked out the door. You can't.

mstatefan91
01-02-2020, 07:41 PM
It's also a shame that our players could erode that quickly also. Tells a lot about them, also. We are lacking leadership in all areas.

Leadership starts at the top.. not with the players

Bdawg
01-02-2020, 08:08 PM
Leadership starts at the top.. not with the players

There is both my friend. Character is not defined by your coach. Some people have it. Some people don't. Some people are leaders. Some people aren't. I don't see many leaders in our upper classmen or our coach.