PDA

View Full Version : If we were going to can him

Msujd164
01-02-2020, 11:43 AM
I think it would have already been done. You have to figure Cohen reached out before Egg Bowl and already had a good idea who would take the job. We are 3 days removed from Bowl game. The time before the Egg plus these 3 days have been plenty of time for ?gauging interest? and/or making the fire and hire. I believe the quite is Cohen and Keenum letting the fire burn out and hoping everything just goes away. I have zero faith in our administration doing what?s best for MSU football right now.

mstatefan91
01-02-2020, 11:44 AM
There will be moves today and tomorrow.. whether they go as far as firing Moorhead is yet to be seen and depends on if we get another coach lined up.. But a ton of assistants are getting let go..

vv83
01-02-2020, 11:45 AM
I think New Years nothing was gonna happen. Give it until Sunday.. if nothing out by then I agree with you

Msujd164
01-02-2020, 11:48 AM
MSU is a multi million dollar operation. New Years Day should have no influence on decisions. Hell, Bojangles is open NYD. If Cohen isn’t working on this cluster 17 bc it is NYD, then it falls in line with what I already think about the dude.

quickstrike2
01-02-2020, 11:49 AM
I hope I am wrong, but I agree that it probably would have already been done. I think they are sticking their head in the sand and hoping it will go away and that fans will get distracted by basketball and baseball season.

vv83
01-02-2020, 11:51 AM
MSU is a multi million dollar operation. New Years Day should have no influence on decisions. Hell, Bojangles is open NYD. If Cohen isn’t working on this cluster 17 bc it is NYD, then it falls in line with what I already think about the dude.

That’s fine but not how it works. Coaching searches involve multiple parties that are not MSU

TrapGame
01-02-2020, 11:54 AM

That's not how it works. We're not hiring a new fry guy. This involves a shit ton of people to be on the same page. If we are going to make a move it will start leaking out soon.

OLJWales
01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
I think they didn't wanna do it during the holidays. I'm betting on Monday morning.

BuckyIsAB****
This is legit. There is no rumor here. The law has been laid down. I just hope it doesnt end up with a new staff but same HC. That would be a very MSU move

Tbonewannabe
We won't release letting Moorhead go until we can sign whoever replaces him. That will take a little bit more time to work out contract details. We could announce letting Moorhead go on Friday and then announce the new guy on Monday or Tuesday (depending on if he has a bowl game on Monday).

OLJWales
01-02-2020, 12:00 PM
This is legit. There is no rumor here. The law has been laid down. I just hope it doesnt end up with a new staff but same HC. That would be a very MSU move

Disastrous. Like someone already said, who the 17 would sign up with us under those circumstances?

Coursesuper
01-02-2020, 12:03 PM

Stupid micromanaging move, screams weakness on our administrations part.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Disastrous. Like someone already said, who the 17 would sign up with us under those circumstances?

Guys like Rich Rod and Mac. Its just trying to plug the dam. This is done. Moorhead is done at State whether we fire him today, tomorrow or next november is the only question

ckDOG
01-02-2020, 12:04 PM
3 likely scenarios:

1) Egg bowl euphoria has worn off. Cooler heads have prevailed. Money people are embarrassed again and want change ASAP

2) Cohen informed Joe he must make assistant changes including hiring an OC. Joe has told John to pound sand. Joe essentially is firing himself.

3) All this is BS. Expect and accept the status quo

If 1 and 2 are happening, I doubt we know anything today or tomorrow. The turning point would have been the bowl game. We've had downtime since. Next week would be the newsworthy week.

That all said....Emstate. #3

MrKotter
01-02-2020, 12:14 PM
There will be moves today and tomorrow.. whether they go as far as firing Moorhead is yet to be seen and depends on if we get another coach lined up.. But a ton of assistants are getting let go..
If this is the move made, letting assistants go, Moorhead will be here 2 more years and nothing will have improved. No coach worth anything will come here for a 1-2 year deal. And, you're not going to get quality assistants knowing Moorhead is dead man walking. We're better off keeping everything intact because it will make unloading his ass next year much easier.

Really Clark?
01-02-2020, 12:17 PM
3 likely scenarios:

1) Egg bowl euphoria has worn off. Cooler heads have prevailed. Money people are embarrassed again and want change ASAP

2) Cohen informed Joe he must make assistant changes including hiring an OC. Joe has told John to pound sand. Joe essentially is firing himself.

If 1 and 2 are happening, I doubt we know anything today or tomorrow. The turning point would have been the bowl game. We've had downtime since. Next week would be the newsworthy week.

What makes next week more newsworthy than this weekend?

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:18 PM
3 likely scenarios:

Its a mix of 1 and 2. Throw in some hurt feelings and Keenum being embarrassed and you've about got it. I think its a game of chicken. Moorhead will have to have a huge ego check and do what he should have done since the start (adapt, do what we can do, dont be the smartest/most arrogant guy in the room) or be fired.

I personally think if he is coaching here in 2020 we deserve what we get. This is over and it needs to be fixed before we go 3-9

OLJWales
01-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Guys like Rich Rod and Mac. Its just trying to plug the dam. This is done. Moorhead is done at State whether we fire him today, tomorrow or next november is the only question

Yep, thought of that a split second after I hit send. What are those 2 guys doing now?

ckDOG
01-02-2020, 12:32 PM
What makes next week more newsworthy than this weekend?

Assumption that there are replacement discussions being had right now. Those aren't always quick especially if the money people made it apparent they'd stay with Joe and now have reversed course. Might take a minute to warm up any discussions previously tabled. Of course, we could also have our guy and can pull the trigger at moments notice but I remain skeptical.

bobtail bob
01-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Its a mix of 1 and 2. Throw in some hurt feelings and Keenum being embarrassed and you've about got it. I think its a game of chicken. Moorhead will have to have a huge ego check and do what he should have done since the start (adapt, do what we can do, dont be the smartest/most arrogant guy in the room) or be fired.

I personally think if he is coaching here in 2020 we deserve what we get. This is over and it needs to be fixed before we go 3-9

? what he should have done since the start ? implies that jughead can be fixed with a few staff changes and builds on rosebowel?s statement from last night about assistants being changed. Jughead can?t be fixed he?s lazy and is not respected by the players.. A band aid is not enough for me to bring one red cent of my money back to game day in Starkville

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2020, 12:43 PM
? what he should have done since the start ? implies that jughead can be fixed with a few staff changes and builds on rosebowel?s statement from last night about assistants being changed. Jughead can?t be fixed he?s lazy and is not respected by the players.. A band aid is not enough for me to bring one red cent of my money back to game day in Starkville

Oh I agree with you. This is over. It was over the instant he decided he would rather lose his way than win the kids way