PDA

View Full Version : Severe weather possible again this afternoon.

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2020, 11:37 AM
The area in brown has been designated by the SPC as having a slight risk for damaging straight line winds and tornadoes this afternoon. This is looking to be mainly a squall line type event with brief spin up tornadoes embedded within. These are generally weak and short lived, but notice the word generally.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1probotlk_1630_torn.gif

parabrave
01-02-2020, 12:05 PM
You going to be live broadcasting?

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2020, 12:45 PM
You going to be live broadcasting?

All depends. If storms develop and I can get on them in the daylight then I will. If it's after dark before I'm on them then I probably won't but will still be tweeting out pictures. One of these days when I'm independently wealthy and can afford a camera with night vision then darkness won't be a limiting factor. I will say by the time our spring severe weather season ramps up I hope to have a drone so if I'm in an area of trees I can run it up above tree line to see what's going on.

parabrave
01-02-2020, 01:49 PM
All depends. If storms develop and I can get on them in the daylight then I will. If it's after dark before I'm on them then I probably won't but will still be tweeting out pictures. One of these days when I'm independently wealthy and can afford a camera with night vision then darkness won't be a limiting factor. I will say by the time our spring severe weather season ramps up I hope to have a drone so if I'm in an area of trees I can run it up above tree line to see what's going on.

Get you a grant

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Get you a grant

Don't think they give grants to private citizens and I'm not officially with any govt agency. Everything I do is volunteer. I just report back to the NWS and WTVA.

monroedawg5646
01-02-2020, 02:11 PM
The brown color of the warning must be due to the shit storm in Starkville.